[PP-F6] Guild Bonding (Jevi)

Spencer kept going back to the lever, thinking that it might have something to do with them escaping.this room. Spencer squatted down and looked at. There seemed to be a line going through the floor, which he realized was an edge to a piece of paper that was the same color as the floor. He picked it up slowly.

Pull at your own risk, traveler. The door will open, and a way there. But the dead are not as heavy sleepers as they might seem.

The note made him shiver softly, and he looked up. There didn't seem to be any dead bodies in the room, and what Jevi said about the cult dying here made him very uncomfortable. I mean.. there are no dead here, what's the worse that could happen. Okay don't think that, that means something will go wrong. He sighed and looked up. "Hey Jevi. This lever is suppose to be able to let us escape this room, but it says something about waking the dead. Since there are no bodies in here, I think it is safe to pull it. Just get close to the balcony just in case." 

At this moment the two of them were on opposite sides of the room, Jevi close to the exit and Spencer against the far wall. Spencer sighed, looked at Jevi, and pulled the lever. A ladder fell from the balcony and fell close to Jevi, a way to get up the stairs, but a loud rumbling could be heard. But, it was more than just one noise, 10 noises could be heard from the room. Spencer had no idea what it was, and didn't have much time to react. The 10 pews in the church area erupted open, with 10 dead bodies slowly coming up. "Oh F-" He couldn't finish his sentence because all of them turned to look at Spencer, their eyes gleaming red just like the Mummy's.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something seemed to catch Spencer's attention, which he soon revealed to be a lever of some sorts, a note laying nearby. He told Jevi that it could reveal a way out, but may wake up the dead. The woman bit her lip, really wishing that she wasn't correct with her assumption that this cult was somewhere buried in the pyramid along with the mummy. The lip she bit down on quivered as she thought about what to say, looking around the room frantically finding for another way out. When nothing jumped out at her, she reached behind her back, ripping Izunami from its holster and holding it at the ready, a confident, yet scared look on her face. "Do it." she said, her voice shaky. 

The loud sound of the level settling into its opposite position echoed off the walls of the room of worship, and a ladder that was suspended above Jevi crashed to the ground, creating a way for the two to exit. The woman's fears subsided, and were replaced with a grin. "Great find Sp-" the rumbling in the room cut her sentence short, as the aisles of pews cracked and opened like coffins. From the opened seats, rose multiple awoken corpses, their bodies decaying like the mummy's, yet their bodies not wrapped or adorned with ornate jewelry. 

Her eyes shot to the ladder, and then to spencer through the heads that turned to look at the boy who had woken them. She could see the fear in his eyes as they all began to stumble from their resting place in his direction. The woman shuddered as she clenched at her blade, she could have just escaped if she wanted to.. The old Alexandria would have.. but not this one. Taking in a sharp breath, the woman charged forward, holding her blade his aside her head. With a swift cut downwards, she knocked one of the undead to the ground, returning upwards with another slash to knock another two down, clearing a small enough space between her and Spencer. "Come on!" she shouted, reaching her hand forward to sandy haired boy. In the same moment, one of the undead corpses grabbed onto her shoulder and wrist, its rotten teeth sinking into the skin that was exposed on her forearm. Another clawed at the armor of her pauldron. The woman froze in fear for a moment, before gritting her teeth and activating her strongest Sword Art. Her stained-glass blade turned red as she span in place, knocking four of the zombies to the ground. "Lets go.. now!" the woman said, feeling the discomfort from the bite on her arm. As Jevi beckoned for Spencer to follow, the undead that she had knocked down slowly got back up, as if she had done no damage to them. It was then she noticed that these enemies did not have any health bars pop up as usual monsters did. She shouted back to Spencer with utter fear in her voice, "I don't want to die here!" tears forming in the corners of her eyes as she turned and rushed for the ladder, hoping Spencer was right behind her. "Quick! Head up there, I'll keep them off of us in the meantime." 

Spencer gripped the hilt of his mace, expecting this to be a fight that he might not win. He looked at the undead, then at Jevi. He looked at her with fear in his eyes, but the woman wasn't going to leave him like that. She charged forward and started to clear a path for Spencer to run through. A brief moment of fear and hesitation went through his body before he charged forward pulling his mace out. He also got his shield out. His shield was something he hadn't used recently, no one knew that he was a shield user. He charged forward and bashed one of the undead to the ground, surprising himself when he was able to knock them down. 

He looked at Jevi, who told him to get up the ladder while she started to fight them back. Spencer wanted to argue with her, telling her that she already had been attacked a lot and that she should go first, but the undead weren't giving them an option to argue. Spencer bashed another undead with his shield, sending it spiraling into another one, then he turned and start to climb the ladder. After a brief moment, he got to the balcony, and looked down. There seemed to be more than there were when they emerged, like they wouldn't stop coming. Spencer bit his lip and looked up at the balcony, the only source of light was a oil lamp, on top of a barrel. Spencer's mouth quirked into a small smile and he rolled the barrel forward, popping the cork off as a black powder poured from it. "Gunpowder!' He said to himself excitedly. 

He used his shield to roll the large barrel off the balcony, slamming down on top of an undead that was getting dangerously close to Jevi. "Get up! I have fire and gunpowder, I don't think they will be getting up anytime soon from that!" With one hand he had the lantern, and the other he was holding out towards Jevi to help pull her up the ladder quicker.

Jevi did not bother to look at Spencer, who considered arguing against her for a moment about who should go first. However, logic seemed to take over as he scurried up the ladder. Without focusing on who to hit, Jevi's blade began to swing in front of her, knocking back as many as she could. Her arm moved in a figure eight without falters, just cutting as hard as she could, hoping eventually one of the corpses would not get back up. Her prayers seemed to be answered, when a giant barrel came crashing down beside her, pinning one of the zombies to the ground. That was when she heard Spencer call up from above her, saying that he had gun powder. With a quick nod, Jevi turned and grabbed onto the ladder and began to climb, until another zombie grabbed at the wrist holding her sword. The woman yelped in fear, trying to shake the monster free, the others closing in on her position. She bore her teeth, a tear falling down her cheek, "I'm sorry Opal." she said to herself as she released her hand, letting Izunami fall to the ground, the weapon quickly being snapped in half from the weight of the undead trampling it. Reaching the hand up, she grabbed Spencer's, which she used to moved faster up to the balcony. Her body hit the platform and shuffled back, away from the edge, panting. "That was.. too close." She then looked to Spencer, who held the lantern and nodded. "Burn those mother [censored]"

Spencer pulled her up and looked at the horde, constantly growing. Spencer chucked the lamp, hitting the ground. For a moment, nothing happened, and all you could hear was the constant noise of the undead. Then, a sound that could shake all of Aincrad erupted from the ground. A large plume of fire same forth, the heat more intense than anything he had ever felt. He moved back quickly, afraid that he too would burn from the heat. Loud screeching noises came from the ground of monsters, signaling that they weren't going to be going anywhere anytime soon. Spencer laid against the balcony and sighed with relief, they made it out. He slowly stood up and went over ot Jevi. "Are you okay?" He heard her say something as she dropped an item, but he didn't want to push what it could be that happened. He looked over at the door and opened it, cooler air came rushing forth and a bright light almost blinded him from the almost pitch black darkness they were in.

Spencer hurled the lantern from the balcony and down atop the gunpowder. The woman looked over the edge, watching the fire slowly leak out and onto the black powder. All at once, almost faster than she had fallen back to avoid it, the gunpowder all caught fire at once, the sound of a large explosion ratting the balcony, and most likely the entire pyramid. She would not be surprised if the people in the town they came from heard the explosion. As the smoke and fire seemed to be more under control, she could hear the sounds of pained screeches coming from below them, a sigh of relief escaping from her lips. Spencer soon walked over to her, a moment later and asked if she was okay. Her health had taken a chunk out, but it was still green, so she was not worried there. However, she knew that was not what he meant in his asking. Raising up a glover fist, Jevi wiped the moist trail left from the tear that fell down her cheek.. "Y-Yeah.. That sword I had.. I had made it for my friend, Opal awhile ago.. It was probably one of the nicest swords I had ever made, and it meant a lot to her. Eventually, she ended up picking up the Katana skill, and gifted me the old sword for me to use, in return to making her a katana.. It was .. really the only thing I had left in memory of her." she shook her head, "But its fine.. who knows if she ended up killing anyone with that sword.. might be better off." she chuckled, quite pathetically, "I can just make a new one. Lets just get out of here." 

She walked aside Spencer to the door that he pushed open, the rush of cold air that combated the heat from the fire below, and a bright light that took a moment for her eyes to adjust to. "Are we.. back outside?" she questioned, as she shielded her squinting eyes. 

Hearing Jevi talk about the weapon she lost, and the memories behind it made him frown slightly. It sucked that she had to get rid of such a cherished item today. "I-" He cut off with the light, Jevi commenting on the fact that it could be outside. When he blinked the blinding light away, he was happy to see that it was, in fact, the sunlight."Thank go-Woooooo." He looked down, they were close to the top of the pyramid, the smooth diagonal wall going towards the ground, which seemed like miles away. "I.. Uh.... I don't know exactly how we are going to get down there." He knelt down and looked around the place the door protruded from. It looked normal, like there was no other way out of this. "Maybe we can go b-" He was cut off with his own gasp, a hand was gripping the balcony. The noise from the undead was done, but it seemed like they weren't gone for good. Another hand, and another, and slowly more of them were gripping on the the balcony, along with the rising of some arms and heads. "Looks like they aren't gone yet." He said to Jevi, nervous about how they are going to get out of this.

As her golden eyes opened again, she saw the blue sky and sun above the tall trees, the ruins they investigated before on the ground below them. A relieved smile stretched across her face, "Finally." she said in a hushed tone, before noticing what Spencer was worrying about. The two were located at the very top of the pyramid, a long drop to the bottom. It was a small possibility that the two could find a way down through the inside, now that the undead cultists were scorched. That was what she thought, however, until the burnt, decaying hands of the ones she thought to be dead again began pulling themselves up onto the balcony where they stood. Her eyes went wide, Spencer just as worried about what they were going to do. 

The woman looked at the side of the pyramid. It was smooth and steep, but should be at just the right angle to do something daring. Quickly, the woman made sure that the clawed gauntlet on her arm was tightly secured to her forearm. "I have an idea but... its a bit risky." she looked at the zombies, as they began to fully pull themselves up onto their level. "But if we don't try something, they are going to kill us anyway so.. hold on!" she ended with a shout. Wrapping her arm around Spencer's waist and jumping off the side of the pyramid. The embracing players hit the side of the smooth pyramid, their speed only increasing as they plummeted towards the ground. Jevi then reached out to the side with her gauntlet, the metal hitting the stone, kicking up sparks that bounced in every direction. Surely enough, the thick steel of her armor began to fig into the stone blocks of the structure, slowing their speed little by little.

• 3 weeks later...

Spencer turned to Jevi, but he turning turned into him being pulled out of the pyramid, to the outside, then sliding down the face of the pyramid. He knew this game was pretty intense, knowing things could happen at any given moment, but this seemed a bit extreme, even to him. Really! He thought/ screamed in his head before the two of them were flying down the side of the pyramid. Jevi dug her gauntlets into the side of it, slowing the two of them down a bit, not such crazy speeds, but still panic inducing ones. Spencer pulled his mace up and slammed it into the pyramid, a loud crack sounding, but he got it dug into the stone as well, the mace also slowing there speed a bit. "Jevi. Good thinking, but are we going to live through this impact?" He yelled, the wind whipping past them and the sound of the metal hitting the stone was making it hard for him to hear himself talk.

Spencer seemed to catch onto Jevi's idea, quickly using his mace to do the same as her and slow their fall. Their speed had decreased by a lot, yet they still fell at an alarming rate. At this point, it was a fifty fifty chance at survival, unless Jevi could thing of something else. Thinking quick, the woman bent her knees so the heels of her boots ran against the side of the stone pyramid as well. Not much, but it was hopefully enough to turn the tide more in their favor. At this point, it was too late for any other ideas, and they would merely need to put fate in their hands. Clenching her eyes shut, Jevi pulled Spencer closer and tucked her chin in. All of a sudden, they met the ground with enough force to usually break bones. 

She felt her body tumbling through the dirt until it finally came to a forced stop as she collided with one of the few standing walls of an old ruin. The disheveled brunette laid there motionless for a moment before slowly picking up her head, grunting as she tried to move. As she looked around for Spencer, she caught a glimpse of her health bar, blinking in the red zone. "Spencer!?" she shouted out, quickly looking for the boy. That was when she saw him in the same state that she once was, curled up, yet still alive. "Spencer! Are you okay!?"

Spencer could see the ground quickly approaching, their chances slim. Jevi slammed her heels into the wall, slowing them down a bit more. He clenched his body and curled up more, trying to shield his body from the oncoming impact. What the actual hell is this game. Why is this happening. Hopefully  we live to tell others about what the hell happened here. Were his last thoughts before his body met the ground.

Spencer tumbled from Jevi, the ground sending him in a different direction than the girl. His mace caught on the ground, which made his body arc towards the ground more, slamming him into the dirt with a loud thud. He groaned loudly and couldn't see much. He shook his head slowly and felt his body radiating with soreness. He coughed slightly and heard Jevi's yells, running over to him. He looked up slowly with a look of pure exhaustion. "I hated the movie. The Mummy. Apparently for a good reason." He huffed and pushed up slowly, shaking the dirt off and standing up slowly. He looked up at the pyramid, the undead were glaring at the two, but slowly retreating farther from sight. "Don't think they are coming for us, the game might keep them in the area of the pyramid only." He said and looked at Jevi. "That was some really good thinking. Thank you." He smiled weakly.

Jevi chuckled about Spencer's comment on The Mummy movie. "Don't think I'll ever be watching it again after today." She looked up at the top of the pyramid they had escaped from, smoke billowing out from the doorway from the fire Spencer had started still burning away. "Ruby would kill me if she found out what we just did.." she said with a shake of her head, turning back to the sandy haired boy who was currently brushing dirt off of his clothes. "Hey, you had your crazy idea with setting that barrel on fire, my crazy idea was sliding down the pyramid. Guess we are even now." she said, laughing at her joke. She looked back to the man with a smile before giving him a pat on the back, "I think that's enough adventuring for the day.. lets head back to town." As they started to walk, Jevi bit her lip nervously and looked to Spencer, "Oh and... please don't tell Ruby that.. I had the great idea of jumping off the pyramid like that.. She's probably more worried about me than I am of her in the boss fight. If she knew we tried that stunt.." she rubbed her opposite arm, feeling slightly guilty for putting herself in danger when she promised Ruby she would not.

He nodded. "Yeah, I think I've had enough crazy ideas for one day." He laughed and looked at the girl. She showed some major concern about Ruby finding out about what happened today. Spencer smiled a bit and imitated him zipping his mouth shut. "Don't worry, I wont say anything to her. This day is safe with me." He smiled and holstered his mace. He looked around the ruins and saw the way up the hill,  a lot easier than it was getting down. "Welp, I do believe it's this way." He said and started to walk. He was lucky to be alive, but also confused. How. In. The. Hell. Did all of this stuff happen. He was wondering why it's always their guild that gets into these situations where they almost die. It has happened a few times, and he was hoping, almost praying, that more of this doesn't happen.

Completed!

+2 Sp Both (Completing 2 Pages)
+400 Col Per Person (Completing 2 Pages)