Watching the spear return to the shape of a stinger, he wonders if he should keep trying. It was giving him exp, and he had the stinger still. With only one craft attempt left for the day, he might as well. Besides, he reasoned, his level was improving, if he needed to go get more stingers for this he could.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He prepares the forge, placing the stinger into the burning hot area with tongs. Safety first, thats what he was taught in shop class. A chuckle leaves his lips as he works, removing it with tongs again. Shop class, as if they prepared him for anything in that. He begins to hammer out the stinger, hoping for something better then he had been getting out of these spears...and then the shattering sound he was afraid of happened, leaving nothing behind.

Fail +1 Exp

Seld eventually returns to his shop, late at night, stopping in briefly and looking at his display. The sword he made from the Hornet stinger, while not bad, was just taking up space. He decided to test his luck and see if he could reclaim the Stinger.

Craft roll 1 - 6 item is lost

7 - 12 material returned

Recovered!

As the sword vanishes, he happily returns the Hornet Stinger to his Inventory. It wasnt a bad sword, but as he got better as a smith, he was sure he could find better uses for it.

Early in the morning, Seld gets to his shop, Shadow on his heels. He gets the hornet stinger ready for his last attempt at making this spear. He knew if this didn't work, hed have to go fight the scorpions to get more stingers, or get the last Scorpion Stinger from Trinoko. Placing it into the forge, he allows it to heat up, then begins to hammer it, selecting Assault Spear as his choice of weapon.

Failure, mats lost.

Seldentar frowns. When he had reclaimed the Hornet Stinger, he thought maybe he could make it work with that better then the Scorpion one, but that was worse still. With a sigh, he figured hed just wait for Trinoko to come in with the last stinger he had to try it with that.

Bad Craft 1/3 For the day

+1 Exp

Trinoko walks into the store, curiosity in his eyes as he waits to see if his custom ordered spear was completed yet. He still had one final <> left before he was all out and would need more to create the weapon he desired. He smiled and called out to the shop's owner "Hey! We have any luck yet?" He chuckles softly.

Trinoko nodded and tossed him his last stinger. "Sure, I really want this spear..." He looks over at his current one and sighs. "Teeeechnically we could break this one down as well if thing keep going bad... I could just use the beginner one, but it would scream newbie if things didn't work out." He chuckles a bit

Seldentar shakes his head.

"Oh no no no. If this doesn't work im going up to floor six with Shadow and we are gonna go hunt these things to extinction until I get it right. This game can't beat me."

Seldentar shakes sighs stubbornly, taking the final Stinger. He moves into the back, placing it into the forge. He stares intently at it, willing this one to be perfect. He moves to the crafting table, placing it carefully with tongs, and begins the crafting process. He hits the hammer repeatedly against the stinger, willing it to take shape. As it forms, its shape, and overall appearance just seems....horrible. It was ugly, low durability, nothing special at all.

Seldentar throws the stinger back into the forge, almost angrily. He was not letting this game win. The Cardinal system was supposed to be fair, so he was gonna make sure it worked this time. He removes the Stinger with the tongs, and, taking a deep breath, begins to craft, trying not to let his anger affect the crafting process.

+1 Scorched Ambition

Good Item: +2 Exp

He shakes his head in disbelief. That was all the crafts he could do for the day, and at the end, he was literally right back where he started.

Trinoko chuckled and offered Seld a shrug before saying "Well, I guess this means we try again tomorrow. Think the scorpions are going to go extinct before this happens?" He smirked to himself, he had hoped it was not his own terrible luck that was causing such problems for Seld. He had managed to craft some pretty good things when he was not around!

Seldentar shakes his head.

"I can try to reclaim the materials from this spear. I also am thinking of other venomous creatures ive run into. There are giant snakes here on Floor 2, the fangs from one might work, but id need to find a bigger one then the last one I ran into. I heard from an Info Broker that during the beta, if you kill enough of the small ones, there was a chance of a really big one spawning."

Trinoko blinked as he heard about the snakes. It triggered a part of his memory and he smiled. "Hm. Well, I happen to need those fangs for something different but related." He chuckled "See, Angel has something in mind to create using those fangs. Maybe we should invite him along too... besides, with the way loot works, we will get more of them if we go as a group. You know?" He smirks, each would get a quest reward if they made it one.

Seldentar nods as he hears Trinokos surprise idea. Then he bends over scratching Shadow behind the ears.

"What do you think boy, wanna go kill some giant snakes?"

He stands up, stretching a bit.

"I still gotta find a tailor that knows there stuff."

He sets one of the objects in his inventory into a game object, holding one of the rolls of red cloth he recovered the previous night.

"Let me see if I can find a tailor first, if not i can go without it, just this would really help in the long run."

As morning comes, Seldentar returns to his shop from the Inn, picking up the spear he made yesterday. Since Trinoko already had one as good as this, he decided to try to reclaim the materials. Humming to himself, he went through the smithing menus, selecting Salvage Materials. He held his breath then, waiting to see if it was successful.

SUCCESS

He smiles, seeing the familiar look of the Scorpion Stinger.

He goes to work, placing the Stinger within the forge, letting it heat up. He had tried this so many times, he wasn't sure if it would ever succeed. Still, he didn't want to give up. He wanted to make something amazing. Using his tools he removes the Stinger, placing it down on the workbench. Taking up his smithing hammer, he begins to work the metal stinger, while his mind wills it to form something good.

Craft Die 10

+1 Scorched Ambition

11 = Rare Craft! +5 Exp!

Item:Venomous Scorpion Spear

Quality: Rare

Shop:Selds Repair and Smithy

Description:This Venemous Assault Spear, forged from the stinger of the Floor 6 Boss Room Scorpions, poisons any enemy it hits. 1 Additional Damage every turn for 3 turns after a successful hit.

Daily Craft 1 of 3

He looks down at the purple hued assault spear, his eyes finally lighting up. Beautiful, a work of art. Maybe not perfect, but still an amazing weapon. He was sure Trinoko would be happy with it. Grinning, he puts it aside, to surprise him with later. Then he thinks for a moment. He needed more displayed items, he only had the one black sword left, so he decides to make something to join it. A shield maybe, that should do it. He places one of the metal ingots from his inventory into the forge, allowing it to heat up. He proceeds to place it onto the crafting table, and will begin to work the metal. With each hammer shot, he wills it to be great.

Craft die 8

+1 Scorched Ambition

Good Craft +2 Exp

Level up!

Craft 2 of 4 Daily

Seldentar shrugs, putting the shield on display next to the Sword. Like the sword, it wasn't magical in any way, but still, it had a nice look to it, and having a few things out would help. With a grin, he noticed his level up notification, which meant he was now a level 3 smith.