[PP-F7] <<Feeding the Enemy>> Pushing Your Luck (Hestia)

"A name? Hmmm..." She hummed thoughtfully after listening to the answers Hestia provided to her questions. While she mulled over the topic, Callie faced forward towards the girl and swiped her hand through air in front of her to pull up her menus. Hestia had asked about whether or not the familiar added any enhancements to her or not, and while Callie had no idea how to find this information, she was smart enough to poke around her menus until she could find the information she was looking for.

She first pulled up her player stats, skimming over the numbers before deciding that she wouldn't be able to discern where those totals were coming from in her head. Swiping onward, she glanced at her equipment and inventory before landing on her skill list. There were still many options that were faded, showing that she hadn't put any skill points in them yet, but there was now a second skill listed in a more opaque font to show that it was 'Active'. Underneath her low-leveled Two-Handed Straight Sword skill, there was a new entry labeled 'Familiar Mastery: Fighter' with a listed rank of 1.

Since that sounded like what she was hunting for, Callie slid her hand across the air to turn her menus towards Hestia and allow her to properly see the entry. "This is it, right? Looks like it might be giving me something after all." She couldn't help a smile from forming on her lips. While a glance to the side, she spotted each of their familiars staring at each other with mild curiosity. She had taken a minute or two to mull over the choice of a name, bouncing around a couple before her eyes shifted back to her new companion. "How about... Danesh?" With her eyes on him, the dragon shifted his attention from Kuro back to Callie and blinked his onyx eyes. He hovered a bit closer to her before his small paws touched down on her shoulder and at the back of her neck. Without much regard to whether or not his new 'owner' approved of his actions, Danesh simply laid himself down across her shoulders, holding his head up to continue observing while he otherwise made himself comfortable. Callie was a bit surprised by the creature's closeness, but let out a tiny chuckle. "I guess he really doesn't care."

Edited by Calypso

I watch you play with your menu for a bit most likely trying to find the information as i wait patiently not minding the wait as it allows me to look around the area and smiles still finding this spot to be particularly nice. It also makes me curious of what other things reside on this floor. What structures are hidden away for players to just go out and find as much as they are able to do so. To find the mysteries that could be lying on this floor and every floor that is out their. My familiar Kuro just watches the little dragon and then nods his head finding that the little dragon seems alright, and won't be that much of a bother to the lion. Kuro then lays by my side with his head on my leg as he looks out towards the fields that can be seen from this spot on the hill we're on.

i watch you turn your menu as i look to see what you found and sees the skill name as i nod my head thinking that is a pretty good choice. Seems like you got a familiar who gives you a boost to your damage Calypso. I tell you with a nod of my head and a smile as i look to the little thing as i wonder how well he will do in a combat situation since he seems to be a rather lazy creature. That or he hasn't had a reason to be active that much, so instead he just relaxes and lays around to just enjoy the sun that he can get and the nice place to rest. I watch as the creature lays around your neck for a nice resting spot as i chuckle a bit and nods my head. I would have to agree with you Calypso. Seems like Danesh doesn't particularly care about what name he or she gets. I say with a nod of my head as i look towards the skies with a smile on my face.

After being like that for a bit i look back towards you. So what do you think of the floors you have seen? Of this seventh floor? I ask you out of curiosity since we are seemingly enjoying a rest at where we are at on this floor as i keep my eyes and ears open for even the slightest indication a monster could be coming out to attack.

Callie resisted letting out another chuckle, not wanting to disturb her newfound companion with the jostling motion of her shoulders that would have occurred. Perhaps, as someone who was unfamiliar with looking after an animal, this type of personality was one that suited her. A creature that was more high-maintenance would probably wear on her more quickly than others, and so as far as first impressions went, she was happy with Danesh's cautious and laid back attitude. Hestia had pointed out that the statistical bonus the creature provided had to do with combat, leading her to wonder how familiars actually fared in such situations. She could only assume each type functioned in different ways, but her mind asked her more questions that she couldn't answer: did they actively participate? Did they simply increase her own numbers?

Pushing the topic aside in her mind with the simple reminder that she would have plenty of time to find those answers later on, Hestia provided her with another topic to shift to. The two players sat upon the hilltop, engaging in casual conversation. The whole scene was a bit different to her, as she would normally keep her interactions with other players to a business relationship. But after so long, she felt a sense of appreciation for the girl's friendly interest. Callie smiled back, easily offering her reply. "I think this one is the most impressive I've seen so far. I've heard the fourth and fifth floors have harsher environments than the other lower ones, so I've actually been avoiding those." She recalled thoughtfully, growing more talkative with the peaceful atmosphere. "Outside of the main settlements, I've done most of my exploring on floors one through three, but after a while they're all a bit plain." She paused a moment before turning the question back to her company. "What about you? I'm willing to bet you've been to many more places than I have."

I nod my head understanding the sentiment that this would be one of the more interesting floors since visually you can see much, and appreciate its beauty. Then thier is the fact that its main settlement is inside a cave which is rather interesting in and of itself. Then their is the fact that the species of NPCs are dwarves and humans. I can understand that Calypso however the floors after the ninth one get just as harsh and difficult then compared to the ones below this floor, and this is just in my opinion of the environments. I tell you honestly as i look at you. The ninth floor is one of volcanic land and lava. Then their is like the twelvth through fourteenth floor from what i remember, but i might be mixing them up are floors with little life on them. I say as i look over the land full of life, and beauty in comparison to those floors that await after this one.

For myself i've visited all the floors at least once. The main settlements just to get a feel for the floor, and i would have to say the sixteenth floor beach floor is amazing for relaxation once you can get to an area with little monsters. Then their is the twenty first floor which has a wonderful hotspring area. I say with a bright happy smile at remembering such wonderful areas that i have visited as i look over this floor. Maybe you can join me on a weekend in this game to go to the beach on the sixteenth floor. It would be relaxing for certain. I say in a happy tone of voice.

"Without much life?" She repeated the sentiment, not having to think over what Hestia meant for long before she had an idea. Some kind of 'floor of the undead' was practically a given , and she wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one iteration of it, from what Hestia made it sound like. "Ugh, that doesn't sound pleasant." She commented, imagining a dark and dreary landscape littered with tombstones.

"Oh?" In stark contrast to that image, Hestia mentioned beaches, going so far as to invite the woman to visit the scenery there together at some point. Callie was both surprised and flattered for the other player to take such in interest in spending time with her. Perhaps it was just human nature to want to bond with one another in such 'dire' circumstances, despite Callie not quite seeing things that way. Still, her smile grew a bit brighter at the offer. Her own goal was to enjoy her life here in Aincrad after all, so what would some time at a beach with a friendly acquaintance hurt? "Sure, I'd love to." She replied in kind.

I nod my head at the most likely rhetorical question you had asked me as i chuckle at the reaction shortly after as i can only agree on that the floor hadn't looked any bit pleasant as it can be described to other people. Just a dreary place that can possibly affect the mood of others if they stay their to long i could imagine. With people just staying in a place with little life would get to them in some fashion. I grin a bit hearing you accept my offer though as i nod my head. If you ever wish to go to the beach with me i do it every saturday on the weekends. I tell you honestly with a smile on my face. Don't be surprised though if their are one or two others that are their also. I am sort of working on making that a place for people to be able to relax and enjoy themselves. I mean to me i have learned that is a necessary thing if you spend all your time working yourself over. You wouldn't be able to take the moments like right now to enjoy the floors we travel on, and to enjoy the life that Aincrad can give us. I say with a small happy smile on my face as i look over the line.

After a bit of time i do turn my head and asks. Want to head back towards town, explore what we can of the floor before it starts getting to dangerous, or just stay here for a bit more Calypso? I ask curiously wondering what you would wish to do as i check the ingame time to see what time it is before darkness arrives.

Callie pulled her hand through the air, opening her menus again and navigating to a section she was surprisingly more familiar with. Up until now, her friends list had been populated with a small handful of contacts that she came to frequent--a few crafters on the first floor who had a strong hold on the market and usually offered her good rates for the items she brought them, and one other who seemed to focus their times on finding the best times and locations for material gathering. They were valuable sources of information for the tasks that she would mainly kill time with, but those names would be more aptly named her 'Contacts'.

She tapped a few buttons in order to send Hestia a friend request. "If you don't mind," She added after the window was sent over. "I'll shoot you a message sometime." Her soft golden eyes flickered from her menus up to the girl's face.

Hestia left it up to her as to what they would do from here, and Callie smiled again. "Honestly, I wouldn't mind heading back to town." She voice her opinion in the hopes it wouldn't bring down the peaceful mood. "I do appreciate the time, and help." She added on. "Oh! Before I forget, I shouldn't be needing this anymore." With her menus still active, Callie panned over to her equipment and selected the option to unequip the Golden Fleece from her shoulders. She then pulled the item from the inventory it had been dismissed to, and it materialized back into existence in her free hand. She held the cloak out as she pulled herself up to her feet.

-Trading back the Golden Fleece to Hesita-

I smile as i see a friend request sent to me as i happily accept it nod minding the request, and actually liking it since i could see good memories formed from this meeting since this Calypso girl seems to be a rather kind person to hangout with. I don't mind at all after all you have been a rather pleasant person to be around, and you seem to have good intentions for things you do so i would be happy to be your friend or become your friend. I say with a smile and a small shrug. Whichever we are at acquaintances, close acquaintances, or friends i'm not the greatest at spotting when the lines have been crossed, so i just like to say kind people i meet are friends and the more rude people are just acquaintances. I say with a small chuckle.

I nod my head with a smile as i take my golden cloak and puts it on myself as my armor disappears as i do so, and for the brief moment between cloak, and armor you could see casual black colored vanity clothing on my body before it is covered up by the golden cloak. I look around the field for anything that could be of use before heading back into town with you. With nothing spotted i nod my head and re-equips my armor. Let's get going Calypso. I say with  a happy smile on my face as i look towards my familiar and gently nudges him awake as he looks at me. Come on back to town Kuro. I tell him as he flaps his wings once before getting up off the ground.

#91377 LD: 9+3=12 No treasure chest.

@Calypso

Hestia's kind and persistently polite words caused Callie's smile to linger. As the dark-haired girl re-equipped her cloak and said they should get going, Callie cast a nervous glance or two to the familiar still resting on her shoulders, as if she was worried she might be disturbing the creature. Danesh still seemed fairly alert, not completely relaxed on his perch, but still at rest while he got used to his new companion. A rather easy-going familiar thus far, Callie was glad that he didn't seem to be the type of dragon that was hyperactive enough to single-handedly cause tsunamis.

Trusting that she wasn't too out of place with her words following Hestia's own kind statements, Callie spoke up again. "You're very kind yourself," She offered. "and strictly meant as a compliment, you seem very mature." She stated with a small chuckle. Hestia touched on the subject of uncertainty as to what kind of relationship the two had formed, and the corner of Callie's mouth pulled further into a smirk after her comment about keeping the less kind individuals at arm's length. "Well, I hope you don't mind if I take a bit longer to build my bonds." She replied honestly. "You're a very sweet girl though. I wouldn't mind getting to know you better." She assured, not wanting Hestia to think she was distancing herself.

The pair of players made their way back to Nimbus just as uneventfully as they had left, lucky not to encounter any troublesome or dangerous monsters. With a new name on her friends list and a new companion on her shoulder, Callie bid Hestia a polite farewell before she would head back to the teleport plaza.

Thread Summary

Calypso: +2 SP (1 page, 1 quest), +200 col (1 page, split), +Danesh (Familiar)
Hestia: +1 SP (1 page), +200 col (1 page, split)