[PP-03] Worn Out Welcome (Etherial, Hestia)

Walking out of the Inn on the 3rd floor, Etherial walked over near the middle of the town and sat down on one of the benches trying to figure out what she wants to do for today. She coulnd’t figure out if she wants to do a quest and try to get better gear or try and meet more players and see if they can help her going in the game. As she sat down on the bench the breeze picked up blowing her skirt up as she tries to hold it down as there are other male players around and she knows that they're all perverts that are going to look. Etherial looks in front of her seeing a strange player sitting there acting like he hasn’t seen anything she started to blush and tilted to the right so her skirt is hidden behind her arms. Etherial feels so embarrass just for the fact there so many boys around and she knows they're going to hit on her.

@Hestia

I enter the teleporter on the second floor having not found any players who could use help. I then teleport up towards the third floor as i look around not finding anyone initially. I look towards my companion Kuro who starts to walk ahead as i follow him. Letting my familiar lead since he knows every inch of these towns by now along with myself. I just trust Kuro more since he has seen it from a aerial view of the place. Along my path i pass by many shops, and people as i make my way towards where i usually wait. I then notice a girl with white hair and clothing with the clothes having a bit of black in them. I grin a bit and walk over towards the girl as i look at her. My apparel being that of a casual black tee, and pants. Excuse me miss do you need any help with anything? I ask this woman curiously knowing she isn't a player if the green cursor over her is anything to go by. My familair Kuro laying on the ground at my feet to get some rest from the constant walking.

Etherial looks up seeing a girl with black hair and a casual outfit on standing right over her. “Umm.. Yes… I need help. But first can we get out of here so I dont have these boys staring at me.” She starts to get up and runs behind this lady making sure there’s no more men looking at her. “Sorry I really don't like boy’s looking at me. Can we please go somewhere else.” She looked around notice that she's wearing nothing but white with some black. Explains why the men are looking at her like that but still they can keep their tongue in there mouths. She looks over to this boy behind her that staring right at her. “I have you know its rude to stare. Go fine someone else to look at.” She gets really snobby with him as she quickly looks aways with a snobby attitude.

I chuckle a bit at your attitude towards men. Finding it a bit uncalled for but doesn't call you out on it yet figuring you have your reasons. I take your hand and leads you away from prying eyes of people towards a place where i know not many people go to. I lead you towards a nice little fountain that has no one in sight of it. I sit you down on a bench and sits beside you. Okay my name is Hestia how about yours miss? I ask in a gentle tone with a smile. Wanting to help you be comfortable. Also this is my familiar Kuro. I say gesturing to the little lion with wings. Whose fur is as white as snow and wings as black as night. Mirroring your outfit style quite nicely in terms of colors. So what brings you to the third floor? I ask you curiously as we set on a bench by the water fountain as the sound of it fills the area as we talk.

Etherial smiles. “My name is Etherial. I’m actually new to the game. Someone told me there’s a quest that gives you armor for free so I figured I try to do it but I was actually trying to find someone that wanted to come help me.” She smiled as she kept her hands near her skirt thinking that there are boys somewhere watching. “Oh… Sorry how I reacted to that boy. It’s hard to explain and I don't feel comfortable talking about it if that’s alright with you.” She looks down for a few seconds. “So you wouldn’t happen to know where this quest is do you?” She looks up and looks at Kuro as she smiles to see something like this that looks so cute and has the same colours as her clothing. “I’m sorry I’m also self conscious about myself. I really don’t like people looking at me like those boys were.”

As i hear this i nod my head fine with you not telling me the why. Figuring you would tell me in time as you get more comfortable around myself, or i can go with my instinct that something happened between you and a boy you had known, or possibly a even worse case then just a boy having touching you inappropriately once on only one spot. Well etherial i do know where the quest is. I say with a smile as i take your hand and leads you over to the shop knowing this might not go well considering how the male shop keeper is. Knowing he isn't the kindness person unlike his wife. Okay Etherial i will help you out with this quest. I can help you survive this one and mostly anyone after that as long as we take things one step at a time. I say kindly with a smile as we walk through the town. Starting to get back towards the streets where NPCs and players are roaming.

• 3 weeks later...

Etherial smiled. “Thank you” as she continues to follow her to the shop. Looking around she sees how amazing this floor. She smiles as she then approaches to the door of the shop knowing that there's a crazy old man inside. She knows it’s not a real man she grab a hold of the shop’s door and opens it. Opening up the door, she walks inside seeing the owner and his wife. “Hestia… This man already scars me and he hasn’t say anything yet.” she whispers to her as she tries to make it look like she’s not scared but she really is. Walking up to the counter she looks behind seeing Hestia right behind her as she feels relief that someone is there if something happens. Etherial smiles once again as she receives a quest icon on her panel. As she reads what the quest is she quickly accepts the quest as she turns to Hestia and walks towards her.

@Hestia

I smile as i follow you into the shop my familiar Kuro following behind me also. I hear that you are scared as i give you a small hug as i realize that this is a legitimate fear of some type. It does make me curious what the source is, and how i could go about helping you through this. I grin as i form the first part in my mind in helping you get over your fear of men already by showing you one that wouldn't ever in his life doing anything to harm people unless they had evil intent.  It's okay Etherial everything is alright. I say in a big sisterly way myself not noticing that i am doing so. Just being very use to doing this from having a little sister back in the real world. What do you two lasses want? The gruff voice of the man says as the wife immediately says. Oh don't be frightened by my husband he is just a bit upset at the fact that we've had a little problem lately. She says in a optimistic tone.

Little problem. The man says in a irritated voice. That elf has been stealing from our supplies for days! If i can get someone to beat that elf i would make them the weapons that i intended to! he says rather frustrated. Don't worry sure my friend here Etherial will kill that elf problem of yours no problem. I say with a smile after you hit accept since that was the prompt. The man nods. Fine then you kill that elf and you get the gear you want for free. Now then get!. He says waving his hand as i lead you outside of the shop and looks to you. You doing okay? I ask curiously.

Etherial staring into space after hearing her ask if she was okay. “Ye… Yeah I’m alright.” Etherial gives a little smile as she grabs a hold of Hestia’s hand as she follows Hestia to the quest site.”

“Hey… How are you not so scared about this game? I mean one screw up can kill you in this game. Don’t you think about home knowing that if you mess up once here could change that forever.” Etherial doesn’t looks to scared after she equipped her rapier as she was already ready to fight this elf even though she knows that she’s only a level 1.

Etherial looks at herself smiles as she looks like a fierce fighter ready to beat this game. Etherial in real life is a scared girl with a fear of men. In this game she’s hoping she can overcome that fear and show them that she’s a brave woman that would be a great leader in combat.

I nod my head glad that you're alright emotionally and such as i chuckle a bit as you hold my hand as i find it adorable that you are acting almost like a little sister at this point. I don't pull your hand away since i figure it is a comfort thing you do when around other people. With that i lead you towards the forest of Wavering Mist since that is where the quest is located. With players able to tell when they're getting close do to the mist that will be their and then get thicker over time, and if a player is unlucky the sounds of spiders legs against the wood of the trees. I'm not scared since i know i can't be. I say rather simple with a shrug. Cause if i worried about that every moment i wouldn't be able to help players like you out Etherial. That is my job that i have dedicated myself to doing. Helping out lower leveled players as much as possible, and any player really if i'm able to help. Since they deserve the help as much as anyone else. For the greater chance of survival is important. I say with a grin.

To fight in this game their is something that is important. Never get in over your head. Be brave to face death since that is your only chance of escape. Never allow yourself to die easily fight for every inch that you can to stay alive. The last rule that i deem the most important never go it alone since people working together is the foundation for getting out of here. Solo players won't last long and don't help forge bonds that are important for great teamwork. I say with a smile and nod my head. Why do you think guilds are formed? it is because people know unity is what wins these games.

She smiles as she blushes a little noticing that she’s literally holding this girl’s hand. Etherial isn’t gay and doesn’t think she actually like girls but for some reason she thinks it feels right when she holds other girl’s hands. It make her feel calm and safe. She’s only hold one man's hand and felt safe besides her father and that boy passed away when they were 8 and basically ever since then she didn’t really trust men.

Approaching the forest she starts seeing a very thick layer of mist in the air as she grabs a hold of her rapier. “By the way. I don’t mean it be rude but how old are you?” she ask with a smile. Ethieral seems really calm like nothing bothering her. Even though she is a support role she want to show Hestia that she can attack as well even though it’s going to be a rough start.

I notice the mist starting to appear and then slowly as we go deeper into this forest it gets thicker and thicker. I however don't take out my weapon just continue to hold your hand knowing that for this fight i don't ever really need to take out my weapon since i won't be fighting. Leaving that task to you since if i got involved the fight would be over within just a single strike. I wish to see how well you do in a fight against a enemy. I am 19 when i first got in here. If it has been a year i'm now 20. I say after thinking for a bit realizing i hadn't taken the passage of time into saying what my real age is. I nod my head and keeps that number within my head now realizing that is the case now at this point.  What about yourself Etherial? What age are you? I ask out of curiosity wondering how old this girl with me is currently. Since she had asked a similar question it is only fair to ask in return.

While asking this i am keeping an eye out for any signs of a elf be it a normal or dark elf that is hidden within this forest. My familiar Kuro is flying a little bit above us and trying to use his senses to tell where possible enemies could be at.

• 3 weeks later...

Etherial starts to stare at the ground, thinking about her question. She was 18 when she joined the game so that means she’s 19 now. It doesn’t seem like a year but when you kind of sheltered yourself from everything in this game you tend to just lose time. “I… I’m 19. I was 18 when we started.” She looked ahead and sees nothing but mist. She’s not to scared anymore. In matter of fact she feels fine like something just hit her like she needs to beat this game. After all there’s someone she wants to see back at home. The only boy that she trusted… the only one she likes. Besides he one those popular kids in school. She had one friend and she was from another town. No one even knew she exist in her school but she okay with that. It just means she never got bullied.

I nod my head with a gentle smile as i keep us walking through the wavering mist forest as we look for this elf that is hiding within it. I keep my senses peeled for any odd movements through the mist as i look to you. So then Etherial are you prepared to take down this elf? I ask you curiously in a gentle tone of voice still being careful with my tone since i don't know how you are doing currently. Only able to make educated guesses based on your posture and such as we walk along. I do wonder though how much life has changed for everyone in this game after being trapped here for a year? Have former couples split up, have families given up hope? How have siblings changed and how will this affect the education of those who were in school. Then most of all the most frightening part. Will this cause some sort of PTS in everyone here when we're brought back to this world by seeing or hearing something back in the real one.

• 4 months later...

Etherial looks at her. “I’m alright…” She smiles as then she respond to her question. “I should be.. If I’m not I know your going to be there to protect me.” She continues to smile as she can barely see in front of her. Looking over at Hestia, she smiles and she squeezes her hand that she is holding. “Are you ready?” she asked as she grabs a hold of her rapier waiting to see this elf jump out and attack her. She stares in front of her thinking about home and her family spacing out now thinking about what Hestia would say with her question. See her family losing hope in her coming back is one thing she hates to see. Part of her doesn’t want to be here but the other want to just so she doesn’t see her parent sad because she’s stuck in here and potentially on he edge of death.

@Hestia

Yeah i am ready Etherial lets go beat up a quest mob. i say with a nod of my head as i walk along with you as we make our way through the forest where the elf is hiding supposedly. I gaze around the area scanning it for the location of the elf in question until i spot the figure as it charges towards you and i just simply step in front and activate howl making it target me and to just kill it with my armor. Wishing to make sure that you can get through this quest safely. Knowing that some of these quests can be dangerous for people who are only level one, and thus needing someone like myself to make sure they can get through it until they gain a few more levels, and more importantly some more damage to be able to for sure kill these creatures without dying unnecessarily. I watch as he simply strikes my armor bending his weapon into nothing as i bash his face with my shield killing him on the spot. Sorry buddy not happening. I say towards the already killed creature as he drops the item for the quest as i then toss it towards you. here you go Etherial. Now come on time to head back towards the blacksmith fella. I say with a nod of my head.

#99979  MD:7+1=8  1 DMG Thorns: 54

Hestia: 1284/1285

Dark Elf: 0/12   Damage per Attack: 9

She looks at her with surprise. “Y…y…you killed it in one shot. That was awesome.” As she receives the item and smiles at her. “Thanks” she replies in a soft gentle tone. She turns around and starts to walk back towards the blacksmith workshop. Looking at her noticing she doesn’t look to happy as she kept walking without saying anything. Its almost like she feels bad for dragging her out here to do some stupid quest. She drops her head as she started to tear up thinking she’s a big loser. Closing her eyes still imaging the real world again hoping she can get out of this death game and back home. “Sorry if I’m wasting your time…I’m sure you have other things you can do but you’re here with me helping trying to level me up as much as you can.” She looks back up smiling thinking that she might of made her first friend here.

@Hestia

Well it wasn't really even in one shot. I didn't touch the mob he just killed himself upon my thorns. I say with a small chuckle as i rub the back of my head as i walk with you back towards the blacksmith shop as i notice the look and moves over and gives you a small hug. hey come on now don't look so sad Etherial. There isn't any reason to be. You are about to complete you first quest with no issue at all. I say in a gentle tone of voice towards the girl, and once i hear her speak up i just smile a bit sadly. You're not wasting my time Etherial i do things like this everyday while i am within this game. helping out players who could be in need of someone with my skill set. Be it in the forms of high leveled players needing a tank that can match the quest type, or low leveled players who are in need of a tank to make it through the quest because there aren't many of those around at the moment. I do both, and i make sure that everyone can make it out with great success.I fight to protect everyone that i can, and i protect since it is the thing that i have dedicated my life to. You don't need to feel bad about having me with you, or thinking that i could be wasting my time. Since you are not. I tell you with a nod of my head.

She looks at her as she stops. “I want to get out of here… I miss my mom and dad.” She starts to cry as she falls to her knees. She looks down as her face is full of tears. Sitting there thinking about home isn’t helping she need to get back up and level up and work on getting out of here. She stands back up as she sees how late its getting. By the time they get back its probably be best to get some rest before picking another quest to do. As they keep walking down the path in the worst she notice the mist is slowly lighting up as she can see more than a few meters in front of her. “So why did you wanted to help me in the first place?” she already knows the answer but she wanted to hear it from her own ears. She looks over at her seeing how this girl is suited up into some decent gear… She looks down at her seeing her wearing her basic gear but its okay she knows Hestia will help her get better gear.

@Hestia

Edited by Etherial

i get on the ground beside you and just hugs you closely to me the inner big sister coming out once more as i look towards the girl. It is okay Etherial. I know you miss home. We all do. We all want to escape, but we push pass the misery that is thinking of the real world and make the most of this one like we have for the past two years. We just get up and continue fighting to beat this game so we can escape this game and get back towards the real world. I say in a soft and gentle tone of voice. Once i can hear the tears and such slowly stop i get up from my feet and switches my armor and such back into my normal vanity clothing as i then lead you towards the direction of where the blacksmith shop should be so we can end this quest. I helped you out since it was the right thing to do. Because you looked like you needed help. Is there really any other reason to help people out? I say sounding a bit confused by the concept of wanting to help others for some kind of profit or gain.