• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seldentar takes the first dagger, looking it over. Selecting it, he brings up the smithing menu. After confirming there was in fact no way to actually reforge it, he selects the salvage option. The Dagger begins to glow, brighter and brighter... and with a popping noise, it reverts back to a large metal scorpion stinger.

Salvage:

Craft roll:

1 - 6 Lost

7 - 12: Recovered

Armband: +1 Craft rolls

Getting confident, he places the stinger back on the counter top.

"Alright then, one down two to go."

Picking up the second dagger, he once again opens up the smithing menu, and selects Salvage. It gets brighter and brighter, almost blindingly so, and then the shattering sound can be heard as it vanishes, leaving nothing behind.

Seld sighs, picking up the final dagger. He had hoped to actually get all three, but the system was an unbiased entity, and wouldnt make things unfair. He goes through the motions on the final dagger, holding his breath as he selects salvage. Sadly, the final dagger explodes just like the second, leaving only one Stinger recovered.

Seld nods, a bit sad by his attempts. Still, better now then later as Trinoko said.

"Well, your friend seems to be a bit distracted, so lets see about making a better assault spear. Like I said, if this doesnt work out, ill help you get more stingers. Ill do his armor tomorrow first thing."

He picks up the stinger using his tongs, and places it into the forge. As it glows hot, he removes it, mentally selecting Assault Spear, and begins to work the metal stinger. With each swing he focuses, willing it to be what he wanted it to be. Finally, with a glowing light, the stinger begins to transform...into an identical version of the one he made previous. It looked wicked with the barbed tip, but as far as he could tell, still no special qualities.

Roll 7

+1 Armband

8 = Good item +2 Exp

Trinoko shrugged and said "I guess this means your luck is pretty average." He winks and looks at the twin of his current weapon "Can't say I really need it seeing how I have one of those already. All yours, man." He takes his weight off of his spear and stretches out, still using the spear like it was a walking stick.

Seld looks to his shoulder looking at his own sword. Was that just a fluke, was he just average. Shaking his head, he knew the system was simply against him at the moment due to his level. Winking at Trinoko, he says..

"You sure you don't need it, one in each hand, im sure thats a totally viable fighting style"

Laughing, he opens his own menus up.

"I can try to salvage it, maybe give it another go tomorrow."

Trinoko laughs and says "Only seen that in one anime, and one game in my entire life." He shrugs and goes on to add "Besides, I picked the two handed type. Good suggestion though!" He twirls the blade in his hands, glad about the size of the weapon and the uses he could find for it. "As for the salvaging, I don't see why not. I would happily use this until then." He smiled to the smith, in his mind since he crafted it, it was his now. Trinoko had no expectations of having doubles in his inventory.

Seldentar shrugs.

"We might as well go for it, gonna keep trying til i get you what you asked for after all!"

Seld moves into the smithing menus options, selecting Salvage on the Spear. Watching it start to glow, he really hopes this one goes better then the last few. Eventually the light fades, leaving behind the same stinger he had just worked on. He places it on the counter.

"Well, how about that, luck was finally on our side i guess."

Trinoko nodded "Sounds good to me. I hope you have better luck then!" He chuckles happily and points at his crafted armband "And that my work is a better help." He rolls his eyes, glancing to the door. "Guess I will pop over tomorrow to pick it up. If not, I have other things I could use some smithing help with."

Kane was fine with letting Trinoko have his attempt first at getting new weapons, though it didn't quite go as planned. He turned to Seldentar, placing his two stingers on the table. "If you'd like, I'll just leave these here and come back tomorrow for the armor, if luck is on our side."

Seld begins bright and early the next morning. He takes the first stinger, placing it into the forge. He mentally begins to draw out the image of plate armor, taking into account Kanes body type to the best of his memory for a good fit. He focuses on the paralysis effect, and having the armor help weaken it. Finally, it is ready. He removes the stinger with tongs, moving it to the crafting table. He takes his hammer, making sure he has equipped his Armband today, and begins to craft. He works the metal with each swing, until it begins to take its shape...

Armband: +1 Craft Die

Modified Roll: 12

Perfect Craft! +8 EXP

Item:

Venomous Protector

Quality: Perfect

Shop:Selds Repair and Smithy

Description: This red/purple hued armor was forged from the Venomous Scorpions of the Floor 6 Boss. It grants protection from the paralyzing abilities to whomever wheres it. (Game mechanics incoming.)

Seld stares in awe as the armor forms. Plate armor, a tint of purple to it, it was beautiful. Easily a match in terms of quality to his sword. He set it down, while turning to work on the assault spear. He wondered if his luck would hold out. He noticed that his level had improved, that was good, he had a good chance at doing a little better in the future now. Going to work, he starts to work another stinger, willing it to form into something beautiful..

Good item: +2 Exp