Level: 13

HP: 260    Energy: 26

+2 damage

2 base damage

27 mitigation

+14 thorns

+2 paralyze

+1 Taunt

+1 recovery  (+1 energy on a CD roll of 6+)

Equipped items:

Revial: (damagex2, Paralyzex1) ( one handed curved sword)

Ruby Armor: (thorns x2, Recoveryx1) (heavy armor)

Twilight Shadow: (paralyzex2, tauntx1)

Kuro: (27 mitigation) (tier 1 protection familiar)

Skills:

Rank 2 curved Sword. (+2 damage)

Rank 1 combat aid.

I have a smile on my face as i head throughout the town of Urbus. having just completed the quest Let Their Be Light i feel like i am on a moral high note. I traverse the town as i pause near the center of it as i look through trying to find some very tall mountain so i can start climbing that for the Breaking the Unbreakable questline. My familiar laying on the ground as soon as i take a small break in walking. The young lion with his snow white fur resting along the cobblestone road that the town of urbus has. The young familiar stretching out his wings that are as black as the night sky. Come on Kuro it shouldn't be this hard. It's a giant mountain it shouldn't be this hard to find it. I say with a grumble as i start to walk along again as Kuro my familiar reluctantly gets up from his position on the ground to follow his owner who is walking without even looking where i am going. I can only wonder how other people i know are doing. if Itzal is doing alright at his shop, or whatever he is doing to help out the lower players, or if Lucoa has found her daughter Fae. I then pause and realize i don't know many people in actuality. Just a small handful that i can call friends. While other like Vigilon and Spencer i could call passing acquaintances since i haven't spoken to them ever since that time in the meadows.

@Havok

Edited by Hestia
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taro hefted his spear, just taking time to enjoy and savor the balanced weight and feel in his hands. There was something magical about this place, where even with the threat of death hanging over them, small details like this helped contribute to the fantasy each of the original 10,000 had so eagerly signed up to participate in. Of course, when there was a silver lining whenever one went looking and this was no different. Domarus had been enough to help him through the first beginner quest, but things had proven too be a hair easier than Taro had expected. Thus he had reached out to a few people he knew that suggested he head to the middle of town. Someone might be able to meet up with him there, and party up.

So it was not too long until a young lady made her way, complete with a familiar - a young snow lion by the looks of it. She was invariably stronger than he, and if she was willing, she would be a perfect partner. However, anxiety gripped him strongly and he could barely utter a grunt, let alone talk. Maybe this was a bad idea? He could probably do this by himself....he could, right? No need to trouble someone else. 

Noticing a man standing by himself in what looks like battle ready gear, and even a weapon makes me raise a eyebrow at seeing such a thing. I make my way over to this person with my familiar by my side. Wearing my armor, and having my weapon sheathed in a scabbard at my hip, and not having my shield equipped at the moment. So what brings you to the town of Urbus? I ask you curiously as i see that the emblem above your head that i can see is green which brings me relief for the moment that this doesn't seem to be a ploy of some kind by player killers. I mean it is the second floor so i can assume you're looking for a shop or some quest to do. My name is Hestia by the way. I say in a kind tone when greeting you. My familiar on the other hand is seemingly just staring you down with this blank look on his face.

So are you new to this floor, or do you know your way around? I ask as i inspect your armor out of curiosity of its design, and to maybe get a hint to what type of fighting you do, and what kind of enhancements could be on it. If it is a armor that has been forged by a blacksmith to begin with, or if it is one of those beginner armor sets.

Taro's fears were quickly punched and thrown out of the window. This woman seemed to be hellbent on eliminating any anxious feeling he had and broke the ice quickly enough. She was focused on his gear, overly curious in all the right ways, and Taro could only chuckle. Well, if a friendly soul came in this form, who was he to disagree. Putting a hand out to stop some of the questions, or at least prompt a moment of reprieve, he smiled as he ignored the overly unthrilled familiar.

"Aye,  I am new enough. I just...well, I just really started branching out here. I was working at a cafe and helped keep everyone comfortable in the starting area, but it has been far too long. I could no longer stand by as people push their way up and through floors. They risk their lives everyday, and I was content to just serve them tea and coffee, you know?"

He paused a moment when he realized he had just blurted out everything and given no real substance. This woman was kind enough to help him out it seemed, and he just blabbed on and on. "I apologize...but yes, a quest brought me out here. I had just picked it up actually..what was it called...ah here it is! 'Long Live the Queen'. A friend said it should not be too hard, so figured I would give it a chance."

It could not be that hard...right?

@Hestia

Edited by Havok

Long Live the Queen? I say as i then nod my head. Ohhhhhh yeaahhh. That thing. I grumble out remembering my personal experience with that and grins. How would you like some help. I am a support character who can heal up some damage, and deal it out at the same time. Sadly most of my damage has been coming from my thorns but it is good enough to have last me quite a few quests. So, what do you say. Want me joining you on that. I ask cheerfully with a grin and adds on a bit afterwards. By the way you do know it is rude to not give your name when someone offers their. Right? I ask a bit playfully as i look at you.

I then nod my head as i viewed your armor seeing that you got basic weapon, and armor, but the pauldron seems like it was actually forged by a blacksmith. I nod my head and can tell you are most likely relatively new. So who forged that Pauldron? I ask you curiously You don't really see them on basic armor such as this. I say and taps your vanity armor to emphasize my point of what i am saying as i look up at you. Now noticing the height difference of my five foot eight inches. To what is obviously above six feet when it comes to your height.

My familiar Kuro stops staring you down after noticing your speaking and actions as he seems to relax and has this calm look on his face as he continues to look around at things around the two of us. Not paying you any mind now. 

"Oh I am sorry! My name is Havok. I know it is kind of edgy, but it's been name throughout other games I have tried out in the past. I mean, I have done a lot of mobile games and done well with them. I was even top 100 in a couple where you captured monsters and fought with them!"

It was apparent that Taro was prone to blab on and on regarding anything for caught his fancy. He was a geek and a nerd, and it showed so often when he spoke. But the question that got his attention the most was about his armor. It indeed was a special piece.

"Aye, it was a stock piece on display in a shop I went too in floor one. It belongs to Macradon! It cost me a lot of my starting money, but it seemed worth it. It gives me a lot mitigation compared to most people my level and helps boost my momentum when I miss. I hope between your healing and my armor, we shouldn't have much issue if at all. I actually do surprising damage based on what others have told me, but haven't tried it out yet! So we will see I think. Anyways thank you so much!"

He was so eager to get on their way. His first steps started today.

I chuckle having a smile on my face as i nod my head. Not minding the edginess of the name just finding it to be that. Just another name that a person has to potentially become friends with. Well Havok don't worry about it being edgy or whatever it's a nice name and if you consider going for a DPS build of any. I think the name would make the fact that you will hit hard all the much better. The name will sound strong and frightening to all who would mess with you. I say in a encouraging tone. Not wishing for you to feel ashamed of that name in anyway. I then hear that you have macradon and nods my head having a smile. Knowing that man is a good one to go to. Same here havok. My armor and blade were forged by the fires of his shop. Because of Macradon i got my gear with enhancements. Even had a nice conversation with him beforehand on what could be better or not for the support build i am going for. However, i have noticed for what i have planed out for myself the only support type thing i do is make monsters want to hit me more then my allies, and have the ability to heal. I say with a chuckle. Not really considering that all that special since my image of support is doing debuffs, and such as much as i could. However, from what i understand that would take up my combat aid mod slots when i think having that twenty percent healing for all party members would be the most useful for everyone.

Well then lead the way Havok we have a queen to find and murder, and you're the one with the quest. Oh,speaking of that send me a party invite, and a friend invite. I say in a cheerful manner as i look up towards you. I mean being the in the same party would be useful for the quest, and well you can never have to many friends out here who would be willing to risk their life for you. I say in a gentle tone with a smile on my face. Knowing the first step to staying sane in this game, and keeping a stable head is to have others out their who are willing to help you from doing anything overly stupid. Kuro looks between the two of us as we walk in the general direction of where the quest is going to be.

Taro nodded quickly to himself as he watched his new partner. She seemed competent and was definitely a high enough level. It was not that she was schlepping down here with him, but she was one of the kind souls who were willing to enable others. He had known so many of them over the years, and they really were worth their weight in gold. There had been Amee, there had been Katrina, and so many others. Each had given of their time and their energy to enable the rogues, the rangers, the mages - all of those flashy classes and characters obsessed with damage numbers. And Hestia here, she seemed to give off the same aura. Dependable, and more than capable of making the group that much more effective.

Nodding to her, he added her as she requested. It was still a nervous step for newer players like him, opening himself up, but he needed the help to get where he wanted to go. A friend quest quickly followed the party one. Again healers were so precious, he could ill afford to overlook the opportunity to party up with one long term. "Indeed Hestia! Thank you again, and Kuro seems to have warmed up to me. I hope to eventually find a familiar myself, but first steps first, you know? Alright, so if I am reading it correctly - we head out towards that big tree and into the fields. So, off we go!"

With little more fanfare, Taro nodded and began walking. It was most definitely time to get moving. He had to kill this wasp bitch quickly. 

I quickly accept the party invite and then the friend one. With a grin on my face happy to have another friend i can count on in this world, and hopefully one i can interact with and not just end up rarely talking to them. I nod my head towards your question as i follow you. Yep! that is where you go, and hopefully my luck for this will be better then what it was last time. I mean i was no where near death, but like many of my fights with field bosses apparently missing can be a staple between me and those monsters. I say with a chuckle as i quickly plan in my head things that can be done to kill this wind wasp quickly. I then register the part where you mentioned Kuro as he just turns his head wanting to deny the statement. Oh don't worry about Kuro. He is himself. Wanting to be the cool lion, and trying to hide his true feelings and he might've not been that receptive of you since you were a stranger. While he can appear aloof he seems to have this protective side to him which makes sense since he is a protection familiar. I say with a chuckle.

So Havok how do you want to do this? You go in first for the strike, or i go in and attack first since i have the most health, and have my thorns to damage it if it doesn't crit me? i ask you as we walk towards the giant tree in the fields to begin killing this field boss with relative ease i could imagine. Much faster then i did at least since i have someone that can do more damage then i can with attacks.

Taro rubbed his eyes while doing math in his head. There was a few ways they could do it, and if she was indeed willing to be the meat shield or needle sponge as it was...

"Alright Hestia, let us go with this. You most definitely have the most health heh, and your thorns should be actually quite able of killing it after a few hits by itself. However...I have a plan. Rather I would have had a plan if I was even level three, but I am not. I hate how this system was designed. You cannot even use the entirety of a rank 1 skill at level 1. Why make things available or 'unlocked' if you are going to gateway them through resource allocation. I cannot even use my third attack until level 3! Why even...never mind."

He had been muttering the entire time they were walking to the tree. In fact he had actually lost track of their pace, and as he said the final words, he was standing almost adjacent to the trunk. They were there, and needed a plan quicker than not. "As much as it pains me to admit this being the best plan, yes if you can draw it's attention, I would be grateful. My attacks will be slow recharging, so you can draw it's attention long enough to deal some reciprocal damage through your thorns, it would probably easiest while I whack away. Admittedly, if we can get a few hits on you and a couple of my attacks to land, this should be over quicker than not."

I nod my head with a grin as i give a thumbs up as i take out my sword and quickly equips my shield. My sword being made of black oxidized metal with the design of the sword being a one-handed curved sword. The area where i am holding the blade having purple cloth as it has a hand guard also. My shield having black, and silver metal and the symbols of a sun and moon on it. Consider me your meat shield Havok, and don't worry about feeling guilty about this. The build i have in mind is all about this to take the hits and deal them out just as badly through unmitigated damage. I say with a grin as you can start hearing a loud buzzing sound as the wind wasp queen starts to approach us. The queen wasp bursts from a nearby line of trees as it stands in front of us. I grin as i hold my blade ready to begin the kill on this thing. As the boss comes within view and its health fills up i quickly run at it without wasting a second i swing my blade at the queen going for a vertical cut from top down as i quickly dodges the attack. As i then swing three more times twice horizontal and once diagonal. The wind wasp queen dodging every strike. You have to be just as annoying the second time around! I say as i glare up at the queen as she tries to jab me in the face as i easily side step the attack.

#89835   BD: 4    MD: 1 CD: 6 (+1 energy do to recover)  Bear Knock miss (-4+1=energy -3)

Hestia: 280/280   Energy: 25/28

Wind Wasp queen: 50/50 (does 20 damage if it lands a attack)

Havok: 20/20  Energy: 2/2

Edited by Hestia

Taro nodded as Hestia marched in. She was certainly brave, though it was apparent she could handle it. He watched her move, equipping her sword and shield, a classic motif in the workings. She favored black and silver he saw, with lunar and solar etchings. Her movements were practiced, confident, but it was the first time he saw one of those sword arts used in practice. Which was a shame, as her move whiffed. It likely could have done some serious damage, but with the expenditure, he saw her energy fall. It was at that point that he was reminded of his paltry 2 energy. 

Basic attacks it was, for now. They were in effect energy neutral, and if he needed to, he could employ Heft at any point. Still, it was time to get moving. Moving around the target, Taro lifted his spear and moved to give a powerful strike. Of course, all great intentions never meant anything if a person failed at the task at hand. And, by the gods, he missed horribly. There was always a silver lining though, and this was no different. Taro's pauldrons hummed angrily, as one of their enhancements kicked in. Heavy Momentum had been activated. 

ID# 89837, BD: 2

Hestia: 280/280   Energy: 25/28

Wind Wasp queen: 50/50 (does 20 damage if it lands a attack)

Havok 20/20, Energy: 1/2

Edited by Havok

I see Havok move in towards attacking the Wind Wasp Queen as the queen noticed the attacking coming and moves out of the way as i move in towards the queen myself now again trying to land this cursed sword skill that seems to bring me much more fails then successes. However, i just can't seem to not want to take the gamble in hopes of landing a attack. Just something to hurt this queen myself. I quickly activate my sword skill and moves in again as the queen flies over you as i try to strike it having to jump over you during my four strikes that this sword skill allows as the queen dodges them all as she tries to jab me in the air. I quickly retaliate with my shield letting her hit that to push me back away from her. Okay she seems smarter then the last one. I quickly think back to my battle with the last one. Havok! try to slowly force her to dodge towards the trees, or push her towards their! i call out towards you remembering my last fight when i did that with the queen i seemed to have more success in my attacks.

#89839  BD: 1  CD: 6 (+1 energy do to recovery)  MD:1 

Hestia: 280/280  Energy: 22/28

Wind wasp: 50/50  (does 20 damage if it lands a attack)

Havok: 20/20   Energy: 2/2

Taro nodded and followed the woman's instructions. He moved back, kiting the thing adeptly. While it's attention was definitely geared on Hestia, there was little doubt that Taro was about to earn it's attention if he could get a hit in. "I understand. I see where you are going with this. However, that is all going to be mute if no one is able to land a hit, her included. So, here we go!" Launching himself, Taro activated his sword skill Heft. It was a horizontal attack across the body of the wasp, the tip of the spear - a standard looking spear that been made with heftier materials - would drag along it if he could get the attack to land. Now was the time to force things. 

And force things did Taro do. With a flourish, his spear landed squarely on an upper joint and dragged down across the torso. It was not a critical hit, hell it was just a 'basic' success hit, but the damn wasp was madder than hell or...a wasp. Nearly a third of it's health had been chunked off with one attack, and it most definitely was going to be out for revenge. So began the game.

ID# 89843 results:
Battle: 6, Damage: [ 6 Base + 1 Heavy Mom] x 2 from Sword Art Heft for 14 total damage.

Hestia: 280/280  Energy: 22/28

Wind wasp: 36/50  (does 20 damage if it lands a attack)

Havok: 20/20   Energy: 0/2, Hate:1

Edited by Havok

i whistle impressed by the strike as i see you land the hit and smack it hard with that attack. I quickly move in to assist in attacking as i quickly go in with another bear Knock wanting to believe in this attack actually hitting this wasp at some point. However it quickly backs away from them seeming to have sensed it last moment and dodge. As it dodged the last of my attack the Wind Wasp Queen goes to sting you right in the face with its stinger wanting to repay you for the damage you did to it. However it misses just by a inch. I watch the attack miss and lets out a breathe of relief since i would hate for that to actually land. My worry of a player dying on my watch being very high on things to fear.

#89845  BD: 5  CD: 12 (+1 energy do to recovery)  MD: 5

Hestia: 280/280  Energy: 19/28

Havok: 20/20   Energy: 0/2

Edited by Hestia

Havok: 20/20   Energy: 1/2, Hate:1

Taro grinned, happy that things had begun to play out as he had secretly hoped. If the creature was focused on him, it would become a game to see who can down the other faster. Not that Hestia was offering much in the way of damage, but she was there to also heal him if he needed it. And he would likely begin to need it shortly. Turning his attention the creature, he was barely able to dodge a rogue limb as it made a desperate stab. The creature was definitely, definitely focused on him now, and it would only get worse if he continued to damage it. So be it. 

Launching an attack, Taro grinned broadly as he felt solid contact. Success! "I do not know if my luck will continue to hold, but hey, at least we have taken the thing down by like 40% of it's health! Let's keep going Hestia! I feel like we can rush this down if we try together! Believe in yourself." He smiled as he braced himself for a counter attack. But so far, it was worth it. Oh it definitely was worth it.

ID# 89847 results:

Battle: 6, Damage: 6 Base from basic attack

Wind wasp: 30/50  (does 20 damage if it lands a attack)

Havok: 20/20   Energy: 0/2, Hate: 2

Edited by Havok

Believe in myself huh! Well Havok watch how a goddess rocks the stage! i call out to you with a grin as i charge towards the Wasp Queen as i twirl my stage. Hey Queen taste steel forged by the power of us players! I say with a grin letting out a more silly side of myself.  A side that doesn't mind being more on vocalizing thoughts that idly pass through my mind. I quickly start slicing up the queen with my sword tearing up its abdomen and body as i finish my attack the queen is staring at me and stings my armor as i grunt as i see it not get damaged. That hurt you royal pain in my back. I say just loud enough for you to hear me as i get away from its stinger feeling proud of landing that attack finally. I turn around to face the Wasp queen with a grin. Pay back for last time where you dodged all those times. I say excitedly to get some revenge on this thing. The queen just flying weakly as it is on its bit of health. Its health in the red.

#89848   BD: 9   CD: 7   MD: 9    Bear Knock: 1(base) +2(ranks) +2(enhancements) +1 (crit) x4=24    Queen: 20+1-27=1(minimum)

[H:2] Hestia: 279/280 Energy; 16/28

Wind Wasp Queen: 6/50

[H:2] Havok: 20/20  Energy: 0/2

Taro pumped a fist as he watched Hestia get pumped up and attacked. She was feeling the energy and seemed to be enjoying herself. So much so that she launched into her attack and not only hit, she just about cleaved the thing in two. Her sword's movements were exceptional and just about made Taro cry. Each of her four blows landed in quick succession, each hit seemingly to ramp up with damage. Finally she finished her maneuver, and Taro saw what exactly a critical success looked like. Hestia had left the creature limp in the wind, ripe for Taro to finish. 

However, fate had different ideas as he grunted and his attack went wide. A now all too familiar sound hummed as Heavy Momentum came into play again. It was not a wonderful feeling, but at least Taro knew he would clip the little bugger's last wings if he could hit. And oh how he wanted to hit.

ID# 89850 results: Battle: 3

[H:2] Hestia: 279/280 Energy; 16/28

Edited by Havok

I see you miss and nods in understanding knowing that feeling oh to much of missing a enemy who can't move at all as i go in to strike it with a different skill. I run towards the downed queen and jumps up and tries to slice it however i miss the giant Queen who then gets movement and slowly starts to back away from us. The queen however not running do to her programing of having to fight us to the death. Well Havok it is your quest. Kill the thing alright. I want to see this thing shatter into nothing before my eyes. I say with a small grin on my face as i turn to face you. I mean i am sure we are both getting tired of seeing this wasp here getting in our way of completing this quest.

#89851  BD: 3   MD: 3 (was paralyzed)

[H:2] Hestia: 279/280 Energy; 14/28

Havok nodded and smiled at her words. Ya, it was time to drop the queen. And yet, as was the case almost every last time, Taro heard a familiar hum. He knew exactly what it meant. Again, AGAIN! Heavy Momentum activated as his swing missed far left. It was just...it was terrible. He could not hit the broadside of a barn, and yet, he knew he should have been able to end the damn thing's life with just a single hit. One single bleeping hit would have put this thing in the grave, and yet, like an idiot, he was swinging around damn near blind. That is what it felt like, but he knew one of them would eventually down the thing.

He also knew he needed an accuracy enhancement sooner than later. Desperately, he needed it desparetely. He could not put up with this feeling of whiffing over and over and over. He wanted that satisfaction of a crunching blow. Desperately, he needed it. 

ID# 89850 results: Battle: 1

[H:2] Hestia: 279/280 Energy; 14/28