[PP-F4] Forgotten Legacy Part 1 <Beginner Dungeon>

The walls of the tunnels looked like they were natural and yet...  Not.  It was as if the tunnel itself was natural but wasn't big enough for traveling in so someone chipped away at it in a rather rushed manner so that they could fit through.  It confused Itzal though as to why.  He guessed he'd just have to investigate.  He walked down the tunnel, seeing another room up ahead.  He saw some more glowstones on the wall and reached to pick them up.  To his happiness they actually came off and he was able to insert them one by one into his inventory.  The first was a blue crystal.  The second was a light blue one.  He was beginning to recognize a pattern here.  Ah, a purple one.  And a clear one.  However when he moved the clear one he spotted something in the reflection.  Something black.  Itzal narrowed his eyes and drew his sword, spinning around and holding it in the air towards the room where he came from.  "Alright I know your there!  Show yourself now!" 

ID#  83082  18  +4 MAT  16 total  <>  13,680 col  <>  580/1,140 hp

Edited by Itzal
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itzal stood there with his sword pointed at whoever was hiding behind the walls.  He wasn't using reveal, just detect.  He wanted these players to show themselves and give them the chance to do the right thing.  Besides, he didn't like to spy on people.  It was just something about him.  Velnia landed on his shoulder and allowed lightning to crawl over her body so that she was ready for combat.  He would much rather be equipped with Dragon's soul and Beauty Incarnated but he had arranged his gear so that loot was his target and thus this gear would have to do for the moment.  Besides, he was a fairly high level.  If he did have to fight he wouldn't go down so easily.  What he was wondering was who else could have followed him here?  Besides himself he didn't hear or know about anyone else being able to access hidden dungeons on the lower floors.  It was obviously clear these players could so there was that.  Perhaps they would know something about it.  If they weren't here to attack him that is.  The main issue was his health.  Velnia spotted more crystals and added them to his inventory while he waited.

ID#  83225  LD:  14+5  +4 MAT  20 MAT total

640/1,140  HP

Edited by Itzal

Itzal waited until the figure emerged.  Or rather, the figures.  Itzal's eyes widened a little bit before he lowered his sword just slightly.  Those players.  They had spoken to him briefly in the previous quest he had recently soloed.  They had mentioned something about helping him master his stealth or something.  "You two...  I remember you two.  Why did you follow me?"  He didn't bother asking how.  He could tell they were high level and very resourceful.  The two were dressed like ninjas or assassins of some sort so he couldn't help but wonder if they were good players, or bad ones...  Jeez, he sounded like a kid when he thought that.  Still, their outfits gave off an intimidating look, but so did Itzal's.  In the end it wasn't about appearances, just stats.  For Itzal though, motive was another big part in the equation.  Itzal's goal was to get everyone home and assist those who needed it.  He couldn't stand leaving someone to die.  So what were these players like?  Were they caring or heartless?

ID#  83313  LD:  2  20 MAT total

660/1,140

Edited by Itzal

The two players looked at each other for a moment.  Finally the man looked to Itzal again before giving an actual reply.  "We chose to follow you because of your skill Itzal.  Like I said before, we wish to teach you how to truly master the art of stealth."  Itzal stared at the player as he said this and multiple questions came to mind.  Questions like, how did you learn my name?  How do you know my skills?  Why would you want to train me?  For what purpose even?  Did they plan to use me?  Would they dispose of me afterwards?  Then he heard something extremely faint being said and when the man turned his eyes over to the woman it was clear she made the sound.  She glanced at him then threw her head the other way.  The man returned his attention to Itzal.  While he did so, Velnia kept searching for more materials they could use.  She knew Itzal wouldn't mind selling some, but also that he wanted to work on his crafting and finish Kasier's order.  Especially with what he had planned.

ID#  83314  LD:  9+8  +4 MAT  24 Total

680/1,140

Edited by Itzal

Itzal stared at the two players and blinked.  "Uh, yes I have questions.  I just listed them off in my head actually.  You want it all at once?  Or would you like it one at a time?"  The man chuckled while the woman scoffed into the air"How about we take it one at a time."  Itzal nodded.  "Alright.  Who on earth are you two?  What's your names?"  Itzal watched as the man nodded and glanced at the woman.  "My name is Corvo.  This is my friend and partner Dreadshot.  It is a pleasure to meet you Itzal."  Itzal tightened the grip on his sword and Corvo seemed to notice it.  Itzal couldn't help but wonder why Corvo.  The name was the name of the protagonist of a game called dishonored.  The story was that the protagonist was the empress's body guard until he was framed and then he goes to either seek revenge or use non lethal methods to set things right.  Which version of Corvo was this player?  "That actually brings me to my next question.  How on earth did you find out about my name?" 

ID#  83315  LD:  2

700/1,140

Edited by Itzal

The man seemed a little bit disappointed at Itzal's question.  In his eyes the answer should have been painfully clear.  "I asked the info broker of course.  Did you honestly think I asked everyone in Aincrad?"  The woman scoffed, obviously thinking lowly of him.  Itzal didn't care.  "There are multiple ways you could have gained my name.  Some through good actions, others through dark.  Some, as yours was, is neutral."  The man thought about it and nodded.  "Makes sense.  So, were there any other questions you had in mind?"  Itzal was silent for a moment.  His next question was going to be how he knew what his skills were but the previous answer had, well, pretty much answered that little notion.  Still, these player's intentions were still unknown to him.  The fact that they told him they would train him in the arts of stealth was fishy enough, but the woman's attitude and the man's lax actions made Itzal want to ask a few more questions.  In the meantime, Velnia looked around a little more and found some more materials.

ID#  83318  LD:  11+8  +4 MAT  28 Total

720/1,140

Edited by Itzal

"Uh, yeah I have one or two more.  Why do want to train me?"  To this the man nodded.  It seemed that was what he was waiting for this entire time. "After we learned who you were and the guild you represent, when we saw you using your sneak skill to complete that quest it was clear to us you were practicing.  It's our goal to assist you so that you might better assist others."  There was a little bit of silence as Itzal listened and silence afterwards as he tried to process this information.  The two ninja like players wanted to help him help others?  "Ooookeee, so I'm confused on two things.  Why would you want me to help other players, and why would you think mastering stealth would be a benefit to my helping others?"  After he asked this the ninja seemed to have been expecting that question as well.  Velnia found another small bundle of materials and snatched them for Itzal as well.  At least the trip wouldn't be wasted he thought to himself.  What was he at now, thirty two materials?

ID#  83378  LD:  7+8  +4 MAT  32 MAT total

740/1,140

Edited by Itzal

The man laughed a little bit and sighed.  "I'm just messing with you.  No, this is the real reason.  We've been making sure the low leveled players don't die, whether it's by their own stupidity or if they're attacked by pkers.  Or even their own friends or party members.  We keep tabs on everything and everyone and well, it's become rather boring as of late.  We figured that you might be an interesting player to hang out with from time to time.  I also figured we could teach you stealth to give you a reason to hang out with us as well.  We tend to stick to the shadows above everything else after all."  Itzal loosened his stance.  These players took care of the lower players?  That would mean that they dedicated their lives to aiding players in need rather than fighting on the front lines.  They had built their entire builds towards assisting the low floors instead of gaining glory by unlocking future floors.  Itzal slowly sheathed his sword the more he thought about it.  They stuck to the shadows for good reasons he concluded.

760/1,140

Edited by Itzal

"Soooo....  You just wanted someone to hang out with?"  The man gave a short nod while the woman gave a sort of hmph sound.  "Are uh...  Are you two in agreement or is it one sided?"  The man chuckled and pointed to her.  "Dreadshot didn't originally, but after hearing the rumors about you, as well as seeing your excellent searching skills I convinced her to give you a shot.  What happens next of course is up to you."  Itzal nodded and sheathed his blade.  The moment he did however the woman shot forward with surprising speed, a Katana flashing as she charged.  Itzal immediately knew he would have no time to draw his blade.  So instead he would rely on his defensive abilities.  She swung her weapon at him and he swung his arm out at it, parrying the blow off of the strip of metal that rested on his armor's forearm.  The blow was knocked out of the way but he noticed that she didn't advance further.  Her eyes were closed for a moment before she opened them.  "I am satisfied."

ID#  83414  LD:  5

780/1,140

Edited by Itzal

Itzal stared at her in the eyes through his hood.  Unless she had night vision she would not be able to see his own eyes, but then again he wasn't sure what her skills let alone mods were.  She stared back and appeared to be rather bored.  She appeared to be.  Underneath she was actually curious as to how skilled this boy really was.  She sheathed her katana and stepped aside.  Itzal turned his gaze to the man.  "What the hell was that about may I ask?"  The man sighed.  "Dreadshot wanted to see just how skilled you were.  If you would reach for your sword, run away, just stand there, or come up with a counter attack.  She says she's satisfied so let's leave it at that.  We may be partners but there are times I'm not sure what her motives are."  "Oh shut up Corvo."  Itzal looked at Velnia with confusion but then his eyes lit up.  She was holding three gemstones as well as a shard of mithril.  She found one.  She found a mithril shard.

ID#  83687  LD:  20  +3 MAT  +1 Mithril  35 MAT  1 Mithril

800/1,140

Edited by Itzal

The two ninja's looked at each other for a moment before looking back at Itzal, who was inserting the mithril shard in it's special place in his inventory, and the rest of the materials in his normal storage.  "Um, sorry did you just say mithril?"  Itzal turned to him with an embarrassed grin.  "Oh yeah, there's a bit to explain.  So, a friend of mine and myself started a little quest of our own.  We were questioning why there didn't seem to be any dwarves on the mountain floor and then that thought led to us discovering something left behind by the dwarves.  Ever since we've been investigating into where they might have gone, fighting mainly goblins and such.  Not too long ago I discovered mithril shards so I'm gathering the shards in hopes that we could make ourselves some armor suitable for discovering the dwarves when we catch up to them." 

ID#  83755  LD: 19  +4 MAT  39 MAT  1 Mithril
820/1,140

Edited by Itzal

The two ninja's looked at each other before turning back to him.  "A quest...  To find the dwarves?"  Itzal nodded before he sighed.  "You realize there are dwarves on the ninth floor right?"  Itzal's eyes widened.  What?  "There are dwarves on that floor?!  Do you know where?"  He nodded.  "Yeah, they have their own settlement.  I can lead you to them later if you'd like."  Itzal nodded to him.  "Yeah, let's do that.  You can lead Jonathan and me to them.  Something's odd about this and I want to find out what."  It didn't add up.  All information that the two of them had gathered on the dwarves told them that they had mastered advanced technology as well as magic, and had created a device that raised them each floor.  Itzal didn't understand how they could be on the ninth floor....  Unless, they were somehow left behind by accident.  That would be the more logical solution.  Even if it wasn't however, Itzal intended to look into them a little bit more.  He would find the answer one way or another.

ID#  83914  LD: 2
840/1,140

Edited by Itzal

The ninja nodded.  "Well alright then.  Should we continue?  It's clear your health is not yet maximum so we can handle any mobs we might encounter along the way, but overall we'll let you do the work."  Itzal nodded and the three began to descend into the caves.  "So you can see the dungeons on lower floors too eh?"  The player nodded.  "It only happened recently so we assumed it was an update of sorts."  So his thought was true.  Only recently had he received this dungeon map and along with that he had received items that gave him a bonus skill point as well as a discount on purchasing a house.  It had all surprised him and while he wasn't going to pass on the opportunity, he didn't want to bring it up with his friends as he felt it would be rather rude since they had to work hard for such things.  He still intended to work hard to gather col since other players would need it.  He wanted to assist others after all so he'd do so in any way he could.  Part of that he knew was gathering materials, which is why he smiled when he spotted four more song crystals.

ID#  83915  LD:  8+8  +4 MAT  43  MAT  1 Mithril

860/1,140

Edited by Itzal

Corvo watched as Itzal had picked up the four song crystals carefully.  "You a performer?"  Itzal turned to him and smiled.  "Yeah I'm a performer, but I gather any materials so that I can sell them to other players as well.  Or lend some when boss raids are coming near."  He looked a bit confused to Itzal's statement.  "Aren't performers the least needed profession?"  To this Itzal chuckled as they walked.  "Debuff items won't work on Floor bosses unfortunately.  Because of that most players deem them useless.  However they can indeed be useful in a variety of events.  For example, I have two rare quality with me now that reduce the target's evasion and accuracy for a little bit.  I'll use them on the last two monsters to reduce the chances of my getting harmed.  And while leveling up is a real pain, I enjoy music so the profession works for me.  Regardless of how difficult something is, if one enjoys it they should shoot for it right?"  Velnia spotted another four crystals on the wall and pulled them off for Itzal.

ID#  83916  LD:  13+8  +4 MAT  47 MAT  1 Mithril

880/1,140

Edited by Itzal

Corvo seemed to fall silent as he listened to everything Itzal said about his own profession.  He still felt it was useless but he did agree with Itzal's statement on players enjoyment fullheartedly.  He nodded.  "I can respect that."  "Sooo.  What profession do you guys have?"  "Well my profession is alchemy.  I figured I could get the two of us potions so that we wouldn't have to buy them so much.  Dreadshot selected cook so that we can get those buffs for free too.  We try to stay away from anything, anyone, or anyplace social.  The less other's know of us, the more we're able to operate freely.  Whenever we hit another tier we'll visit a blacksmith cloaked head to toe in a simple cloth garb.  The easier we can operate the more we can assist lower leveled players without their knowing.  You have no idea how many players we've kept alive and they've no idea we've done so."  Hearing all of this had surprised Itzal but at the same time he could respect it.  They chose to be silent protectors and take no credit for the actions.  He picked up another four crystals and inserted them into his inventory.

ID#  83929  LD:  8+8  +4 MAT  51 MAT  1 Mithril

900/1,140

Edited by Itzal

Itzal's attention was switched when Velnia landed on his shoulder and nuzzled against his hood.  He chuckled and stroked her to which she had begun to give out her typical dragon purr.  She was purring to a tune Itzal didn't know but........  A tune.  Tune, song, song crystals!  He was an idiot.  He chuckled as he stopped and opened his inventory.  Dreadshot seemed to stiffen from this action but Corvo simply watched.  Itzal pulled out a healing song he had crafted a while back, and activated it.  The song victim began to play and the two just stared as his health increased by an additional one hundred and twenty as well as the natural regeneration, adding up to one thousand and forty health.  If he used another song crystal he would be able to tackle monsters without any more issues.  Of course he had two more monsters to go so he should use a debuff on the other two.  Probably a debuff in evasion and accuracy. 

ID#  83930  LD:  15  +4 MAT  55 MAT  1 Mithril

1,040/1,140

Song consumed

Spoiler

Name: Victim
Profession: Performer
ID: 67050
Roll: 11 (10+1)
Item Type:  Healing Song
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements:  Revives player for 120 hp
Description:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSxGnrx6GPU

Edited by Itzal
  • 2 weeks later...

Corvo nodded approvingly.  "So performers can craft healing items then?  That is one thing that I did not know of.  Good to know.  So what other items do you have on you at the moment?"  Itzal turned to the other two for a moment.  "Uh, one more healing song of lesser quality, and two debuffs.  I'll use the debuffs on the next monsters we take on."  Dreadshot scoffed at his words and he turned to look at her as they continued to walk.  "Is uh, something wrong?"  She turned to him.  "It's simply the fact that you're so weak you need to use a debuff to survive."  Itzal looked at her for a little bit.  "I chose to be a scout.  Now that I'm working on my dps build I can survive on my own.  There is something that players like you don't realize:  Stats don't make you invincible.  I'm strong because I strategize."  Itzal watched as Velnia dug into the ground a bit and came back with more jewels and a mithril shard, making him smile.  "Enlighten me then kid.  How would you take me down?" 

ID#  84486  LD:  20   +3 MAT +1 Mithril   58 MAT  2 Mithril

1,060/1,140

Edited by Itzal

Itzal sighed as they walked.  "Well for starters, I would gather info off of you.  No matter how hard someone tries, rumors will arise.  And where rumors start, a trail forms no matter how cold.  After gaining an image of you and your abilities I'd prepare myself.  It's clear you have high damage with your katana and guessing you have mitigation.  I know you two are survivors so most likely you'll have battle healing.  So here's how I'd plan the duel:  I apply safeguard, damage, mitigation as well as burn and poison potions beforehand.  When you attack and hit my safeguard, I'll use a debuff on you that reduces your accuracy.  After that I attack and try to land bleed poison and burn on you.  When the debuff is close to running out I use a stun art on you and use another debuff while waiting.  And I simply repeat the process until you've either lost or I've run out."  Corvo and Dreadshot stared at him while Velnia gathered more materials for him and his shop.  He'd be needing them after all.

ID#  84488  LD:  7+8  +4 MAT  62 MAT  2 Mithril

1,080/1,140

Edited by Itzal

Corvo started to chuckle and Dreadshot stopped looking at him, switching to the path they were taking.  "I told you he wouldn't disappoint Dread.  Well now, that is indeed quite impressive my friend.  So you prefer to think of yourself as a scout and strategist?"  Itzal nodded to Corvo.  "I prefer to gather intel and find the best course of action.  To rush in blindly and hack at everything in your path simply because you have strong skills or stats is foolish and arrogant.  It's that behavior that got many players killed.  Tell me, of all the players you've saved, how many were in danger because they thought they could take on something they weren't ready for?"  Corvo nodded to his question.  "Most of them.  It was either that or something snuck up from behind.  Something that only the smartest could prepare for."  Itzal nodded.  That was understandable.  Many players tended to focus on things they knew.  Rarely did anyone try preparing for something unusual or without a pattern.

ID#  84489  LD:  6  62 MAT  2 Mithril

1,100/1,140

Edited by Itzal

Itzal saw the room coming up and they entered.  Itzal stopped, a little surprised at what he saw.  It was a rectangular shaped room, the walls just like all the others in the cave.  There were indents in the walls that seemed to serve as shelves, although all they were holding right now were cobwebs and icicles.  Itzal saw a few chests here and there but when he tried opening them they opened with a creaking noise to discover nothing inside.  A few ancient bones littered the place as well.  "Well, at least it wasn't nothing.  These chests mean that I'm on the right track."  Corvo nodded and pointed to the wall furthest from them.  "There's a pathway through there.  It's a secret door."  Itzal activated reveal and saw what he was talking about.  "Hey that's right...  You have reveal as well?"  Corvo chuckled.  "I suppose you could say I'm the scout in this party." 

ID#  84492  LD:  5  No chest found.  62  MAT  2 Mithril

1,120/1,140

Edited by Itzal