Level: 17

HP: 340      Energy: 34

+2 damage

2 base damage

35 mitigation

+14 thorns

+2 paralyze

+1 Taunt

+1 recovery  (+1 energy on a CD roll of 6+)

Equipped items:

Revial: (damagex2, Paralyzex1) ( one handed curved sword)

Ruby Armor: (thorns x2, Recoveryx1) (heavy armor)

Twilight Shadow: (paralyzex2, tauntx1)

Kuro: (27 mitigation) (tier 1 protection familiar)

Skills:

Rank 2 curved Sword. (+2 damage)

Rank 1 combat aid: heals 4% per rank of a party member's health (rounded down)    Energy cost: 5% of healing done (rounded down

Howl: Active Post command.  Energy Cost: 10     Effect: Adds +3 Hate each against up to 4 targets.

Rank 1 Heavy armor: +8 mitigation

Extra Skills:

Martial Arts Rank 1:

Survivalist Rank 1: passive Effect: Increases the health you regenerate per post to 20 when out of combat. Survival also gives immunity to damage dealing environment effects.

Protector familiar: Rank 1 +27 mitigation

Battle Inventory:

Matriarch's stinger- +1 damage for one battle.

Tier one over-health potion- (+50 Temp HP)

3 tier one health potion- (+40 for each)

I make my way through floor six wearing my armor, and weapons on me as i do so. Having to resist the urge to just go back and head towards my shop every step of the way. I can only just make myself wonder why am i doing this? Their is no point in trying to fix a broken broken shield. It is better to make a new and better one then use the old and outdated former parts. I just sigh softly as i feel this strange sense of calm wash over my as i look up to see where i am. I am at a place that is rather beautiful. How the waterfall cascades down the mountain side, and how every little bit of this place seems untouched from all the horrible things of this world. I make my way towards a rock and sits down at it having my familiar Kuro with me to offer his own strength to help me not chicken out at the last second. I just close my eyes as i feel what seems like weightlessness for a bit and when i open my eyes i find a strange sight before me.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the area where i am at having the night and day clash together as i feel like i am trapped between the two forces. Both feeling hot and cold as their isn't a sense of balance from what i can tell. I find Kuro at my side which is strange as i think i am in my mind or something of the equivalent. I can only assume my mind made this Kuro up since i am so use to being near him. Especially over the last few days where he had been the one at my side trying to comfort me with no progress. During my discussion with Havok, and Kyoto yesterday i had heard of same type of waterfall on the sixth floor that helps players deal with their problems. At hearing that i couldn't refuse such a offer and needed to face this here and now. As i look around from the area of night time steps out a creature that smiles weirdly at me as four doors suddenly appear before me. I can only assume this is a trial of some sort as i accept the quest that pops up not caring to look at the name of it.

Edited by Hestia

I look from door to door slowly as i see a image of a family, a blade with red dripping off of it,  pictures of tests all over it, and the last being a burning fire. I look from one door to another as i try to figure out which to choose out of these. The images seeming like they are meant to represent something for this quest. I know that each image is representative of my life in someway. The family being my obvious family, the blade being the recent almost death or possibly my father's death, the tests being stress, and finally the fire. That one remaining illusive to me understanding the meaning behind just a simple flame. As i continue to stare at it i find that i must know the meaning behind it as i move over to it and slowly opens the door and enters the room that the flame holds for it.

As i step into the room i see a dark person once more like the last. A thing made of shadow that has a mouth as it slowly moves towards me as i hold my weapon's as i stare thing thing down ready to kill it. I falter slightly at that thought. Can i kill this? will it i kill me? I find myself filled with much doubt as i hold my blade tightly only able to react like this for now as this thing comes closer step by step. I am the first demon you have chosen. I am the inner demon of wrath young Ember Nite. You view yourself as kind, but hidden away is your resentment to those you called friends. Itzal denying you to continue growing stronger. I mean if you continued that day maybe you wouldn't have died almost. Right? The demon asks me as i can hear my voice speaking to me from everywhere as i hold my voice. Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! i scream over and over refusing to  believe this. I mean what about that other girl that just left you. Marissa? and lets not forget your little friends Havok, and Kyoto not knowing when to leave well enough alone. Come on snap at them! Show them the true Hestia who only cares for #1! The inner demon screams at me as i hold my head as i shake my head quickly as i don't move. Just wanting to deny the words that i am hearing.

Eventually after a minute i just snap as i take my sword with anger burning in my eyes as i go to swing at this demon. However, it is like it knew what i was going to do as i moved close to it. I dance around this demon swinging my sword with reckless abandon wanting to hurt this thing that is lying to me. Wanting to see it in pain for suggesting that i don't care for my friends. I just know that i am useless that i can't win. So what is the point of protecting them if i can't do that. The demon just laughs dodging my attack. Come on Ember! Show me that anger, and wrath. Show me the true demon that is waiting to come out. It says with a dark chuckle as it lashes out with a punch at my armor. Give into your hate. I know you always fear doing that. Stop acting like you are some holy Paladin.

#90029  BD: 5   MD: 6 CD: 7 (+1 energy do to recovery)   Demon 1 DMG: 5-35=1(minimum) Thorns: 14

Hestia: 339/340  31/34

Demon 1: 71/85  (5 DMG per attack, MIT: 1 DMG)

Edited by Hestia

I'm not afraid of my anger! Shut up! You aren't me! I scream at this demon not knowing what this place is or these doors that i enter. Just caring for moving past this  And that is why you will never get out of here alive Ember Nite. You are afraid of falling into anger and showing it to those you care for. You are afraid of losing those close to you by allowing yourself to release those emotions you have buried in your soul. That is why you will never win here as long as you are now. You are to afraid to just let go and show your true self Ember. The Demon tells me as it dodged the four slice attack of Bear knock once more before going for a slice along my face as i dodge out of the way of the attack. To scared to raise a shield to try and block the attack at this moment. Thinking if i do i will end up being impaled once more through a bladed attack of some kind.

#90230  BD: 2  MD: 5  CD: 7 (+2 energy. +1recovery, +1 natural)

Hestia: 339/340  29/34

Demon 1: 71/85  (5 DMG per attack, MIT: 1 DMG)

Edited by Hestia

I am myself...shut up! I am not afraid to be myself you hear me! i will get out of this place and not hold back at all! I say with a glare as i move forward as fast as lightning as i quickly start slashing into the demon dealing damage and with every hit it left it closer and closer to being paralyzed till its limbs couldn't move at all. I grin as i then walk over slowly holding my sword tightly as i point it at the neck of my paralyzed opponent. I am Ember nite proud daughter of my father a protector of Justice, and my mother who helped people who she could. I am not afriad of whatever mind games you are trying to do you demon. However, i know that i am Ember Nite and i won't allow myself to end here. I say as i feel like a slow fire is building within me once more.

#90231 BD: 8 MD: 7 (paralyzed didn't go through)  CD: 10 (+2 energy recovery, and natural)   Bear Knock: 20-1=19

[H:2] Hestia: 339/340  27/34

Demon 1: 52/85  (5 DMG per attack, MIT: 1 DMG)

Edited by Hestia

It seems you don't understand yet Ember. I am part of you. I am your pent up emotions don't you get it? you anger, sadness, frustration. I am all of that all those emotions you deny, and you are denying right now. Learn to accept them as part of you or continue to deteriorate as you are now. I charge up my sword skill once more to take down this demon as i quickly charge forward not liking its tone with me. However, the demon easily dodges my attack as all i can see from this black figure is a creepy white smile as i hits my chest again knocking me back away from it. However, i do see it hold its hand suggesting that it activated my thorns when hitting the armor. I hold my blade as i stare at this demon. You aren't a part of me i have never been so bitter ever in my life. I say to it with a glare as it just laughs at me.

You never been so bitter huh? What about those words you said to those men Kyoto, and Havok those sounded bitter and hateful. the demon says as i wince knowing it is right and that i wasn't in the right mindset that day, or even now really. Only just fighting to prove i can that i am able to hurt this thing that mocked my abilities. 'I am useless since i can't protect' My eyes widen as i look around wondering what that came from as i turn to the demon who just smiles. 'A shield is useless if it can't defend' 'i am weak' 'Why don't they help me.' I keep hearing these words from my voice as i wonder what they are, and the demon can see my distress. These are you own thoughts being played right back at you. Don't you see now i am a part of you. All that hate you decided to reject from yourself. It all needs to go somewhere doesn't it? With this you have grown to fear me and wonder what would happen if you ever unleashed me fully.

#90239  BD: 1   MD: 8  CD:12 (+2 for natural, recovery combined)  Inner Demon: 1(minimum) DMG   Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:2] Hestia: 338/340  25/34

Demon 1: 38/85  (5 DMG per attack, MIT: 1 DMG)

Edited by Hestia

Fine you may be a part of me but you aren't me. I have chosen a different path for myself every route of my life. I will continue to fight everyday against those emotions since what good are they for me. I say with a small growl not seeing the point of emotions that are negative. Emotions that make you act irrationally, and make you choose things that could get you killed. like the idea of revenge fueled by anger that will just end with your death if you pursue it. The idea making me wanting to banish away anger to make sure every decision is calm at least most of the time as long as i am not overwhelmed by the emotion. Banishing the sadness since it only slows me down when i need to be working on improvement always. Those are emotions that help you grow little Ember. Let those emotions fuel you into a fire of self improvement to learn from those experiences. The demon says as it moves towards me and tries to slice its clawed hand at me as i quickly dodge under the strike and start slashing at the demon again as i grin as it falls to its knees completely paralyzed once more.

#90240  BD: 9  MD: 2   Bear Knock: 6x4=24

[H:4] Hestia: 338/340  22/34

Demon 1: 14/85  (5 DMG per attack, MIT: 1 DMG)

Edited by Hestia

To learn from them huh? I say softly as i think on that a little bit. To learn from my anger and how to deal with it. I keep my sword near this demon's neck. Is it a demon though? I find myself asking myself mentally. Is this thing really a demon like it says it is in the HUD. I then pause and realize the really stupid mistake i made in seeing their names. Realizing it means inner fears, or problems when it says Demon. I look towards Wrath as i just nod my head. Fine Wrath i'll try to learn. I say as i swing my sword downwards as Wrath the first inner Demon quickly dodges and tries to swing at me with a clawed hand that i block with my shield and push away the clawed hand as Wrath backs away. Wonderful little flame now grow brighter and more glorious for those other inner fears to know what a flame that is fueled by her past experiences and trying to overcome them and learn from them.

#90242  BD: 1 MD: 1  CD: 6      Bear Knock: miss

H:4] Hestia: 338/340  20/34

Edited by Hestia

I hold my blade and moves forward as the demon does the same as i swing my sword and it swings its claws the two attacks hitting each other as i push forward and the demon just grins finding this ending to be a bit interesting as it stares down at me. I just continue to look upwards at Wrath the demon as i eventually take my sword away and quickly move my shield up to take the hit as i get pushed back slightly as i then start circling the demon slowly analyzing its movements and waiting for it to try and make a opening. Knowing that is the important thing at this moment. Trying to find a opening to kill this thing rather then charging in blindly like i have bee the last few times. Having to think clearly and end this thing before this weird places that keeps whispering to me my thoughts that i have tried to bury.

#90243  BD:3  MD 4   Bear Knock: miss

[H:4]Hestia: 338/340  16/34

Edited by Hestia

I hold my blade as i narrow my eyes as the demon rolls his head a bit as it then moves forward towards me as i try to dodge out of the way of the attack but instead get punched in the get getting knocked back as the demon starts to shimmer and start to turn to static. Learn to embrace these things Ember. Become a brilliant flame and not let me become another demon again! it says as it chuckles and then bursts into crystals. I breathe a bit and then grins as i slowly get up counting one demon out of the four down. However, it begs the question if these are things i fear or i am lacking in life then what do the other three hold in store for me. That question seeming pretty daunting when i think of it. I slowly get out of the room and watches as it slowly sinks into the floor before little blue crystals shoot upwards and then falls like little sparkling rain drops. I smile a bit at the beautiful sight.

#90244 BD: 5  MD: 6   Bear Knock: miss

[H:4] Hestia: 338/340  13/34

Demon 1: 0/85  (5 DMG per attack, MIT: 1 DMG)

Edited by Hestia

I rest at the front of the entrance towards the room for a bit thinking on things that i have done to warrant the symbol of test grades. I try to figure out their mystery before entering the room in hopes of preparing myself mentally for what will prepare me. As i think on this i try to come towards conclusions with my only ones being that of my nonstop dedication and ambition to do good. Possible my desire of improvement? As i look at the door i just can't come up with anything and waiting within this white void does not seem fun. I make my way towards the door and opens it up as i find myself within the area where i work. The store within the mall close to my home. A shadowey figure turning towards me with a grin. Such a scared girl, so terrified of becoming useless to those all around her. Fearful of when the day will come when people replace. Maybe you worry about taking care of your family, but you know you desire to be needed. You want people to depend on you cause that is all you know. When you have to depend on others it feels like a searing pain into your soul doesn't it. Don't worry this pain will be alleviated soon and you don't have to worry about it soon. The demon says with a grin as i determined rather easily now this is my ambition possible? Or rather it seems to stress the point my fear of being alone and by myself from not being needed.

Hestia: 338/340  14/34

Demon 2: 113/113  (7 DMG per attack, MIT: 2 DMG)

I look at this demon and hold my blade as i focus on my sword art as i stare up at this demon as i hear whispers all around the room that this demon resides in."take a break every now and then" "i need to continue pushing on" I shake my head ignoring those whispers that plague this room over and over as i move in towards the demon. I quickly swing my blade horizontally as the inner demon bends back out of the way. I then swing diagonally in both direction as the demon dodges both of the attack. I then finish my bear knock with a thrust forward as the demon side steps and then smacks me away. Not pushing me back any but the thorns on my armor that it hits causes it to quickly move its hand back. Holding it in pain from the small amount of damage that i have done against it.

#90390  BD: 4 CD: 6(+1 energy back do to recovery)  MD: 6    7DMG-35=1(minimum)  Thorns: 14 DMG   Bear Knock: miss -4+2=-2

Hestia: 337/340   Energy: 12/34

Demon 2: 99/113

Edited by Hestia

I hold my blade as i look at the demon as i clench it tightly as i move towards the demon as fast as i can. I swing downwards cutting the demon along its back and then starts moving around it cutting it one at a time red marks appearing along its body as i grin having landed Bear knock as i back away from Ambition my demon as i hold my sword tightly.  "i can never back down"  "need to get stronger to survive" "i need to my family to need me" What was that last! I say in a frustrated tone hearing that whisper in what sounded like my voice whisper these words at. Obviously these are your inner thoughts Ember you just need to learn to accept that these are inside you. To accept you only care for being needed by others. The inner demon says with a grin on its face that is a white line from the demon just being a dark shadowy being.

#90393  BD: 7  CD:9   MD: 2     5x4=20-2=18  energy: -4+2=-2

[H:2]Hestia: 337/340 Energy:10/34

Demon 2: 81/113

Edited by Hestia

I look at Ambition as i slowly move in a arc towards the right as i stare the being that is simply known as inner demon 2 to the game. However, to me i define these demons and this is ambition. I clench my sword tightly as i continue to hear these whisper as i try to deny them to ignore what they are saying. Not wanting to believe what i am hearing from what seems to be my own mind. To hear that i only do what i do to continue to be needed. To have people depend on me and to have me help them along their paths in life. I quickly move towards ambition and swing my blade quickly dodges through strikes that he tries to hit me with moving between the strikes as i grin at my last strike. However i get elbowed in my chest as i slide back along the ground as i look up towards Ambition. I can only figure that was a critical hit if it could manage to have me slide along the ground.

#9034 BD: 6   MD: 10  CD: 7 (+1 energy)     Bear Knock: 20-2=18 DMG     Demon: 9-35=1(minimum)

[H:4]  Hestia: 336/340   Energy: 8/34

Demon 2: 63/113

Come now shouldn't you know by now? I mean you push yourself everyday even after your great friend Itzal trying to tell you to take a break. You refused to. You pushed yourself every day be it with that shop of yours or with all those quests you did by yourself. Look where that got you in the end Ember. Almost dead at the hands of the Gemini. How does that feel to know no matter how hard you push yourself you can't overcome that or myself. You will be forever trying to reach a standard that is beyond you. Ambition says with a chuckle as it then charges at me as i stand stock still hearing this told to me as i clench my sword and shield tightly trying to deny this fact that i am hearing. As i know deep down that this is true. That i am trying to reach a standard that is beyond me, and that i am pushing myself to be stronger every day that ended with defeat. I look down and then up towards the demon as i hold my weapon and shield. I may have failed in the past but i don't care i have learned my lesson. I will take breaks to learn from what i had done the day previous. That doing quests also needs day of relaxing to be effective. I say with a look to this demon as Ambition falters a bit hearing that as it punches my armor and gets hurt on my thorns. The whispers in this realm become quieter at my proclamation.

#90396 BD: 3  MD: 8  Bear knock: miss   ID2: 7-35=1DMG(minimum)   Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:4] Hestia: 335/340   Energy: 4/34

Demon 2: 49/113

Edited by Hestia

Do you really think that change is so easy to do Ember that you will change within a day.. You will fail you will continue to push yourself and fail in the end like always. That is what you have always been! I am what allows you to live. It doesn't matter if you try to deny the fact of what you do the inner reason why. You will still do it no matter what. Ambition says getting frustrated as it charges at me as i prep my sword and moves in as i try to slice at my Ambition but it dodges out of my strikes as it tries to strike at me during my slashes as i manage to dodge every single one. However, with the last attack Ambition goes for he smacks my shield and i manage to stay strong but with its other hand it punches me back as i slide along the ground as i look towards it with a look of determination. There it is myself. The ambition that burns inside you to let yourself be use- Shut up. I do what i do because it is what my father has taught me. I may have strayed from that at some point. Not anymore however Ambition what i do is for the sake of helping others not some recognition. I say in a hostile manner to Ambition.

#90397 BD: 4  MD: 6  Bear knock: miss   ID2: 7-35=1DMG(minimum)   Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:4] Hestia: 334/340   Energy: 0/34

Demon 2: 35/113

I charge forward as i swing my sword however my swing goes rather wide as i miss entirely and gets punched in my side for my efforts as i hit the ground on my back from the punch and slides along the ground for a bit from where the door to room use to be. Was this where the door was? it is becoming difficult to tell anymore from everything looking very samey in regards to this room. However, it seems that this room is entirely quiet except this demon and myself fight. I hold my blade with a look of steely determination. I know what i do is for the protection of others. To help them become strong to never face the fate of being a victim. That is why i do what i do. At least that is what i do now not for some inner reason of being seen and acknowledged for the work i do. I look at this demon and feel rather sickened by the fact that this is what my ambition has been turned into. A sick form of what it use to be, and not what it is suppose to be.

#90398  BD: 2  MD: 6     ID2: 7-35=1DMG(minimum)   Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:4] Hestia: 333/340   Energy: 1/34

Demon 2: 21/113

I watch as Ambition charges at me as i hold my shied ready to block the attack if need be. I hold my blade tightly making sure that it couldn't get knocked away easily. As i see the demon move forward i watch as it goes to punch my head with its shadowy hand. I quickly raises my shield and blocks the attack as i don't even budge a inch from the spot where i am at. I grin up at he demon and quickly swings my sword upwards in a diagonal direction towards the right as Ambition quickly then backs away from my strike as it glares down at me. How! This is not suppose to happen! Why do you think you can change so easily! You are a greedy imperfect human. That is all you are Ember and nothing else! You don't do things for the good of others only yourself. Ambition says with frustration towards me as i just hold my blade ready to strike within a moments notice. It is because i am human that i can change and know this no human ever stays the same we adapt and become better that is what we do. No demon can change that fact. I say with a confident look towards Ambition who just hisses at my words.

#90399  BD: 2  MD: 3 CD: 12 (+1 energy)

[H:4] Hestia: 333/340   Energy: 3/34

Demon 2: 21/113