[PP-F7] <<Feeding the Enemy>> Pushing Your Luck (Hestia)

"Alright, going a bit far now..." Callie muttered under her breath as she appeared beside Nimbus' teleport plaza. Talking to herself wasn't out of the ordinary for the woman with long, sky-blue hair, not in the slightest. Some time had passed since she had first found herself in Aincrad, and she soon took up the less daunting hobby of material gathering and trading on the lower floors to keep herself busy while giving herself some since of contribution to the small society she now lived among. Making a first visit to the seventh floor, however, Callie tried to quell her nerves as she reminded herself she was perfectly fine in the safe zone and just needed to check out the shops in the main settlement for anything she couldn't already procure in the busies lower floors.

"Say darling, people will think you're lonely mumbling to yourself over there." A voice called out just as Callie had crossed a square and was reminding herself of the names of a couple of potions she was after. Perking up to attention as the gravelly voice reached her ears, the player looked over with a curious expression to find an elderly NPC woman dressed in robes resembling that of a gypsy. Instinctively, the blue-haired woman raised a finger to point at the center of her own chest, as if asking if the stranger was talking to her.

One short exchange and an accepted quest later, Callie wore a slightly concerned expression as she put a bit of distance between herself and the oddly-dressed NPC"Taming a monster? A familiar?" She asked herself in a low voice, pondering on whether or not she she give in to the curiosity and consider venturing out past the city walls.

@Hestia

I smile as i make my way through the seventh floor wearing my armor and having my sword in its scabbard at my side. Holding my shield in my left hand as i decide to give no leeway to this floor. Having never been this high in my patrols of floors, but the recent gain in level and tiers have given me a sort of confidence in myself to face the higher floors and to see if players are in need of help here. My familiar is at my side a lion with wings as black as night and fur as white as snow the size of a large dog at my side. I gaze around the floor with my blue colored eyes gazing for any players that could be in need of some help. I look around the mountainous floor that the fortress doesn't hide from view with its walls. Wondering what lays beyond the sites that the fortress hides as i just grin to myself. Wondering what lays beyond these walls.

As i make my way along the floor i spot something that shocks me rather greatly. A player, and a new one at that if the armor is anything to say about it is on this floor. Right away i make my way over to this player and once within ear range i call out. Excuse me the blue haired girl! I call over as i make my way over to you, and once in front i smile a bit my familiar having kept pace with me. My name is Hestia miss, and i have to ask why are you on this floor? Do you need some help with something? I ask not stating outright where my concerns lie with you being on this floor. More so just avoiding having to say it outright since i don't know you, or your reasons so as far as i know it could be rather innocent or totally dangerous and suicidal.

@Calypso

"Hmm, maybe I shouldn't bother. On a lower floor it might not be a bad idea..." Just as she was beginning to lose herself to her thoughts while making her way through the foreign settlement, yet another voice called out. This one was more polite, though she could also call it the slightest bit timid, or perhaps hesitant was a better word. Concerned, even?

Callie's soft, golden eyes drifted to find the source, her hand once again hovering in front of her chest as if to confirm she was the exact blue-haired girl that the stranger was calling out to. Despite the redundancy, Callie recognized the green cursor hovering over the dark-haired girl's head to indicate her as a fellow player, and so she straightened her spine and met Hestia's kind smile with one of her own. Yes, polite was definitely the right word to describe this person. Callie blinked in slight surprise at the questions she was presented with, before realizing the situation she had placed herself in. Even she was nervous about being so far from the Town of Beginnings without a single gained level under her belt, but it was new to see a stranger take interest in her as such.

"Oh, my name is Calypso." She would probably never get used to introducing herself by the username she had chosen when she created her avatar. Both of her hands hovered in front of her torso as she continued to speak. "I'm just looking for the shops in this settlement. I do a lot of trading on the first couple of floors and was hoping to snag something more rare on this floor." She explained, keeping her tone kind but her choice of words a bit more casual. It was then that her gaze dropped to the creature that stood beside Hestia, and Callie's eyes went wide in surprise. She had seen the typical creatures lurking about outside of the safety of the first floor or two. Standard creatures--boars, wolves, she even saw a group of wild rams outside of Urbus once. But the familiar standing obediently at the girl's side caused the inexperienced player to simply stare back at it in slight astonishment.

@Hestia

Well Calypso while it is nice for you to want to snag something rare on this floor you do have to be careful no matter what even in safe zones. You never know what kind of people you could run into, or if your curiosities could have you taken elsewhere more dangerous. I say in a gentle tone of voice wishing to express m concerns. I then smile and nods my head. Either way i must commend you for your bravery of wishing to get out of the town of beginnings sadly some other players have yet to have such bravery. Less even going to this floor at level one. I say with a small chuckle. As i have said my name is Hestia, and my goal is to help players out with quests, or with anything that i am able to help others with. I am a tank build and currently level 25. I say with a smile on my face. So if you need any help at all no task is considered to small for me miss Calypso. I say in a cheerful voice as my familiar on the other hand seems to be looking at you having noticed your look of astonishment. The familiar not moving closer when he notices this fact he just lays down on the ground to relax.

I then notice you looking at my familiar and nods my head expecting such a reaction. Don't worry about him Calypso he doesn't bite at all he is really friendly in fact when he gets to know you. I say with a small smile hoping the look of shock doesn't turn int one of fear or worry knowing that some players reaction have been as such do to his appearance of a lion.

@Calypso

Very polite, indeed. It wasn't exactly a rarity to see a kind player here or there, but this girl named Hestia just about blew every other acquaintance she'd shared friendly conversation with out the window. 'Still, brave? I'm not sure about that.' She held her tongue from putting those thoughts out into the air before listening to the rest of her explanations. "Level 25?" She echoed, unable to keep the number or the impressed tone suppressed this time. Sure, the claymore resting sheathed at Callie's hip had a couple of extra points of damage on it, but it wasn't anything special that a new player couldn't get their hands on. And since she hadn't bothered spending any of the col she'd gotten her hands on for clothing or other equipment, her appearance practically screamed that she was a mere level one player.

A hand reached up to rub against the nape of her neck before sliding back down. At just the same time, Hestia spoke up about the creature now laying beside her, obviously catching the blue-haired woman staring moments ago. Suddenly the gears began to click into place and the invisible dots in Callie's mind began to connect. "Oh, that's--he's--" Her hands made slight movements in front of her torso, as if her mind were trying to catch up with both her limbs and her words wanting to react at the same time. After a half-second to compose herself, she started over. "Is that a familiar? I just spoke to an NPC not long ago about that quest." She gave a short glance over her shoulder, but since the gypsy woman was no longer in clear view she soon turned her attention back to Hestia. "I must say, I didn't understand a lot of what she was talking about." Callie's head cocked slightly to the side as she looked back down to the winged lion. "Does every familiar look like him?" She asked, curiosity taking over.

@Hestia

Edited by Calypso

Yeah level 25. Not the biggest amount of strength, but i am growing a lot to being a competent protector of everyone that i can. I say with a smile on my face as i look towards your eyes saying the words purposefully. Knowing that i can't protect everyone, so i'll just lower that to as many as i can. I look to my gear chuckling wondering how far out i must seem in my armor of silver metal, and red cloth. Holding a shield with the depiction of the sun, and the moon on the other. With a sword at my hip ready to fight, and having a familiar laying on the ground to my right near my feet.

I watch your reaction of rubbing your neck for a few and takes note of that figuring you're either nervous or some other emotion. That theory quickly being confirmed from the net few words that escape your lips that don't form a exact sentence. I just smile politely letting you form your thoughts since i know it can be a bit overwhelming everything i have said to someone who is still starting out. Yes he is my familiar a protector familiar to be more precise. I say with a nod of my head. Their are a few other variations of such that can offer different enhancements to allow players to be able to survive better do to having more enhancement options on their weapons. Do to well the familiars filling up those slots instead. I say with a nod of my head, and then hears about the NPC, and nods my head at that remembering that Gypsy looking woman.

well Calypso if you have any questions about familiars i would be happy to answer them, and if you want i can also help with you finding a familiar also. I say rather cheerfully and happily. I then hear the question and i shake my head no. Nope not all familairs are like my friend Kuro here. So far i have seen a dragon, my familiar Kuro, a snake that can turn itself on fire and not on fire at will, a Owlbear, and i know their is a girl going for a hawk familiar. Their is a lot of variety from the mythical side of creatures to the more mundane and normal creatures you can find back in real life. I tell you.

@Calypso

It was then that she realized just how far-off this person's goals and motivations rested from her own. Hestia sought to help and protect, grow more powerful and spread the same kindness she was currently displaying to all who she found that needed it, whereas Callie was only interested in contributing so as not to be seen as an enemy of the 'greater good', or scorned like she'd seen of other players who were too cowardly or apathetic to leave the pubs or crowded squares of the Town of Beginnings. A twinge of guilt ran through her, but she didn't have long to dwell on the feeling before she was given the opportunity to focus back on the topic of familiars and the out-of-place creature she called Kuro.

"Oh, wow." She whispered after Hestia listed off all the types of animals she knew as familiars. She had never expected such a side of the game. She knew the basics about consumables and even recognized the names of the more rare--and therefore more pricey--enhancements that could be found on items and equipment, but when it came to the actual combat system and such similar branches she was practically a stranger.

A finger raised to gently tap at her chin. She would be lying if she said she hadn't been entertaining the thought of exploring past the safe zone's borders to satisfy the curiosity that the pending quest had sparked in her. And here stood a girl twenty-four levels her senior offering to help her complete it and find an interesting creature of her own. "That sounds...pretty fun, actually." The concept was almost unfamiliar, as it felt like she hadn't seen this place as the literal game it was in some time. Despite Hestia's apparent eagerness to offer her aid, the thought of receiving help from a near-stranger still left a bad taste in her mouth. The woman gently bit down on the inside of her cheek, still mulling the thought over before speaking up again. "I don't want you to go out of your way, but..." How incredibly stubborn she was.

@Hestia

I chuckle a bit hearing your amazement at hearing all of the different options as once more i can only nod my head in understanding of it all that must seen absolutely overwhelming in terms of things. Yeah their are wide varieties of familiars and their uses Calypso. I just hope whatever familiar you find you are able to find one that would fit your playing style whatever it may be. DPS, support, or tank. Whatever path you go down i hope that if you run into a familiar with enhancements you manage to get the one that best suits you while we're out their. I say with a grin as i pull out a golden cloak from my inventory. The ends of it having fur along it and the back having the depiction of a ram in scarlet red. I hand you the item as you're trying to find reasons not to allow me to go. Knowing that stubbornness can only be beat by something more stubborn.Put this on Calypso it'll help you find the familiar you're looking for. I say with a happy tone of voice.

And yeah familiars can be rather fun. I have this friend who has a dragon familiar who is so active we joke around that the game must've bugged and added in dog, and squirrel into the dragon somehow. I say with a small chuckle. If you want an idea how active and speedy this dragon i'm talking about is. Just imagine a dragon the size of a puppy who can move so fast in and out of water it can create Tsunamis. I tell you just hoping you understand how waves are formed to get how impressive that feat is.

(OOC: The golden cloak (golden fleece) grants a +3 LD. The LD being used to find and determine what kind of familiar you get in terms of enhance giving vs. non enhance giving)

She started talking about build paths again, and Callie had to stop herself from frowning. She hadn't even bothered looking at the skills available to her past the single weapon skill she had invested in back when she created her avatar. Still, any kind of pet system she had experienced in a game was typically low-maintenance and if it became more of a burden than she wanted she assumed that she could simply dismiss the creature and at least take away the experience from the quest's completion.

Just then, Hestia pulled up her menus and retrieved an item, handing over a fur-lined cloak paired with a statement that led Callie to believe the dark-haired girl would be insistent on taking her to complete the quest. The corner of her mouth hooked into a small smirk of defeat at the younger player's matching persistence, and she reached out to take the cloak in her hands with a half-chuckle. It was embarrassing to accept not only the girl's help, but the item she was being lent. Trying to swallow her pride for the time being, Callie held the cloak in front of her while listening to the description of what sounded like the most hyperactive--or at least the most agile--small creature she could imagine.

"That sounds like a handful." She offered with another light chuckle out of politeness if nothing else. There was no point it keeping the item in her hands, and so she equipped the Golden Fleece. Unused to wearing much different from the beginner gear, she took a moment to admire how the item that draped behind her shoulders. "Well, I suppose it's worth a shot. Shall we?" She offered the option of leaving the safe zone to explore the open areas where monsters roamed.

@Hestia

I smile a bit seeing the small smirk knowing i have won in this stubbornness as i see you take the cloak as i nod my head happily at that fact. I then chuckle a bit at hearing that is a handful as i nod my head. From what i have seen it is quite a handful just to make sure the dragon doesn't knock people over in excitement when she sees them. I say with a smile on my face. But that is just how Velnia the little dragon familiar is. Hyperactive, and very affectionate and i'm sure Itzal, the owner of said familiar, wouldn't have it any other way with who his familiar has ended up being. I say in a happy tone of voice as i then watch you equip the item as i nod my head finding myself glad that items resize to fit the person that equips it since otherwise trading, or borrowing items would be the most infuriating thing in the world.

Let's go then Calypso. I say with a smile after you offer that we should head out as i then wait for you to start walking as i keep my armor on and have my sword and shield out ready to defend you if need be. What kind of familiar would you want Calypso? Like what kind of animal? I ask saying the second question rather quickly after the first to specify what i meant by the initial question.

The pair of players walked towards the outskirts of Nimbus, making their way to the city gates. A soft smile rested on Callie's lips as she listened to Hestia continue to describe her friend and his familiar. 'A dragon, hm?' She echoed in her mind. She was no stranger to the imaginative creatures game developers were able to come up with, but everything in this place was so realistic, it was hard to imagine a full-grown dragon towering over her. Surely, those types of monsters were out there, but she was not so eager to pick a fight with one.

Her brows furrowed slightly at Hestia's prompting. She hadn't given any thought to actually obtaining her own familiar, or what kind of animal she would prefer if given the choice. "Mm, that's a good question..." She mumbled, bringing a curled hand to her chin to mull over the thought. She hadn't the opportunity for a pet growing up, and just when she had started to consider taking on the responsibility in her adult life, the subsequent setbacks she had dealt with caused her to doubt her ability to properly care for a small animal. Still, this was a fantasy game, so why not embrace the more adventurous options the game likely had available to her? Her smile returned as they stepped out of the fortress settlement and put some distance between themselves and the large mountain looming behind them. "Well, I can't say I know what there is to choose from. But if I got to be so picky, maybe something on the small side. If my username is any indication, I do have a soft spot for mythology, so maybe a more unusual creature would be nice."

@Hestia

Edited by Calypso

I smile a bit hearing that it was as it seemed to be. That Calypso is the same as from mythology. The one that turned people to swine. That is what i figured Calypso as i am sure you can tell the name Hestia is also from Greek mythology. The greek goddess of hearth to be exact. I say with a small smile on my face glad that their is another in this game that has a interest in mythology like myself.  Well seems we had the same thing in mind as you could tell from Kuro's unusual appearance when compared to the normal animals back in the real world. I say with a small chuckle as i pet Kuro's head gently and affectionately. I then grin as a idea comes to mind. You could always get some type of pig to fit the name of Calypso since she turned those men into swine. i say in a very obvious joking manner from how the tone of my voice is.

As for what kind of creatures are out their from what i can tell it seems like their is any creature available that you could think of. As long as it fits some kind of size range that the game has decided. I say with a shrug of my shoulders as we walk out of the town and into the floor as i move a bit closer to you to be able to defend you at a moments notice knowing that a monster could appear at any moment. I look around the area and appreciate the scenery of it all from the mountains to what it seems to be lots of hills that go up and down. To little ridges and pieces of land that juts up here and their. The floor in general seeming like it will be a long hike of going up and down from how it is viewed from this fortress. The inhabitants being rather interesting from them being dwarves and humans. making me wonder what other fantasy races have been implemented into this game.

"Ahh, that's right. I knew it was familiar." Callie commented when Hestia had explained the origin of her own username. The girl's comment about seeking out a type of swine as a familiar as a reference to the actual story of Calypso caused her to laugh. "That would be amusing, but I don't think I'll go to such lengths." She joked back with a lingering smile.

Rocky plains lay in front of them, with sparse foliage and a light breeze passing through that gently tousled Callie's long hair. Tucking a stray lock behind her ear, she looked out over the vast area. She could see monsters in the distance, wandering freely much like the boars she could always spot grazing outside of the first floor's safe zone. Mostly normal-looking creatures: deer and elk, even a large grizzly bear moving aimlessly a generous distance away from them. Callie's eyes drifted towards a nearby hill, and she lifted a hand in front of her stomach, extending her index finger towards the land mass. "Why don't we try getting a better view?" She suggested.

@Hestia

Edited by Calypso

I nod with a smile on my face glad that you have a sense of humor which is always nice to have in another person then one of the more serious types of people. I look over the monsters that are out in the distance as they are all rather average animals out and about. I do find myself curious of what other creatures lurk on this floor though as the game does love to make their be a interesting creature or monster that is unique to each floor. I see you ask if we can try to get a better view as i follow where you point and sees the land mass that overlooks the area as i nod my head glad to see that you have a good eye for such things. I'm fine with that Calypso lets try to make good time as we make our way over their. I say with a smile just as excited to see this floor as you are curious to see what it holds it seems like. My familiar kuro is walking besides us, but as soon as he sees that our destination is a hill he flaps his wings and starts to take into the air as he looks over to me with this little grin of his. Yeah, yeah Kuro you can fly just makes you lazy. I say to him with a playful grin as he just gives me a look and playfully smacks my arm as i chuckle when he does so.

(OOC: Oh my gosh @Hestia thank you sooo much for letting me borrow that item. With it I got exactly a 19!)

ID#: 91300 | LD: 16 + (3 equip) = 19 - Success! (Enhanced familiar)

The two players hiked up the side of the hill, Callie smiling softly at the friendly exchange between Hestia and her familiar. It was surprising to see that the creature must have had some kind of AI or something to interact with the player the way he did, and this observation only served to fuel Callie's curiosity more.

They reached the top of the hill, allowing them a breathtaking view of the plains in the distance--much better than what they could see of the floor just outside of the settlement minutes earlier, in her opinion. "Wow..." She breathed out, unable to hold in her amazement. The plains of the first floor and the mountains of the second were impressive, but there was something different about the seventh that seemed to impress her.

As her head turned to get a more complete view of their surroundings, her eyes locked onto the branches of a large tree. Bare without any leaves, the long branches stretched and twisted rather wildly. More specifically, Callie's eyes latched onto a small creature that appeared to be sleeping atop one of them. With a long, cylindrical body covered in short white  fur, and what she could only think to describe as a mane that ran along the length of its spine in varying shades of gray, the creature seemed to wake in the newfound presence of the two players. Beady black eyes blinked open below a set of small, pointed ears and a pair of stubby, rounded horns. Callie's golden eyes blinked back, enamored with the mysterious creature. "H-Hestia," She stammered quietly in her hurry to find words without removing her gaze from the creature. "You said it could be just about any small creature, right?"

(OOC: Is it okay if I space out the 'taming' part a little bit? I don't want to shove a ton all into one post.)

Edited by Calypso

I smile and finds myself taken back by the beauty of the rolling floors of the seventh floor. Seeing the rolling hills, the animals grazing and moving through the fields.  The entire scenery seeming like it could be painted and the feeling of awe would be their at every moment when you look back upon such a sight. Even my familiar kuro just lays and looks out unto the fields of the seventh floor. Just admiring the view that we can have from here. I let my eyes gaze around seeing the environment move about finding this to be nice as i make sure to remember this spot. Knowing where i would want a place now whenever i make my home. A nice spot on a good hill on the seventh floor now seeming like the best spot possible with having such a wonderful view, and a rather nice climate as a added bonus to it all.

I then hear your stuttering voice and looks to where you are and spots some small creature with a pain and horns of some type as i quickly open my inventory and hands you some meat to feed this creature. Yes it can be any small creature. Now then Calypso the goal is to not get terrified, or for you to terrify it. Just feed it the food, and from what i remember of the quest that should be enough to get it to go with you. Just try to figure out what you can of its personality as you approach it also. You never know how some familiars can be. Shy, arrogant, noble like, just be careful. I say in a gentle voice not wishing to frighten the potential familiar away. I can only hope this one has stats bonus also to boot for you since that would be absolutely amazing if it did. My familiar kuro moves back away from the food knowing the importance of what is happening right now.

(OOC: i'm fine with you spacing out the taming process Calypso. creative freedom is yours to go about as you see fit. That is part of what rp is about creative freedom to do as you wish within the logic of the world)

Callie allowed her attention to be pulled from the strange creature that stared back at them as she noticed Hestia holding something out to her. She looked over to the meat in the girl's hand before reaching out to take it, giving her a small nod in thanks. 'I didn't realize I needed to bring something like this along... I guess it's really a good thing she's here, or this would have been a huge bust on my own.' Callie thought, feeling a bit glad that she hadn't continued to turn down Hestia's assistance earlier.

Her golden eyes turned back to meet the onyx ones of the rather passive-looking monster while she listened to Hestia's continued explanation. With a small nod, she held the food item in her hands and took a couple of hesitant steps closer towards the large tree. With how small and relatively harmless the creature looked, she hadn't even thought about the possibility that it would become aggressive and attack them. It didn't react until Callie had taken a couple more careful strides, and its small nose twitched as the scent of the meat she held must have carried through the light breeze to reach it. Close enough to spot the label displayed underneath the red spinning cursor above its head, Callie silently read off the name: 'Ermine Sky Dragon?' Taking another look at it, the creature did seem to be some kind of hybrid: a body shape reminiscent of both a ferret and some kind of Chinese or otherwise wingless dragon, the small rounded horns on its head, and the feet that that looked like tiny paws. As it stared back at her, she noticed its beady eyes drop to the meat she was holding, as if it was more interested in the prospective meal than it was in her.

Callie's bottom lip stiffened slightly, and she stood up straight, extending her hands a bit to properly offer the food to the creature. It sniffed at the air again before standing up on its short legs. The rather elegant mane that ran down its spine seemed to float through the air as it did so, giving it a weightless appearance while the dragon hybrid moved to jump from its perch. As it hopped into the air, Callie blinked in surprise when gravity seemed to fail to take hold of the creature. Its body snaked through the air, making it seem much more like its dragon half than the sleeping ferret it had looked more like minutes ago. The creature made its way to her at a leisurely pace, heading straight for the meat in her outstretched hands. It stopped, hovering in the air and sniffing at the food before it opened its mouth to reveal a set of sharp, tiny canines that easily sank into the item.

@Hestia

Edited by Calypso

I smile as i watch you approach the creature as i understand the rather delicate process of trying to feed a monster some food to have. Knowing that the wrong move could lead to a rather horrible ending considering how far above from the first floor we are on. That if something goes wrong i could not be their in time to help you out if this creature decides to attack for whatever reasons it could decide for it. However, i don't panic that much trusting that you can handle this situation good enough since you seem to be taking the right approach from what i can tell. Slow careful movements, and offering the creature food. That having been enough for my familiar, but i don't know anything of this creature or its personality type that might change what it would like before being tamed.

I sit on the ground near my familiar just petting Kuro's head as i watch you tame this eastern type dragon from how it could glide in the air like it had done. Finding that to be rather unique and interesting for it to be able to do. My familiar is just looking out into the fields of the floor while using his sense of hearing to keep track of potential threats that could be moving towards us. I smile as i see the creature sink its teeth into the meat as i can only hope that this is good enough for the quest. I can hopefully that the quest notifications get updated for completion since if it doesn't i would be rather worried of what else this eastern dragon like creature would wish.

After the small animal had finished off the morsel that Callie had offered it, the tiny spinning cursor above its head suddenly shifted from a red color to a green similar to the ones hovering above hers, Hestia's, and even Kuro's heads to indicate their status as players and familiars. The small dragon hybrid's mouth opened even wider, this time in a silent yawn that once again bared its tiny sharp teeth. It continued to hover in front of her, looking up and staring at Callie now, as if inspecting his new 'owner'. She blinked back, feeling hesitant to pull her gaze away and look over her shoulder at Hestia's sitting frame a few paces back. "Is...that all?" She questioned, feeling unsure about the whole process. She'd played some kinds of beast tamers in all of her experience with video games, and although leagues more realistic, she supposed that the taming process wasn't all that different from other MMO genres.

As if to confirm her question and Hestia's earlier thoughts both, a system message appeared in front of her with a small chiming sound that pulled Callie's attention back to her front. The small window displayed a 'Congratulations!', informing her that she had completed the quest while her new familiar began to sniff at her fingers still held out in front of her. Part of her was pleasantly surprised, calmly thinking about how much easier that had ended up being than she had been worried about. But another, more overpowering side of her stretched a wide smile across her face. Callie gingerly turned one of her hands, scratching lightly at the top of the creature's head as he allowed her to.

Whether it was the sense of childlike wonder that came from the realism of it all, or just the instinctual satisfaction that came from completing a quest objective, the cerulean-haired woman turned back to Hestia while wearing a grin. "So... Will he just follow me around? Do I need to feed him?" Before she realized it, she had so many questions that she hadn't bothered to find the answers to before going on the endeavor. She took a couple of hesitant steps away from the familiar and towards Hestia, as if wanting to confirm that he was going to stay nearby if she moved. With the relaxing atmosphere around them, Callie urged her excitement to calm a bit and took a seat across from her raven-haired companion. Sure enough, the little dragon followed after her, stopping near her right shoulder and stretching his head forward to sniff at it like he was inspecting a potential new perch to rest on.

@Hestia

Edited by Calypso

I smile seeing the cursor change for the familiar as i nod my head in happiness at the sight of that knowing it is a rather important step in all of this for a player. To have a companion at their side at all times to help deal with everything this game throws at people. Just the mental help these familiars have is extremely useful since it is a companion that will never leave us, and with the bonus of a enhancement potential to players just makes that as a nice little added bonus. I watch the tiny little dragon seeming very curious about what it can smell and do as i wonder if it is like a child, or if it is just being cautious and curious like other animals. As you ask me the question i go to answer,but get beaten by the completion window as i just nod my head. Seems like a pretty good indication that you managed to beat it Calypso. I say in a happy tone of voice with a nod of my head my tone also being slightly playful and joking as i say those words. So what kind of familiar is it? Normal one or does it offer some kind of enhancements? I ask curiously wondering what it is, and also curious to see how the two of you will bond over time.

My familiar Kuro turns his head towards the familiar that is now part of this small group as the lion slowly gets up and just looks at the little dragon, but doesn't move just observing to see how the dragon reacts to the much bigger creature. Well he will definitely follow you around when you wish for him to do so Calypso, and these familiars are just like real life pets. Except you know this is a game so you don't need to feed him but as you can tell they enjoy food just as much as any player or human. So you don't need to feed them, but they will definitely appreciate you doing so if you share some food when you go to have some. I tell you as i look at Kuro with a curious look wondering what he has planned, but just sees him staring and shrugs figuring he is inspecting the new familiar. So then do you have a name for your familiar Calypso? I ask curiously as i look to you. For me i just threw names at Kuro till he chose which one he liked, but your familiar might not care and just take any name for whatever reason he could end up having. I say with a small smile as i look at the eastern dragon also. Loving to see it up close and is curious how it is flying, but figures it is just the game making it so Cardinal granting this for whatever reason be it in its myth or just for convenience.