[PP-F4/16] Sand and Snow (Farming w/ Mars) <<COMPLETE>>

Pinball listened to Mars' opinion on the matter, and he felt a very strong need to respond. "But insanity doesn't necessarily mean stupidity! Where do you think the phrase 'Mad Scientist' comes from?" He cast his line before looking back to Mars. "And he probably wasn't raving mad, either. At least, not the paint huffing kind. But - " he continued, taking a glance back at his line, struggling to compose a coherent sentence without stuttering or stalling out, "but there was definitely something wrong with him. Wha- what I'm trying to say is that - is that insanity doesn't impair intelligence. It definitely muddles people's view of the world, but I don't think intelligence is something that can just be... lost like that. Not without some kind of severe brain damage, anyways. But a standard psycopath wouldn't have that! Which brings me back to my first point." This was definitely the most he'd talked in a single moment. A treasure chest thumped in front of them, and Pinball laughed. "Look! Treasure chest! You wanna open it?"

------------------------------------

Fishing: 

ID# 95443 

CD: 12 

Treasure Chest Fished Up! 

Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He grins a bit as his companion starts talking, and for quite a bit of time longer then the usual amount as his plan had actually worked. To say a statement that can sound like fact, but throw in just enough to leave open room for debate against the obvious flaw. Something that has definitely worked to perfection for himself to start a proper debate with his partner that now might be more open to talking since he has started. He is a smart, but insane man for certain Pinball. However, i do think their is more to this then just a whim from some person. It is most likely something more that either we have missed when he announced our state within this game, or something he has not revealed to us players for one reason or the other. Soon after he says that he hears the water get splashed upwards as a chest land on the ground as he grins at that rather good spot of luck as he then looks to his companion and gestures for him to open it. you can open it Pinball you found it, you can open it. He says calmly figuring his companion luck couldn't be bad enough to spawn a mimic.

Pinball winced. He had been hoping Mars opened it. Pinball shrugged, crouching in front of the chest, his hand resting on the lid. He was tired of the debate. He had stated his point, but he wasn't one to try to convince someone that his point was the correct one. The fisherman looked back at Mars with a sly grin. "Are you defending Kayaba? Are you Kayaba?" He turned back to the chest, flipping it open quickly before staggering backwards, reaching for his spear... but nothing happened. A small screen popped up in front of him. It was a rewards menu! Pinball read off the rewards. "600 col, 8 tier-one materials, one perfect armor, and two rare consumables. All unidentified, of course." The menu blinked out of existence now, Pinball looking away. He grinned. "Pretty good haul so far, yeah?" Pinball kicked the chest, laughing. "We should probably move further downstream. I don't want to keep testing my luck. I like having all my fingers, and I'd appreciate it if a boss didn't take them from me."  

@Mars

------------------

Opening Treasure Chest: 

ID# 95481

LD: 16 

Success! Gained: 

• 4*150= 600 Col
  • 8 T1 Materials 
  • [1] <<Unidentified Perfect T1 Armor>>

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 20 T1 Materials 
  • [1] <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Armor>>
  • [3] <<Unidentified T1 Rare Consumable>>
Edited by Pinball

I'm not defending the man Pinball. He is a despicable human being for certain for purposefully deciding to try and get us all killed and trapped within the game. That he would be willing to have at least ten thousand players die just for his amusement for one reason or the other isn't good. I'm just stating that i am curious to the why of the situation. Since if we can figure that out it might be useful to use later if we somehow meet the man within this reality as him being a GM, or him as some sort of NPC. To get the answers being a rather important thing to try and help us grasp our situation better. He says calmly as he gets up nodding his head fine with moving down stream after the treasure chest was opened. Furthermore, i would want answers to how he made this game. To allow this industry to die out do to one mad man is not something that should happen. He says already knowing he would enter another VRMMORPG if it came out after his escape from this one.

Pinball shrugged, lazily reeling in his line, barely paying attention to the 1 Material he fished up. He had thought his joke would have ended the discussion. This might be something Mars cared or thought deeply about, though. Another part of him thought that Mars was baiting him into something with this discussion. Was he being tricked? Had he been tricked? Suddenly nervous, and a bit confused, Pinball scratched his head, deciding to keep talking despite his worry. "Bah, I doubt he's going to show up in-game, unless he decides to cull players for the hell of it. He's probably lording over our lives right now, threatening the government to kill us if they try to arrest him." Then again, there was always another possibility. "Or maybe he's hooked into the game himself. You saw the giant floating dude at the beginning of the game. He said he was Kayaba. You think he might have some kind of developer's room in-game, where he can keep track of the players?" Of course, that was far fetched, and his first proposal was much more sound than the second. It was a thought that left Pinball feeling disgusted. There was no telling what he - what any of the players would do to Kayaba if he showed up for an announcement without the admin privileges he demonstrated on opening day. "We... Let's change the subject."

-------------

ID# 95545

CD: 6 

1 T1 Material Fished up.

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 21 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

He grins a bit hearing Pinball continue as he just nods his head at the suggestion to change the subject having received what he wanted from this conversation. To make this player think critically about the things he might not think to much about at the very least. To consider all the options out their even the ones he wouldn't want to admit to himself could exist. Well what would you want to talk about then Pinball? What topic has you curious and questioning the world? He asks his companion wanting to see if he can find out his companion's interests that lay just  below the surface. That way he can use that as a jumping point to slowly question more and more to figure out this person's thinking, and how to make him think of all the possibilities. To then have him be prepared for every situation possible. That way he could see if he can have him be prepared for any build also to make the duels ahead more interesting. Then furthermore, increase his survivability for more duels in the future.

Was there a reason Mars was keeping up the conversation between the two of them, or was he just trying to keep entertained. Despite his best efforts, Pinball couldn't tell. Frustrated, he shrugged, still facing the water. "I dunno," he admitted, casting his line. He laughed. "I don't think much," the boy joked, reeling in his catch. Two T1 Materials. Things were going just swimmingly. "Sometimes I think about whether or not an inn is better than the chairs in my shop, but that's a bit hard to determine." The boy's jokes betrayed his discomfort, if Mars knew him well enough. There was no telling what Mars had been able to learn about the way he acted through their travels together. He hadn't been paying much attention to learning about Mars as Pinball usually did with unfamiliar people, much to his own dismay. That was the leading reason he couldn't understand the real reason Mars was talking to him; he had no idea what this man's intentions and goals were. He had no idea what made this guy tick, and it frustrated Pinball quite a bit, since he was so used to knowing these things about people. 

------------

ID# 95612

CD: 7 

2 T1 Materials Fished up. 

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 23 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

He just smiles on the inside while on the inside frowns at this happening having preferred to have gotten something from this individual rather then nothing at all which was what he got from this. he then looks over towards Pinball with a grin as a idea enters his mind. What about a guild. Any interesting thoughts on them Pinball? On people you know, or such? He asks wanting to at least find out about this person, and hopefully more so that Stryder individual. Wanting to see if he can find out what makes that man tick to prepare him for when he goes to fight against the martial artist that is his current goal in trying to beat, and triumph over. He grins a bit at the thought of such a day where that could be the case. he looks over to his familiar that looks absolutely bored once more now that the fighting has been completed.

He sighed, casting his line. Now, Mars was asking about his guild. He didn't seem the harm in telling him about it, since he trusted the man... To an extent. The line hit the water with a small splash, leaving Pinball to wait for his chance to reel it in. "Well," Pinball started, "what is it you want to know? I can tell you about any one of them; just pick a name." He took a moment to check the names of his guild members through his menu, reeling in his catch during the process. "I can tell you about Stryder, Eatos, Fae, Hei, Saphira, and only a small bit about Thorsten. I know absolutely nothing about Jade Eye, Crozeph, or Paglikha." He shrugged. They were racking up quite the amount of materials, though Pinball wouldn't be satisfied until they reached a number quite bigger than this one. Sure, they had one suit of fancy armour, but it was unidentified, and there was only one of it. He didn't want to argue over it like gamers were so prone to do, and he figured giving extra materials to whoever didn't get it would be fair.

-----------

ID# 95657 

CD: 10 

3 T1 Mats fished up 

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 26 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

he grins a bit as his companion seems willing to talk about his guild which is useful, and rather nice since he can get some information about the leader now. So then what about the one called Stryder what is he like? Do you know how strong he is? He asks curiously hoping to know about the man who is his goal to try and surpass. Hoping to eventually know enough to counter him entirely to surpass him, and then claim the title of strongest Martial artist in the lower bracket of players. SO then how much more do you think we should continue for Pinball? We seem to be having much better luck this time around in terms of fishing up some normal materials. However, if we wish to prepare for Tier 2 we will need to move up floors to get as many tier 2 materials to be ready to purchase what we need from whatever tailors we go to. He points out to his companion.

Pinball cast his line once more before answering either of Mars' questions. Tier two materials would be good, and if they were lucky, they might fish up a chest that has Tier Two armor and weapons. That would help out some players who needed it, he was sure. He waited for a while before he spoke. So, he was interested in Stryder it would seem. "He's level twenty-something. Last I asked, level twenty-seven, but he's been really active as of late. Level twenty-nine is my guess." Which was practically the truth. "He's pretty strong. He's dodgy, but he doesn't lack in his mitigation either, so getting past him will be kind of tough. It's been a goal of mine to fight him. Probably after you, I guess.

He fished up three more T1 Materials before standing. Brushing off the snow, he quickly stowed away his fishing pole with a few quick taps. "Yeah, let's go for some Tier-two stuff." He trudged through the ice, bent over, and retrieved his spear. "What floor? Oh, and also, you can lead the way, I'll walk next to you." As they walked, Pinball thought back to their previous encounters. "So," he whistled, "I never did catch your name." He looked over to Mars with a wink, shooting a finger gun. 

-----------------

ID# 95803 

CD: 9 

3 T1 Materials Fished Up

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 29 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

He nods his head at that at hearing what this Stryder has done with his build as he looks at his own build and looks to one little piece as he just glances at the equipment he has on. 'I could try to mimic the man, but if i manage to get lucky i could get better chance at surviving. However, the regen hasn't been that useful so i should just replace it with mitigation if need be.' He thinks to himself with a nod of his head as he walks alongside pinball when they start making their way towards the main settlement to one of the many floors that could give them tier two materials.  Well for floors we need one with a large enough body for fishing, so possible floor sixteen or fifteen depending on how well my memory is of the one with lots of islands. He says not remembering exactly just knowing it is between those two floors. When asked his name he just chuckles and gives a nod. The name is Mars that is all. He says in amusement figuring that his companion would've picked it up at some point, but apparently not that or he never said his name. Not being particularly sure of which it is.

"Sixteen or Fifteen? Jesus." The monsters up there were bound to be tough. Pinball wasn't sure they'd stand a chance if they got in trouble with one of the monsters in that wilderness. Luckily for them, fishing scaled according to the fisherman's level, but sadly, it didn't protect them from the monsters roaming the floor. "No," he said, furrowing an eyebrow, "I mean your real name. You had asked me mine, but I didn't want to answer." He shrugged. It didn't seem as important now. Why was he keeping his real name so confidential? Because information is powera certain side of him whispered. He nodded. "Yeah, nevermind," he continued. "I don't need to know it anyways. It'd be weird calling someone by their real name after so long anyways." He grinned, skipping ahead as they walked. Every now and then the teenager used his spear to pole vault himself... face first into the snow. He snorted, pushing himself up, before realizing he was acting like a chiild. "So," he said, falling back to walk besides Mars, "What have you been up to lately? Anything interesting, ol' chap?

He shrugs a bit at hearing the slgiht worry from his companion. The mobs could be strong up their, but we have a strong chance of easily surviving with the combined effort and strategic moving through the area to avoid any mobs that could be an undesirable in terms of strength, and its combat ability. He says in a calm tone to his companion. When asked for a real name though he frowns not wishing to state it and goes to say this discomfort but gets saved by his companion quickly backpedaling with the statement which he is just fine with. Not wishing to give something like that away so easily when people could use that information for evil in some way or the other if they knew who his family was in some form or the other. When asked the next question he just does a small shrug. Nothing exciting has really happened all that much since last we talked. he says rather honestly to his companion.

"Nothing interesting, huh? Yeah, that's cool I guess." He walked in silence for a while. "Did you know that a group of pugs is called a grumble?"

The two soon came to the starting town where they had met. This floor was cold, and it was only getting colder by the minute. Pinball was happy to be getting out of it. He took a few steps up the teleporter, his attention turning to two players arguing in front of a shop. One had dark blue hair, an elegant Two-handed sword hanging at her waist. She wore dark leather armor, and was apparently quite heated - she was giving her companion, a green haired lad in heavy plate, wielding a sword of similar elegancy (slung across his back,) quite the earful. He smiled and pointed them out to Mars with his thumb. "Lover's quarrel," he chuckled, just low enough so that they didn't hear him. "Anyways!" He hopped on to the pad, spreading his arms out wide. "Teleport, - wait, where are we going?"

He walks along with his companion into the town of snowfrost till they're at the teleport. His familiar staying bis his side as it glances at the annoying duo of people for being so loud in its opinion. Whatever it is Pinball i don't think it is in our right to intervene. That can stay a private matter unless you somehow have a connection or interest in the duo. He says towards his rival as he then glances at the duo, and then proceeds to say soon after, unless Pinball expresses some interest in the duo of people,. Teleport Zugaikotsushima. he says in a calm tone of voice as the two along with Mars' familiar would be teleported up towards the sixteenth floor. A floor made up of islands only with only faint telling and rumors of monsters that wail and scream within the forests. Come on the ocean should be nearby it is a island floor. He tells his companion for why he chose this one as he makes his way towards the nearest and safest route towards the beach like area out of the safe zone.

Pinball shrugged, a smile on his face. Then, he turned back to Mars, who was teleporting away. He frowned. "Zicoo what now?" But Mars was already gone. Pinball hopped on the pedastal, trying to teleport. "Zukotecumseh?" Nothing. "Zekaigoshooma." Still nothing. He started to worry. "Zugaikotsushima!" called out the couple, though he couldn't tell which one had said it. "T-thank you," he called back, spreading his arms in a dramatic fashion. "Teleport Zugaikotsushima!" A flash of light, and Pinball was greeted with the shining of the sun. It was quite warm on this floor. "The ocean?" Pinball asked excitedly. He loved the ocean, and because of the ocean fishing, even if the man who introduced him to it wasn't a part of his life anymore. He rushed forward, falling back only when he realized that this was in fact, Floor 16, and that Pinball could, in fact, die. He looked to Mars. "You sure about such a high level floor?" He shook his head. "Nah, it's fine. Let's go." He followed Mars quietly after that, keeping his mouth shut until they reached the beach. 

He walks along the path that he has made sure to memorize to allow him to navigate this floor with ease if need be to at least get to some important spots he thought he would be using much later in the future. However, it seems this time fate has smiled upon him and get him a partner/rival that has the skill he was waiting for in the future. The having to pass through many trees, and heavily dense flora to arrive at the beach which is entirely empty expt for the two players. When the two arrive at the beach Mars just sits down alongside his familiar as he glances at his rival. Well time to do your fishing thing Pinball. Now then try not to fish up a boss fish or anything like that on your first try like you managed to do when we finished up that Venemous Warg quest. he says in a slightly joking and teasing tone to the poor lad that seems to have terrible luck with such things.

Pinball grinned when he saw the ocean water. Just like he remembered it... yet not like it at all. His excitement dimmed then, but he nodded anyways. "Alright," he nodded, sending his spear through the sand with a thwump. "Let's get to it." He walked up to the shore, though there was no dock, and materialized his fishing rod. The wooden shaft of the tool dropped into his hands, and Pinball got as close to the water as he could without really getting wet himself. He cast the line, and waited. And waited. And waited. For what seemed like minutes on end, he stood there in silence, before finally giving up and reeling in his empty line. "That's a shame, isn't it," he muttered, looking back to Mars. He stepped aside to show the man he had sadly caught nothing. "Ah, well. There's plenty of fish in the sea, right?

--------------------------------------

ID# 95945

CD: 4 

Nothing seems to be biting. 

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 29 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

Well it is floor sixteen something wouldn't be all that easy since you're not use to this floor's fishing spots. he says with a slight wave not letting the man worry all that much about the failure. And as you said Pinball that there are many chances with what this floor can give for us in terms of materials, and enemies that could be slightly more serious since we're on a higher tier. he says to his ally while thinking. 'That is at least i hope in the end since these ridiculous enemy curse would hopefully end.' he thinks as he glances back towards the ocean as the sounds of the ocean as he relaxes with a small smile finding the scenery rather relaxing surprisingly. 'I should get a house here when i get the COL for it. It would be rather relaxing and very much so worth it in the very end to have a scenery every day.' He thinks to himself with a grin while his familiar flares slightly with fire to glass the sand to not be bothered by it.