[F6-SP] The demons within <<Calming the Soul>>

Ambition charges me furious with my idea of being able to change as it goes to hit me as i quickly dodge the attack by sidestepping the attack as i stare at this demon with a look of determination as i quickly swing my blade activating rage blow as i try to attack it. Putting all my anger towards this warped ambition into the strike. The demon easily moves out of the way of the attack while grinning at me clearly amused by my attempt as it stares at me. Really Ember you think you can beat sin with a greater sin. You should know this from common sense or at least from your little friend Izal that you shouldn't try to fight evil with evil. Cause all you do is just sink lower then what you attacked. Which you are starting to do. It says in a amused tone.

#90400  BD: 1  MD: 4 CD: 10  Rage Blow: miss  -2+2=0 energy loss

[H:4] Hestia: 333/340   Energy: 3/34

Demon 2: 21/113

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a angry person i don't know what you are talking about Ambition. You are clearly going mad with your imminent loss. Just face the fact you won't win and that i have changed. i am not letting my ambition be clouded by want of being recognized. My ambition is striving towards improvement to help out everyone i can because it is the right thing to do! I say in a mix of determination and rage as i quickly move forward as i swing down quickly at Ambition as it easily dodges my attack then punches my shoulder as i quickly move a foot to stop my momentum to stop me from tumbling away as i glare at this demon as it gets hurt by my thorns. You are so easily driven to rage Ember you just don't know it yet. You soon will though and it makes me wonder if you will be able to survive the coming storm of such a thing.

#90401  BD: 1  MD: 8  CD: 7 (+1 energy)    7-35=1(minimum)   Thorns: 14

[H:4] Hestia: 332/340   Energy: 3/34

Demon 2: 7/113

I grip my sword tightly and just glare at this thing that acts as if it knows me i quickly move forward and swings my sword horizontally as it dodges my attack with ease as it goes for a strike at my body and punches my armor once more as it realizes it hits my thorns as it stares at me. You may have overcome your ambition Ember. Rage will await and consume you have taken the first steps down that road already you just don't know it yet. It says with a laugh at my own expense as it then shatters into a million different pieces. I stare at where it once was as i take a calming breathe and shakes my head. Stupid demon thinking it knows me at all. I am perfectly fine i am not a hateful being. If i was i would've tried to kill people who have wronged me. I say to comfort myself and to confirm myself to be fine. I exit this room not noticing as it turns into a field of flowers and grass to show that it is at peace once more. A small home forming where the demon once was with inside the home being my family where i am relaxing instead of working all the time.

#90402   BD; 4   CD: 6 (+1 energy)   7-35=1(minimum)    Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:4] Hestia: 331/340   Energy: 3/34

Demon 2: 0/113

i look towards the last two images that are left the family, and the blade that has blood dripping down it. I stare at the sword and find myself feeling uneasy of it so i move towards the one with the family and opens it up as i enter the room i find once more another shadowy figure however it seems smaller then the less however i quickly learn it just has the same bark as the other. Ember child. Have you come to join me to realize what you are? That you aren't wrath. that you aren't just a ball of self destructive ambition. But just a weakling, just a sheep among wolves. I mean we have no chance of success. Consider our position. We almost have died, and we both know we can never be better then what we are now. So what's the point in fighting? It asks me as i can hear the whispers again. Words i have thought during this morning and the last two days before i ran into Havok and Kyoto. "What's the point in existing" "I'll just stay in my shop till it's over with" "I can't be as good as the other people in this game so what's the point in trying" I stare at this demon and knows this must be a stronger one since it has more ammunition to use against me do to my state i have been in for a awhile.

Hestia: 331/340  Energy: 4/34

Demon 3:  170/170   (DMG 10, 3 MIT)

I stare at this demon and i guess it is inferiority. But why is their inferiority? That would've only happened lately from that fight that doesn't qualify it enough to be this strong. I then remember the words of wrath and ambition who told me that i feared being replaced. I think trying to come up with some idea to tell me what this thing's position and why is it seemingly so strong. I quickly move towards it as i quickly go to strike it down here and now knowing that it is no use trying to figure out. If this follows the same pattern. The demon will eventually tell me what has happened. i can only wait and see what happens as i fight this thing. I quickly move towards it as i swing my blade four times moving around it as i slice into it with a grin on my face. However, as i am about to back away from it i hear a faint whisper that throws me off guard. "I must help my family always. It's never enough" That faint whisper throwing me off enough to get punched in the stomach by this demon as i look up towards it.

Instead of seeing the demon i see the scene of me working at my part-time job at the local cafe trying to make money for my family to help us pay for bills. The image then fades showing the shadowy demon once more. I get back up very confused on why i was just shown that.

#90442 BD: 9  CD: 12  MD: 10    6x4=24-3=21     10+2=12-35=1(minimum)

[H:2] Hestia: 330/340   Energy: 2/34

Demon 3: 149/170 (DMG 10, 3 MIT)

Edited by Hestia

I look to the demon who is paralyzed from me having done a critical hit against it as i grin at seeing that as i hold my blade ready to try and continue my strike against it.To hurt this demon and put it in its place. I quickly move towards the paralyzed demon and swings my blade as hard as i can horizontally as the demon gets hurt once more receiving a wound along its body again as all i am greeted to is the sight of another memory of mine. I see myself helping my sister with her homework on one of the many nights where our mother had to work at her job at the hospital. Working overnight to try and pay for the bills that were high from having to pay for our education, and house bills, and every other little thing. I look towards Inferiority who back away from me and gives me a blank stare back at me. As i wonder why i am being shown these things. I hear another faint whisper. "i can never do enough to make up for what my parents have done for me"

#90443 BD: 6  CD: 9  MD: 1   5x2=10-3=7

[H:4] Hestia: 330/340   Energy: 2/34

Demon 3: 142/170 (DMG 10, 3 MIT)

Edited by Hestia

I stare at this small shadowy figure whose shape seems like that of a child as the contrast to how much stronger it is and what form it has taken makes me interested. It makes me curious if the form and shape these demons also give a hint towards why they are like as they are. I hold my curved sword ready to attack this demon as i quickly move forward and barely slices the demon along its arm as it then tries to hit me as i easily dodge out of the way of the attack as i look towards this figure curious why it stayed in place instead of trying to dodge. i sigh softly as i am met with another image. Of me in school telling others to take the lead in projects and i'll just do what they ask of me. Since that would help with going in a direction towards completing it. "I'm not fit to lead anyone. I'm better of taking the orders. I should just listen to him" Once again i hear a whisper to accompany this image as i glare at hearing what i do this time as i find that to be entirely untrue in every aspect. As i start thinking these can't be true at all. No way.

#90444  BD: 9  MD:4   CD: 12     Basic attack: 6 DMG-3=3 DMG

[H:6] Hestia: 330/340   Energy; 4/34

Demon 3: 139/170  (DMG 10, 3 MIT)

You know that you are just denying yourself right Ember? You have been through this two other times. You shouldn't be so reluctant to face me at this point. Just recognize that you don't value yourself so highly, and that you need to improve yourself. Overcome me become the inferno that is awaiting to burn this world away. To burn away the corrupt, and evil. But first you must realize you are nothing. You just see yourself as a disposable pawn. Grow beyond that Ember and become a inferno. Inferiority says to me trying to motivate me like Wrath did. It then charges at me as i quickly duck out of the way of its attack as i swing my blade but i miss Inferiority by a large margin as i glare down at this demon having my shield ready to defend myself, and my blade ready to hurt this little thing.

#90445  BD: 2  MD: 5  CD: 5   Bear Knock: miss  -4+1=-3

[H:6] Hestia: 330/340   Energy; 1/34

Demon 3: 139/170  (DMG 10, 3 MIT)

I clench my blade tightly white knuckled as i swing my curved sword down in a diagonal manner as the demon easily moves out of the way with a sigh of disappointment of me not acknowledging its statement as it then punches my armor as i don't even move a inch as i stare down at this demon ready to put it down in its place. However, i am greeted to another image for the fact of my thorns activating. I see my mother coming home after a late night of work and setting the mail on the kitchen table and then heading to bed. To tired to look at it in any form. I see myself going to the mail and finding bills and looking through them finding that we are behind on so many. "Why am i so useless i can't help her?" I feel myself saddened as i have to fight back tears at seeing the memory that set me on my path to doing everything for my family. To put my whole heart into doing as much as i can.

#90446 BD: 2  MD: 6  CD: 9  Rage Blow: miss     10-35=1(minimum)   Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:6] Hestia: 329/340  Energy: 1/34

Demon 3: 125/170

I put all the emotions of sadness into my next strike as i swing my blade as hard as i can as it carves into the demon as i grin but i then feel a punch at the same spot the demon hit before as i stare into its empty voids of eyes as i can only assume it did that on purpose to try and make me watch more of my past. I see myself doing every chore in the house. Washing dishes, doing the laundry, taking care of my little sister, teaching her about the world and about how to speak correctly. Taking her to school ever morning when i could at the expense of being late to my first period class every day in highschool. I look towards inferiority as this slide show fades away as he looks at me. Stop showing me this right now. I growl angrily as Inferiority just stares at me. Revenge, and Temper are what await you and you will be consumed by everything Ember. Don't let that Ember turn into a fire of blue or white. Keep it red and orange and you will be fine. The demon says to me. As i just find the phrasing annoying. Finding that it is like a riddle i am suppose to understand.

#90447  BD: 9 (paralyze proct)   MD: 6  CD:9   Rage Bow: 6x2=12-3=9DMG   Demon: 1(minimum) DMG    Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:8]  Hestia: 328/340   Energy: 1/34

Demon 3: 102/170

Edited by Hestia

I look towards the demon who is unable to move as i grin as i hold my blade and quickly swings it once more horizontally as Inferiority is about to move it freezes up once more unable to move once more. I can only grin seeing the paralyzed happened twice in a row. However, for my efforts i get to see another image of my life back in the real world. I see myself in sports and everytime i had been offered a captain's position i had refused it. I had felt like i wasn't good enough to take the position of captain. I knew that i had far far much more to go compared to some people in that sport or activity. I had refused always of taking the position, but it hadn't stopped people in that area from going to me for advice in learning how to do things, or how a certain sequence or routine was meant to go. I was a captain in all but name, but i refused to accept that.

#90448  BD: 8  CD:11  MD: 10(paralyzed) Rage Bow: 5x2=10-3=7DMG  

[H:10]  Hestia: 328/340   Energy: 1/34

Demon 3: 95/170

I look to my enemy who is still paralyzed from the last strike as i quickly continue on with my strike of another Rage blow striking Inferiority and after that strike it can move again as it backs away from me. As it stops basically functioning as my punching back in the sense it couldn't fight back. I wait for the next image to show itself but it never did. I look rather perplexed by that as i wonder why that didn't happen. I quickly refocus in on the battle knowing a strike can happen at any moment. I hold my shield close to me and my blade tightly as i stare at inferiority. Not even noticing as i'm getting back into how i am suppose to be fighting. Not noticing that i have forgotten my fear of holding a sword and shield. Inferiority just grins seeing this happen as it lets go of all kindness to make me continue to force improvement out of me towards being better.

#90450 BD: 7 CD: 8  MD: 10 (paralyzed)  Rage Bow: 5x2=10-3=7DMG  

[H:12]  Hestia: 328/340   Energy: 1/34

Demon 3: 88/170

I look towards Inferiority who dashes at me with surprising speed as i swing my sword however i miss the timing by a few as he appear in striking range a few second after my swing and punches me in the chest activating my thorns on the armor. I slide a bit along the ground as i stare at this opponent as i hold my sword and shield ready to protect my ideals and self from this opponent who seems out to kill me now. I don't know if you're in their inferiority, but know this. I am Ember Nite and i am a equal to others. I don't care what you say or what i use to say. I can stand side by side to others, and i am worthy of taking the position of leadership if given it. Look what i have been doing for Havok. That is a clear sign of a leadership gone well don't you know. I say with a grin towards this demon as the whispers cease in this room leaving just me and the demon in the eery silence that will only be broken by the sound of metal and fist meeting each other.

#90451  BD: 4  MD: 7 CD: 3    Demon Damage: 1 (minimum)   Thorns=14 DMG

[H:12]  Hestia: 327/340   Energy: 0/34

Demon 3: 74/170

I move towards the demon as the creature dashes towards me and quickly starts moving in a arc around me. I stop my movement and just holds my shield at the ready to defend myself. Suddenly the demon burst from his circular motion around me as i quickly raise my shield as a fist hits the shield as i then quickly move my sword forward cutting along its chest as it pushes off of my shield. Not wishing to be impaled by my blade. I turn towards the figure and gets ready once more as i can focus entirely now upon the fight. No distractions at all for either me or the demon. I look at this creature that is meant to be based on my past as i wonder what else could be left after this. I have faced what has been claiming to be wrath, ambition, and now inferiority. That makes me curious what lays beyond that last door. What is the last challenge that awaits me in all of this.

#90452  BD: 7 CD: 6  MD: 4     Basic Attack: 5-3=2 DMG

[H:14]  Hestia: 327/340   Energy: 2/34

Demon 3: 72/170

I get my blade ready as i focus on my sword art. I pump my negative emotions into it as i grip it tightly. My knuckles once more turning a white color as i move forward as the demon does the same i quickly swing my sword cleaving into the demon causing it to stumble back from the strong blow that it took from me. I grin a bit as i then see the demon recover rather quickly from the strike as it moves towards me as i raise my shield to block the attack. However, the demon pushed the shield away with its other hand allowing for a strike to my shoulder. The strike causing me to lose my footing for a second that i quickly correct as i look at the demon who is holding its hand. I can only assume it has managed to hit my thorns once more to cause itself damage from trying to strike at me.

#90453 BD: 10 (paralyze proct) MD: 8    Rage Blow: 7x2=14-3=11DMG    Demon Damge: 1(minimum)   Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:16]  Hestia: 326/340   Energy: 1/34

Demon 3: 57/170

Edited by Hestia

I look towards my opponent who is unable to move as i grin at the sight as i quickly move in towards the paralyzed opponent and follows the same tactic of using Rage Blow as i slash once more into the enemy with my attack as the creature finds more pain from getting hit with another hyper crit against it once more. I back away as the creature locks up once more unable to even move again from getting hit with back to back paralysis as it is unable to move in its entirety. I just smile glad to know this creature is well near death at this point as it is on its last limbs so to speak. I look down toward the paralyzed demon and can only hope my luck continues to lead me onto victory in this regard. To be able to get this many hits to continue the chain of rage blows against this demon to allow it not a single chance at hitting me.

#90454  BD: 10 (paralyze proct)  CD:8   MD: 4(paralyzed) Rage Blow: 7x2=14-3=11DMG   

[H:18]  Hestia: 326/340   Energy: 1/34

Demon 3: 46/170

I move towards the paralyzed opponent who manages to break free from it as it quickly jumps away as i watch it easily avoid my attack as i hold my blade and shield ready to defend myself once more. The demon just watches me as i find myself wondering what must be going through its mind as it fights me. Do these things even have minds of their own. I look around the room and wonders even more how such a place was conjured. From the thoughts i have had, towards the memories i have had, and even the personal attacks against me. It makes me rather curious if this game has more potential then it is letting on or these nervegears have more advanced tech then what was expected. To be able to read the mind and scan it for memories, and things to be able to forge such a quest. It is rather state of the art if it can do this and even create appropriate spaces for such a thing to represent the mind and its turmoils.

#90455   BD: 4  MD: 4(paralyzed)

[H:18]  Hestia: 326/340   Energy: 0/34

Demon 3: 46/170

Edited by Hestia

I look towards the demon in front of me as i hold my blade as i gaze at what this thing could do. I gaze at it as i feel a bit of uncertainty given everything. I mean i am in a place that is meant to represent my mind in some way. Fighting what is meant to be aspects of my personality. All the while this is happening within a video game. All of this is rather crazy as i wonder if any of us will truly be sane by the end of this considering what we will have gone through by the end of this. Considering how MMOs usually work i have an idea on what to expect. To fight legendary monsters from mythology, giant scary things that hurt a lot, and to top it all off a steadily increasing chance of death from how the floors get harder with each floor that i go up from.

I shake my head as i try to dodge the demon at the last second. Having been to far lost in thought that it caused me to not focus on the battle. For this i get a punch to my stomach that makes me grit my teeth but not budge in any other manner. I quickly try to swing my sword to land a hit however the enemy just dodges my attack at the last second. My blade barely touching it as i frown seeing the attack miss. I can only find comfort in the fact it hurt itself on my thorns if the health loss was anything to go by.

#90456  BD: 5 MD: 7   Thorns: 14 DMG   Demon Damage: 1(minimum) DMG

[H:18]  Hestia: 325/340   Energy: 1/34

Demon 3: 32/170

While the demon is still close near me i quickly swing my blade as i cut along its chest before it can move back to try and avoid my attacks. I grin as the attack lands and the demon locks up in place as it doesn't move. I smile seeing the health in the red. Knowing this means the fight is almost over. All i need to do now is just hit the enemy and this will all be over. I can then rest and prepare for my next fight with whoever the last demon is. I look towards Inferiority as i think on how lucky i have been during this fight all things considered. having landed quite a few good critical hits which have been very useful in combination with my sword skills. I remain close to the demon figuring that by being close it will help since that seemed to work at least partially well all things considered with landing hits.

#90457  BD: 10  CD: 12 MD:4   7x2=14-3=11

[H:20]  Hestia: 325/340   Energy: 1/34

Demon 3: 21/170

I look towards my foe who is unable to move as i channel my emotions into the attack as i quickly move forward and slice at the demon as i see the attack leave the mark it is meant to as i see the demon look at me with a emotionless look. As i see this look i pause for a moment and nods my head as i form my own conclusion in my mind. That the end is coming and this demon knows it. I find myself curious then why does it continue to fight then. Why does it always try to fight beyond what it doesn't deserve to fight? I look towards my own sword and shield as i question why do i fight? I have been near death and i know harder challenges await me, so why i do struggle against the inevitable? I find my hands gripping my curved sword and shield tightly as i look around at what i have done to get here and why i have done everything i have. To get out of those inns and try to fight enemies without direction. Make friends with Itzal and a few others. Make a promise to help others gain strength. Go on so many quests alone with only my familiar to keep my company during those days. I smile a bit as i think on this as i turn to the demon having my answer.

I do all this to get stronger. To protect those who can't protect themselves. To be able to reflect the hero that i look up to unlike anyone else. I fight for others because it is how my dad has raised me to be, and i follow his footsteps because it is the honorable thing to do. To help out those who can't defend themselves yet to allow others a good chance at life. To prevent things that can be prevented as long as you do so. I chuckle a bit as i remember my daily patrols of the floors as i can't help but compare that to a cop's patrol of the streets. To find those in need of help.

#90458  BD: 8  MD: 6(paralyzed)  Rage Blow: 10-3=7  DMG

[H:22]  Hestia: 325/340   Energy: 0/34

Demon 3: 14/170

Edited by Hestia