[PP-F3] Dark Elf Hunt <<Worn Out Welcome>> [Complete]

Pinball watched as the two both missed their next attacks. "Aw, damn. Don't worry, I'll get 'em again!" Pinball got into a half-crouch, activating the <<Side Bite>> Sword Art. He refrained from releasing it just yet, however. As he watched, the Dark Elf struggled to it's feet, the stun effect wearing off. Just as it seemed to regain its balance, Pinball released the Sword Art, his emerald dagger slicing deep into the Dark Elf's side. The Stun effect once again took hold, and the Dark Elf dropped to its knees, immobolized. "Rad! Have at it!" Pinball flipped his dagger up and down, in a playful, yet cocky manner. He had hit the monster twice, and such luck was unusual for him. He would usually only succeed at doing something just to fail miserably his second attempt. But, evidently, the odds were in his favor today. Maybe it was a sign; something showing him that he was growing stronger, getting faster, increasing his odds of survival. But he couldn't be sure. "We sure are kickin' the hell outta this thing, aren't we?" The question wasn't quite directed at anyone in particular, just the boasting of a youth who had an excuse to be proud. 

Combat: 

Spoiler

~COMBAT~

ID# 91102

BD: 8 + 1 = 9 (Hit! No crit.)  MD: 10  {Stunned} 

Pinball uses <<Side Bite>>, 3 * 2 = 6 Dmg! Dark Elf is stunned for {1} turn. 

- 5 EN

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

{Stunned} Dark Elf: HP 26/50 / 9 DMG 

- Players -

{H:1} Mina: HP 80/80 / EN 4/8 4 DMG / 9 MIT / 3 ACC 1 EVA

{H:2} Pinball: HP 200/200 / EN 10/20 / 3 DMG / 9 MIT 

{H:0} KrystaHP 60/60 / EN 4/6 / 4 DMG / 18 MIT 

@Krysta 

Edited by Pinball

Just how difficult was this starting to be? Mina's next attack failed to land, although Pinball did successfully strike the foe and refresh the stun effect. "Well, we sure are trying to!" She hoped her next attack would land this time. Apparently not. She missed by about a centimeter this time, exactly how was unknown. Perhaps it all really was hit or miss... Nevertheless, she was going to persevere. "How??? Just how did I miss this time also??" She really was confused over how she ended up wasting energy, twice, on a stunned Dark Elf. It just wasn't possible. The numbers didn't add up. She had moved closer and such, but the question still in her mind was how exactly did she miss a stunned target twice in a row? "*Sigh* We'll just have to keep trying. I'll land a hit somehow..." She also hoped that the enemy would end up stunned again.

@Mina @Pinball

ID# 91103 BD: 4(Miss)

Rip Ravine: Missed!

[1] Mina: HP 80/80, EP 4/8

[2] Pinball: HP 200/200, EP 10/20

Krysta: HP 60/60, EP 2/6

Enemies:

Dark Elf: HP 26/50, {Stunned}

Edited by Krysta

Seeing as how Krysta missed her hit again, Mina grimaced. This was starting to be a tough fight, but thankfully with Pinball's stun, they were able to pull through. Mina had all but one sword art left, but gauging from their previous attempts, maybe the system had a glitch in which sword arts didn't work against stunned enemies. Or maybe they were just plain unlucky, or not proficient enough with their blades yet. The latter seemed more likely, as Mina only had a few battling experiences throughout the few weeks that she have been trapped inside here. But this time, she was determined to hit the creature, not with a sword art, but a standard attack. If they continued hitting accurately with normal attacks, the creature would be down in 3-4 turns. And judging from their HP, they'll be able to last, even if the creature wasn't stunned. One thing is, if the Elf didn't drop the quest material, they'll have to go through it all over again. Shuddering at that thought, she gripped the hilt of her blade, aiming straight for the creature, hitting it precisely on the chest. "We can do this!"

@Krysta @Pinball

Spoiler

~COMBAT~

ID# 91104

BD: 7 + 3 = 10 (Hit! No crit.)  MD: 7  {Stunned} 

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

{Stunned} Dark Elf: HP 22/50 / 9 DMG 

- Players -

{H:2} Pinball: HP 200/200 / EN 10/20 / 3 DMG / 9 MIT 

{H:0} KrystaHP 60/60 / EN 4/6 / 4 DMG / 18 MIT 

"Well, I think it'd just be cruel if I kept stunning it. Plus, it's not like I can keep doing that forever. So..." Pinball jumped back, giving himself enough room for a running start. He activated a Sword Art, not Side Bite, but <<Round Accel>>, the other Sword Art available to him. In comparison to Side Bite, Round Accel was a lot more forgiving when it came to Energy consumption. And, seeing as how Pinball had already reached his halfway point for energy in two hits, it was high time for a shift in strategy. "Alright," he muttered, releasing the Sword Art. He charged at the Dark Elf, who was just now recovering from its stun. Pinball's dagger bore into it relentlessly, and the boy landed a long, red, pixelated gash across the Dark Elf's torso. However, the Dark Elf, finally able to move again, managed to land a hit on the boy who had held it back for so long. As Pinball finished the Sword Art, the Dark Elf was quick enough to land a hit across Pinball's back. But, the leather chestplate he wore protected him. The Dark Elf's attack was a solid one, but one that barely even effected Pinball's HP bar visibly. With a grunt, Pinball jumped back, pointing his dagger at the Dark Elf. "Its got its attention on me, so just focus on attacking it! I'll take the hits for you all.

Combat: 

Spoiler

~COMBAT~

ID# 91110

BD: 9 (Small Crit!)  MD: 9 (+1 Dmg!)

Pinball uses <<Round Accel>> on Dark Elf ~ 3+1= 4 * 2 = 8 Dmg! 

Dark Elf attacks Pinball ~ 9 + 1 dmg - 9 Mit = 1 Dmg! 

- 2 EN 

Critical Hit = +2 Hate, Pinball 

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

Dark Elf: HP 14/50 / 9 DMG 

- Players -

{H:4} Pinball: HP 199/200 / EN 8/20 / 3 DMG / 9 MIT 

@Krysta 

Edited by Pinball

Krysta was going to strike her foe this time, she was sure that she would. She readied her sword art as she rushed for her enemy. She came at her foe with Rip Ravine, and successfully hit the Dark Elf this time around. It wouldn't be long now, just two basic attacks or a successful sword art should finish it. "I think he's been weakened! We might be able to finish him off with two attacks or one sword art!" They were almost done with this fight, and it was going faster than first anticipated. Although, it was also rather annoying to have failed to land a strike or two twice in a row. "I don't know if this fight will finish or persist. Either way, I won't stop now. If my allies fail to strike it, it means that I will have to finish it off. That being known, I must be ready for anything..."

@Mina @Pinball

ID# 91156 BD: 8(Hit)

Rip Ravine: 4x2=8

[1] Mina: HP 80/80, EP 4/8

[2] Pinball: HP 200/200, EP 8/20

[1] Krysta: HP 60/60, EP 0/6

Enemies:

Dark Elf: HP 6/50

Edited by Krysta

Noting what Krysta had said about the enemy dying with two hits or one sword art, Mina chose to do the latter on her turn right now, preferring to finish the fight rather than dragging it on. Based on past experiences, they might not get the loot on their first Dark Elf, they had to kill more maybe, just like how she did during her beginner's quest. But, it was still better to keep her hopes up. That's right, a self-fulfilling prophecy. If they believed that the Elf will drop the loot, it will drop. Likewise, if Mina believed her sword art will hit, then it will. Concentrating on the enemy in front of her, she dashed straight forward, her blade lighting up with a red glow. “Have a taste of this!” She exclaimed, the system assisting her in the three strikes of <Snake Bite>, and the Dark Elf shattered into crystals before it could even register what had happened. And there it was, the material needed for the quest! Tossing it to Krysta for her to keep it, Mina gave a bright smile to the other two. “We’re done.”

@Krysta @Pinball

Spoiler

ID# 91158

BD: 8+3= 11 (Hit!)  MD: 9 (Dead)

Mina uses <<Snake Bite>> on Dark Elf ~ 4 * 3 = 12 Dmg! 

~HEALTH / STATUS~ 

- Enemies -

Dark Elf: HP 0/50 / 9 DMG  

- Players -

{H:1} Mina: HP 80/80 / EN 2/8 4 DMG / 9 MIT / 3 ACC 1 EVA

{H:4} Pinball: HP 199/200 / EN 8/20 / 3 DMG / 9 MIT 

As the Dark Elf shattered into pieces, Pinball couldn't help but letting out a loud laugh. "We did it!" Mina tossed the material to Krysta, and Pinball put his dagger back into its scabbard. "Man, that was really fun. I guess all we have to do now is return the material to the blacksmith, huh?" Pinball's smile began to fade a bit. His adventure with the two girls was almost over, and then they would go their seperate ways. Damn, it kinda sucks. It really was fun, he thought, putting his hands in his pockets. He had enjoyed his time with the two, and he was sad that their questing was over so soon. Well, it can't be helped. It was fun while it lasted.  

Pinball turned around, about to start walking back the way they came, when something caught his eyes. It was hidden in the bushes, but the size of the item compromised its stealthiness. It was a treasure quest! "Oh, guys! Check it," he shouted, pulling back the bushes to reveal the Treasure Chest. "You know what this means, right?" A smile crept across the boy's visage, and he took a seat in front of the chest, leaning an arm against the box proudly. "I'll open it, if you don't mind," he said, then, hurriedly explaining himself, as he didn't want to sound rude, "since I don't know if it'll be a mimic. With me around, a mimic would be a lot harder to fight than that Dark Elf, and I wouldn't want any of you two in the way if it tries to bite an arm off.

Searching: 

Spoiler

ID# 

LD: 12 + 3 = 15 (Treasure Chest found!) 

1 Treasure Chest found, will be opened on Pinball's next turn. 

((OOC EDIT: I probably should have asked before searching. sorry sorry ;-;))

Edited by Pinball

(OOC: It's all right, I don't mind the chest search)

Clearly, everyone wanted this fight to be over with. Mina used a sword art and attacked the Dark Elf, finishing him off. The foe dropped the needed material, and tossed it over to Krysta, who caught it with little trouble. "Glad to know that's over." From what Krysta could tell, Pinball rather enjoyed this little venture, and she could easily say that she did as well. However, it would have felt much better, too, if there was no death that killed you in real life in this game. Sadly, injustice currently reigns here, and something had to be done... Pinball spotted a chest, and revealed it to the other two. "If it's not a mimic, could it have been a treasure hoard that the Dark Elf was possibly even guarding? The possibilities sure are boundless, that's for certain..." Krysta thought about it, then asked the other two players, Mina and Pinball, "Do you ever wonder why these chests are everywhere, though? For all we know, this chest might actually have been the Dark Elf's property before we killed him, though, if that's true...I guess he won't be needing it anymore..."

@Mina @Pinball

OOC: I don't mind the chest search too, all is cool ^^

Mina smiled with relief, feeling slightly proud of herself to deal the killing blow to the Dark Elf. Partying with people makes it certainly easier to hunt for monsters, with more damage dealt and more people to look out for your well-being, especially in a death game like this. "Good job people!" As they were about to start walking back, Pinball spotted a treasure chest, revealing it to the other two, before requesting to open it himself, which Mina agreed to it. After all, what matters was fun and enjoyment and friends to hang out with, fight with, stay together with, and she could see that Pinball thoroughly enjoyed this adventure. Just then, Krysta asked them a question, which Mina found it hard to seek an answer to. "In games, chests like this are everywhere, serving as a reward to those who happen to stumble across it, it doesn't really have any meaning to it. But here... maybe what you said is correct... most of the characters here have their own lives, just look at the NPCs around, maybe even monsters have it too? Maybe the reason why it fought us was to protect their territory..." Maybe Mina was just thinking too much, but that seemed to be a possibility.

@Krysta @Pinball

Pinball listened to the two's ideas, greatly interested in what they had to say. But, the anticipation was swelling up inside of him, until he wasn't able to hold back. "Alright, moment of truth. Let's get to it, eh?" A nervous chuckle escaped his lips, as his trembling hand reached for the latch of the wooden crate. The possibility that it was a mimic was always present, and he wasn't sure the fight would go as smoothly as it went with the Dark Elf, not with him around. Pinball, wincing a bit, opened the chest quickly, and jumped backwards, reaching for his dagger. But, no monster sprang forwards to bite his arm off, arrows didn't spring forth from the box, impaling him. No, instead of a monster, a small window appeared in front of Pinball, listing off the rewards. "Holy... This is.. Wow." Pinball couldn't believe his luck.

Spinning around, he laughed, and asked the both of them, "So, how do we want to split this?" He showed them the list of rewards, smiling widely. "How lucky can you get?" Someone was going to end up getting more than the rest of them, and Pinball didn't want an argument to break out. "Someone is going to end up getting more than the other twoLet's try not to kill each other over this, yeah?"

Opening Treasure Chest: 

Spoiler

ID# 91226

LD: 17 (Success!)  

Rewards~ 

• {450} Col 
  • {8} Materials 
  • {1} <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Shield>>
  • {2} <<Unidentified T1 Rare Consumables>>

@Krysta @Mina 

Edited by Pinball

Krysta was thinking and dwelling on the possibility, and it seemed that Mina considered the possibility as well. Sure, they may not have souls like the players do, and they might even respawn, but even they might have lives and feelings... It was time to see, was it treasure or a monster? The result? Some things that would have to be split fairly. Pinball asked how the three should split it. She thought for a minute and said, "I wish to take 150 Col, 3 materials, and one of the two consumables. Is that fair?" She hoped it was, as she didn't like the idea of friends fighting one another for a single item. Once the loot was properly shared and split, she looks at the material received from the Dark Elf's remains. She looked to the sky. Evening would be approaching soon, and the three had a quest to finish. "So, are we ready to head back?"

@Mina @Pinball

Mina couldn't believe their luck when the chest was opened. It was filled with col, materials, and even a <Perfect> grade shield, which she knew Pinball would love. "I'll have 150 Col, 3 materials and the other consumable!" she replied after Krysta did. Honestly, she didn't really need a shield, her battling style wasn't suited for one, and besides, splitting things up equally were better than fighting to see who gets more stuff. "Sure, let's head back before it gets dark out here." Without night vision, it'll be harder for them to trek back to the main settlement if the sky goes dark. Besides, the fog in the forest was not going to make things any better. It had been a pretty lucky day for the three of them, with the Dark Elf appearing as soon as they reached the forest, and the quest loot drop, and the treasure chest. "Man, that was one hella adventure."

@Krysta @Pinball

It looked like they had worked things out quickly. Which was lucky, because Pinball wasn't of a mind to spoil a perfectly good adventure with a petty little squabble towards the end. "I'll take the rest, then," he finished, splitting the loot among the three of them. He had gotten to keep the shield, which was good for him, because he had secretly wanted to get it. Pinball stood up straight, clapped his hands once, and replied, "Yeah, I think it's about time we head back." Pinball turned and started walking back the way they had come, and prayed they wouldn't get lost in the mists of the forest. He heard Mina comment on the adventure, and Pinball agreed. 

Getting out of the forest took a bit longer than it had to actually find it in the first place, thanks to it being night time and the forest's ever present fog. When they emerged, Pinball turned to the two and announced, "Shouldn't be much further now." Pinball walked some more, and, they finally arrived at their destination. "Well, here it is," he said,  putting his hands on his sides. "You all can go on in and finish the quest, I'll wait out here again. Let me know if anything goes wrong, yeah?

Krysta was happy to know that the loot from the chest was easily split fairly. The other two seemed to enjoy what luck was upon them during this trip. They were ready to return to Delilah. "Then let's go!" As the three made their way back to town, Krysta had something to say. "So, Mina, I must say the way you handled yourself in battle was impressive. I know someone who is looking for players with potential such as yourself. His name is Vigilon. He wishes to start a Guild called the Rising Dragons, if you are interested." Krysta already wished to join Vigilon, but he himself seemed to be having a hard time finding allies that would stand with him. Thus Krysta saw fit to help him out, in her own way. The three reached their destination, and Krysta entered the building. "I've returned with the material you requested." "Thank you so much, I will be just a moment or two." It wasn't long before he brought back the requested custom armor. Once Krysta obtained it, the quest complete notification popped up on her menu. The quest had been finished. As she walked out of the building, she stored the uncommon light armor in her inventory. "I think this was a pleasant time we've had on this quest." She noticed two players walking in a direction that was towards her, one of them she recognized. "Hey! Vigilon!"

(OOC: Vigilon and had an agreement that I would end this thread in this way for the sake of another thread starting from the last sentence or two. Just PM me or Vigilon if you would like to take part in the thread.)

Summary:

Krysta: 2 SP, 283 Col, 3 T1 Mats, 1 <<Unidentified Rare Consumable>>, and Elegant Vest(Uncommon Light Armor[Mitigation])

@Mina: 2 SP, 283 Col, 3 T1 Mats, and 1 <<Unidentified Rare Consumable>>

@Pinball: 2 SP, 283 Col, 2 T1 Mats, and 1 <<Unidentified Perfect Shield>>