[OP-F1] Fresh start [Completed]

As I looked around the restaurant, bored and waiting for my order to come.

I noticed 2 other players sitting at the table next to me.

‘That’s odd, I thought. They don’t look like completely new players. What are they doing so low in Aincrad?’

They looked like they know their way around however.

‘Maybe I should ask them if there are any activities here on the lower floors to do, after all so far the only thing I’ve done in Aincrad was scam my way to money and eat nice food, never really leaving the cities.’

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, it sure was." I said, as I skimmed through the menu.

After I said that, I had a tingling feeling down my spine, as it was warning me about something. I wanted to tell Shade about it, but a message popped up infront of me.

'From Ashley'

'Ashley huh..'

I pressed the accept button, and read Ashley's message.

'Hey, Katharine. I have finished the outfit you ordered, so you can come pick up your outfit now.'

I quickly pressed the reply message and wrote,

'Kay, I'll be there at around 8.30pm, in around 2 hours time, sound good?'

I pressed the send message, and then started to look through the menu again.

The waiter came and asked if we were ready, and i nodded as i ordered some medium rare steak with some huckelberries as q side. Then after the waiter wrote all that down, he turned to Kat as i looked out the window.It looked peaceful.out there but something doesn't feel right. I didn't say anything about because I'm not one hundred percent sure about it. Miliel woke up from snuggling on my neck and coat collar and hopped down on the table chirpping at random people, Kat included.

"Not that i know of Zel, frankly i haven't heard much of late. Although you did show up at the last minute when Shark and i were taking care of that dragon." I teased as i took a sip of my drink. Then i realized i haven't introduced Zel.

"Oh that's right, Katherine this is Zelrius and vice versa. He's one of my friends, and we help each other out from time to time." I said with a smile.

Miliel is a song bird, and she started to chirp up a song as she was going with the BGM in here. She tilted her head to look at me and i smiled as i held out my hand for her to hop on to. But she decided to hop on Kat's exposed hand that was laying on the table. I smirked.

"It seems that she likes you over me." I said with sarcasm.

I smirked. Yeah, good thing they didn't do that. Although I had to get them a tank for them to live in so I got them a 20 gallon one. My mom could never stand being near them, which I found it funny even though she likes spiders but not scorpions. I laughed at the thought. Then the waiter brought our food to us. Please enjoy! He said as he went to the other customers.

"Dayum, she must be one brave mom, I can't even stand ants, and their freaking ants!" I exclaimed slightly. Right after that, the waiter gave us our food and I gave him a small 'thank you' before he left.

Out of boredom, I played with my knife (like how asuna did it in my profile pic) for a few moments, before using it to cut the fish of my fish and chips. I quickly took a bite of the fish, and was to my surprise; quite delicious. I soon finished half of my fish in a few seconds, indulging myself in the delicious food.

I sat in the corner of the diner, the isolation of the shadows comforting me as I watched the players in the diner from afar.

The waiter approached me and placed the ginger beer I had asked for in front of me. I thanked him with a silent notation by looking him in the eyes and nodding my head, thanking him without uttering a word. The waiter walked away as I picked up the ginger beer and took a sip.

I continued to sit in the shadows, the only friend I was sitting with was darkness itself.

Noticing she was staring at something, I started to turn to where she was staring at. What are you staring at? I asked as I see a guy sitting in the darkest corner by himself. I hummed to myself as I went into my thoughts. Then I figured to heck with it and got up and approached the guy. Why are you sitting back here for? I asked him.

I noticed a girl watching me as I sat in the corner of the diner, sipping on my drink. After a while, one of the players sitting with her stood up and walked over to me. He asked me what I was doing sitting back here.

Without making eye contact with him, instead looking down at my drink, I replied. "Oh me? I'm just sitting here in the shadows. Too much light over where you're sitting for my liking."

After a few seconds of silence I finally decided to look up and make eye contact with him. I wasn't too fond of trusting people but he seemed alright. "Name's Koutei."