[F5-PP] step two fulfilling the deal <<Butcher of the Sands>>

I walk up towards the teleporter on floor five and says the simple command. Teleport, Fortaleza. I say as it activates as i then step through it as i enter into the heat of the fifth floor. As my familiar walks alongside as i then waits for Sey to step through with a grin on my face. Ready to go and kill a thing Sey? Cause i legitimately  don't have much information about the quest besides a location, and a name for it. Anything else i don't know since i haven't had much time to gather such information. Do you know anything about it that might be important to know right away? I ask the man curiously as i start making my way towards the direction of the singular exit towards the town of Fortaleza. The bright sun beating down upon the two of us as i start swiping through my menu and starts to equip my armor and things one by one.

@Sey

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sey was in the fight himself, so he believed he was very well informed on the situation of the quest given to the both of them. As he walked through the portal, he would walk into the sandy safe zone to meet with Hestia, arms stretched out and up high and a smile smile on his face. "I'll give it to you straight, you'll want to try to parry and focus on keeping that health bar up. But be aware that no matter how much hate you try to get, every attack will be random." He flicked his right pointer finger downwards and showed her his statistics before using the same finger to slash out the mitigation slot. "He shatters through all mitigation. But despite me having the highest health, if you have parry on you, you'll take less damage than I will in the long run." Sey explained, placing the tip of his right pointer finger against his chin. "That seems to be about it honestly. Nothing too bad."

At hearing the need for parry i look at you curiously wondering the reason why until you say that mitigation being the reason for that as my eyes widen a little bit at that. Rather surprised by the fact that my main enhancement is entirely garbage and isn't useful for this fight ahead of me. I can only nod my head at that in understanding. Well that makes sense, and at the very least i have a decent energy pool now that i could use to use continuous parrying to try and reflect that damage back since that might be a bit painful. The only bonus is that i know you will be able to kill it with your rather high amount of damage. I say with a smile on my face knowing things will be fine.as long as you're able to hit the enemy. I walk alongside you through the town of Fortaleza at a relaxed pace since their isn't that big of a rush to get to where we need to go. So then i think for facing the alligator thing is that i should start off with a stun, and then you follow up with your strongest attack is a pretty decent beginning. I suggest to you.

"That's the way to think, reflecting the damage back will do us the most justice." The snow-haired player explained to Hestia with his hands placed in his pockets. She mentioned that he needs to hit it with as much damage as he could, that being the strongest hit he could dish out. "We are relying on a 20% chance of that happening. My weapon is holy, meaning it's either critical hits or bust." Sey needed to make sure that she was well-informed so that they didn't any surprises in the battle. Just because he hit doesn't mean he actually did great damage. "That seems like a great opening. Best case scenario, he'll use his AOE attack and trigger both your parry and my thorns, meaning we'll just about do another hit worth of damage with just that alone. So don't feel bad if the stun doesn't quick land on the target." He explained with a relaxed facial expression, a small smile upon remembering how he just kind of went blind into this mission. Dang, did he really do something that seemed so extreme when he was half his current level?

I nod my head at that surprised to hear it is a unique of any kind and curious what it would be like to have such a unique weapon that would fit with what i currently have. 'Thoughts for another time.' I think to myself. Well even if it is a chance to increase your damage with holy whatever is your strongest sword art is what i meant by strongest attack actually. I say with a small chuckle having not known about that weapon, but it certainly helps to know now to not be surprised when something happens that could involve that holy enhancement. I do chuckle a little bit at the thought of it being a holy spear. Withholding a joke that would be a bit to easy to go for. I've kinda mentally prepared for my attacks to actually miss since i've heard there is a lot of creatures that have more Evasion then i do accuracy, so i've resigned myself to legitimately never hit anything after some point unless i crit. I say trying to make light of that situation that i know i am in.  Either way the goal is to stun the creature, so that is the bet i am going to be placing on that hopeful fact for that. I say with a smile on my face rather curious to see how this enemy goes, and making a strong mental note to give Kimi a warning about this quest to avoid her possibly dying from it.

"I don't even want to think about how severely the damage would drop without that, but I'll go along and use my strongest sword art anyways. Even a normal successful hit should be enough to do some deny to the mitigation of the enemy." The snow-haired player declared, equipping the holy white one-handed weapon. Now to try to use this again since he's been trying to train martial arts style attacks, he was never given the time to get back into using what he usually used in order to get the good damage in. "That's a good way to go about it. So you rely more on getting the critical hits or nothing, and you're prepared for nothing. I might adopt a bit of that style if I get a unique weapon within the third tier." Sey explained, looking back to the current one in his hand. "Not that I'm unhappy with this one right here, it's saved me from death a few good times." With that said, he would look towards the safe zone edge to see nothing but desert for a good distance. Good thing he had survival active on him for a while now. "Ready?"

I nod my head at that nice way of you having put my words into. That hope for the best, but mentally prepare for the worse. With such a mindset it is hard to be caught off guard for the most part in what you would expect from a fight. At being asked if i am ready i nod my head with a smile on my face as i prepare myself for the fight. Well Sey i am ready for anything since even if i am not the most equipped with knowledge i do make sure to get a general gist of a quest to make sure i don't ever enter a quest where i am outmatched utterly. I say with a grin on my face that slips ever so slightly being reminded of the singular time i did allow that. 'Thankfully i didn't die since it was Gemini, but that was to close. I will learn from that though and always prepare for the worst.' I think to myself with a serious look on my face. My familiar looks over towards the female wolf and tries to gently nudge her to see if he can try to interact with the other familiar. After i close out my thoughts i then start heading into the direction of where the quest made mention of where this supposed arena thing is suppose to be that forces players into combat with no chance of escape.

"Good to hear, you'll be surviving this with that mentality. You'll be safe in this one, the quest is far too easy." Sey explained to her, stepping outside of the safe zone with confidence as the sand attempted to beat against his body. It was easy to ignore with the Survival skill active, which made it easy to ignore such a harsh terrain without even feeling the heat. Technology has really gone far in making such an adaptation successful. "As for me, I took the worst risks to get up here quickly. I'm alive because I'm lucky, but if I keep doing that, I would press my luck too far and find myself on the wrong end of the blade." He explained as he paced. Kyu would feel the nudge of the winged lion, in which the wolf flicked her tail to the side for the moment, acting like the diva she usually was around other familiars for a moment before looking directly at the lion. She figured that it was the king of the forest, a bit of respect should be in order. So she attempted to hop her tiny body onto the back of the lion.

Well if you're lucky to be alive from how you are currently by taking risks Sey. Then why not work with me for a bit. Having a tank around with you does drastically increase your chances of living. Even if it is just a tier two bordering tier three tank like myself. I can keep you safe from being killed by what i can bring to the table in terms of a skill, and you can make sure i don't die from taking too many hits. It is a win, win scenario wouldn't you agree? Living to see another day through every encounter, and the only price for that is having to spend some time working with this player to make sure i can catch up in terms of being a tank. I say with a smile on my face towards the player as we walk out into the desert not being bothered at all either from having survival also as Kuro allows the wolfess onto his back not minding it at all since he is a rather large creature easily able to reach my waist in terms of height when he is on all fours. Kuro lowering himself lower to the ground to allow the familiar to get onto his back.

"Let's see, we have yet to work together. We have to see if we can create some form of chemistry in combat first, you know?" Sey mentioned, looking over to the familiars as Kyu seemed to be asserting the dominance she never had. The white wolf reminded him a lot of a feisty dog, always willing to show their strength despite being perhaps the weakest. Not to mention some of the hottest tempers, but they definitely meant well. He then looked back to Hestia to address her other points. "Having you around is a benefit, I won't deny that. I just want to make sure it doesn't end up having us getting in each other's way before I can take one on some of the critical missions. I'd rather not see a business client shattering to pieces of data, that'll be a sad day for all the people involved." Sey explained, very much sure in his own ability to survive, though he didn't want to completely undermine Hestia either. "You seem logical enough to prevent that, but I want to keep chances low."

I nod my head in understanding of such a thought of seeing how well the battle flow goes between the two fighters since that could determined how well things would go in terms of a fight. That if they somehow get in the others way it would be rather bad for all parties involved especially if the getting in the way part involves getting hit by a stray sword art that could end up killing more people then saving them. Yeah you have a point Sey it will be a rather interesting and enlightening moment to see what happens when we enter combat. I personally can only hope it will end up being a good combination. Mostly because i did hire you on for two more quests. if we can't do this one all that well it would just get very messy from there you know. I say speaking in a joking tone with a smile on my face as i look towards you. My familiar Kuro gently pats the wolfess with its wings to get it use to being on its back and the sense of the movement of it moving. Kuro wishing to make sure the wolfess is safe and happy. having learned to be patient and accommodating when possible when having to had deal with another small dog like familiar. I smile as i keep a steady focus forward to see if either a arena appears in the distance sands, or if the creature appears and somehow creates a arena of sand or something of the like.

"Absolutely, it would be a much cleaner job to have how flow work together the first time out. But I'm not too worried about it, though it is a concern to keep in mind after all." Sey explained to her, though he was prepared to deal with whatever happened when they were in the quest. It was not too important about whether or not things were working out for them or not, but whether or not they finished the quest. Kyu in the meantime would gently hush herself and lie her stomach down onto the back of lion, feeling the comfort of the patting and smiling for a moment. Their personalities worked so well considering she worked well with those who just brushed off her prickly side and treated her kindly. Meanwhile, they were slowly approaching the sight where the field boss would be located. "It seems like we are getting closer to the field boss, Hestia. Are you prepared to advance? Or do you want to check one last time?"

I'm prepared Sey you can't make me back down from this. Now come on i believe there is a alligator that could be needed for skinning it of its wonderful hide. I say jokingly as i head over towards where the boss is meant to spawn with a serious look dropping all jokes now. Raising my shield expecting a attack from all angles as i wait for the beast to come as soon as i enter the field where the beast was said to be. My familiar getting low and growling waiting for the enemy to show up also to prepare for attacking the creature, or helping its owner not be knocked back by who knows how much distance if it is stronger then the two had expected from the boss. I nod towards Kuro with a smile as i then quickly glance back towards the sands and waits. My eyes having a calm and collected look as i take slow deep breaths to keep my calm while prepared to move my shield to block a hit in a single instance. The question now Sey is if you can kick back into action and be ready.  since i haven't heard much about you. Which would be a bit strange since you sound pretty strong. I say back deciding one last joking comment could be necessary about how the player is a mystery, and not someone that i remember itzal ever talking about.

Hestia: 870/870  ENG: 84/84   MIT: 111/1 ACC/ -1 EVA/1 regen/1 recovery/ 2 paralyze/ thorns 28 DMG/ bleed 24 DMG(8+)

Sey: ?/?

"Glad to hear it. Making me solo this for you is going to cost extra, you know?" Sey would reply back in his own joking manner, placing his spear upwards towards the alligator being of a field boss as he prepared to initiate combat with it. Hestia obtains the first most in this fight, so he would use this time to allow the holy weapon to charge up and prepare to strike it when she made her attempt.  More than likely, he would just be running behind her as she ran to prevent the enemy from having the time to retaliate. Kyu would jump by his side and let out her feisty nature, a DPS familiar with the power to rip through bosses like silly string. "Oh yeah. I'm not that vocal about myself, nor should I really be if I want to keep my underground network of connections a secret. The more eyes on you, the less of a chance you get to do things like this with players who I could use a little business from." Sey explained to her, not quite explaining that he didn't care about such a stupid thing. Why should being viral in a video game matter? The spear shined brightly as he prepared for the battle to begin.

Hestia: 870/870  ENG: 84/84   MIT: 111/1 ACC/ -1 EVA/1 regen/1 recovery/ 2 paralyze/ thorns 28 DMG/ bleed 24 DMG(8+)

Sey: 1,205/1,205 l 116/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy Damage: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1

i just chuckle and give a shrug of my shoulders. I mean hey sometimes it is hard keeping the eyes off of you when you're on the frontlines. People hear your name especially the lower floors usually. News spread and the strong get noticed and people know their names unless they're to scared to look at even the news. So for someone strong it is surprising to slip by in the news you know what i mean? I ask the player with a smile on my face as i then focus back as the alligator jumps out of the sand and lets out a roar of anger as the sand starts kicking up violently in a swirling dome trapping us within the arena now as i grin a bit as i go for my first instinct and then pauses. 'That was almost a mistake.' I think to myself and then quickly follows up with the actual plan as i glance towards Kuro. Kuro! make sure Sey's familiar stays safe, but be on stand by for blinding strike. I tell my familiar who nods his head as i wait for the moment as i glare at the Sando Satsu as its name becomes known. It then looks towards us with its eyes downwards. 'NOW!' i think to myself as i charge towards the creature trying to let the system guide me as i go strike at it s chest, as i get my sword batted away disrupting the sword art, but not making the sword fly away. Thinking on the ball i just quickly side step out of the way of the enemy and raises my shield encase it decides to attack me first. Hoping that the sudden movement of up in your face person that is myself moving out of the way might be enough to allow Sey to hit this thing from the sudden change.

#96317    BD: 3+1=4    CD:7   -2 ENG for missing +2 ENG from regen 0 ENG lost

@Sey: 1,205/1,205 l 116/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy Damage: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1

<Sando Satsu> 350/350 HP 20 Mitigation  Damage per Attack: 100
Sando Satsu ignores Block, Evasion, and Mitigation. But does not do bonus damage on a 9-10
Cull of the Meek: On a natural roll of 10 he will spin with his weapon at maximum reach hitting everyone in the fight. He will gain 10 hp per person hit.
Dominus: When he reaches 175 hp, he grows massive in size upping his damage to 150 and mitigation to 30 for the rest of the fight.

Hestia unfortunately missed her chance to go for a stun when she made her strike, but that didn't seem to matter as the Satsu seemed to lack aim anyways. The little bow it possessed could fire an arrow and he would still have dodged it by standing still, the arrow curving way out of the way. Smiling from the result, he would place his spear through the core of the field boss monster. His body would swiftly move to the side so that he could continue with a second hit swinging in the opposite way. Ripping through the flesh of the monsters was no tall task for the snow-haired player. Eventually, all his strikes would connect and cause a whole third of the health bar to lower, getting dangerously close to the yellow zone. Placing his spear behind the back of his head, he would momentarily walk away from the monster with a satisfied smile left on his face for the moment. "While I do get it, I don't think it's so surprising if I try to keep a low profile. This unique weapon was a drop that got traded to me, I never ever got it on my own. I never made that much an impact yet."

ID# 96318 results:

Battle: 7 (16 x 12 = 192 - 20 MIT = 172 Damage)

Loot: 16

MOB: 1

[Mob Target: LD 1 - 10 = Hestia/LD 11 - 20 = Sey]

@Hestia: 870/870  ENG: 84/84   MIT: 111/1 ACC/ -1 EVA/1 regen/1 recovery/ 2 paralyze/ thorns 28 DMG/ bleed 24 DMG(8+)

Sey: 1,205/1,205 l 103/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy Damage: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1

<Sando Satsu> 178/350 HP 20 Mitigation  Damage per Attack: 100
Sando Satsu ignores Block, Evasion, and Mitigation. But does not do bonus damage on a 9-10
Cull of the Meek: On a natural roll of 10 he will spin with his weapon at maximum reach hitting everyone in the fight. He will gain 10 hp per person hit.
Dominus: When he reaches 175 hp, he grows massive in size upping his damage to 150 and mitigation to 30 for the rest of the fight.

I whistle in appreciation at seeing you tear through the boss with superior strength ticking down its health like crazy as i grin and then prepare myself for my sword art once more wishing to give my sword art another try. Trusting in the sword art that has helped me through quite a bit of quests. Well no time like the present to continue staying low then and reaping all the benefits from that then. I say with a smile and a chuckle. As i got to strike the enemy once more bats me away like a child as i find myself growing irritated, but doesn't let it get to my head as i turn to you with a rather blank look. See what i mean Sey i can't hit for anything which is why i bet everything on crits. I say in a joking tone trying to make light of the failures that is my attacks for some reason this time around.

#96320  BD:4+1=5  CD:7   0 ENG lost

@Sey: 1,205/1,205 l 103/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy Damage: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1

<Sando Satsu> 178/350 HP 20 Mitigation  Damage per Attack: 100

"Oh absolutely, I enjoy not being known!" Sey declared proudly as Hestia would make her attempt at striking the monster once again. It seems her movements were not enough to keep up with the monster. His speed was more than enough to handle it though, his spear once again digging through the armor of the Satsu and his confident smirk having more impact as he would rip through the  health bar of the enemy once again. It would try it's best to stumble back against his brutal barrage against it, but it possessed too much weight to hope to escape and found its way back onto the tip of his spear. Eventually, he would leave it alone with the bar so deep into the red zone, only a few pixels holding itself together. "You'll be fine, don't worry about it. The crits happen at random, but you'll do vicious damage like that once you get up to the third tier. And trust me when I say that the holy effect of my weapon didn't even trigger."

@Hestia: 870/870  ENG: 84/84   MIT: 111/1 ACC/ -1 EVA/1 regen/1 recovery/ 2 paralyze/ thorns 28 DMG/ bleed 24 DMG(8+)

Sey: 1,205/1,205 l 90/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy Damage: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1

ID# 96323 results:

Battle: 5 + 1 ACC = 6 (16 x 12 = 192 - 20 MIT = 172 Damage )

Loot: 16 [Mob Target: LD 1 - 10 = Hestia/LD 11 - 20 = Sey]

MOB: 1

<Sando Satsu> 6/350 HP 20 Mitigation  Damage per Attack: 100

I look towards my blade and then towards the enemy, and then back to my blade. You know what. F***k it trying to hit this thing with a stun i want to hit this thing. I say with a glare at the creature thinking it has to do with the sword art. That Rising Sun had abandoned me for being my most trusty sword art as i quickly charge at the sand alligator thing as i start slashing into the creature, but ends up only doing a small tick of damage that is barely noticeable, but even then i do grin feeling justified for having hit this thing as i then back away with a nod to you figuring that you should end it with your attack. As i back away waiting for you to end the fight on this thing as i just grin knowing that i am definitely not going to pay you extra for soloing this boss basically. I won't ever do crazy damage i can guarantee that sey. I don't have a damage setup for me being a part tank which i might need to invest in when taking on some quests.

#96325  BD:7   1 DMG total  -3 ENG

Hestia: 870/870  ENG: 81/84   MIT: 111/1 ACC/ -1 EVA/1 regen/1 recovery/ 2 paralyze/ thorns 28 DMG/ bleed 24 DMG(8+)

Sey: 1,205/1,205 l 90/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy Damage: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1

<Sando Satsu> 5/350 HP 20 Mitigation  Damage per Attack: 100

The field boss fought with all it’s might to try to stay alive, Sey trying to get a hit of his own in. It took a more desperate stance to allow itself the evasion needed to avoid Sey for the moment, though it wasn’t given the opportunity to strike back. So the further the snow-haired player pushed, the more he would have the metallic spear hit the bow of the enemy rather than their skin. Just one more hit and this would have been over, but he wasn’t given the chance to get in thanks to it take a new form for even a player of his level to try to take on. Eventually, he laid off the pointless barrage and jumped back. “Well, make sure that you can land the hit before applying damage. There are some moments where the game will completely wipe you of a chance to get a good hit in. It’s best to prepare for those moments.

@Hestia: 870/870  ENG: 81/84   MIT: 111/1 ACC/ -1 EVA/1 regen/1 recovery/ 2 paralyze/ thorns 28 DMG/ bleed 24 DMG(8+)

Sey: 1,205/1,205 l 89/116 EN l DMG: 16 l Holy Damage: 8 l MIT - 99 l Flame Thorns: (Enemy 6-10 = 21 Dmg) / (Enemy 9-10 = 6 Dmg for two turns) l Thorns: 21 Dmg l ACC - 1

ID: 96378 
BD: 1
MD: 1

<Sando Satsu> 5/350 HP 20 Mitigation  Damage per Attack: 100
Cull of the Meek: On a natural roll of 10 he will spin with his weapon at maximum reach hitting everyone in the fight. He will gain 10 hp per person hit.
Dominus: When he reaches 175 hp, he grows massive in size upping his damage to 150 and mitigation to 30 for the rest of the fight.