[F2-PP] A unexpected meeting <<Long Live the Queen>>

I wince a bit at seeing the far left miss myself as i can only again nod in sympathy of that his things working. The queen Bee having aided in that miss by dodging the attack. Although very slowly did aid in your miss. With the queens back turns to me with the queen aiming to piece your i quickly move in and slashes along the queen with a strike from one of my lower end skills. I grin as the queen turns into millions of crystals signaling her end. With the queen's death i smile as i get the matriarch's stinger. While you get the reward for the completion of this quest. Skill points, and the stinger. I turn to you and breaths a sigh of relief. Seems like you escaped this battle without being hit Havok. That is pretty good. I say nodding happily with a smile. Furthermore, you also knocked that queen down by so much health! We should totally team up more! I say excitedly with a grin as i snap my fingers. I know you are a new player in terms of getting out and about in this world, so do you need a place to sleep at all? I ask you curiously knowing that lodging can be a issue for many. The thought of that making me frown remembering little Fae and how she supposedly only slept on benches from floor to floor. Cause if you do tomorrow i'm building my shop. So i of course am going to build rooms inside of it. Two of them in fact. One being mine and the other a guest bedroom. To house any players i find that could need a actual warm build to sleep in. I offer with a kind smile.

#89854  BD: 6   MD: 10 (killed doesn't go through)   Damage: 5x2=10

[H:4] Hestia: 279/280 Energy; 12/28

Wind Wasp Queen: 0/50

[H:2] Havok: 20/20  Energy: 0/2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taro grinned broadly as Hestia moved in and finished the thing off. Her attacks were efficient even for her more defensive build, and he was definitely glad he had the chance to fight along side her. She had been more than willing to put herself on the line for him, and he had been able to succeed because of her. She had done a lion's share of the heavy lifting...well actually when he had the chance to crunch the numbers after the fact, it was closer than he had anticipated, with him having done 40% of the damage and her finishing the thing off with a majority of the damage. He could only be jealous, she was level 13 after all and further along in the game than he was. But that said, if his math was correct, he had a nice reward waiting that should boost him by like three levels. That would definitely go a long way in helping him get stronger. 

He just hoped Hestia would get something in the near future to help her out. She had been far too kind. "Hey Hestia, I appreciate the offer. I would definitely like to party up some more! But, I am good on the housing, thank you again for the offer. I should get a pla- wait what is that?" Trudging past her, somewhat rudely but excusably, Taro spotted something in the tree trunk. Lodged in a notch, a glimmer caught his attention. "I...I found a chest!"

ID# 89855 results: Loot: 17

[H:4] Hestia: 279/280 Energy; 12/28

Wind Wasp Queen: 0/50

[H:2] Havok: 20/20  Energy: 1/2

A chest really?! I say excitedly as i make my way over and helps you get the chest out of the tree trunk as it falls to the ground i take a deep breathe to calm myself and then takes my sword out and hopes to force the thing open like i did last time. Eventually i jam my sword deep enough in to force the chest open and when it does we get a grey text box that tells us the loot that was within the chest. After seeing the result i look to you. Well what do you want from here? Cause all i know that i want for sure is the materials. I am fine with you taking anything else. I say kindly to you with a smile. You seeming like a really nice person so i want to help you get a good head start on things.

LD: 1=  2x75=150 COL, 2 tier 1 materials, 2 uncommon consumables.

Taro just watched. It was not that he had no idea what to do, though it was true, but it was more like Hestia was on a mission. She seemed to know exactly...no, maybe not exactly, but she had a fair idea what to do. Hell, she lodged her sword in the chest after trying to open the damn thing. And after some finagling, she was able to prop the thing up. While he hoped for some legendary weapon, or something equally valuable, he smiled as he saw the results. Some materials, some potions, and some col - these were the hidden things they had tried to force open. Well, such was life, and again Hestia proved his original views of her. Her offer was incredibly generous, and Taro was in no way position to turn it down. 

"Sounds more than fair, thank you so much. I can definitely put the COL and consumables to good use. Thank you!"

i nod as i get all the items and sends the COL, and Potions your way through trade. Once you accept i then nod my head with a grin as i leave the party. Well unless you got anymore quests you want to do Havok. I think i need to make my way up a very tall mountain and begin punching a boulder over...and over...and over. I shiver a bit at the thought of how much that is going to hurt till i don't even notice it. I was actually going to head over and do that quest till you came along, and i decided to help a fellow player out on getting started with the quest to being strong. I say kindly with a grin on my face. Knowing that this meeting was for the best since i helped you up, made a new friend, got revenge on the wasp queen, and get a clear idea in my mind to my own build.

"So actually, was hoping you might be able the theorycraft with me some?" Taro moved to lean near the tree and before moving to sit for a moment, replaying the fight over in his head. They had done an excellent job with some luck going both ways: when the enemy swung at the two of them and when they had scored some huge, nasty hits. In fact, it was his first real fight, and he had already seen a critical hit. But he needed to push forward and truly get a grasp of the system if he wanted to learn the ins and outs of the game. If he wanted to not only do well, but truly live. 

Because the sad fact was his survival was directly tied to how well he could fight. How well he could game. "You had said your gear was forged by Macradon, do you think he might be able to lend some pointers? And I would certainly take any suggestions you might have hidden away."

Macradon? i don't know if he would be able to give pointers or not Havok, but i know he would be willing to talk over what enhancements would be best for the build you are going for. I say with a nod of my head knowing that much at least. And suggestions what kind are you looking for? skills, enhancements, profession, what? I ask curiously as i look towards you as i lean against a tree and looks towards you staying standing as i think for a bit as i open up my menu and equips a vanity t-shirt, and long pants. The color of the two items being black. My familiar Kuro lays on the ground near myself taking a small little nap from what you can tell as the familiar has his eyes closed with his head on his paws. I look towards you and awaits my answer since knowing what you mean by tips can change how i may answer.

Edited by Hestia

"Truthfully? Anything really? I could use some pointers if you know any tricks or stuff. I mean, I understand basic leveling and that, but is a two handed spear what a lot of people are using at high levels? Do the front liners use heavy armor? Or do they prefer light armor? What enhancements should I be looking at? I thought I had a good idea, but I am no longer sure. Your build, while different than mine, probably is more efficient I would think? Shield and heavy armor with Kuro here...you do not take a lot of damage I bet."

Taro looked off for a moment, crunching the numbers. Had he underestimated the capacity for a pure tank or support battle. No...right? But until he had seen Hestia in action, he might have scratched his head some. She had a way of looking at things differently than he, and likely, she had some pointers he could learn from. Of that he was definitely sure. It would be fun to see what she came up with. 

I don't know much what people are using up in the frontlines. While it currently is my dreams to chase after their coattails while stuck being solo i will eventually hit a wall that i can't surpass unless i just put the enemies into a grinder in hopes of getting stronger. I do know the frontlines seem to be a mix of light armor, and heavy though. With two in favor of heavy, and one in light armor. That is all i have seen from in terms of frontline people. Macradon, and a guy named Jonathan being the heavy armor, and my friend Itzal wearing the light armor. I inform you giving the information you think would be to your advantage.  If you are going for a pure DPS focus on that solely. Make it so that when you hit something it will feel that pain, and trust in your tank or support to be able to take the heat off of you. If you go DPS focus on increasing your damage to crazy amounts. Heavy momentum, and damage which you seem to understand are needed are your tools to do so. I say with a grin having noticed those enhancements being in play when you fought the queen.

In terms of skills i say get some heavy armor if you want to increase your mitigation through that, and get the mod on the end which can increase your health pool, or their is one that can increase your damage by one i think. I say as i tap my chin as i say that. Not entirely sure but their is that. Then of course get your spear up to maximum rank with a damage mod if you want that heavy momentum enhancement thing that increases your damage if you miss. I say to you seriously as i start rattling off things and going a bit on a tangent of possible routes you could go. Hmmmm their is also the familiar you can get. If you get a combat familiar you can focus on giving your spear different enhancements to do other affects, or you could go for accuracy so you can hit more, but that then conflicts with Heavy momentum so that is a no go then if you choose that. Which could leave you the protection familiar like my Kuro is. Allowing you mitigation without having to waste a armor enhancement slot on it. I say to you.

"There does seem to be so much to go through, you know? Like obviously I do not want to die, so mitigation and heavy armor seems to be a likely choice. However, someone had mentioned the evasion enhancement for light armor and whether not that would be good. Stacking that up as a three slot enhancement could be wickedly effective when you work in some mitigation too. Which of course would take out my heavy momentum build, but this is why I am just kind of on the fences of what to do. I ultimately want to almost off-tank, if that is a valid strategy or role in this current environment."

Taro tapped his chin as he thought this thing over. He was still early enough into the game that his armor could be reforged, but what did he really want? To feel that Dragoon thematic play out...or did aesthetics not matter. 

Well if you want to become the most difficult person to fight against ever. Go with that defense familiar. use the mitigation you get from it to survive, and then put some evasion on one of your pieces of armor that way you can dodge easier, and then you can use the other piece for anything else, and if you want to become difficult to kill you can use that other armor for something like health regen. That will make you harder to kill since you will be healing more then your enemy hits you within theory.While your spear will have to have those damage enhancements, and you can add onto your other armor piece that heavy momentum enhancement to keep that going if it is a armor enhancement, if not then remove one damage slot for heavy momentum on the spear. I don't particularly know if evasion is strictly limited to light armor, but if it is just create a light armor piece on your armor be it a helmet, or gauntlets, or something that can function as that so you can have that evasion on it if it is strictly light armor only. I suggest to you helping you brainstorm some ideas on what you could do.

"Aye, I think evasion is strictly a light armor enhancement sadly. It would be so awesome on heavy armor, but if I recall correctly talking to an NPC blacksmith...heavy armor actually gives a negative evasion stat to boot. But I do not think I am wrong about that sadly. It would be cool, but the aesthetics do not match up." Taro completely zoned out as he kept mumbling, ignoring the fact his party member had swapped out into something casual. His armor, vanity mostly except the shoulders, was bulky. It definitely made him stand out, almost humorously against Hestia. 

"I just figure I need to prioritize my armor and gear around a few things. More specifically, I am wondering if I should look at getting multiple gear so I can diversify depending on what is needed. I am curious about things. I need to talk to Macradon about a couple build paths I guess." He looked off again as he ran the numbers in his head. He needed to prioritize his weapon and new armor. Some new enhancements would be in order. 

Well if you're going for evasion enhancements their is none for armor unless you're talking about their increased Ranks. Cause then yes light armor does have that capability to gain a mod that increases your evasion. However, in terms of enhancements for armor like damage, bleed, and paralyze their is no enhancement for increasing your evasion. Accuracy yes, but no evasion. Their is a evasion increase enhancement if you want to go to a Artisan and request a trinket, or jewelry from them that can have that enhancement instead. So you could get that if you want that evasion while still keeping the armor of your choosing for what you want to go down. Be it Heavy armor for the extra protection in terms of mitigation and health it can give you, or go down the path of light armor and get that mod that increases your evasion. I tell you.

For your two handed spear. I say stick with that, and go with Damage on that weapon if you do want to be DPS. Since if you are going the light armor path you won't be the best at having that nice tank/DPS highbred you talked about. I inform you knowing that you want that, but i just don't see it working with light armor. and i don't think you can get any enhancements on light armor since from what i understand of armor enhancements they are all made for heavy armor. I say unsure of the fact, but from my understanding that is what i know.

Taro scratched at his chin. It was a human thing to do in a world that did not need it. yet he found himself doing these little things regardless. How many times had he rubbed his eyes, scratched at the scar, or just thought he had real dust in his eyes. This was all fake, yet, it undeniably felt real. The heart ache, the pain from falls, the joy when he laughed - it was all...natural, all real. How the creator of this technology and game had achieved it was damn near black magic, and yet had it not been for this game, it would have been wonderful and majestic. All the scenery was top notch, the design of the game was glorious, but instead of being able to laud it's potential and beauty, it had been turned into something far, far worse. It had been made into a death game with no real end. Over two years in this hell, and the group had barely cracked level 20. 

"You know, I think I will stick with my original build, or intentions. Go with heavy armor. Might play with some keen on my weapons."

I nod my head knowing your decision is the one that makes that one or not. Just only able to give you tips on things you could do. Your decision Havok at least you know what to drop from your armor. That Heavy Momentum won't do you any good with having Keen on it. I say with a smile on my face as i gesture back towards town. Want to go back Havok. Find a place to relax, and maybe plan on the next quest we could if you would be up for going with me. I could be like your mentor for the time being. Take you on quests, and help you get stronger, and such. I offer with a smile. As i look towards you. Kuro slowly gets up knowing i most likely will head back towards town one way or the other soon enough. The young familiar knowing me very well.

Taro nodded to both himself and her. She was incredibly helpful, competent, and complimented his style quite well. Yeah, he could use the experienced voice to help him navigate through things. Finally realizing she had changed clothes, he grinned sheepishly and followed suit. His black shirt and blue jeans almost matched hers. "I would sincerely appreciate that Hestia. I had a couple quests in mind, but they all seemed geared at either larger groups or higher leveled players. I just cannot help but feel I am slightly over geared once I get the full gear from Macradon. I am blessed to be given such help by those who fought for us, but I do not know. I just feel like I should have earned more."

Nodding back towards town, he smiled and stood up, brushing his pants off. "But ya, we should head back into town and maybe get something to eat. I know I really am not, but I am desperately hungry. I could use some good coffee too. But ya, let's go."

Then lets go for a coffee. Get some caffeine running in our veins. I say with a grin as i start walking back to town beside you with my hands in my pockets. So Havok send me a message when you get your full gear from Macradon. That way we can start taking on these quests with ease, and so i know when you are fully prepared to start killing sand sharks, and once you are a bit stronger. We can take on that butcher of the sand that seems to be actually a bit difficult.  I say with a smile on my face as i think for a bit, and nods my head having a change in my build planned in my head. Deciding to go down the Paladin route even more so then what i planned. So for your build Havok what would you call it now? DPS, Tank? or still the mix of the two? I ask you curiously wondering what your final verdict of that was. As we walk through the forest we eventually get ourselves onto one of the main paths through the floor that leads back to Urbas that i start to walk down with you. Kuro just flying besides me as i give the familiar a pet on the head that he seems begrudgingly accepting of, but he doesn't move away even though he seems to be disliking it.

"I can do that. Though I think, I may have to purchase the gear in two different batches. Refine my armor to include things so I can rotate between them. I am not sure though." Taro smirked some as he watched. Kuro seemed to be a fickle little fellow, but it was apparent he loved his mother in every sense of the word. Much like loyal dogs or similar animals, the familiar seemed to be hardwired to protect and to love their owners. The game creator may have been a twisted freak when it came to morality and the unethical studies of human behavior, but when it came to those kinds of details, he was a damn genius. The animals were uncanny with their reactions.

Which begged the question: had the game design build thoroughly researched all this, or did they glean the information from the participants? Was a consensus formed by the majority...or rather the majority during maybe the beta? Or had this all been programmed in as meta data at an earlier point. Who knew...

"I think I will stick to DPS if we're partying together. No need to overlap specialties and all."

I nod with a grin on my face hearing that we will be partying together more in the future. Knowing that quests that would be impossible just became possible within my eyes. Havok. I hope you know you signed up for Hestia' training gurantee of no deaths. I say smiling on my face.Wanting to do all of these right now to help you get strong as fast as possible, so we both can rise up towards the frontliens rather quickly.  I will be putting you through as many quests as possible. All of them that i went through solo you will do alongside me. That way you got a semi-expert on the enemy, and more importantly someone who knows what to expect from the enemies. I say with a grin as i think. Actually speaking of that havok the next enemy that you could do is on this floor also. I say with a smile having a memory of the enemy. Do you know what a minotaur is. Cause if you do that is our next quest target. I am sure you can survive that thing with relative ease. Especially once you get your armor all done. I say cheerfully.

"Wha- what do you mean...I signed up for Hestia's training guarantee of no deaths? Is...this like a training program or is it just something I become? Is...there a charge? There has to be a charge." Taro smiled as he played dumb a little bit, exaggerating his speech and splaying his hands out. He was at his heart a playful man, even if the past few years he had become increasingly anti-social as his mother had gotten sicker and sicker. It was not her fault, or his even, but the situation had bred a little contempt and bitterness in him. It was why he had often been surly to his father when he called, asking how she was doing. Of course she was fine he would say, of course her medicine was taken. If his father had really cared that much, he would have come home too, but he had not. He had stayed behind in Washington, claiming he had to be there for "business". Which was bullshit, as he had not even gotten to a vice president position yet. He was just a projects manager who had a hand in acquisitions. It's not like he was a hugely integral piece in the cog negotiating final details. He was a paper pusher, who even leaned on his son for freelance work on occasion. 

"Minotaur...like the greek creature? No I don't, not at all."