Seldentar decides to use one more craft, and save the last one in case anyone shows up to need something made. He decides to try some armor, to put next to the rest. After thinking for a few moments, he decides plate armor seems to be the most popular. Placing the Ingot into the forge, he waits for it to heat up. Placing it onto his crafting table, he takes the hammer to it, and begins the crafting process.

Uncommon Item:

Item: Reinforced Breastplate

Quality:Uncommon

Shop:Selds Repair and Smithy

Description: This basic chest plate armor has been reinforced to give extra protection against enemy attacks. -1 To Enemy Combat Dice.

Daily Craft 3/4

Seldentar nods in approval at the chest plate that formed, and set it up on a mannequin, with the rest of his for sale equipment.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having no customers, and not wanting to waste an attempt, Seldentar decides to do one last craft before the night was up. He thinks for a moment, trying to decide what he wants to make. He has seen a lot of people using basic 1 handed swords, but he wanted to change it up. After a bit, he decides to try making a Dagger, not a throwing weapon, but he remembered seeing Daggers as a viable fighting option, so he figures why not. He begins the process, heating the metal, and then begins to hammer it out. Each swing helping to shape and form the weapon, with each swing, the calculations in the system would determine just what was forged. Finally, the dagger shaped metal began to glow...and then it shatters apart, leaving no trace of anything salvagable behind. With a sigh, Seld puts his tools away, being grateful that wasn't a commissioned craft.

Seldentar enters his shop the next day, determined to increase his shops stock. He wanted to have some good items on display so people could see what he had available. Shadow curls up on a chair, ignoring everything as Seldentar works. He puts on some basic gloves, and starts to heat up the forge. Placing the metal ingot into the forge, he starts to heat the metal using the bellows. He waits for it to be red hot, and then removes it with his tools, placing it on the work bench. Picking up his hammer, he decides to try another dagger like the previous night. Going to work on it, he begins to hammer out the metal, forming the dagger with each swing. Finally, it starts to glow and change..

Daily Craft 1 of 4

Good Item! +2 Exp

Seldentar shrugs as the dagger forms. Not terrible, but nothing special about it either. Placing it with the other items in his shop, he thinks for a moment.

After thinking for a moment, Seldentar decides to try a Rapier next. He places the metal, focusing on the attributes he wants for it. Unlike a normal sword, he needed to make this lighter, and fast. He takes the metal out after it heats up, focusing on that speed, on the lunging attacks it would be great for, and places it onto the table. Picking up his hammer, he begins to work the metal, refining it as he tries to make a good rapier to display...

Daily Craft 2 of 4

Good item! +2 Exp

Seldentar places the Rapier with the other items on display, still nothing special about it, but its time was to join the rest of the items on display.

Seldentar decides its time to try using some of the Atlantean Speed metal he found. He decides to make a one handed sword, the light weight would help with accuracy. He places the Atlantean Metal into the forge, using the bellows to heat it up. Afterwards, he removes it from the forge, moving it to the crafting table. He begins the process of forging the blade, the speed type metal easily being worked into the proper shape. Finally, after some time working it, it begins to form.

Daily Craft 3 of 4

Good Craft! +2 EXP

The sword was light, but not enough to make a difference in combat. He still places it with the others on display.

He knew he had one more craft attempt for the day, and seeing no customers all day, decided to try making a 1 Handed Curved Sword. He didn't have any on display yet, so he figured at least it would be good to display. Thinking for a moment, he decides on a Cutlass, using the Atlantean Metal again. Very light, it heats up quite fast in the forge, and he goes to work on it. With each swing of his hammer, he forms the proper shape, designing the curved blade to the best of his ability. Finally, with a glow the sword begins to form.

Daily Craft 4 of 4

Uncommon Craft! +3 Exp

Item:Atlantean Infantry Cutlass

Quality:Uncommon

Description:This Curved Sword class Cutlass was forged of Atlantean Metal, and is much lighter then iron or steel. +1 Combat Dice

The next morning, Seldentar decides to visit his shop to see if he has any customers. Not seeing any requests, he decides to try making another dagger, this time out of Atlantean Metal. He figured, with its super light weight, it would make a good dagger type weapon. He places the ingot into the forge, allowing it to heat up as he works the bellows. He waits for it to be glowing red hot, before removing it with his tongs. Placing it on the crafting work bench, he goes to work with his hammer. A dagger, taking far less time to make, starts to form almost immediately as he works the metal, willing it to be something beautiful.

Daily Craft 1 of 4

Craft Die 11

+1 Craft Die Scorched Ambition

12! Perfect Craft! +8 EXP

Item: Atlantean Carver

Quality:Perfect

Description: This Dagger, forged out of Atlantean Metal, is light and extremely sharp. Its light weight and razor sharp blade are extremely vicious in combat. +2 Battle Dice, +1 Damage.

He stares at the beautiful Dagger that forms from his craft, opening his display case and carefully placing it inside, being careful not to cut himself on the dagger. He then takes a seat, humming to himself as he waits to see if he has any customers.

Yureka wanders about in the city on floor two having just arrived and decided this time to check out the city before randomly setting off into the wilds. As she walks down a street she sees a small shop tucked into a corner, "hmm could be interesting" she says to herself before brushing her blonde bangs out of her face and entering through the door.

she takes in the blacksmith shop and the weapons on display with interest before saying hello to the shop keeper who happens to be a player which was a happy surprise being the first player run shop she had come across yet.

Seldentar had been lounging, half asleep when the door opened. He was day dreaming of the real world, and didn't notice the girl entering right away. Curled up on the counter was Shadow, his black haired fox. Shadow, seeing someone new walk in, begins to stir, making noises enough to wake Seld from his distracted mindset. He looks up, taking in the new person, and smiles a bit.

"Oh..um hello there. Sorry, bit of a slow day."

He stands, stretching a bit and yawning.

"My name is Seldentar, most people just call me Seld. How can I help you?"

Yureka looks at Seldentar and cracks a grin, "hey, I'm Yureka and I'm just looking around its my first time on floor two and I was just seeing what was around," she fiddles with the hilt of her dagger absent mindedly while talking. "i'm guessing from the forge and the weapons displayed around the shop that this is a Smithy?" she looks around at the weapons on display and thinks disparagingly about the meager amount of game money she has collected "although I think I might be wasting your time I don't think I could ever afford anything like this" she says gesturing towards the weapons display.

Seldentar walks from behind the counter, looking around. With his crafting supplies starting to run low, it was probably time to do a run for some materials.

"Well, what type of things are you looking for? Basic gear isn't too pricey, and if you have your own materials i tend to work for free. Failing that, if theres something specific you see that you like, we can always work out a deal."

He idly scratches behind Shadows ears as he talks, smiling at Yureka.

Yureka smiles beginning to like the other player more now that she was getting a good read of his personality, "well I haven't really gotten anything new from the starter gear that I had when I started but I usually fight with daggers, and my style is more of a fast and light style I try to keep as little bulk as possible." she puts her fist to her mouth while thinking and putting her elbow into her other hand for support. she leans over onto one foot and smiles "you have anything like that? or could I request something like that?"

Seldentar thinks for a moment, then swipes his hand down, opening his inventory. He scrolls through his items til he finds what he is looking for. Selecting the option , a Blueish Silver colored Ingot appears in his hand. The item reads .

"Your best bet would be something made out of this. Its a rare metal found on Floor 3 acquired by killing Sea Lions. I have three weapons ive made out of this so far. Its surprisingly light and strong."

He motions towards his displayed weapons, specifically pointing out a simple sword, an ornate Cutlass, and a very fancy looking dagger, all with the same Blue/Silver color as the Ingot in his hand.

Yureka looks at the metal and grins thinking of the possibilities, when she looks over at the weapons she draws a breath. "oh my! they are beautiful.." she looks at them closely and longingly knowing it was a long shot but asking anyway "so... who do I have to kill to afford that dagger?" she asks only half joking while pointing to the fancy looking one. she could feel it calling to her it was just perfect.

Seldentar thinks for a moment. He had become a smith to make things for people, but giving it away for free didn't do him any good. At the same time, he didn't want to leave people without equipment they needed. And this girl seemed different then a lot of people he ran into on the first two floors. So many had given up hope already, but she had spirit to her. That was the attitude people needed to have if they were ever going to get back to the real world.

"Tell you what, theres a special cave on this floor, that has dragon hatchling mobs. Supposedly, if you combine their hearts together you can create a special heavy metal good for crafting two handed weapons. I'd love to get my hands on some. Now, while im normally pretty confident about dealing with the first two floors, ive never fought dragons before. And to be honest, the last time i fought something that could fly around, it almost ended badly being alone. Why don't you come with me and help me gather their hearts. When we get back with the special material, you can have the dagger as payment. Deal?"

Yureka thought about it for a minute mulling it over in her head thinking 'dragons hmm might be dangerous but then so is everything else, why not' she smiled looking at the dagger and feeling it calling to her again "alright you got yourself a deal," she looked outside at the quickly fading light and amended, "as soon as morning comes at least, I don't like going out at night unless I have to" she shudders thinking about the last time she was forced outside at night.

Seldentar nods, thinking back to his own late night adventure. The Scythe arms of The Phantom Blade on floor five, and his near death experience against it still burned into his memory. He shudders a bit, nodding.

"Yeah...bad things can come out at night. Floor 2 has a bit nicer beds in the Inn then Floor 1, but personally, i perfer heading up to floor 7. My guild uses the bar as a meeting place, and the beds and rooms feel like more then prison cells. I can show you where if you'd like, im heading there myself soon."

Seldentar nods, humming to himself as he quickly shuts the lights off. He moves to the display case, transferring the dagger to his own inventory, then locks the case.

"Cmon Shadow, lets get going"

He walks to the door, his fox following behind him as always.

"Well Yureka, lets get going."

Seldentar will lead her to the Teleport Pad in the city, making sure she was standing on it too so she would be able to recite the words after him.

"Teleport, Nimbus!"