[PP-F4/16] Sand and Snow (Farming w/ Mars) <<COMPLETE>>

The boy nodded. "Yeah, let's hope they don't pop up too quickly." He turned back to the ocean water, breathing in the salty air. Reminds me of Florida, he smiled. Ah, but Florida was filled with bad memories as well, and his smile was quickly flipped. Regardless, he felt rejuvinated around the ocean. He took his fishing rod, casting his line into the water. The waves very well nearly brought the hook back to him. After a few seconds, the line lit up, and Pinball reeled in his catch, a grin on his face. "Aha!" he exclaimed, the small screen popping up in front of him to inform him of his catch. "Lookie here, got me a material." It wasn't many, and it didn't match the hoard they had gathered back on the Fourth Floor, but it was definitely a start. He glanced over to Mars' familiar, watching its flames flare for a second. He then turned back to the water. "You think anyone else is on the floor?

----------------------------

ID# 95952 

CD: 6 

1 T2 Material fished up. 

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 1 T2 Material 
  • 29 T1 Materials 
  • [1] <<Unidentified T1 Perfect Armor>>
  • [3] <<Unidentified T1 Rare Consumable>>
Edited by Pinball
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well from what i know of this floor from my sources. There is a high chance other players are on this floor as we speak. The reason being their is a quest currently on this floor about a giant snake that is supposed to be a rather annoying one form the sounds of it. So their is a possibility of players being on this floor for that, or from what i've heard players see this floor as a sort of relaxing beach floor. So parties, or just players having fun while they can is possible during their stay here. he says in a rather calm tone to his companion as he looks out into the ocean. waiting to see if something tries to come up to fight the two player. Himself relaxing as much as possible to have the maximum amount of energy stores available for him to tackle the enemy with all his might. Not really trusting this floor or what it could make the monster be. Already having seen a rather strange variety from having hung out with Pinball for too long.

He nodded. "What do you think the odds are we get attacked by a group of high-leveled nerds?" He laughed, winding up his line in preperation to cast again. Though it was meant as a joke, it was definitely a worry. There were too many people, in Pinball's opinion, that liked to demonstrate their power on others lower than them. It had to do with the gaming environment. People by nature liked feeling powerful, and a level system was the perfect way to implement a hierarchy. They were on Tier Two territory, and he wouldn't be surprised if they got asked what their business was on a floor like this. Wellhe thought, it is a vacation floor. He shrugged, casting his line. He wondered. "I love the ocean," he said simply, reeling in his line. He turned to look at Mars after counting up the catch. "What about you?

--------------------------------

ID# 96033

CD: 7 

2 T2 Materials fished up 

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 3 T2 Materials
  • 29 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

He chuckles at Pinball's words a genuine chuckle as his familiar looks over to the fisherman, and then back at the ocean as the liger curiously walks towards it as its flames flare up into the sky as it puts its paw close to the water as it slowly evaporates but quickly gets replaced. Leaving the liger unable to catch up any fishes for itself as it looks back towards Mars. Noticing the look he glances at the creature with a raised eyebrow. What are you looking at me for? You can catch for yourself you're feline by nature, and you will need to learn to combat against your weakness eventually Vereox. He says to his familiar that lets out a low growl, but quickly after lowers its head in a submissive posture before looking at the water in contemplation. For myself? I am fine with the ocean. I wouldn't call it a love just a like really. It is a nice play to relax, and meetup with other people for certain though. A nice little place like where we are now could serve rather well for a guild hall, or home in all honesty. He says to his companion.

He watched curiously as Mars' familiar experimented with the ocean. He smiled a bit to himself as it found out that fire doesn't mix well with water, but he heard Mars scold it a bit. He cast his line again, his mouth open as if to answer. He paused for a moment, taking a second to breathe in the salty sea air. He then replied. "I grew up around the ocean, did you know? Not from Japan, though. Florida, USA." He nodded, smiling a bit. "My dad would always force me to go fishing. I hated it then, but he'd always say I'd grow up to love it. It surprised me, since he was this absolute [censored] [censored] excuse for a father." Despite his language, his tone remained pleasant. "Ah, yeah. The greasy [censored] really knew the difference between a [censored] [censored] and a [censored]. The [censored]." He shrugged. "He got what was coming for him, though," he said, his voice getting a bit more serious. "He deserved it." He then realized that he barely knew Mars, and he probably revealed a bit too much in his little outburst. "It's whatever though," he laughed, reeling in his catch. "How about you? Where did you grow up?

----------------------------------

ID# 96036 

CD: 10 

3 T2 Materials fished up 

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 6 T2 Materials
  • 29 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

He calmly listens with a nod of his head letting the male talk about whatever he feels like it is necessary. Since information can be used in some format or the other if given the chance, and knowing the background of a individual can be a necessary part of figuring out what to avoid saying or in some cases what to say to them.  When the player has the little outburst he does find himself absolutely surprised. Use to Pinball being this mild mannered and soft spoken individual that would never speak out against others in this such a fashion. When asked the question he just nods his head. I grew up in the town type of area of growing up with a group of friends in the midwest. Nothing really special with some events happening that have made me as i am today. Ones that i would prefer not to remember really, so i can only hope you're fine with me respectfully not going into much detail. he says politely to his companion.

He smiled. "Here I go telling you my life story. Can't even tell me where you grew up." He sighed dramatically, feigning disappointment. The back of his hand met his forehead, and he struck a pose. "A shame, that. Truly a shame." He laughed, spinning around in the sand to face the water. It wasn't his life story, actually. Plus, he wasn't bothered by Mars' refusal to share anything. He respected people's privacy. Pinball knew not to push - plus, he respected people who kept their cards close to their chest. He was usually one of them. Pinball cast his line, and waited. "It's all good," he yawned, taking a seat in the sand. This floor was considerably hotter than the fourth, and Pinball wasn't sure which bothered him more - sand or snow. He was used to heat, however, and the sun hitting his pale face felt rather pleasant. Even though he couldn't get sunburnt in a game, he couldn't help but think about how much he'd peel if he stood out too long. "So, uhh. What's your favorite sport?

---------------

ID# 96040 

CD: 10 

3 T2 Materials fished up 

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 9 T2 Materials
  • 29 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

He chuckles at that as he shakes his head in amusement to the overdramaticness of his compatriot being reminded of his theater days, and grins slightly at such a thought. 'Maybe starting up a Aincrad theater act could be a good use to try and spice things up a little bit within the player scheme of things. Get people together to put on shows if anything it will allow me to do something i actually enjoy, and make sure my acting skills don't become rusty.' he thinks to himself with a bit of a smile at such a thought entering his mind. Having found genuine joy in his theater days, but knowing he needs to move past them. However, at the same time it will only be a bonus to try and uplift the spirits of the players to try and make sure they don't get demotivated and leave them all trapped within this world, and preventing him from going through with his plans. My favorite sport? hmm maybe Basketball would be a good option honestly. he admits with a shrug. Fast, agile, survival of the fittest really. Strategies trying to out do one another. It is a rather nice blend of things from my own point of view. Football can have that same effect, but to many with such good talent get wasted in that sport from the contest injuries you can receive in it.

"Hah! You like sports," Pinball laughed, pointing a judgemental finger at the man. "Whatta nerd." He cast his line, the bobber immediatly being pulled under. "Oh! We've got company." He fished up the monster, a humanoid swordfish, holding a sword. "Wow... that's... redundant." The Swordfish Swordsman quickly slashed at him, but Pinball leapt to safety, the flash of steel missing his skin by inches. He seperated himself even further with another quick dart backwards. He looked at Mars. He was a higher level than Pinball, so they wouldn't get loot for beating the monster. He shrugged. "Let's wrap this up quickly and then we can take a snack break." He inched to the side, his eyes locked on the spear lodged in the sand. He'd make a run for it, and follow up quickly with a Sword Art. He just had to wait until Mars hit it, giving him a chance for it. They'd be able to wrap this up quickly. 

-----------------------------

Combat: 

ID# 96043 

MD: 6 - 3 (Miss) 

Swordfish Swordsman attacks Pinball - Miss

- Enemies - 

Swordfish Swordsman: 170/170 HP | 51 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:0] Pinball: 340/340 HP | 34/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:0] Mars: 360/360 HP | 36/36 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

- Fishing - 

ID# 96043 

CD: 3 

Loot Mob fished up. 

Edited by Pinball

Technically by societal standards being a fan of sports doesn't make me a nerd by any right. He says back with a grin on his face as he then hears you mention a enemy so he gets up and then waits for this enemy to appear, and once more seeing the enemy type that he can only despise with all his being. Another enemy with a ridiculous name to suit its appearance in every right. His fists glow once more with blood red/crimson like energy as he stares at his opponent. he then bends his knees as his familiar is already up and blasting a torrent of flames at the creature slowly turning the sand into nothing but glass. Mars himself quickly follows up by dashing at the opponent and then jumps over it as it gets hit with the flames catching it on fire for a brief moment that then gets put up by the force of his punches against the creature along each nerve of its body. Then finishes it off with a punch to its chest to knock it towards your spear with a nod of his head. Hit a home run Pinball. he says continuing with the sports joking ever so slightly.

#96044  9x9=81 DMG   -10 ENG

Enemies - 

Swordfish Swordsman: 89/170 HP | 51 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:1] Pinball: 340/340 HP | 34/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:0] Mars: 360/360 HP | 26/36 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

Edited by Mars

Pinball nodded, a stupid smile on his face. "I'm going long!" He joked, purposefully referencing football in the baseball context. That's so overdone, he thought, disgusted. In one quick roll, Pinball had his spear, sand trickling down his hair and weapon. The Naughty or Nice Blade glowed a menacing white and blue combo; both phase and freeze had activated. The red of a Sword Art joined in, the colors mixing and swirling in the weapon's spearhead. A deadly combo executed by Pinball left the Swordsman Swordfish staggering backwards. The beast dropped his sword in the sand, the weapon landing in the sand with a thump. Ice rose from the sand, covering the monster in a prison of frost. Sand and ice mixed together, and Pinball leaned against his spear, taking it in. "That's a weird combination, isn't it?" He scratched his chin. Pinball shrugged, dismissing it with a wave of his hand. "Ah, well. Give it a little love tap so we can have lunch.

----------------------------

ID# 96045 

BD: 10 (Crit+2) MD: 1 (Miss) 

Phase Activates! (N/A) 

Vent Forth - 6+2= 8*10 = 80 DMG 

Freeze Activates! 

<< -12 EN >> 

- Enemies - 

[FROZEN] Swordfish Swordsman: 9/170 HP | 51 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:1] Pinball: 340/340 HP | 22/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:1] Mars: 360/360 HP | 26/36 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

He chuckles at the enemies prediction as it gets covered in sand and ice making it unable to move as he slowly makes his way over towards the enemy to give it one good hard hit to shatter it out of existence. He bends his knees and then cock his fist back, and then glances towards Pinball. Nice overused joke of using a different sport when the other person references a different one. he says in amusement towards his companion. he then tries to strike the enemy, but as he goes to strike a torrent of flames hit the ice sculpture forcing him back just as he was so close to hitting it. What he sees angers him greatly his familiar having hit the creature forcing him away and melting it down slowly in a attempt to free it before he has a chance to strike it.

#96052  BD:2+3=5

- Enemies - 

[FROZEN] Swordfish Swordsman: 9/170 HP | 51 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:1] Pinball: 340/340 HP | 22/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:1] Mars: 360/360 HP | 25/36 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

@Pinball

Edited by Mars

"Damn it!" Mars had noticed his joke. He watched, embarrased, as Mars wound up a punch... and missed! "Ha! Nice excuse for a punch! Ya dweeb!" he shouted, laughing. It was a joke, but he couldn't help but feel like it was karma. He gave his spear a twirl, walking up to the Swordfish Swordsman. "I thank you, Universe," he shouted, spreading his arms out wide, "for dealing with this man with equity." He grinned, activating another Sword Art. His spearhead glowed a light blue - freeze. But, it wouldn't be needed. His spear struck the monster with such force it went straight through the ice, and through the monster's chest after that. The ice shattered, scattering in all directions. It hung suspened in the air for a moment, as if deciding whether or not it was supposed to go away or not. It was. The ice shattered, and the shards became a light snow. The air, for a brief moment, turned cool; a welcomed reprieve from the glaring sun of Floor 16. "Well," he said, sticking his spear in the ground again. "That was fun.

--------------------

Combat 

ID# 96054 

BD: 8 (Hit!) 

Heft - 6*2 = 12 DMG + 12 Freeze 

Pinball attacks Swordfish Swordsman - 24 DMG 

Swordfish Swordsman is dead. 

<< +1 EN / -2 EN >> 

- Enemies - 

Swordfish Swordsman: 0/170 HP | 51 DMG 

- Players - 

[H:1] Pinball: 340/340 HP | 21/34 EN | 3 EVA | 3 ACC | 6 DMG 

[H:1] Mars: 360/360 HP | 25/36 EN | 3 ACC | 3 EVA | 9 DMG 

Edited by Pinball

He rolls his eyes just keeping that comment locked away in the back of his mind knowing that such thoughts, and words will be excellent fuel for when the duel happens. The more fuel for the fire he has the better he will be able to focus on his enemy and dominate when the duel comes. He walks towards where they were fishing and sits onto the ground and waits once more for things to be fished up for tier 2 materials that the two players are in need in preparation for their builds. Well lets continue on Pinball we need them rewards. You know so yourself getting a good amount from that would be absolutely golden for the two of us. That way we can order from that friend of yours Hei. Since from what i have heard Aereth is away from his shop for quite awhile for some reason or the other, and if the reputation of the man proceeds him. he might be on another PKer killing rampage. he says in a calm collected tone.

Pinball nodded, trudging through the snow and sand to retrieve his fishing rod. He bent over, quickly casting the line. "Yeah," he agreed with a nod, "let's get some more lootsie loots." Pinball listened to Mars' tailoring plans. It was the first time he had heard about Aereth. "P-player-killing rampage? What?!" He whirled around, his rod swinging, a small screen popping up, telling him how many materials he had fished up. "The hell do you mean, player killing rampage? How can you say that so nonchalantly?" Pinball had no idea who this Aereth was, why he was a Pker, and why nobody had stopped him yet. If he had killed so many people, why is nobody taking action? "The hell are people like that still doing in Aincrad? I thought all the PKers had been driven away or hunted out." Pinball shook his head with a shrug. "Do... do you know about any motive?" Surely there was some kind of motive; some way of discerning the player in question's specific mental issues.

---------------------------

ID# 96057 

CD: 11 

4 T2 Materials fished up. 

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 13 Materials
  • 29 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

He listens to the reaction and just nods having left out one little detail to see what the reaction would come from his companion. I can say that so nonchalantly Pinball do to the fact that this player killer Aereth. Is a player killer who exclusively kills other player killers. That or just people who are a nuisance and needs to be wiped off the face of Aincrad for it to be a safer place. he tell his companion as he glances towards his familiar that tries to touch the water and hisses a bit from the pain as it retracts the paw away from it. He watches with interest at that as the water seems to be actual pain for the creature. he can only figure it has something to do with it being fire like creature with the water harming its ability to make fire which might be discomforting.

At the ask of a motive he just shrugs not even sure. I don't know why he is killing player killers. All i know is that i am not questioning it since it is only a benefit of having someone like him around. One that instills fear into Laughing Coffin and other guilds like Titan hand which would be common for players like us. Those guilds have been relatively not that active as of late which i can only assume is from players having the location of Aereth if they manage to escape. It is easy to find a man when he owns a shop. Mars says with a small chuckle escaping his lips at that fact.

Pinball shook his head. He understood a bit more what kind of person Aereth was now, but he still didn't like it. "That shouldn't justify it," he mumbled, casting his fishing line. "He still has blood on his hands." He thought for a second, and shook his head. "Maybe I'm being harsh. I don't know the circumstances." He shrugged, reeling in his catch; two Tier-two Materials. He sat back in the sand, swiping open his menu. "I brought sandwhiches," he said, materializing two subs, wrapped in a thin paper. "You want one?" He passed a sandwhich to Mars, then opened his own. "It's plain. Just ham and cheese on white. It's just the food I take with me when I go out questing." He shrugged, taking a bite out of the vanity food item. It was a bit dry, to be sure, but Pinball was hungry. It surprised him he was comfortable enough to eat around Mars. Usually he avoided doing that around people. 

-------------------------------

ID# 96082 

CD: 7 

2 T1 Materials fished up. 

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 15 T2 Materials
  • 29 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

Well as i said i'm fine with people like Aereth around for certain. If people kill they need to be put down for their crimes to make them feel the pain others have felt in their last moments of existence. Of knowing they are going to die and they couldn't do anything about it. Aereth is just enacting the justice that needs to be done to make those player killers pay for the things they do. he says calmly to his ally as he looks out at the ocean and takes the sandwich that is handed to him as he begins eating it calmly alongside his ally while gazing at the wide sea that is the ocean. So then Pinball how many tier two materials do you think we will need to fish up? I'm not that knowledgeable on your friend hei's pricing for things. since we are trying to get enough tier two materials to compensate for the cost of some items. Since i am going to need to swap up my outfit to some amount. The enhancements might need to be swapped up. he says as he looks at his gear in contemplation of what could be changed up to make it better.

Pinball nodded, finishing his sandwhich. "A sandwhich in the sand," he spoke through a full mouth. He stood, crumbling up the wrapping paper that shattered in his hands (the sandwhich wrap was a terribly fragile item, being made out of paper). He wiped the sand from his back, then walked back over to his fishing rod, retrieving the item. "I've got no idea," he admitted. "I'm not in the mood for much more gathering, but a few more materials couldn't hurt." He cast the line, watching the hook sink beneath the waves. All was silent on the beach, save for the sound of the waves gently lapping the sands of the shore. "This is a pretty floor. How much do you think a house costs here?" Pinball was extremely underleveled for this floor, but maybe when he caught up to the frontliners... It was certainly a thought, though not one for someone so poor, to be certain. 

-------------------------

ID# 96096 

CD: 5 

1 T2 Material fished up 

Loot Pool: 

• 1960 Col 
  • 16 T2 Materials
  • 29 T1 Materials 
Edited by Pinball

He finishes his sandwich then destroys the item that came along with it as he lays upon his back with his arms behind his head to keep his hair at the very least sand free since it would be a absolute pain to try and wash that out. Houses cost the same on any floor actually. Which is rather nice since that means it is at least easy to know what to pay for when it comes to housing. Something that is much easier for couples, or people working together since they can then pool their money together to pay for something that they wouldn't have otherwise. Obviously a good bonus for those who get together if they manage to find love in this game. He says with a shrug of his shoulders as he looks up towards the blue sky of this floor as he glances towards his familiar that is still attempting to work with the water even though it is causing it some pain. he grins a bit at that glad that his familiar has perseverance for improvement even at the cost of its comfort.