[PP-F1] Clipping Weeds <Itzal and Hestia> <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>>

Itzal walked through the forest with Hestia who had recently received her first real set of actual armor.  Perfect quality with three slots for each piece of equipment.  The armor, the shield and her curved sword.  It was all amazingly well crafted.  Itzal had to wonder though, who designed this game?  There were only three available spots for armor, whereas most MMO's had slots for helmets, shoulder pieces, gauntlets, bracers, weapons, torso, waist, legs, feet, neck, off hand, and even rings in most games.  Completely different from SAO.  It removed the creativity and freedom of choice Itzal believed.  Alas he digressed.  It was not the time to ponder the game's mechanics, to which he had already taken down notes for.  Instead he was here to help Hestia finish and clear out a quest that was annoying.  They had to defeat a certain amount of monsters and kill the boss.  You'd think it would be easy, but the tricky part was next.  When you kill the boss you need to get the drop it possesses and it's really difficult to get.  That's where Itzal would come in.  With his maxed out search and detect skill, and his cloak he would have a far greater chance of getting it.  "So that's why I should probably kill the boss when we run into it.  Of course you can fight the weaker monsters to test out your equipment."  He knew that Hestia wanted to do things on her own weight and he admired thatVelnia flew side to side to music she was obviously hearing inside her strange head of hers.

well when you have a point Itzal it's hard to argue against it. And i'd prefer not being stuck their for hours killing the same monsters and boss. Over, and over again. I say with a slight groan at the thought of ever having to do something that sounds so tedious.  So i'll happily take on any of the weaker enemies i can kill myself, with your help now and then to speed things up. Then we take down the boss, with you getting the final strike to try and find that loot. I say with a nod of my head and a fierce determined look. As i finish speaking i look around the forest that we're in with curiosity. Trying to get use to the varied biomes that can be within it. Trying to get a good understanding of things, and the game. A little game that i have made up in my mind to try, and predict the other floors that could be within the game, and seeing if i get close with any of my guesses.

As we're walking around my familiar Kuro. The little lion with wings to match his side is looking around the area wit ha cautious look. Expecting something to pounce out at a moments notice. The young lion cub ready to do its best to protect its master from anything. Kuro's wings ready to take flight with the force of their flaps, then young lion pups leg muscles tensed ready to pounce in front or in any direction to try and take a hit. I just look down at my familiar while wearing my new armor and pets his head gently with the hand that isn't holding my sword. Doing so to try and comfort him, and to get him to ease up a little. As i do pet him he gives me a look for a few seconds before slowly relaxes and starts to walk normally. Trusting that us two can notice when the big scary monsters will pop out.

Hearing her first sentence he couldn't help but wonder if that was a good thing or a bad thing.  What if he led someone astray by accident?  Not to mention he didn't believe anyone should have that kind of power.  Was it power or something else though?  She mentioned how she'd rather not be stuck killing monsters and bosses over a very long period of time.  He heard her groan and chuckled, putting his hand on her shoulder.  "Don't worry, this shouldn't take that long."  It really shouldn't take too long unless something went really wrong.  He hoped nothing happened.  She then began to explain that she would be happy to kill the weaker enemies with his help.  With his help huh?  Itzal could technically kill them all in one shot but then again he could also just target one monster and let her handle the others.  He could also use no sword arts, but he'd still be dealing fifteen damage with each hit even without sword arts so that would still deal a lot.

Velnia noticed Kuro looking around trying to see if anything was coming.  Itzal noticed it too, but unlike him, Velnia was going to do something.  She shot into the woods from the side, then began shooting back and forth across the path into the forest on both sides until it seemed she was everywhere at once.  Soon enough something roared in the brush and Velnia shot back, landing on Kuro's back and putting her head on his mane with a grin.  Itzal used reveal and saw a mob getting back down to rest.  "Don't worry it's not really a threat.  Velnia woke something up and we're out of it's aggro range.  The plants should be up ahead soon."

i nod my head gaining a serious look hearing that the plants are ahead i hold my sword ready to strike when ready as i turn my head to look into your eyes. I just smile and grins ready to fight these things at any moment. Noticing you didn't mention my ask of help, and decides to elaborate on it. I mean i just asked for the help encase i don't hit hard enough, i mean...do i hit hard enough...i guess i will just find out. I say pausing a bit in my sentences to think on what i am going to say, and to wonder if i can do it on my own. At asking myself that question my eyes spark with determination and a fire to succeed. You know what i can kill the weaker ones, yeah i'm sure i can no doubt is allowed. I say with conviction as i walk forward with a grin on my face. Keeping pace with you.

Kuro just gives Velnia a looks and lightly taps her head with one wing to show he didn't approve of her antics of getting a monster to be angry, and wishing to harm people. After doing so he continues just walking between me, and you with a patient, and his body ready to pounce at a moments notice to defend me.

Itzal noticed her turn to look at him so he turned in, well, returned.  Kind of hard to keep words that sound similar apart at times it seems.  She seemed a bit eager for the combat but something seemed to be troubling her.  She then mentioned how she asked for his help in case she didn't hit hard enough, or rather deal enough damage.  Itzal nodded in understanding.  "Got it.  I'll be there the entire time.  If things seem to get out of hand I'll jump in and help you out alright?"  Itzal doubted she'd need any help with these monsters.  They had seven health each and only dealt three points of damage.  Then he realized something and turned to Hestia.  "By the way, what level are you now?  Those quests should have bumped you up a few times at least."  He heard her mention how she could kill the monsters on her own without any doubt.  Itzal smiled and nodded.  He'd still be there just in case she needed assistance, however he really didn't think she'd need it.  "Alright.  I have absolute faith in you Hestia." 

As they approached the area, Velnia felt the slap and made an irritated sound but it didn't last long.  She pushed her head into his mane and nuzzled inside of it, enjoying the feeling for a bit, before taking off and flying all over again.  It would be seen that she wasn't trying to harm the players, as she flew ahead but stayed just out of the aggro range of the four plants that stood there before them.  Itzal looked at Hestia with a smile and a nod.

Nepent:  7/7  <>  3 dmg

hearing you ask for my level i swipe my hand into the air to look at my stats. As i look i nod my head with a smile. I'm level seven currently Itzal. I say with a proud grin on my face as i hold my sword ready to strike. I open my menu again takes a quick glance over at what skills i could use that would be helpful in this situation of dealing with these things. I sigh softly wishing i had rank 2 knowing that would be useful. Instead i move up towards the first one of these things to attack it. I look at the four creatures and just decides to attack the far left one.  Come on Kuro! this is our battle! I call out to my familiar as i run in. Moving forward blade ready to strike it. Kuro flying behind me sticking close.

#89396    BD: 10   (hyper crit)     MD: 3

Rage Blow:  3+2(hyper crit)  x 2 (sword skill) = 10     

I grin as i hit the nepent killing it within one strike as i look at the remaining three of these nepent with a grin on my face. A grin from having killed the first one before it could even hit me.

Hestia: 140/140    Energy: 12/14

Nepent: 3/3

Edited by Hestia

Level seven?  He thought.  Yeah she'd have no issue destroying these suckers.  They were barely a threat to a level two player, let alone level seven.  He watched as she gave a determined look at the monsters and advanced on them, calling to Kuro to fight with her.  Itzal had his blade on his hip just in case.  Anytime things got out of hand he'd be on it.  Since they were in a party together, Itzal could watch her health meter to determine if she was getting too low in health for his comfort.  He watches as she activates a sword art on one of the Nepents, killing it off rather swiftly and efficiently.  Luckily the nepents were.  Well, stupid.  The creatures attempted to strike her but one tripped, one missed her by a full foot, and the other tried headbutting her but hit her armor instead and stumbled backward from the impact.  Itzal chuckled at the monster's pathetic attempt.

Nepent 1 ID#  89398  MD:  3  -  Miss!  7/7
Nepent 2  ID#  89399  MD:  5  -  Miss!  7/7
Nepent 3  ID#  89400  MD:  3  -  Miss!
  7/7

@Hestia:  140/140  <>  12/14

Edited by Itzal

I just stand their with a grin, and can't help but chuckle at their failed attempts to hit me with their attacks. Only one getting close by hitting my armor. I can't help but chuckle at them missing entirely. I just get ready to attack the next one in the line of these nepents. I smirk up at it and prep my sword. Well if the first time it worked. In theory it should again. I say with a grin and dashes forward and swings my sword horizontally to try and cleave into the things chest area. Or what i can assume would be its chest.

BD: 1     MD: 4  missed

I swing my sword but miss it entirely as i quickly then try to back up before it could strike at me. I sigh softly knowing that i can't be upset since i got the opposite side of the spectrum the first time through, and i was a bit arrogant when striking thinking i would kill it again with ease.

Hestia: 140/140   Energy: 10/14

Nepent: 7/7

Edited by Hestia

Itzal watched as she performed the same maneuver to another one of the nepents.  However he could see that her posture wasn't there and determination was being overridden by confidence which was sometimes good, but other times not.  Itzal could see the miss happen before it actually did and watched as she passed the monsters, the blade never hitting the monsters.  The creatures stared at her for a moment before turning and staring at each other.  After they stared at each other they turned back to her and charged again...  Slowly, so he supposed it was more of a crawl than charge.  One of them gave up trying to catch up to her.  One of them was too determined and pushed on right past her, running into a tree trunk.  The third however was watching the other two, then watched Hestia carefully, before determining where she would most likely move and rammed right into her.  It dealt a critical hit, but with Hestia's mitigation it got nowhere, dealing only one point of damage.

Nepent 1  ID#  89408  MD:  3
Nepent 2  ID#  89409  MD:  4
Nepent 3  ID#  89410  MD:  10  3+2-9=1 dmg

@Hestia:  139/140  <>  10/14

Edited by Itzal

I gasp softly as the Nepent strikes me. Knocking me off balance for a bit from the strike to my chest when it rammed into me. I took a few stumbling steps back before quickly righting myself as i hold my sword ready to strike. I look to the Nepent who struck me with its body, and decides maybe taking some basic swings would be for the best at the moment. I go towards that Nepent ready to strike at it. I swing my sword ready to strike it to deal damage.

BD: 9      MD: 7

I grin as i slice at the Nepent who attacked me dealing some damage to it to begin ending its life. Kuro lets out a small roar at the enemy being struck as he then takes off into the air sticking to being at least a foot around me in some angle. The lion cub eyeing the enemies as he flies with his black as night eagle wings.

Nepent: 3/7

Hestia: 139/140

Edited by Hestia

Itzal watched as Hestia reacted from the attack, getting knocked off balance for a bit but she managed to keep from falling over completely.  Good he thought, she's able to retain her balance.  If she practices she can recover in an instant rather than having to stumble back a bit before recovering.  Still it's better than being knocked over from the start.  She held her sword again but the way she held it told Itzal that she wasn't planning on activating any sword art that he knew of.  She wasn't going to use a normal attack was she?  She still had five shots left in her.  Oh well he thought to himself.  It was her choice.  It may just take a bit longer.  If she ran out of energy before the four were killed, he could always finish them off.  Seeing her rush at the monster and land a critical hit caused him to nod with a smile.  Of course the nepents weren't going to be smiling along with him.  The two who missed looked at each other, seeing how their comrade had attacked, and advanced together, the one that was struck retreating for a second.  When the monsters finally reached her it was.  Interesting to say the least.  The first monster rammed against her but ended up hitting her armor in a way that pierced it's body, causing it to die on it's attack.  At least it was able to deal a massive one point of damage.  (Insert sarcasm here)  The second one missed her entirely, but when it looked at it's fallen comrade shatter to crystals, it was...  Reconsidering this whole affair.  The last one, the one Hestia had struck, charged at her again but only succeeded in repeating the first Nepent's failure.  Itzal stood there in the silence.  He could pretty much see the sweat dropping off of the last nepent.  "Well this must be...  Awkward for you," Itzal said to the creature.

Nepent 1:  0/7  <>  ID# 89452  MD:  8  3-9=1 dmg.  Receives 7 Thrn damage.
Nepent 2:  7/7  <>  ID# 89453  MD:  5  - Miss
Nepent 3:  0/7  <>  ID# 89454  MD:  7  3-9=1 dmg.  Receives 7 Thrn damage.

@Hestia:  137/140  <>  10/14

Edited by Itzal

I grunt softly at each hit the two nepents hit me with. Having my foot hit the ground hard as i lose balance for a second. Recovering faster then the last time i try to do so as i get the rhythm of how to do so slowly. Trying to regain balance by slamming my foot behind me to stop any backwards momentum i would have. As i see the two Nepents shatter into crystals i turn to the last one. I then hear your comment which causes me to chuckle as i decide to continue. Really awkward indeed I say to the Nepent with a grin as i lift my sword up and begins charging up for a sword skill. I focus my gaze knowing arrogance is the enemy of a warrior. I look at the Nepent and charges forward and goes for a strike at its chest. Aiming to end this match now with a single strike.

#89455 BD: 6 

3x2 (Rage Blow)=6

I cleave into the Nepent's chest with rage blow carving into the monster as i can see that it's practically on its last bit of life. I smile a bit and holds my sword up ready to strike again as i look at the creature. Having no trace of worry on my face.

Nepent: 1/7

Hestia:  137/140  Energy: 8/14

Itzal noticed that she was beginning to adapt to the nepent's attacks, slowly making progress and learning how to use her foot to slow down her momentum by digging into the ground.  Something told Itzal that if she was interested, she would learn parkour pretty darn quickly.  The one and only issue with this was of course, she had heavy armor rather than light armor.  That would be a problem when it came to parkour.  Still, while she wouldn't be learning the technique, she was a fast learner and he was proud of her for that.  She turned to the last nepent, chuckling as she agreed.  The nepent seemed sorry it ever lived here but when Hestia attacked it quickly became defensive.  It may be regretting it's existence but it never backed down from a fight.  Mainly because the system made it.  He watched as the nepent was struck by her sword art and was a tap away from death.  It wasn't over yet though.  The Nepent rushed at her, slamming into her with enough force to knock her over.  The human being did kill it's friends after all, even if two of them died because they rammed into her.  It tried to look intimidating as it stood over her, but then a sword popped out of it's chest.  The blade was bright blue and electricity seemed to be generating from it.  The creature shattered as it lost it's last shred of health and Itzal sheathed Yakimba, holding his hand out to help Hestia up.  "Nicely done.  That armor works well for you I'd say," he told her with a grin.

Nepent 2:  ID# 89457  MD:  10

@Hestia:  136/140  <>  8/14
Itzal:  1,340/1,340  <>  134/134

ID#  89458  BD:  8  15 dmg

Edited by Itzal

I grin up at the Nepent having a grin on my face seeing the fear on this thing and having no sympathy. Just seeing it as a matter of life and death. I prefer living rather then this program. It then slams into me making me gasp as i see it looking at me with this look that is a bit frightening coming from this already weird looking thing. However, it is sort lived as a see the sword come through it. I can only whistle in appreciation of seeing the blade like that as the monster shatters. I take your hand to help me up off my feet. Kuro landing at my side as i pet his head gently seeing the ever so slight worried look on his face. Having to look at his face for a minute or two to understand the emotion he was trying to convey to me.

Yeah it has helped me out today by killing two of those things...wait isn't one more of them suppose to appear now. I say as i quickly start scanning the area remembering their is meant to be one last one of these things to try and kill to get the loot we're meant to get from the thing. I scan the clearly waiting to see it spawn, or for it to crawl from some part of the forest. Not letting my guard down after taking note of the fact we're not done.

Hearing the whistle he hoped that she didn't ask more about it.  He was given this demonic item by Hikoru and while he very much enjoyed it, he didn't like showing it off as much.  Normally it didn't spark up as that was a lowish chance of happening.  The fact that it happened this time was surprising.  Itzal watched as Kuro landed at his owner's side appearing to be rather worried.  Itzal smiled to Kuro.  "You don't need to be too concerned about her Kuro.  We're dealing with quests that infant's could handle.  No joke.  When we get to higher quests then we can be a little more protective.  You have my word," he finished with a grin.  Then she mentioned the boss and Itzal nodded.  It should...  why hasn't it.  Oh for the love of.  Velnia!  Stop that, we need to get a move on!"  Velnia had chosen to sit down on a rather large rock during the fight, but had to turn it a little to be comfortable.  What she hadn't realized was that when she turned it, it ended up being over the boss' head.  When the boss had made attempts to get up and push off the rock, Velnia had started jumping up and down to keep the boss below.  When Itzal called out to her she looked up and the boss threw the rock into the air.  Velnia flew off the rock and blew a raspberry at it.  The boss roared but while in mid roar Itzal activated charge and shot at the boss like lightning, releasing Rage spike and coming to a stop on the other side of the plant as it shattered into crystals.  Itzal watched as his menu opened revealing the item.  He sent it to @Hestia with a smile.  "Well, guess that's that."  Itzal watched as the menu opened again, stating how Hestia received a reward item.  "Huh.  I don't remember this part.  You don't need this though right?"

Item reward: 

Spoiler

Anneal Blade: A Sword that has the enchantment '+1 Damage' (Sword has 1 base, and 1 extra damage)

Nepent Variant:  0/15  ID# 89461  MD:  2

Itzal:  1,340/1,340  <>  132/134

ID#  89459  BD:  7  15+5x2-5=35 dmg
ID#  89460  LD:  15+8=23  Item received!

Edited by Itzal

I just chuckle seeing that the holdup was little Velnia having fun again. After hearing you call her over and seeing her blowing a raspberry at the boss i just turn to you and ask. You sure she is a dragon? I ask in a joking tone. Then after seeing the boss get summoned and then quickly and promptly killed. I just watch in stunned silence at seeing such a quick kill done by you. Well damn. I just say very impressed by that. I then notice i got some reward item and seeing that it's just a blade that isn't as good as my own i shake my head no. No i don't need it Itzal. Do i sell it, or keep it? I don't know what to do with it. I tell you not really sure what i do with weapons i don't need. Hmmmm maybe i could give it to one of the players i talk to who don't have any gear yet that is enhanced. I say to myself in thinking as i wonder what to do with this blade.

Kuro himself just nods at your comforting of him and quickly goes back to being this proud and stoic lion cub. Trying to seem not worried at all for me. As he watches your attack he just nods, and flies over to velnia and gives her a little smack on the head with his tail for holding up me, and you from the field boss. Kuro having a passive look as he gazes at Velnia. After the light playful smack to her head he just pats her gently with his tail as if to say good job for allowing his friend/owner a slight rest after her fight.

The sight of Velnia playing around was amusing he had to admit.  He smiled and shook his head as he recalled the time he met up with friends in a restaurant.  Velnia had picked up two very breakable items and began juggling them as she weaved in and out of the fans blades.  Then the bartender came over in anger and she picked him up and added him to the show.  They nearly got thrown out actually.  When she asked if he was sure she was a dragon and he shrugged with a laugh.  "I don't know anymore, it's what she looks like so that's what I'm calling her."  While he really didn't care much about the attack, and while he didn't think it too impressive since the boss was pathetically weak.   If she had invested skill points in her weapon skill she could probably one shot the monster as well.  He heard what her thoughts on the item were and he nodded with a smile.  "You'd have to get to them first though.  Otherwise they may run into another player who gives them an item, or buys one for them like I did for you."  Nonetheless it was her decision and he was happy that she wanted to aid others in the manner she suggested.  If there was equipment Itzal didn't need he would much rather give it to someone else rather than sell an item.

Velnia wasn't fond of being smacked, especially since she believed herself to be the superior one since she was rank three and tier three.  Not only that but she wasn't trying to slow the progress down.  She was sitting down when the stone started moving.  She just wanted it to stop was all.  Before she could do something to annoy the lion further however she started getting petted by Kuro and she calmed down, relaxing.  As a return favor she licked the lion's cheek and nuzzled against him.

well i guess that is true i say with a smile on my face as i look to you. So then i guess i'll keep this sword till i meet a player who could need having a good sword like this. I say cheerfully with a grin on my face. Well good in terms of comparing it to the starter weapon that doesn't have any enhancements. I say with a grin on my face. Well i guess we should start heading back then into town to turn in the quest unless you have some sort of secret cool spot out here that you would want to show me. I say to you in a playful tone as i go and sit on a nearby rock to wait and hear what you have to say, and suggest. Kuro is just allowing little Velnia to lick his cheek and nuzzle him. The lion not seeming as irked and annoyed as he was initially was when Velnia did so when they first met.

Itzal nodded to her response and smiled back, hoping that she would run into a player who had literally nothing who could use an uncommon weapon.  He wondered how she'd react if they took on the worn out welcome quest and she received the uncommon armor.  Two uncommon equipment.  Honestly he could see her putting a positive spin on it.  That made him smile that much more.  "I hope you find someone you can help out then Hestia."  She then mentioned how they should probably be heading out back to town and turn in the quest.  Itzal was about to nod when she added the bit about a secret cool spot that he might know or want to show her.  He turned to her as they began walking.  "Well that would depend on what you believe to be 'cool'.  There are some pretty fantastic views if that's what you mean.  As well as several spots that are beautiful in every way.  There are places good for training, and-"  He stopped as he had just begun to play her words in his head again and finally detected the playful tone, his face reddening as he had failed once again to catch the tone.  Always the tone with him.  He shook it away and tried to compose himself.  "At any rate!"  He said, hopefully keeping her from going on further.  "There's an area nearby where I found a chest hidden.  Perhaps it respawned by now, perhaps it didn't.  Want to check to see?" 

I hope i can find someone to help out also. I say with a nod of my head as i look at the item in my inventory for one last second before closing it and then turns to you. I would prefer giving the weapon to someone who could need it instead of just allowing it to waste in my inventory or in shop. Waiting to find a owner that might never come. I say and then chuckles as a thought comes to my mind. This blade just getting passed from one new player to another. It's name forever changing to the boar slayer do to how many new players will kill boars with it.  I say jokingly while chuckling at that.  I then hear you start talking about what could define as cool for a location to be. I can only just grin and wait for you to notice.

As i see the reaction i want i chuckle having a grin on my face at having gotten a good reaction out of you. Well i would define cool as beautiful views, or places that just look interesting. I tell you with a smile as i continue to follow you. Having a noticeable more pep in my step. Sorry for teasing you like this, but at least you're catching on now when i'm being playful or teasing Itzal. I say with a grin and pats your shoulder. As i hear you mention a treasure that catches my interest. Hmmmm that would be useful. So yeah lets go their. I say nodding with a grin on my face. I mean with your track record of finding chests, and getting good loot we should be good in that regard if we go their. I say happily.