[PP-F4] Essence of Off-Brand Yeti <<Essence of Steel>> (Hestia)

Spencer rubbed the back of his head, his mood and finally leveled off to 'Meh'. He was still sad, but he was able to manage it more than he was able to before. It was almost sad that he was worried about all of this, he had no idea why he was still feeling this way, he was forcing himself to try to get over his idea that he was not worth it for other people, but it wasn't working. Spencer was still crying most nights, and during the day he kind of walked around and did nothing really at all, sometimes killed a monster or two, but that was about it. He sighed a bit and sat in the snow on the fourth floor, letting the snow fall on to him. He was tired of hiding his emotions, he was tired of making it seem like he was okay all the time. He was.... tired. He knew that almost no one had any idea that he was in a bad mood, which hurt even more because no one knew, he was dealing with this alone, it hurt but he wanted it that way. He wanted to seem like he was okay and put together so no one worried about him.

He decided that maybe he should actually act normal and hang out with people, people would be less worried in that fact if he actually was with people and seeming happy, no one would notice and no one would worry about him, which is what he wants. He pulled open his messages, and sent a message to Hestia, someone he had hung out with recently and thought was a good friend of his.

Dear Hestia,
Hey! Would you want to do the Essence of Steel quest? I'm bored out of my mind and would rather do something than be bored.

@Hestia

I walk around the fourth floor just looking around for any interesting places to try and find something that could be a interesting adventure for later wishing to try and explore all of these floors as much as possible now. As i was about to head towards the danger glacier area i hear the blip of a message being sent as i open up the message and smiles a bit seeing that it is Spencer. 'Huh i wonder how he is doing? Hopefully he hasn't been bored the entire time since i could've invited over to my place if it was that case.' I think to myself as i quickly type up a message before i head out.

Spoiler

@Spencer

Got your message Spencer, and will be right their. Meet you in Snowfall okay? Let's meet at the teleport pad.

With that i then nod my head and takes out a teleport crystal and uses it to teleport back towards Snowfrost near the teleport pad as i now just calmly wait with a smile on my face glad that i was prepared to be traveling a good bit to get back home easily.

With the fact that he might actually be seeing someone, he put a brave face on stood up. The snow slowly fell off of him, and he brushed himself off, and made himself look more presentable. He opened his umbrella to catch the snow, and rubbed his eyes. He was hoping that she would just assume that he had gotten some snow in his eyes, and nothing was really bad in terms of his emotions. He walked towards the main city, hoping to find Hestia and to get this going and done with. Spencer looked up and saw the woman walking around, and Spencer waved, giving a big smile. "Hey Hestia! Over Here!" He ran over to her and pulled his scarf a little tighter, even though he was upset, he was still freezing cold. "What have you been up to?" It seemed as though the woman was a little stronger, maybe leveled up once or twice, and she had Kuro with her. He bent done and looked at the Lion, waving to it.

I grin as i arrive at the city via a teleport crystal. One of the best things of this game. Who needs walking when you can just teleport back to town after a good day's travel. i say with a grin upon my face as i then look around seeing just some players and NPCs initially as i sigh softly and keeps within my mind the image of Spencer to make sure i meet up with the Guildmate i sadly don't get much time with. I step off the pad and starts wandering around the town completely aimlessly until i hear a voice call over as i turn my head and sees the individual i had been searching for. Had been searching for poorly, but..it still counts i am certain of that. I put on a smile and waves with a grin as i see you run over towards me. How have you been doing Spencer? Been staying safe? I ask back with a grin, and then quickly answers back realizing it might be rude to not do so. I've been pretty good actually just relaxed, and slowly working on getting the next skill i need to complete my tank build that i have. Parry's mod is going to be awesome. I say rather excitedly with a grin on my face.

He smiled a bit, it was nice to just be with friends and just hang out, but he was still feeling everything at the back of his mind. He was happy to be hanging out with Hestia, even the small happiness he felt, it was nice to feel it. He liked hanging out with Hestia, she was cool and friendly. Also, they seemed to get along pretty well. Spencer looked at the woman, and she started to talk about how she was and what she was doing. Spencer smiled and listened along, he was throwing himself into caring about her feelings, and not about his at all. This is going to be a long day isn't it?/ I hope she doesn't find out.. but I kind of do hope that she  would find out, would be nice to talk to someone.. No! On my own, no one needs to get wrapped into this. He thought to himself and sighed. "I forgot you were a tank build, so am I! It's been slow going, but I've been slowly pushing ever since I started this game, however my equipment isn't that good, I'm going to wait before I can get a really good weapon, I hope I find a good one soon."

I grin the biggest grin ever hearing that you are a tank also as i look at you. Can you equip your gear please? I want to see all of your things i am real curious to see what path you went down as a tank. I say wondering if it will be like my build in terms of things as i chuckle at the sheer possibility of that. Figuring that it would be very unlikely for the two of us to end up having chosen the same equipment, and it could only get funnier if it somehow was the same exact enhancements. With those words i start to lead you out of town towards the location of where the enemy will reside for us to fight. Passing by many people and buildings that line the streets. So you never answered my question Spencer. How have you been doing? You doing okay? I ask curiously wondering if the reason it wasn't answered is if something has been going on that i don't know about. I can only hope that such fears are wrong since i could only hope to try and solve this issue in some way.

Spencer smiled a bit when Hestia asked to see his gear. He brought out his shield and held on to it, and also gripped his mace. He put on his upgraded bracers, taking cloak off as well, made it better for him to attack. He was still a weakling when compared to like Hestia, but he was trying to slowly work his way back up to a decent level compared to the others around him, because it seemed as thought everyone was a higher level than him, but he was actually somewhat determined, he was having an okay day. He looked at Hestia and laughed a bit, it seemed that their equipment seemed pretty close to each other. "I want to be like a paladin build, is that what you are going for as well? That's... That's hella weird." He laughed and smiled, it seemed strange for the two of them to have similar builds. Hestia said something about how he was, and Spencer's face dropped a little bit. "I-I'm fine, just a little tired is all." He mumbled and looked at the ground.

I admire your armor with a grin as i inspect it unable to help my natural curiosity as i look at the gauntlets, and then towards the mace and shield as i nod my head seeing that things are pretty similar. At the very least the two of them aren't a exact mirror of each other, so that means they can at least bring different thins to the table in terms of combat do to just the weapon difference alone. I am going for a Paladin build also healing and tanking are what i am going for also. I say rather cheerfully and happily with a chuckle as i look to Spencer and then grins. Hey can i be like your mentor maybe? I ask a little excitedly knowing we're pretty similar so it could work in theory. What are the enhancements on your items by the way? I ask curiously knowing that by knowing that it could be known how you wish for your build to go.

When you state how you're fine i shake my head no and just taps you on the forehead. You're not okay Spencer you mumbled, and you looked a little bit sadder. Tell me what is wrong please. I say in a serious, but gently tone of voice not noticing that i had once more entered big sister mode like i had done when with Kimi when taking down Avalanche. The words of Kimi playing in the back of my mind of how we're like a family, and that i am like a big sister. As i say these words i gently put a hand on your shoulder and moves in front of you to make sure that the point is made of no progress till we talk.

Spencer was going to answer what Hestia asked about with his build and what enhancements that he had, but Hestia had other ideas. She stopped the man in his tracks to talk to him about his feelings, and he was both scared and glad at this point. Hestia looked him in the eyes and he felt his own eyes welling up. "I... It's nothing really, d-don't worry about it Hestia, Let's...lets just go." He mumbled and felt his knees wobble a bit. "Please.. I.. I." He started to cry. He covered his face with his cloak, letting himself silently cry. He hated this, more than he hated most things in life. He didn't want her to know what was going on, because he didn't want to make his problem her problem. But he couldn't hold on to it anymore, he had to let it out. "Hestia I'm s-so sorry. Y-you don't deserve it, y-you d-don't deserv-ve this.." He leaned against a tree and his crying a tad bit louder. He sighed and tried to force himself to stop crying, he didn't want to be crying anymore, he didn't want to feel anymore... He didn't want to... anymore. He looked up at Hestia after a moment, his eyes red and puffy. "I'm s-sorry..."

I remain in front of you not budging even though it pains me to do so as i can see the tears beginning to well up, and then start actually crying. As soon as i see the tears i wrap my arms around you and just hugs you close. It's okay Spencer, Hestia is here you can let all the tears out. I say in a gentle voice letting you cry against me. Their is no need to say sorry Spencer their is nothing wrong with crying, and their is nothing wrong with telling others what is wrong. We want to help you, and trying to keep all those emotions in won't help. They would only build up more and more till you make a possibly really bad decision. I say to you as Kuro nudges his head ever so gently against your leg to let you know that eve my familiar is here for you to try and cheer you up as much as he can. i can only feel slightly glad that this is out of town, or this would be even more embarrassing or such for Spencer to have more people seeing him.

Spencer smiled sadly at Kuro, the lion was nudging his leg, and it made him a little happier, he loved the little guy, even though it seemed as though the Lion didn't really want connection with anyone. "T-thank you... Thank you so much Hestia. You don't know how much it means to me. I feel like I can't talk to anyone, and I don't want to burden anyone with my problems.." He trailed off and slowly let go of Hestia, looking up at her. He didn't know where to start with what was going on, he didn't know if Hestia even wanted to know what was going on with him, considering the fact no one really knew, except Teion on that is. He ran a hand through his hair and looked up at the girl. "I uhh. I don't know where to start...." He mumbled and sat down, there was a dry part where the snow was landing near the two of them, and Spencer needed to sit down. "It kind of all started during the Familiar quest I guess. Seeing you and Kimi having your familiars made me jealous, not so much the familiars... but with having someone there for them. It bothered me that I didn't have someone, especially considering the only guy I have ever liked in this god forsaken game doesn't like me back, and I had to see him with the woman he is in love with.... That was more recent I guess."

I nod my head as i listen to you speak as i frown a little bit hearing that this all started when we were hanging out during the familiar quest. 'How did i not even notice his bad mood?' I think to myself questioningly wondering if i can try to think of moments he had shown such wanting, and when doing so i can only mentally grown realizing all those comments of wanting familiars like Kuro and Noodle now make a lot of sense. 'He was really just wanting a companion to hangout with. I wish i had noticed earlier and was able to help with this.' i think to myself as i look into your eyes. On hearing the second part my eyes widen a bit and then gives you another small hug. I don't know really what to say Spencer. I know that must be a rather hard thing to go through and everything. I believe that is called unrequited lvoe the worst kind honestly. Since the idea of it is better to have loved then to never loved at all is quite a true saying one that is think is true. i say as i then break away from the hug with a nod of my head. If their is anyway i can try to help i would wish to help you find love in this game since you deserve to be with someone. From the little i have seen of you Spencer you seem like a really kind and funny person that whoever you end up with is going to be a lucky one. I say in a gentle and kind tone of voice.

Spencer calmed down a little bit, he wiped his eyes. He sighed and looked at Hestia, who had a look of concern and sadness on. It hurt him to see that she was upset that he was upset, it was something that he really didn't want to happen... but he was happy that the woman was here with him. He felt the hug go around him, and he smiled and hugged her back for a moment. It was nice to be given a hug, considering the fact that it had been a while for him to have received a hug. Hestia broke the hug off and said something about how she would help in any way she can, and how he deserves someone amazing and great. "Thanks.. It does mean a lot to have someone thinking that, thank you Hestia... Thank you for hear me out with all of this." He wiped a stray tear away and gave her a genuine smile. He still felt horrible, his heart was in knots, but he was going to work through it the best that he could, it was the only thing that he could do... he was hoping he could do it anyways. "I'd rather talk about something else now... if that's okay? Maybe we could go kill this boss and move everything along?" He smiled a bit more at the woman.

I just nod my head in understanding. It was nothing Spencer i will always be here for my family. I say not catching myself when i say that, and doesn't really try to backpedal at all as if i didn't notice myself saying that or i don't mind saying it. I'm fine with moving right along in this quest Spencer as long as you know i am here for you always if you ever need someone to talk to. I will do my best to support you to the greatest extent of my ability. I say as i then take your hand and starts to lead you towards where the quest is suppose to start at. My familiar Kuro quickly following after us sticking a bit closer to you and nuzzling himself against you in a affectionate manner. As we travel through the snowey floor their isn't a singular mob to be seen which might be do to my level being to high for any mob to dare try and attack, and while we're traveling a mountain in the distance slowly starts to take shape. the lair of the snow beast.

Spencer smiled and hugged Hestia. He gave the woman and tight hug, letting a single tear go down his face. He was so happy to have that woman in his life, she really was family, and he couldn't be happy. "Thank you for being my family." He mumbled and broke the hug, letting his face blush lightly. He brushed himself off, and reached down to pet Kuro. He smiled at the familiar, stroking its mane softly before standing up and going with Hestia, advancing their charge to fight the monster. I can't believe this is happening to me. All this depression stuff, but having someone there for me... it is a nice change of pace, but it was sweet to know that someone was there for me, and wants to be there for me. "You really are like a big sister, thank you. I never really had a great big sister growing up. I had one, just not a good one." He smiled sadly a bit and looked up at her. Before he could say more, he saw a figure looming in the distance, The Snow Beast. "Okay.. Here we go."

I blush bright red hearing you actually call me familiar as i realize where i messed up when i said that, but even though i said that by accident i just smile happily feeling the tight hug as i return it and holds you a bit closer. It's nothing Spencer i am just being the big sister i have always been. It's just that my family has grown from just blood relations to all of the guild. Also, just know that i won't call Jomei, or Telrenya mom or dad though. That is a bit to out of place for me. I say with a small chuckle speaking in a joking and playful tone of voice. Kuro smiles happily at the pets you give him as he nuzzles your hand the lion familiar now fine with people petting him after months of having received such treatment. I then smile a bit sadly hearing that you didn't have a good big sister as i give you a one armed hug. Well even if this big sister wasn't that great you will have me from now on, and i promise to be the best big sister i can be for my  younger brother now. I say with a happy smile.

Once we arrive at the mountain their is just a small skull on a stick as i pick up another stick that is nearby as i hit the skull hard and fast as a gong like sound echoes through the fields as the snow beast jumps down and roars at the two of us as i quickly activates Howl. Come here you snowy little monkey. You're not harming my family when Hestia is on the job. I say sounding deathly serious as i quickly moves away from you giving you a pat on your shoulder. You got this Spencer. I say kindly as i then move myself around the beast in a arc to keep his attention off of you.

Spencer ran up with Hestia, the creature was way above them, seemed a bit tall. He sighs a bit and gets his mace and shield ready, it was another fight. He sighed again, considering he was not strong in terms of fighting. He shrugged to himself a bit and gripped his mace harder. He turned to watch Hestia activate Howl, te monster was now trained on her, not on him. This is my chance. He mumbled and ran forward, mace in hand. He slashed at the beast once, and then went again. The two of them making an 'X' mark before he spun and jammed his handle backwards, knocking the beast on to the ground. The Stun icon appeared above the Creature's head, signifying that it wasn't going to be moving. "Okay! Your turn Hestia, the thing doesn't seem to be moving anytime soon." He smiled a bit, he was happy that he was able to do something to push the combat forward.

Spencer | Hp 320/320 | En 25/32 | Dmg 4 | Mit 20 | Thorns 14 |

[H:3] Hestia |

Snow Beast | Hp 230/250 | Dmg 160 | Base 24 Dmg, No Matter What | STUNNED |

ID: 95296 BD: 9 MD: 6 (Stunned On Spencer's Attack) 5x4 = 20 Damage, + Stunned [Strike Heart Sword Art

I look at the snow beast with a grin as i see it keeping its eyes locked upon me as i just grin at the enemy knowing it is making the mistake of not keeping its eyes upon your form. However, what happens next is quite surprising as i see the creature just topple over having a stunned icon as i turn to see you with a grin. Nice job Spencer! Lets hope my enhancements kicks in. I call out as i quickly moves forward and then slices into the stunned enemy creating a star upon its body with four lines going along it for my sword arts. However, the marks disappear signifying that bleed didn't proct as i back away from the enemy as i can only figure it is going to get back up to attack very quickly as i can already see its movement starts to become visible. My familiar Kuro just laying in the snow comfortably.

#95298  BD:7+1=8   CD:9  -2 ENG  12 DMG

[H:1]Spencer | Hp 320/320 | En 25/32 | Dmg 4 | Mit 20 | Thorns 14 |

[H:4] Hestia | 810/810  76/78ENG  Paralyzex2 l Regen (+10 HP when hit at beginning of turn) l Recovery (+2 ENG when CD:6+)

Snow Beast | Hp 218/250 | Dmg 160 | Base 24 Dmg, No Matter What | STUNNED |

@Spencer

"Thanks Sis! Lets hope that keeps him from hurting us for a little bit." He calls to her before watching her go for the attack. She didn't deal as much damage as he did, but at the same time that was okay, she wasn't doing a build to do that much damage, her build was to protect and to take hits, just like she was doing. Spencer smiled a little bit and watched her go back from her attack position, so Spencer then went in for the attack. He ran in and almost slipped on the ice, but he actually just kind of slides into combat and slashed at the monster. He hit it right in the gut, sending it to try to attack Hestia, its attack still going for her. The creature, because it recently just got hit by Spencer's attack, fell short of clawing at the woman, the two of them were still not damaged. "Okay, you're up." He called to her, jumping back from it.

[H:2]Spencer | Hp 320/320 | En 23/32 | Dmg 4 | Mit 20 | Thorns 14 |

[H:4] Hestia | 810/810  76/78ENG  Paralyzex2 l Regen (+10 HP when hit at beginning of turn) l Recovery (+2 ENG when CD:6+)

Snow Beast | Hp 206/250 | Dmg 160 | Base 24 Dmg, No Matter What |

ID: 95316 BD: 5 + 1 = 6 MD: 2 + 1 = 3

I look towards the giant beast as i sigh softly having wished i could get lucky with my RNG build, but it seems like the enemy doesn't have such luck for himself in trying to hit him. However, that doesn't mean it is against the enemy since it has been stunned for its only turn of combat. i quickly go in and slash at the enemy with my sword quickly four times, and once more the marks disappear and don't stay meaning bleed isn't activating. Seems like today isn't the day for my RNG Spencer. I say with a shake of my head as i look towards the enemy sticking close wanting it to stay looking at me to try and fight me. I look towards my familiar who is in position to take off into the air encase i need to activate my own stun sword art to see if it doesn't fail me like it usually does.

#95319 BD:7+1=8  3x4=12

[H:2]Spencer | Hp 320/320 | En 23/32 | Dmg 4 | Mit 20 | Thorns 14 |

[H:5] Hestia | 810/810  73/78ENG  Paralyzex2 l Regen (+10 HP when hit at beginning of turn) l Recovery (+2 ENG when CD:6+) l THRNS: 28 DMG (non crit hits on me)

Snow Beast | Hp 194/250 | Dmg 160 | Base 24 Dmg, No Matter What |