Tucked away in an alley on Floor 2, was where Seldentar found his shop. Barely even able to be called a store, really just a hole in the wall, he made the best of what he could afford. Moving in a Forge, setting up a workbench, he even put in a cot, so that late at night he could sleep there if he wanted. Finally, looking around, he had a shop he could at least be somewhat proud of. He happily went to work, almost immediately.

Selds Repair and Smithy

Rank 6: 7 Crafts a day
EXP: 563/640

1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)
2=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)
3=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)
4-7=Good Item 2 EXP
8-9=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)
10-11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)
12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

Mats: 1

On Display:

Good Items

Basic Long Sword x 5: Good Quality
Black Blade: Good Quality, standard blade made of blackened metal
Atlantean Light Blade: Good Quality, One Handed
Basic Shield x 3: Good weight to it, Good quality, a decent starting shield
Basic Rapier: Good Quality, very light, perfect for a beginner
Basic Dagger: A Good Quality, standard dagger for close range combat.
Two Handed Assault Spear

Uncommon Items

Starter Katana: +1 Damage
Sharpened Blade: 1 Handed Sword: +1 Damage

Rare Items
Finesse Rapier: Rare Rapier, Disarms Foes (See link
:Shield, Reduces Damage Taken by 2
Knights Sword: +2 Damage Longsword

Perfect Items
Shield of the Templar: Reduce Duration of Bleed, Poison, and Paralysis by 1 turn.

I purchase Crafting Mats for 200 Col Each. Find a material drop you don't need in the fields? Come turn it into quick Col.

Price of Items on Display:
Uncommon Quality: 750 Col or 2 Smithing Mats
Rare Quality: 1000 Col or 3 Smithing Mats
Perfect Quality: 4 Smithing Mats (Due to the overwhelming demand for Perfect Items, I will no longer be accepting Col, only smithing Crafting Materials.

UPDATE: Due to a continuous lack of crafting materials, I will only be taking custom orders if materials are provided. Please put desired effects at each potential crafting level, as I can not guarantee a Perfect Craft.

Current Waiting List:

A form is set up on the counter.

For Custom Orders, please fill out the following:
Name:
Type of Item:
Desired Effect:
I do not charge for items if materials are provided for their crafting.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seldentar goes to work, pulling out one of his metal ingot crafting materials, and using tongs, carefully puts it into the fires of the forge. He patiently waits for it to heat up, and after it is glowing red hot, uses the tongs to move it to the workbench. He holds the Ingot in place with the tongs, while using his other hand, begins to work the metal with his hammer. With each shot, the clanging sounds made it obvious what was happening. With the final shot, the ingot began to glow, and as he focused on the new sword he was designing, he saw it elongate, beginning to take shape...

Seldentar nods, seeing it form. Blackened Steel, a fire red handle, not too shabby of a look to it. Sadly, after checking it out, there didnt seem to be anything special about it, but, he was still new to this, so there was bound to be some trial and error. At least it didnt break like when he was learning. He liked the look of it too, a fierce looking sword. He maneuvered his hand, opening the menu and equipping his new sword. Still, as he looks down at the forge, the game system allowed him two crafts per day. And with such a new shop, odds are no one was coming in any time soon. Plus, having some extra swords lying around would show his skills. He begins to repeat the process, heating the ingot, excited to see what it will be this time. He begins to hit it with the hammer, mentally selecting Long Sword as he crafts. Finally, the familiar glow begins to form, as the sword starts to take shape.

Craft Die 12
Perfect Craft +8 Exp
2nd Craft of the day.

Item: Blooddrinker
Quality:Perfect
Shop:Seld's Repair and Smithy
Description: This Blood Red Blade enhances the strength and speed of the wielder. +2 Damage. On an 8-10 combat roll, heals the wielder for one point.

PENDING APPROVAL

Seldentar stared at the sword before him. One Handed length, A red hued blade. This thing looked almost...evil. He picks it up, giving it a few swings. Decent weight to it, but faster then he had expected. He changes his equipment around, displaying his other weapons in the shop, and equipping this new blade.

The next day, after returning from a nearby Inn, Seld redraws his sword, staring it over. It was a pretty impressive blade, and coming from a level 1 smith, he was amazed at the quality. He was proud of himself for making such a weapon, and decided to try making one more sword today. If it came out good, he would put it on display with the others, then maybe try his hand at some armor crafting. He stretches, yawning a bit as he takes out his supplies. He decides to try to make a Rapier this time, and as he is going through his supplies, decides the final Hornet Stinger might make a good rapier. He places it into the forge, allowing it to heat up. As he moves it to the workbench, he focuses on selecting Rapier, and begins to hammer the stinger. With each swing, he focuses on its forming. Finally, the traditional burst of light forms as the stinger begins to transform...

As it forms, he frowns. It was definitely a Rapier, but it looked quite shabby. Checking the item Quality, he saw it was bad. He sighs for a moment, then sees another option. Reclaim Materials. He nods, accepting that option. He knew it was a long shot, but maybe at least he could try to get the stinger back and try again when he was a bit better.

Craft Die from previous post: 6

Bad Quality, 50% chance to reclaim material

Loot Die

1 - 10 Material is lost

11 - 20 Material Regained

As he works the blade, suddenly with his final swing theres a shattering sound, and soon nothing remains of his Rapier

He sighs, but figures he can always go back down to floor 1, and go hunt more, especially now that he is stronger. He instead focuses on Armor. He planned on taking medium armor, so he settled on chainmail. He places the ingot into the forge, allowing it to heat up. He thinks about his crafting attempts on the stingers while he does. Two out of the tree were worthless as actual blades, but maybe next time he could make them into something else. Maybe throwing weapons, or some sort of spikes for plate armor. Noticing the Ingot is finally hot, he removes it with tongs, carefully setting it down on the workbench. He picks up his smithing hammer, and focuses on the idea of chain armor. Maybe a chain shirt, to keep the weight down. He begins to swing the hammer, flattening the metal out. In his mind he forges the rings with sheer will, selecting the Chain Shirt option mentally as he crafts. Finally, it starts to stretch out and form...

Second Craft of the day

For a brief instant, the shape resembles a shirt, but of melted metal slag. He stares at it in horror, before it shatters apart, leaving behind no trace of the horrific creation.

Kane was passing through the second floor when he noticed the small shop. Knocking on the doorframe, he entered, curious. He hadn't noticed this store before on his travels through this level. "Hello? Anybody there?" He saw the items on display, and realized this must be a forge. He waited for the blacksmith to reply, assuming he was in the back of the shop.

Seldentar nods, doing a quick inventory check to see how many crafting materials he has left.

"What type of enhancement are you looking for. I have some standard Materials to work with here, but if you want something more exotic, it might help if we go find some specific materials. That depends on what you want it to do however.

Seldentar nods, thinking about it for a moment. He remembers reading in the digital paper that some people wrote about scorpions on one of the floors, with metal plating on them. He tries to think back, and then after a few moments gives up and just asks.

"Have you heard about metal plated scorpions on one of the upper floors that the front lines opened? I can't remember the details, but if one of those had a paralyzing venom ability, their armor plates might be just what we need. Typically creatures cant poison themselves with their own venom in the real world I think. If we can get some of those plates, or maybe even just some of the venom the scorpions have, the armor we make out of them might be able to withstand, or at the very least weaken the effects of paralysis. Of course, I havent seen these creatures myself, i still havent gotten past this floor. But I can come with you if it will help get them."

He seems fidgety as he talks about going beyond floor two, a mixture of nervousness, and excitement to see how he would fare.

Trinoko entered into the shop, smiling as he looked to Seld and said "Whoa, speak of the devil." He chuckles "I was wanting a weapon made from a stinger from those very creatures." He sees Kane and chuckles happily, fairly sure he knew why he was there. He waited for Seld to take his number or for Kane to keep going.

Seld turns, surprised.

Trinoko! You've seen those things? Better yet, you've fought them?

Regaining his composure, he looks away a bit embarrassed

Yes well, anyway, what kind of weapon are you looking to have made? With that type of material, it might be possible to make a paralyzing weapon.

Turning back to Kane

Yes, those should do nicely

Trinoko grinned and said "Actually, I was hoping something a little more... volatile." He chuckles and steps forward, showing him the <> he had and saying "Poison, in other words. I would like for this to be crafted into a two-handed assault spear." He offers the scorpion's stinger, hoping he would accept it. "Oh, but what would I have to pay..?"

Seld takes the stinger, looking it over.

"Yeah, I can work with this. Assault spear huh?"

He walks over to the forge, making sure its hot.

"You're supplying the materials, don't worry about cost."

He takes the stinger, placing it with tongs into the forge. After its hot, he removes it, carefully placing it down, picking up his hammer. He begins the process of forging the spear, hammering the stinger over and over. Finally, he sees it glow, and begin to take form

Scorched Ambition: +1 craft roll

Modified roll 8: good quality +2 exp.

Seld frowns at the spear. Good quality, definitely usable in combat, but no sign of the venomous ability. He sighs, placing it on the counter in front of him.

"I don't think it came out quite right. If you need help getting more of those stingers ill be happy to come along."

Trinoko shrugged his shoulders, it was not the worst thing to happen. He goes through his inventory and withdraws three throwing knives. They gave off some static when he did though, making him sigh. "These things have been a bit buggy. Some kind of glitch with throwing weapons I suppose. Would you be willing to try with melting them down?" He tilts his head curiously. He considered the three blades to be worth one craft when put together. "Seeing how I have no real use for them I suppose."

Trinoko nodded and set the blades down on the table. "I don't mind waiting." He takes up the decent quality spear, looking it over and twirling it a bit to test it's balance before he rests it along his shoulders and rests his arms on it. "This will tide me over I would think." He smiles happily "And to be fair, he was here first."