[PP-F4/16] Sand and Snow (Farming w/ Mars) <<COMPLETE>>

Pinball took his first few steps off the teleporter of Floor 4, the cold stinging his cheeks. He didn't have any warm clothes, but what he was here to do wouldn't require him to be comfortable. Besides, It wasn't as if there were any real penalties for going out in calm weather, regardless of how cold it was. Whenever Pinball got uncomfortable, he would just tell himself it was a game... and that he'd be over it soon. He leaned against his spear, taking some time to plan out the best course of action. He was here to farm, but doing it alone could be dangerous, especially if he decided on fishing and reeled up a boss monster, as he was so prone to doing. Swiping open his menu, he sighed. It wasn't something he really wanted to, rather, it was necessary. Alone, he stood no chance against the icy monsters that could be fished up. There was only one person he knew that was close enough to help him: Mars. He knew it wasn't the smartest thing to do, as they were rivals, but it was the only way he could ensure his own safety. He swiped close his menu, after having sent a message to Mars, asking if he "knew how to ice-fish ;^>". Leaning back against a building near the spawn point, Pinball rubbed his hands together, wondering if one could get frostbite in SAO

@Mars

Stats:

Spoiler

Pinball 

Lvl: 17 | HP: 340 | EN: 34 | EVA: 3 | ACC: 3 |  DMG: 6 |

Equipped: 

• Leather Armor of the Amatuer Duelist: +3 EVA {3 Slots} 
  • Naughty or Nice Blade: +2 Freeze, +1 Phase, Cursed {4 Slots} 
  • Warrior's Focus: +3 ACC {3 Slots} 

Skills: 

• 2H Assault Spear ~ Rank 4
  • Fishing 
  • <<Empty>>
  • <<Empty>>

Battle Ready Inventory: 

• <<Empty>>

Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He relaxes on the third floor planning on finding that quest where you have to get kidnapped by some weak bandits. It would be a humiliating experience for certain, but it would be better then not doing the quest at all. However, just as he was about to step out of town he looks down and sees a notification from pinball. He raises an eyebrow at that and looks at what the message says as he grins a bit figuring this could take some priority. Getting loot from this would be better then from the bandit quest. With that he quickly makes his way towards the teleporter pad once more in Delilah. After a good fifteen minutes of walking he arrives at the pad and then says the words. Teleport, Snowfrost. he says calmly as the cold hits his body as he frowns hating that he keeps forgetting to eventually head over to the fifth floor to get survival. Now he is here on the fourth frozen wasteland once more. He looks over and quickly spots the fisherman. I heard you needed a war god to kill some fish bosses alongside you. He says with a grin on his face. his fire liger right next to him its fire blazing hot to provide its owner with warmth. He grins down at his familiar and gives it a nod.

Pinball nods, a small smile on his face despite himself. Though Mars was a very different person than Pinball, he was still somebody to be around with, and was still somebody to back him up. Pinball stood up straight, taking note of the familiar but saying nothing. "Yeah, man," he nods, pointing with his spear to the path that lead to the wilderness of the fourth floor, "it's time to fish." Pinball laughed, then, thumping his spear on the ground. "If it's anything like the Cuddle Fish, they shouldn't be too much of a problem." Pinball walked off, now, leading Mars to the river he had fished with Stryder at. 

It wasn't long before they got there. A small stream, partially frozen. Pinball took his spear in both hands, using the wooden end of it to smash a hole in the thin ice. Tossing his spear to the side, Pinball materialized his fishing rod; the same exact one he had used during the Venemous Warg quest. He didn't take a seat in the snow, rather stood, overlooking the water. He would be really cold if he sat in the snow. "So," he said, looking over to Mars. "What have you been up to?"

@Mars

Well as you can see i've gotten myself a familiar during the time between our last match in dealing with the cuddle fish once and for all. After that i completed let their be light on the second floor. Now i am going to take the third floor by storm and defeat all of its quests, and if i get ready for our duel between such completion then that is just a bonus. he says with a grin on his face as his familiar follows him towards the wilderness of the fourth floor. Mars wearing his assassin garb ready to fight whatever Pinball manages to fish out of the frozen ground underneath. he can only hope it isn't something like a prehistoric dinosaur that could be found via surviving the ice age that is the fourth floor. His familiar just gazes at the fisherman for only a moment in slight boredom and apathetic stare. The creature believing itself stronger then this being from speed and flames being its protector, and having a stronger owner. The Fire liger being a rather proud and arrogant being. Almost as if doing its best to mimic mars, or that being its natural personality.

"Yeah, I noticed," he said absently, casting a glance at the familiar. He didn't attempt to pet the monster, as he was tempted to... after all, it was Mars' familiar, and if the creature was anything like its owner? It was something Pinball didn't feel like aggravating. Pinball nodded, listening to Mars' plan. Taking the third floor by storm. That sounded about right. Mars seemed to be following up with his claim that he would complete each floor's quests to level up. Pinball was following up with his plan, too... "I don't really know." He shrugged, and nodded in the direction of the river. "Well, time to get fishin'." Pinball cast the line, and almost immediatly, he had a bite. A small screen notified him he had fished up four tier-one materials. Not bad, he thought, turning to Mars with a thumbs up. "No boss monster so far. Be ready, though. You can never be too careful." He turned back to the water, readying his line for another attempt. It was the first time Pinball was looking forward to fishing up a boss monster.

@Mars

----------Fishing----------

ID# 95250 

CD: 11 

4 T1 Mats fished up. 

Loot Pool: 

• 4 T1 Mats 
Edited by Pinball

Once they arrive at a fishing location he calmly sits down by the man fishing as his familiar watches from a distance to make sure not to unfrost the water and cause them to plunge if it accidentally started to melt all the ice around it. He grins a bit hearing that the fisherman requests him to get ready as he gets up and starts practicing his fighting which has become a mixture of Tai kwan do, and basic street fighting that anybody would resort to as he calmly watches his partner fish up some materials his familiar seeing its owner begin to fight a imaginary opponent quickly shoots fire at Mars. Seeing the light quickly become brighter he quickly bends backwards giving his familiar a look and then grins. Good job Vereox keep me on my toes now then do so again i need to make sure i can dodge anything. he tells his familiar who nods and starts fighting its owner as training.

The Fisherman cast his line in the water, watching the ripples, content. There was something oddly calming about fishing, even when there was the ever present threat of fishing up a deadly monster. The silence that came along with it was what Pinball enjoyed, too. All that could be heard was the sounds of the forest, and all that could be seen was an expansive blanket of white. He reeled in his line, fishing up a single T1 material.

Pinball hadn't been paying attention to what was going on behind him. Because of this, when he felt something hot flashing behind him, he jumped, whirling around with his fists put up. "Jesus!" he exclaimed, totally caught off guard. He hadn't expected Mars to do something like that. But, the man seemed so calm about the whole thing. "Are you sure that thing is trained?" Pinball asked, his head shifting between the two. His worst fear at the moment was getting knocked into the river by a stray fireball.

@Mars

---Fishing---

ID# 95252 

CD: 5 

1 T1 Material fished up. 

Loot Pool: 

• 5 T1 Mats.
Edited by Pinball

Vereox is completely trained Pinball he is my familiar. You should know me, and know that i wouldn't allow a untrained familiar to be allowed anywhere near the battle field. With that you can deduce that Vereox is completely trained and ready to face and destroy any enemy that could come to attack my person with ease and efficiency. He says calmly while dodging blasts of fire, flaming claws, and streams of fire. Stepping and dodging his familiar at every step of the way wondering when his familiar will finally learn about tactics and how to trap the opponent rather then just try to brute force its way into success. Since while he may seem like a bull in a china shop in his way of approaching the enemy it is rather calculated with each strike to make sure it does the max amount of damage to their system while putting them into a place where they can't escape from in maneuverability .

Pinball smiled, though he looked worried as he turned back to the river. "W-well, alright," he answered sheepishly. Throwing his line into the water, he grimaced as a sharp tug yanked the rod forwards. "We've got company!" Pinball reeled in his line... a block of ice. "Oh?" Pinball took a step towards it, only to be blown into the snow by a gust of wind. Snow and ice swirled around it, until the monster finally took form. A rather scary looking snowman grinned evilly at the two players, and Pinball ducked an attack from the snowman's arms. He leapt back, looking to distance himself from the monster so he could jump for his spear. A name appeared, then... "Frosty? Frosty Bottom." He burst out laughing, looking at Mars with tears in his eyes. "Look at that!" he exclaimed, frantically pointing at the name above the monster's health bar. "Not quite as clever as the Cuddle Fish, I think," Pinball chuckled, wiping his eye, "but still glorious all the same.

------------------

ID# 95256 

CD: 1 

Fishing Boss! 

- Combat - 

MD: 3 - 3 = 0 

Frosty Bottom attacks Pinball - Misses 

-Enemies- 

Frosty McFrostypants: 340/340 HP | 102 DMG | 17 MIT 

-Players- 

Pinball: 340/340 HP | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

@Mars: ???/??? HP | ???

Edited by Pinball

He looks as a snowman appears of all things from a fishing failure as he raises an eyebrow at that, but decides not to question it to much as he nods towards his liger. Well come now no backing out now. He says with a grin appearing on his face as his familiar growls its flames becoming even hotter. With that the two sprint forward Mars' fists gaining energy around them, and the liger dashing around the snowman then letting out a burst of fire scorching the back of the snowman reducing its health by a little bit. After that comes the strikes from mars punching into the snowman reducing its health by a decent bit. Each fist trying to find a nerve point, but it is made of snow so it doesn't have such a thing to its body. The snowman just leers down as he glares at it while backing away a little bit as he glances at Pinball. Seems these things are meant to be stronger then players. Take notes this might be how our battle goes in terms of damage. he says in a amused tone, and a actually genuine sounding joking tone to it.

#95267   BD:8   9x9=81-17=64  -10 ENG

Frosty McFrostypants: 276/340 HP | 102 DMG | 17 MIT 

-Players- 

@Pinball: 340/340 HP | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:1] Mars: 360/360 HP | 26/36   3 ACC  3 EVA  9 DMG (1 base+6 rank +2 familiar)

Edited by Mars

Pinball ran after his spear, breaking into a roll. Snow kicked up where he landed, but he jumped back up, activating one of his new and most powerful sword arts,  Vent Forth. A single, powerful spear jab pushed the monster back an inch, and the monster's health bar dropped a little. Pinball rushed to Mars' side, his spear lifted and ready to jab, slash, or do anything that needed to be done. They were making decent progress, but their energy would soon deplete. Pinball prayed that he could freeze the monster, or even bypass its mitigation. The two of the enhancements together would be ideal, as it would help turn the tide of the battle. Pinball grimaced, watching the grinning monster inch closer to them. It wasn't particularly fast... or was that intentional? He couldn't help but feel there was something deadly about the monster they fought. "Alright, let's let him have it. You got any plan? One of us might need to run off to recover energy at one point.

------------------------

Combat - 

ID# 95274 

BD: 7 (Hit) MD: 5 - 3 = 2 (Miss) 

Pinball activates Vent Forth vs Frosty 

6*10 = 60 - 17 = 43 DMG! 

Frosty attacks Mars - Misses. 

-11 EN

-Enemies- 

Frosty McFrostypants: 233/340 HP | 102 DMG | 17 MIT 

-Players-

[H:1] Pinball: 340/340 HP | 23/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:1] @Mars: 360/360 HP | 26/36 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

He watches as the enemy gets hit by your sword art as its health gets lowered by what i can assume is a decent amount. He then nods to his familiar once more who lets out a blast of fire at he enemy scorching it once more and lowering its health by the same small amount as he then personally continues going forward towards the enemy and then punches the enemy over and over with multitude of punches all over its body as its health depletes once more dropping into the yellow zone of health as he grins at the damage. After that he quickly backs away via back flips back towards Pinball and then nods his head to his companion. Yeah that will be an issue possibly. However, in theory it is also possible we could defeat the enemy before we lose all our energy. he says calmly to Pinball with a nod of his head.

#95275  BD:3+3=6 9x9=81-17=64  -9 ENG

-Enemies- 

Frosty McFrostypants: 169/340 HP | 102 DMG | 17 MIT 

-Players-

[H:1] @Pinball: 340/340 HP | 23/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:2] Mars: 360/360 HP | 17/36 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

Edited by Mars

Pinball nodded, shrugging. "We'll just have to see what happens." Pinball charged the monster, activating the same sword art he had just used. The attack wounded the monster again, but, much to his dismay, none of his enhancements were activated. "Damn it!" he was able to curse, just before the snowman attacked. It would seem that the monster was in fact faster than it was letting on - and much, much stronger. The monster's claw came down across Pinball's torso like a lightning bolt, sending the fisherman sprawling backwards. Pinball gasped for air, the shock of the impack stunning him for a moment. Then, he angrily punched the snow, pulling himself up and retrieving his spear. Watching the grinning monstrosity carefully, Pinball inched back over to Mars, a long, red, pixellated slash cutting clean across the leather of his armour. "I've got, say, one more good hit in me before I'm out of energy. Let's pray I can manage to get past this thing's defenses and freeze it, yeah? Hit it with the best you've got."

---------------

ID# 95276 

BD: 6 (Hit) MD: 9 (Crit+1) 

Pinball activates Vent Forth - Hits 

6*10 = 60 - 17 = 43 DMG 

Frosty attacks Pinball - Hits 

102+1 = 103 DMG 

-Enemies- 

Frosty McFrostypants: 126/340 HP | 102 DMG | 17 MIT 

-Players-

[H:2] Pinball: 237/340 HP | 12/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:2] @Mars: 360/360 HP | 17/36 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

He watches the attack hit and grins watching the monster tick more and more down towards nothing, but then the attack happened and seeing Pinball's health tick down his eyes widen ever so slightly. 'Huh rather strange that this is rather strong. Much more then anticipated.' he thinks to himself as he sees Pinball come back as he pats his shoulder. Next turn it will die that is it. he says sounding absolutely confident as he then charges forward towards the enemy and starts punching it over and over with rapid left and right punches as it looses more and more of its health and also mass as it slowly sinks down more and more from my familiar hitting the enemy with a single stream of fire as it continues to melt.

After the assault Mars once more back away as his familiar starts walking back also not frightened by this opponent since it seems to only attack the humors and not itself.He then look over to Pinball with a grin. It is barely holding on Pinball set it up just right and we can end this. he says with a grin on his face.

#95278  BD:4+3=7   9x9=81-17=64  -9 ENG

-Enemies- 

Frosty McFrostypants: 62/340 HP | 102 DMG | 17 MIT 

-Players-

[H:2] @Pinball: 237/340 HP | 12/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:3]Mars: 360/360 HP | 8/36 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

Edited by Mars

"Bah, screw setting it up. I'm killing it-," he growled, raising his spear, "-now!" Pinball charged the monster, launching himself into Vent Forth for the final time. A fresh gust of icy wind blasted the group, telling him freeze had activated, and his entire weapon glowed a faint white, informing him that phase had activated as well. He grinned, knowing what that meant. "Bonk!" he happily exclaimed, bringing the spear up hard against the snowman's "jaw". Frosty McFrostyPants' health dropped into nothingness, and the monster shattered, shards raining down like the snow. Pinball, excited, dropped his spear, checking the rewards.... and died a little inside. "Two tier-one mats, and a rare consumable," he mumbled, showing Mars. "1360 col, though. I guess that's a plus." The boy closed the screen and retrieved his spear. "God," he complained, rubbing his chest where the gash was, "that thing packed a punch. Lucky you didn't get hit." He stumbled back over to the river, tripping over snow as he went along. 

--------------

ID# 95281 

BD: 10 (Crit+2) MD: 1 (Miss!) 

Pinball activates Vent Forth - Crit! 

Phase Activates! 

6+2= 8*10 = 80 - 8 = 72 DMG! 

Frosty McFrostypants is DEAD. 

Freeze Activates! 

-Enemies- 

Frosty McFrostypants: 0/340 HP | 102 DMG | 17 MIT 

-Players-

[H:4] Pinball: 237/340 HP | 1/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:3] Mars: 360/360 HP | 8/36 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

--------------------------------------

Looting: 

ID# 95282 

LD: 20 CD: 7 

Gained: 

• 1360 Col 
  • 2 T1 Materials 
  • [1] <<Unidentified T1 Rare Consumable>>
Edited by Pinball

He watches his ally move towards the enemy and goes in for the kill and then chuckles seeing the snow get frozen completely from your enhancement going off. He just shrugs not seeing a big deal with that anymore knowing he is forced with what he weapon gives Pinabll while he can just choose what he desires. Who hit, and who didn't get hit doesn't matter Pinball the fact of the matter is that we killed another one of your fish bosses. We got a good amount of loot from doing so. Even if the amount of other loot besides COL we got is not at the greatest. He says calmly as he goes to the lake once more as he sits down besides the spot where you were fishing as if familiar walks over and melts himself a spot in the ground to get no snow as he then lays in it after he evaporates all the water also to have nice solid ground. Showing that the ground is all dirt from most likely the snow having killed all the grass long ago during this floor's creation.

Pinball nodded. "I guess it could be worse," he grumbled, picking up his fishing rod. He shuffled over to the water, tossing his spear aside in favor of his fishing rod. Good thing his legs couldn't get sore. Pinball looked out over the water, then back at Mars and his familiar. The monster had burnt a patch of snow away, and Mars sat down with it. Pinball turned back to the stream, and tossed his line into the water. A few moments pass, and Pinball had a bite. Reeling the line in, a small screen popped up in front of him, telling him what he had gathered; two tier-one materials. Pinall placed them in his inventory, where he checked how much they had gathered so far. "Any interesting conversation topics? It gets awful lonely over here." Pinball pulled in his line completely now, getting ready for another attempt to fish up some loot. If they were lucky, Pinball would fish up a treasure chest. If he was unlucky, he would pull in another boss monster. If that happened, it wasn't nearly as likely they'd be able to dispatch it as smoothly. 

OOC: 

EN: 1/3 

Health: +10 - 247/340 

@Mars

-------

Fishing 

ID# 95297 CD: 7 

2 T1 Materials fished up. 

Loot Pool: 

• 1360 Col 
  • 9 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

Any interesting conversation topics? he says in a questioning tone with a raised eyebrow as he then leans back to think as he glances towards the sky to think of what would be the best in debate style of conversation since those are the most fascinating. he then turns to his companion after thinking for a few minutes. Well how about this what do you think is the nature for Kayaba trapping us within the game? Do you think it was for his own pleasure? An experiment? Or did it just cause? he asks wondering if the player will choose one of the options or give his own answer if he realizes that this isn't a multiple choice but a question that can't be answered so easily. After asking that he looks into the water not stating his answer yet since he doesn't have a conclusive one at this very moment. He can feel his familiar flare up as he sees it burning away any snow and water that try to land on it.

Pinball shrugged. "No interesting conversation topics, sorry." It was true. He had nothing. It wasn't the first time, and it would certainly not be the last time Pinball was caught without anything to talk about. He wasn't the most interesting person in the world, after all. "Why do I think," he echoed, turning his attention to the water. "Maybe he just wanted to. I don't know - but maybe there wasn't some kind of idealistic goal for this whole thing. Maybe he was just plain crazy. Too many people try to justify insanity - he's just a psycopath that wanted to do it just because... just because he wanted to. There probably really isn't any answer besides that." Pinball cast his line, watching the ripples that followed. "Ah," he smiled, reeling in his line, "coming along nicely. Though, I kinda want to fight something else... after I heal up, of course." Pinball shrugged, slinging his fishing rod over his shoulder. Fishing was fun, and it was something he greatly enjoyed. It only just so happened they were benefiting so greatly from it. He yawned a bit, unsure of how to continue after that. 

--------------------------

ID# 95363 

CD: 9 

3 T1 Mats fished up. 

Loot Pool: 

• 1360 Col 
  • 12 T1 Materials 

Edited by Pinball

He looks towards his companion at hearing his explanation as he shakes his head. Think of this Pinball how could a insane man get the funds to make this game? How could a insane man make it to the corporate level where he was allowed to make all of this. he says calmly to his partner while looking into the water they are next to. Didn't you ever think their could be more to this then just a insane man's doing? he is clearly smart enough to make this game, and wise enough to get the financial backing. He wasn't insane probably, but had a goal in coming to this. It is only a matter of figuring out what it is from beating the game, or from clues he could've left behind. He says to his partner stating his own belief on the matter wondering if he can stimulate a nice debate or conversation on this tactic that could branch off into similar topics.