[F1-PP]<<Avalanche>> Killing the Cold

Quest Info

Spoiler

<<Avalanche>>

This quest takes place on Floor 4
This quest is repeatable

glacier.jpg

Word from the Information Brokers speaks of a hidden respawning Field Boss on Floor 4. A small party reported having farmed the <<Ice Elementals>> found throughout the Tundra awakened a hidden Field Boss in the form of a giant <<Ice Elemental>>. This monster, identified as <<Avalanche>>, proved to be a dangerous opponent for the relatively low leveled party, and dropped a powerful Alchemical Concotion.

Requirements:

-At least two [2] pages of Rp  (21 or more posts)

-Avalanche must be defeated

-Maximum Party Size of 3

-Repeat completions will only yield <<Snowfrost>>

Avalanche Information:

<Avalanche> is a respawning Field Boss and has the following statistics:
HP: 100
Damage per Attack: 40

Rewards:

1. <<Snowfrost>> This incredibly potent alchemical salve can be applied to a piece of armor, increasing resistance to Fire Damage for one battle. [The wearer will only take half damage from the burning damage over time effect]
  2. 2 Skill Points

Parties or Groups of low level players are allowed
Recommended Level: 12

Items/Buff

Yui's Grace

Kimi was going through the snow of Floor four looking for something to do. So far with all the beginner quests done she wasn't entirely sure what to do next. After going around the town for a bit and seeing if there was anything new to do. Kimi stumbled upon the quest board she ran into before with Hestia. "Ahh i remember this." Kimi thought to herself reminiscing of the time she first got here and met her friend Hestia, its been a while a little while since they last spoke, but Kimi was sure that they are still close friends if not just guild mates. As Kimi traced her finger to all the quests on the board that she completed. Kimi noticed something she hasn't seen before. Under one of the bulletins on the board was another quest that she completely missed last time she was here. "<<Avalanche>> Huh? Don't recall this being here before, guess i might as well take it so that i can finally look at this board with a smile that i finished it all." with that said Kimi thought for a bit, "Maybe i should invite someone. I'll check if Hestia is up for it."

Spoiler

To: @Hestia

Hey its me, There was this one quest called <<Avalanche>> that i completely missed. Maybe you would want to join me to make it easier? I'll be here on the fourth floor by the quest bulletin. The quest is an easy one, but i don't want to do it alone.                 
                                                                                          - Kimi

I rest peacefully within my bed upon the fourth floor finally allowing myself a lazy day as i hear a loud blip over and over each second till i eventually look at it with a glare until i see who it is from. Kimi? I say in a sleepy tone of voice as i open it up and covers my eyes with a groan at the light it produces. Eventually my eyes adjust as i read through it and just nods my head as i get up out of of my bed quickly equipping only some vanity clothing knowing that anything else is over kill for this quest as i turn to my familiar who is resting peacefully in his little lion sleeping bed. I tap my cheek and shakes my head figuring i'll be fine from everything considering my level,. I then exit my shop that is now empty with only me and Kuro remaining. I bite my lip already missing to waking up with someone beside me, or at least within the same home. 'It's different, but at least i can know the next relationship can be a bit more balanced then the last. To actually take my time and properly do it step by step.' I think to myself with a nod sniffling a little bit as i leave it up to the cold not even feeling or acknowledging the few tears that had escaped my eyes.

Eventually i find myself in the town of Snowfrost not noticing by the time i had arrived my tears were mostly dried by the wind, or easily brushed away from them turning into ice. I look around seeing all the happy people  From the couples, to the friends together laughing and sharing a drink. I smile sadly seeing all of this as i wonder why it pulls at my heart. Why it hurts so much when i know that the relationship ended for the better of the two of us. That it is better to take things slow rather then fast, but then why does it hurt? I arrive at the market place as i look around till i spot the red headed girl i am looking for as i walk on over towards her with my hands in my pants pocket smiling happily. Hey Kim how are you doing? I ask with a cheerful tone and smile trying to act like i don't feel some loneliness of being single. That everything is still perfectly fine as normal, but even then it is clear that my smile is ever so slightly forced rather then natural. So you ready to take down frosty? I ask with a grin on my face.

@Kimi

"Hey Hestia! I'm doing fine, just trying to enjoy the weather." Kimi said while pulling her coat a bit closer with her hand in her pockets. Kimi noticed that something was bugging Hestia. Though in the real world Kimi didn't have too many friends and can barely go out. She knew that the most honest part of a person is their eyes and she could see that even though Hestia is putting on a smile her eyes were telling a different story. For the meantime Kimi didn't want to bring up why she was feeling down right now, but Kimi wanted to bring it up later along the way to the Ice Elemental. "Sure lets get going whenever you're ready." Kimi said with a smile. Kimi gently grabbed Hestia wrist saying, "If you got anything on your mind just let me know." Kimi tried to hint that she already knew something was bugging Hestia, but she didn't want to force her to reveal it.

I nod with a smile on my face still trying to hide the small amount of pain that i feel. I'm ready to go whenever you are Kim. Now come on their is a Ice elemental that needs to be put down with your name on it. I say happily as i start getting ready to go as i then feel you grab my wrist, and then hears your words. My breathe hitches ever so slightly having picked up for only a second before i quickly get my breathing under control, but i can feel my heart pounding a mile a minute it feels like to me. 'Stay calm Ember, stay calm you're a big girl just converse like a normal person. You can do this yeah. Just stay calm.' I think within a flash of a panicked jumble mess, and i was thinking this my mouth was moving and saying words. Yeah it's fine don't worry about it Kim. Come on lets head to Avalanche it is only going to get colder. I say speaking noticeably faster then usual do to the nervousness that i feel from being caught oh so easily in how i feel.

The two of them made their way towards the exit of town in a casual manner, but Kimi on the other hand insisted on hurrying a bit. Though she really loved to be in the snow she didn't want to end up getting distracted by the white wonderland around them. "So whats been going up with you lately?" Kimi asked with a friendly tone and honest smile. Its been quite some time since shes seen her questing buddy so seeing how they are together now was really nice. Kimi stretched just outside the walls of the safe zone letting a small satisfying moan escape. Noodle on the other hand seemed to mimic Kimi in her action and did the same also letting out a yawn. "Its weird, It always feels like i'm coming back here all the time. I should've picked my house to be here instead of the eighth floor." Kimi said out loud.

I try to relax more and more doing my best to keep my heart rate down. I then smile a bit as i look over to you and then says. My days have been pretty good for the most part just playing some music on my guitar, playing with Kuro, and obviously still trying to do quests with the guild to the best of my abilities. I say in a kind tone of voice not mentioning at all the recent breakup as i look towards the snowyfields as we exit the main settlement and out into the wild leaving us to the mercy of the mobs, and just the environment all around us. My familiar watches the little shark dog yawn when you do so and Kuro gently pats Noodle on his back using his tail since the paw might be to much for a doggo of Noodle's size. I mean if you chose for your house to be here maybe we could've been roommates Kimi. I say a bit jokingly with a chuckle escaping my lips at that as i already know for myself whenever i get a house it will be on this floor to just enjoy the eternal wonderland that brings memories of childhood and happier times. I then continue walking through the snowy fields as their is not a sight out their that could give a clue towards the quests beginning.

Kimi laughed a bit say, "Yeah, that would actually be really nice having a roommate. Having a estate to myself is very lonely and it being on the eighth floor makes it fairly drab." Kimi thought for a while as she was thinking why she even had her house located in the eighth floor. "You don't have a place for yourself" Kimi asked as she walked beside Hestia almost touching her shoulder. The cold was more  brisk than normal which Kimi wasn't entirely used to despite liking it so she neared Hestia for warmth. "Hope you don't mind." Kimi said as she stepped a bit closer watching her breath show in the cold. "I'm still adjusting to the cold and today is a bit colder than usual." The two made their way further into the winter wasteland. Kimi was walking by Hestia all the way barely brushing shoulders from time to time. 

I nod with a smile as i enjoy walking beside you through the fourth floor as the place just seems to steadily start getting colder and colder the closer we travel in the direction of the quest with the only sign that players will get as they get closer to Avalanche is the environment slowly turning into ice any trees, or rocks turned into ice cubes. However, for now the ground is still only covered in snow, and the trees are perfectly normal. Yeah it could be nice to keep you company within a estate. Especially since we happen to share the same profession, so we could do awesome duets together you know? I say in a cheerful tone of voice as i let myself get lost in the passion that has become music. However, hearing the next part i quickly shake my head. No, no i have a home it is my shop, but i made sure to build a nice little room with it to get decent sleep to avoid those inns. Makes it livable nothing as great as a estate for certain, but it works for keeping me warm and safe. I say with a small shrug.

As we walk through the floor and the temperature steadily drops i feel you move next to me as i panic for only a very brief moment. 'Oh god why is she moving closer? Why now? To soon after one don't need another.' I think and then my thoughts calm down as the rational part of my brain kicks in. 'She is just cold help her to stay warm you have survival she doesn't. Now be a good big sister.' I find myself thinking without even realizing the terminology i had used as i take off my usual jacket and wraps it around you and then wraps one arm around you and keeps you close to help deal with the cold of the environment. Is that better Kim? You feeling any warmer? I ask in hopes that it had done so as we make our way towards Avalanche.

Kimi could clearly see every breath that shes been taking after some time out in the winter land. "Yeah, i've actually been living in my shop for some time until i got my estate. I guess i'm not used to having so much space." Kimi said as she gave a small shrug while shivering. As they went on a bit longer towards the questing area, Hestia seemed to have taken notice of the fact that she was shivering and covered Kimi with her jacket. Kimi looked at Hestia with a heart-warming smile while still shivering a bit and said, "Thanks a lot, It really helps." Kimi pulled the extra jacket closer as they trudged through the snow. "Hopefully we get there soon, i'm not sure how long i can last in the cold." Kimi said while managing a smile. "I might actually need to wear your arm around my neck to warm me up." Kimi said very jokingly while laughing a bit.

It's no problem at all Kimi just trying to make sure you stay comfortable since i know you don't have survival yet. I say in a gentle tone of voice as i continue keep you close to me as you seem to prefer. My big sister/protector mindset allowing me to be more relaxed and treating this like a nice little sister moment to prevent me the embarrassment. As we continue traveling i just smile and relax as the trees start to slowly gain ice covering their trunks as the snow seems to shift and move ever so slightly along with the different ice fragments that are starting to ever so slowly consume the nature around it. Well it looks like we're getting close towards Avalanche's lair. I say at noticing all the drastic increase in the amount of ice in the area that could be used to form a rather decently sized ice elemental, or lots of mini ones that could be equally annoying. At hearing your joking words i just smile and chuckle ever so slightly along with you. My familiar Kuro still keeping Noodle company, and helping him navigate the area.

"Yeah i really gotta jump on that Traveler quest so i can get my Survival skill. Really comes in handy for these situations." Kimi said as they arrived at a spot on a bottom of a mountain that had a lot of scattered shards of boulder and a few ice elementals around. Hestia went on to saying that they were arriving soon which made her heart leap a bit as they can finally get this over with. "Going to make that Ice elemental pay for making me go all the way here where its so cold." Kimi said jokingly as she shivered again for a bit. "Here could you lead the way? Imma use you as a shield against the wind." Kimi said giggling a bit as she placed her hand on Hestia's back and ducking down a little bit. "Of course you don't have to, but ehh." Kimi said with a bright smile laughing more.

I chuckle at your words as i just nod my head as i lead the way towards the elemental while you hide behind me not minding the fact i am functioning sort of like a human shield for you to protect you. the ice elementals seem to back away from me most likely do to my level and stats leaving just the quest mob that is Avalanche the only one that would be daring to try and fight the two of us. As we get closer towards the mountain it suddenly starts shifting and rumbling as a icy cold hand forces itself from the mountain as eyes slowly open that glow orange and then slowly turn red as they spot the two of us. The creature lumbering forward and then roaring into the sky as it stands before us the mighty Avalanche in its glory. I just whistle a bit at its appearance. Looks like they updated you to make you more terrifying buddy. I like the new look really spruces up the whole ice being of terror. I say giving Avalanche a thumbs up being overly casual as i activate Howl as i do so. The monster lumber forward and then goes for a swing as i quickly raise my shield as the impact echoes through the field as i slide along the ground and i just nod my head. Nice punch that would've hurt long ago, but now i'm better and stronger then i was before. I say rather calmly and cheerfully.

#95214  MD:9   1 DMG minimum(end result)

[H:3] Hestia: 790/790   ENG:76/76 

@Kimi: ?/?

Avalanche:  HP: 100  Damage per Attack: 40

Hestia didn't mind being used as a human shield for Kimi in the blistering cold wind. The elementals along the side of the mountain pass seemed to give way probably due to Hestia's level which Kimi didn't mind. Having to worry less about getting attacked by the ice elementals on the mountain really hurried up their pace, as they neared peak a sudden rumble followed by a bit of the mountain moved. "Ohh, we're here?" Kimi said in surprise. Hestia then whistled to catch the attention of the hunkering monstrosity making it focus her. While that was going on Kimi went to gather energy for her Tornado Kick Sword art, but as she went to perform it. It seemed that she stood too long in the snow making it harden over her feet. "Whoops, should've kept moving." Kimi said as she casually scratched the back of her head and sticking her tongue out to the side being silly. 

ID# 95215 results:

Battle: 1

[H:3] Hestia: 790/790   ENG:76/76 

[0] | Kimi | Level 19 | HP 380/380 | E 36/38 | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |

Avalanche:  HP: 100/100  DMG: 40

I look over towards the ice elemental and see out of the corner of my eye that you managed to get your leg frozen slightly as i glance over at the elemental. 'Huh looks like just not appearance, but even more has been updated about this guy.' I think to myself as i quickly run towards it as i slice along its eye covered legs, and then tossing my blade in the air fro my familiar to catch and finish the sword art by slashing the Avalanche's eyes stunning it. With that i move away from the elemental with my familiar following me and dropping it into my hands. Avalanche roars loudly as it then swings a arm at me in retaliation as i raise my shield as once more their is a impact with some of its hand getting shattered from the force. Soon after the hit the paralyze kicks in and it stops moving, and the wounds that it get afflicted with starts leaking water like people would bleed blood. Looks like i got lucky Kim! This is going to be one of those easy battles. I say with a chuckle.

#95224  BD:9 (bleed/paralyze/stun activated)  MD:8    CD: 8  -3 ENG total  4x3=12DMG     Avalanche:1 DMG  THRNS: 28 DMG

[H:5] Hestia: 790/790   ENG:76/76 

[0] | @Kimi | Level 19 | HP 379/380 | E 36/38 | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |

Avalanche:  HP: 60/100  DMG: 40 (Bleed 24 DMG 0/2 turns) (paralyzed/stunned)

"Wow that was a really nice hit Hestia! Keep it up and he'll fall down soon." Kimi said as she gathered energy to her leg. Kimi was finally able to release a new sword art she unlocked that had higher damage than anything else. As the blue energy came together around her leg Kimi finally broke free of the frozen ground she stood and and came running towards the paralyzed monstrosity. Kimi did a jump in the air towards the hunkering Ice Elemental and did a 360 kick will all of her force focused onto the monster. As she finished her attack and caught her fall Kimi looked up to see that the Ice elemental was crumbling. "WOO! Looks like we did it!" Kimi said with a cheer. "That was easier than i thought it would be." Kimi said as she started pulling back Hestias jacket closer to enclose her. "Lets get off this mountain."

[H:5] Hestia: 790/790   ENG:76/76 

[2] | Kimi | Level 19 | HP 379/380 | E 25/38 | 9 DMG | EVA 0 | ACC 3 | LD 2 | MIT 18 | 7 Thorns |

Avalanche:  HP: 0/100  DMG: 40 (Bleed 24 DMG 0/2 turns) (paralyzed/stunned)  -66HP, Paralyzed 

ID# 95225 results: Tornado Kick

Battle: 10 (+2BaseDMG)

I watch as you go to attack the enemy, and then the hit happening as i whistle in appreciation at the complete one hit kill of the enemy as it shatters and crumbles into chunks of ice that shatter upon hitting the ground. Nice hit Kim one turn one kill. I say with a chuckle as i then walk on over to you and grabs your hand with a nod of my head. yeah lets get away from this mountain. I say cheerfully as i start to lead you back towards Snowfrost at a pace that you're comfortable with since you're the one that is being affected by the cold weather. Having gone over and grabbed your hand since from what i could see is that you were a bit cold earlier, and most likely still are so it would be best to try and make sure you don't get frozen again while out here. With Avalanche's defeat Kuro flies back on over towards Noodle to hangout with the shark doggo.

After defeating the massive hunkering chunk of ice, Hestia grabbed Kimi's hand pulling her away and leading them back to the town where at least the cold is nice and bearable. Kimi thought for a moment, "Well at least Heastia seems to doing better now. I wonder if now is a good time to ask whats been bothering her." They continued to walk down the mountain at a very steady pace holding hands. Kimi really didn't mind since it was keeping her hands warm which was probably the coldest part of her body at the moment. Along the way it seemed the the Ice elementals that occupied the path have disappeared. "Guess now that the big bad boss of these ice elementals are gone they left." Kimi said with a shrug. Once they finally made it to the bottom of the mountain it was a clear shot towards the town. Kimi finally made up her mind and decided to ask. "So Hestia, earlier today before we went to do the quest. I noticed something was bothering you. Do you want to talk about it?"

I smile as i walk down the mountain making sure to not slip or anything since that would bring you down with me, and that wouldn't be very nice feeling. At the very least their would be no pain involved do to the pain limiters making sure no pain happens. Along the way i look towards Kuro who is enjoying himself in the snow along with the little shark doggo as i chuckle at the cute little sight the two familiars make. When we get  to the bottom i bite my lip hearing your question as i sigh softly my breathe being visible as i do so. Figuring that it will be found out at some point, so i might as well say it now instead of trying to hide it. Me and Kairi broke up Kimi. I guess i got use to having someone at all times with me, and now not having that it just is. You know. Kind of weird and strange since she has found her own place by now which means the shop i live in is just me now along with my familiar once more. I say looking down towards the ground as i try to continue on walking as i talk about this.

"Sorry for bringing it up if you don't want to talk about it Hestia. I'm always here if you need someone though just know that. Didn't know that you've had her staying with you, but if it means anything you can stay at my place. I just need to figure out how to move it around, pretty sure there's a way to do it though so no worries." Kimi let go of Hestia's hand after hearing what happened, but gave her a hug. "Not sure how it will be going around in the guild with you two separated, but i hope it doesn't get weird. Not a fan of going places where people don't see eye to eye." Kimi said giving kind smile. She stretched a bit as were still at the bottom of the mountain and headed out. Noodle seemed to be having fun with Kuro, it looked like they made a game where Noodle would dig around in the snow and Kuro would have to find Noodle. The sight of the two playing was very adorable. "At least someone is having lots of fun." Kimi said gesturing at their familiars as she picked up some snow and put it on Hestia's head to lighten the mood.

I smile as i hug you tightly as you hug me back smiling happily at your words as i sniffle a tiny bit feeling rather glad i got a good friend like yourself who would be their for me. Even let me stay at your house apparently which would be nice to see what that would be like. To live in a actual estate, manor, or mansion. Knowing i wouldn't wish to do that by myself since it would be a bit lonely to live in such a huge place i could imagine easily. Thank you Kim for being a amazing friend. I say in a gentle tone of voice as i tighten the hug for a second then stops the hugging as i look over towards the familiar and chuckle at them being so adorable by playing a game like that. Also yeah i hope things don't get overly weird, but so far it seems like she is fine in the sense she understands the reasoning. So, i don't think it will get that weird at all. I say as i rub the back of my head trying to laugh it off.