[F6-SP] The demons within <<Calming the Soul>>

I look towards the downed opponent and quickly moves in slicing along their body as fast as i can. Moving as fast as my body would allow me to move to try and harm this creature that is trying to take my image. I slash along their legs, then chest, and then the back along their spine as i come to a stop behind them as i grin seeing the health drop once more as i quickly correct my stance as i look around the home and the scenery that comes with this things image of how things should be. I look to my family feeling angered that someone would just kill without reason. To just kill without it being for the protection of others confusing and angering me greatly. I look towards this version of me as i wonder if i should give it some of its own medicine. To show that its ways are wrong by showing it what harm it causes others. What pain others feel from its actions.

#90625 BD: 8  MD:1  CD: 2  energy gain: +1   Bear Knock: 20 DMG

[H:20] Hestia:337/340   Energy: 1/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 100/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look towards the thing as it moves towards me with a grin as it holds its dagger it quickly charges forward and swings its blade downwards at me. In response i try to raise my shield to try and block the attack from reaching its intended goal of what seems to be my face. However, i don't notice the dagger quickly shifting from a face stab towards a slash along my chest of the armor that i wear. I take a few steps back and quickly swings my sword at the Vengeance as it dodges just barely out of the way some hair being cut off for my efforts in trying to do an actual strike that would do damage against it.  You don't see it yet but you're being consumed Ember give into the black fire that'll burn Aincrad asunder. You won't stand a chance you know that. It doesn't matter how long this fight will last you won't be able to overcome the ghosts of your past. To overcome how much of a horrible person you are on the inside. It says with a grin as it walks over to me with slow steps as i find myself backing away even though i have nothing to be afraid of this thing.

#90628  BD: 5 MD: 6 CD: 2   DE: 1(minimum)DMG    Thorns: 14 DMG Rage Blow: miss -2 energy

[H:20] Hestia:336/340   Energy: 1/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 86/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

Edited by Hestia

The demonic being that is me continues to just walk forward at me as my body is just retreating back matching the thing step for step as i am freaking out internally trying to overcome the fear that is bubbling inside me. I quickly think back towards the fights before this one and how they said every fight would lead to me fighting the thing that would have the most control over me in the end. It appears that thing is vengeance with the others trying to have built me up to face this thing, but i am squandering their lessons by being like a lion in a cage trapped and not knowing what to do. As my back gets pressed against a literal wall in this mind like room i quickly and just without thinking swing my sword which slashes along the quest of the demon causing it to stumble back grinning at this as it dashes forward closing the space from the attack and slicing along my cheek before backing away.

I cry out in slight pain from the attack as i touch my hand to it and then inspects it expecting to see blood. However, i am reminded i am in a video game when i see none just experiencing just life like responses to such a attack. I shake my head just reminding myself this isn't real and all just a game. If a messed up one at that.

#90629  BD: 10  MD: 9    Basic attack: 8-4=4 DMG    DE: 1(minimum)DMG

[H:22] Hestia:335/340   Energy: 2/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 82/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

Edited by Hestia

I get a bit of confidence after that first strike after having been backed into a corner at the cost of feeling some actual pain very weirdly enough. I quickly move forward and slash along this creature's chest as payback for what it did to me striking the paralyzed opponent who is unable to move. I look down towards this creature that keeps the ever present grin on its face as if to show that no matter what i do i could never truly harm it forever. The grip on my sword tightening before i take a calming breathe to try and keep a calm focused mind for everything knowing if i let anger get to me that i would have learned nothing from this event besides how to pick up my sword again. Not wanting that to be all i take from this lesson of fighting the inner beasts within me. Wishing to actually make a change about myself. To improve beyond what i currently am to try and become a less hateful being on the inside.

#90630 BD: 6 CD: 11 MD: 4 Basic Attack: 2 DMG  Energy: gain +2

[H:24] Hestia: 335/340  Energy: 4/34 (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic ember: 80/255 (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

Edited by Hestia

I frown a bit as this demonic version of me stands with a grin while holding its dagger. I look it over closer wondering why everything seems rather inverted in every manner. Like it was trying to be me but not totally exactly down to the letter. During the small moments to think that thought Demonic me was able to move close enough within striking range. I once again can only curse inwardly as i move to block the incoming attack. DE sees the attack coming and just chuckle as it ducks underneath the moving shield to avoid being hit in the head by it or my armored arm. Instead of attacking in the front like DE had plan it now slashes along my back while hissing slightly in pain as the thorns managed to hurt it once more. I grin happily at that luck as i back away having watched its health drop also when it had attacked me. I can't wait for the final moments. The moment where you kill me that is all i crave for my victory over your supposed pure and innocent soul. It says with a sick glee to its tone.

#90391  BD:3  CD: 12 MD: 6  DE:1(minimum)DMG  Thorns: 14 DMG   Bear Knock: miss Energy gain: -2

[H:24] Hestia:334/340   Energy: 2/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 66/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

Edited by Hestia

You will never change me you should know this by now. I won't kill you- I get cut off by DE interrupting me and sounding rather angry and pissed off while doing. You will kill me no human should be able to resist their base impulses. All you are, are animals just waiting to let loose and harm those around you. You only care for yourselves and nobody else, so why don't you all just end each other already so none of you actually care. It roars in anger as it charges at me with dagger in hand as it starts to swing wildly with the strikes coming close each time, but i am able to block each one at the last second with a determined look not wanting to prove this thing right in anyway. To prove i am better then the people who are the lowest in this society. To prove i won't sink to their level to get back at them for hurting the ones i care for. Instead i will do anything in my power to help protect those that can't and to do things legally in helping those criminals get the help they need.

#90632 BD: 8 CD:9  MD:5  energy gain: +2  Basic attack: 2 DMG

[H:26] Hestia:334/340   Energy: 4/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 64/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

Edited by Hestia

I sigh softly at hearing those words as i know them to be true and false at the same time in multiple aspects. That society is rather focused on taking care of themselves over others so people seem like they don't care at all anymore. That people seemingly only are for themselves and nobody else in this world,and that we are all closed off from each other and don't wish to speak to each other. However, there is another side to that coin like their is two sides to everything. Their is also others who do things selfishly or form organizations to help out those who are less fortunate then they are. That some people dedicate their entire lives to helping people that most others would just ignore in trying to improve themselves. To me this is something i can't ignore in any fashion. This is why i pushed to be as helpful as i can in every aspect of my life. To try and help out my family above all else and helping out those i could with what i can with my skills. To help out those who are to weak themselves which i am doing in this game in a very physical manner.

I quickly charge forward and starts cutting into the demon thinking it might be best to just try and end it as fast as possible to put this thing out of its misery. To extinguish this flame in me since it has no place within me for improving my being. That being hateful and holding this grudge will just hinder me then actually help. I just need to do my best to overcome it in the real world also once i leave this place.

#90634  BD: 9  MD:6 (paralyzed)  Energy gain: -3   Bear Knock: 7x4=28-4=24

[H:28] Hestia:334/340   Energy: 1/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 40/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

I watch the after affects of my attack happen as the demon is paralyzed fully unable to move in any sense of the word as i nod my head knowing this will help in putting out this things misery of always being hateful. To feel nothing but hate to something it barely even known from just being a emotion. I glance around this area and decides to correct myself mentally. Obviously this thing knows quite a bit but not enough to fully grasp the full picture of why things are as they are now. To know that the world isn't only hate their is good in this place also. That their isn't only blind wrath but peace and unity among people also. I quickly rush towards the downed opponent and starts slashing into them as i watch their health drop with the attack i do against his body. I grin a bit as i feel like i could just end this by using Rage Blow as much as i can. I just hope i don't miss or this could start going badly in terms of having to wait more for my basic attacks to get me back up towards sufficient energy usage for a sword art.

#90635 BD:6 CD: 10 MD:10 (paralyzed)   Rage Blow:12-4=8 DMG     energy gain: +0

[H:30] Hestia:334/340   Energy: 1/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 32/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

Edited by Hestia

Stop fighting and just give up. Why don't you understand your place in this world is to always take revenge on the ones who wrong you! Stop trying to be this goody two shoes those useless people you call parents raised you as! It yells at me in anger as my blood runs cold at hearing that as i glare and rush forward and stab them right through as i glare at them my face a inch from theirs. Don't you dare insult my parents you good for nothing, non-existential being. Just fade out with these attacks and fade from my reality. You are nothing like me you hateful freak. I say in pure anger not allowing anyone to insult my family in any form especially my father who lived and died for the protection of the innocent. I would never let anyone insult his image since i know he is a hero who deserves respect from everyone for trying to help out as much people as he could. I grin even more seeing this demonic figure become paralyzed before it could speak again.

#90636   BD: 9 MD:4 CD: 7 energy gain: +0  Rage Blow: 7x2=14-4=10DMG

[H:30] Hestia:334/340   Energy: 1/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 22/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

I look down and quickly slashes once more into this paralyzed demonic like being as it receives a slash along its easy to hit chest. I look over this figure and realizes it is not wearing any armor to speak of in any form. It is just wearing casual clothing like i would wear on any normal day of the weak. Seeing that makes me more mad then i think it should in any other situation. I can't think on why it would be honestly just being rather angered and flustered at seeing this as all i can think of is to end this things life and to get back my own and to make everything right with this. Then in the very far back of my mind i also think on how i wouldn't mind getting as much sleep as possible after this. Thinking i deserve such a rest after having to deal with all this craziness and all these emotions that practically feel taxing on their own if you don't include any physical strain of fighting into that which just adds more exhaustion.

#90637 BD: 7 CD:9  MD: 6 (paralyzed)  Rage Blow:8 DMG           energy gain: +0

[H:32] Hestia:334/340   Energy: 1/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 14/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

I watch as the demonic figure that is my vengeance slowly gets up looking tired and haggered as it glares at me as if questioning why i am fighting it as i just give back a cold look of hatred and indifference as i slowly make my way over towards it. I will make you feel everything you did here and more Vengeance. You aren't me just a aspect that i would rather get rid of as much as possible. To hold grudges against people have absolutely no use in my life. To hold grudges against other prevent people from actually trying to understand each other don't you get it? I ask vengeance who just looks at me as if i just asked the dumbest question in the world. You don't care. Nobody cares just die. It says weakly before charging forward and swinging its dagger as much as it can as i block the strikes with my shield as i plunge my curved sword into them a bit before pulling out as Vengeance back peddles away while holding the area where i stabbed him in pain.

#90638 BD:9 MD: 4  CD: 4   energy gain:-1 Rage Blow:10 DMG

[H:34] Hestia:334/340   Energy: 0/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 4/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

I see the demon's health be practically non-existent but yet it continues to fight futility against me as i wonder what is driving it i look around and sees my mind's interpretation of Vengeance's killing of those i hold dear. I turn towards her and just smiles sadly and says. I forgive you Vengeance. Lets just put this behind us okay? I say in a gentle tone offering a chance for things to be made right. Doing what should've been done at the beginning before the fighting all began. A simple statement of forgiveness to show i have let go of all the emotions tied to this event. I smile as i say softly. I'm sorry dad for not letting go you can rest peacefully knowing i have learned now. I say softly as the bodies disappear as the reasons for vengeance slowly fade as the house scenery stays but it looks much more happier all around like the atmosphere has changed. Vengeance just does a wild swing that i dodge as it glares at me. You think just forgiving will save you! It won't! You'll hate them always stop acting like you won't! Vengenace says frustrated and angrily at me.

#90639 BD: 2 CD: 11 MD: 5  Energy gain: +2

[H:34] Hestia:334/340   Energy: 2/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 4/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

You're right i won't. But i can always do better then what i am now. I can try to forgive so that when i meet them i won't do something drastic. I say to Vengeance who just charges and swings its dagger towards me getting one last hit before realizing it hit my thorns. Hmph whatever guess i don't get a say now. Just know that i don't approve of this being taken lightly Ember. Become the inferno you are meant to be to destroy or heal this falling world. Vengeance says with a laugh as it then shatters into nothing. I nod my head in understanding as a door appear unlike the others. This door being the simple of a waterfall. I walk over towards it and opens the door as i cover my eyes as i find myself back where i was meditating. I smile a bit as i feel a lot better now as i slowly get up off of the rock that i was sitting on.

I stretch out my body popping the joints that got a bit locked up and stiff during my rest for however much time i spent during that. I check the clock in the game and it informs me it has been hours while being their shocking me for the amount of time spent in that process. I look towards my familiar who is lazing on the ground napping. Hey Kuro? what are you doing come on we have a meeting with Havok tomorrow we can rest tonight at the shop. I tell my familiar who perks up upon hearing my voice being normal and seeing me being normal. He flies over and tackles me and starts licking my face as i giggle happily to see that Kuro does care for my health a lot if this is his reaction.

#90640 BD: 9 MD: 6 CD: 1   DE: 1(minimum) Thorns: 14 DMG

[H:34] Hestia:334/340   Energy: 2/34  (+1 damage do to matriarch's stinger)

Demonic Ember: 0/255  (15 DMG, 4 MIT)

I sigh happily as i start to make my way back towards the teleporter feeling a whole lot better about myself and about the days to come in the future and the current one i am living in. As i walk along the path i grin catching something i didn't see while in my slump of walking this path. As i walk over to it i pull the item in question out as i find for myself a nice little chest that could hold infinite possibilities within it. I grin happily as i take out my sword ready to open this the way that only i know how to do. Jam my sword into it and start wiggling it like a prop to see if i can pop it open by confusing the lock within it. Kuro seems just as excited at getting this opportunity at finding a chest both knowing this means we can get some items we normally wouldn't which would be extremely useful. I grin a bit at the thought of maybe finding a really amazing things like Havok can do with his better looting chances he seems to have.

#90642  LD: 18 Chest Found

Edited by Hestia

I slam my sword into the chest as i grin happily seeing that it wasn't a mimic being a extremely good positive for me since i like to live above all else in this game. I jostle my sword around rather quickly and violently trying to pop the chest open which works after several minutes. I raise my blade and gives it a gentle rub along the metallic part of it in appreciation for all its work and for staying together through all the abuse i put it through over the very relatively smart amount of time that i have been doing this. I pause at that and wonder how long have i actually been questing at this point. I have lost track of how much time has been passing already for me as i find myself curious of what time has passed between then and now. Wanting to try and form a good idea how fast i will go in strength over time. I

I see the items pop up for what i got for opening the chest i nod my head with a smile at that as i make my way over towards the teleporter feeling successful and rather pleased with myself if i have to say anything about that. I look around and just smiles very happily once i reach the teleporter. Teleport, Snowforst. I say as i leave the sixth floor not to return for some time till i am stronger.

#90644 LD: 13  COL:600, 5 T1 Mats, rare unidentified weapon, 2 rare unidentified consumables.

Summary:

Hestia: 2200 COL, 5 T1 Mats, Rare Unidentified Weapon 2 rare Unidentified consumables, 6 SP,

Gained Extra Skill: Meditation

5 Ranks

Post Action

Effect:

Recover X Energy on natural CD rolls of 10+ (X=Rank Level)

Description: Recover small amounts of energy in battle. The amount recovered is X.