[SHOP- F2] Celestial Arsenal

Angel smiled as he bought the small house on the second floor. He chose to set up his shop in the middle of Urbus, for convenience. He stepped inside and smiled a little wider. The house was nice and clean, with a wooden counter along the right wall. A display wall and some dummies for armor were on the left side. Against the back wall there were empty wooden shelves. He walked to the back room and inspected his soon to be forge. It was a large area and he was surprised to see that there was a smelter already in the building. Unfortunately, it looked old and unreliable. He decided to either fix it it up or just get a new one. It also had an old work bench and an anvil. Luckily, he also saw a few different sized hammers along the wall along with some tongs. Various empty crates and barrels lined the back room as well. "Not a bad start if I do say so myself." He smiled to himself.

He decided to test the smelter to see if he'd have to fix it. He started heating it up and the forge gave off an eerie red glow. Then Angel took out one of his Boar tusks that he kept in his inventory. He used the tongs and placed the material in the hot oven. When it was hot enough, he placed the tusk on the anvil and started hammering away, a one handed long sword in mind. After the final hit, the item formed.

NEW ITEMS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE. SEE BELOW

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the sword formed, Angel felt, different. As the blade formed, he wasn't sure what to think of it. It was a one handed longsword alright but it seemed much more, beautiful. The blade was steel and almost 5 feet long. The handle was made of iron, with little bumps along the sides fitted for a grip. The most prominent feature was the small boar head at the bottom of the handle, acting as a sort of center piece for the whole thing. It was a growling boar and it pulled the whole thing together. Angel grinned as he looked it over. Almost instantly he equipped the weapon. It feels like a raging animal is trapped inside the item, waiting to get out.

Name: Boar Slasher

Quality: Rare

Description: A 5 foot long, steel, one handed longsword with an iron handle. The handle is formed as a sort of grip, molding into the shape of the wielders hand. The bottom of the handle has a small ivory boar bust about an inch tall.

Enchantments: +1 to Battle Die, +1 Attack

Rank 1: Starting rank and 2 Crafts a day

1=Epic fail 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

2-4=fails 1 EXP (lose mats if crafting)

5-7=bad Item 1 EXP (50% chance to salvage mat's in repeat quest)

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

10=Uncommon Item 3 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

11=Rare Item 5 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

12= Perfect Item 8 EXP (GM approval for enhancements)

1 out of 2 daily crafts

- 1 material used

5 XP earned

9/20 total XP

Angel was wandering around the shop, wondering what to create next. Then he realized that he needed a center piece, something to draw in customers. So he started heating up the furnace, continuing to wonder what he should make. The only material he had on hand was a single <>. So while the furnace was getting ready, he set out to find a good material to combine with the tusk. He needed to make things that looked angelic or heavenly, so a feather or something light would do.

He wandered around the streets, observing the vendors that had set up shop on the second floor. There were slim pickings and whatever did look good was either to expensive or not right for his intentions. He frowned when he found nothing and made his way back to the shop. But as he was walking, a single white feather fell from the air. When Angel picked it up and checked its stats, he saw that it was a <>. Angel didn't even know there were doves in this game. It seemed so barbaric that the idea of such a peaceful creature was startling. But he shrugged and added the feather to his inventory. Then he rushed back to his forge.

He ran inside his shop and got to work. He tossed his remaining <> into the forge and waited for it to heat up. Then, using the tongs, he brought the hot item out of the forge and set it on the anvil. Then he gently placed the <> onto the hot tusk and then quickly hammered it, imagining a fine set of heavy armor. He hammered it for the final time as the materials began to glow, and the suit formed. It wasn't as fine as his sword but it was a good suit none the less. It was made of strong metal, with a beautiful feathery shoulder guard. It looked beautiful to Angel as he held it up to the light.

He smiled as he propped the armor onto one of the wooden dummies. Then he shined it up with a rag. As he walked to the front of the store, he grabbed a sign and started to edit the writing on it. He posted, "New Items Available!" and propped it in the window. Then he set up a few other items that he had in his inventory around the shop. Then he grinned as he fixed up the shop for any potential customers.

Item Name: Heaven's Guard

Quality: Good

Description: A suit of heavy armor that is as strong as a boar's hide and light as a feather. It is white, with leather straps that fall down the shoulders. Soft feathers rest atop these straps that cover the shoulder, giving the wearer a regal look.

All Daily Crafts used

Created Items: Boar Slasher and Heaven's Guard.

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

-1 material

2 XP earned

11/20 Total XP

Angel quickly realized that he was out of materials and that wouldn't go well for a smith. If anything, he needed a customer to come in with a custom order and payed with materials. But it would come in handy to have materials for practicing. So he locked up the shop and made his way to the other various shops, hoping to get some ingots or special materials for crafting.

As he scanned the various items for sale, he bought 2 iron ingots and a single dragon's talon. It cost quite a bit of Col but he figured that he could make it up in profit off of the items he makes. As he made his way back to the shop, he was surprised to find another white feather resting on the ground. He picked it up and sure enough it was a <>. He looked around to see if there was a nest nearby. Strangely enough, he found nothing. He shrugged and added it to his inventory. Then he proceeded to return to the shop.

As he opened the smith back up and stepped inside, storing the materials into a wooden chest for safe keeping. He looked around, smiling at his shop, proud of his work. He only had a few items for sale with his main item being Heaven's Guard. As Angel looked around and felt strange. He felt, alone. His mind wandered to other thoughts as he got ready for any customers to show up.

Trinoko wandered into the shop, looking around he saw the owner and smiled. He offered Angel a wave as he walked inside and said "Hey there! How's it going. I don't know if you remember, but I'm Trinoko." He goes on to state his business "I was wondering if you could craft some light metal armor for me. I have some... specific effects in mind, but just the looks would be fine."

Angel heard the door open and he turned to see a familiar face. "No way; it's you! I remember you from Floor 7." At the request of light armor, Angel quickly goes behind the counter. He pulls up a notepad and starts taking notes. "I'm gonna need specifics; effects, appearance, anything special and I need to know it." He smiled, the excitement of his first customer getting to him.

Trinoko nodded happily and said, taking out the armor of a former PKer and plopping it down onto his counter. "It's too damaged and wouldn't fit anyways, so I want it to be used as a material." He chuckled "As for the specifics... Okay, the effect is a bit niche. I would want it to boost poison damage when I am lucky." He grins "And as for the looks..." He goes through his notes and brings up his description. To some it would have been better off as a leather set, but there was a metal breastplate as well so he figured it should be lightmetal. "That's pretty much it. I want an armor like that, with some wonderful synergy of making the poisoned in even worse shape!" He smiled to the smith, knowing his inexperience he says "I know it's a tall order, but I am hoping we get lucky."

((Something like, doubles poison damage and restores duration on critical hit or something? :3))

Angel's eyes nearly jumped out of his head. This was a big job, and his first official one none the less! As Trinoko listed the effects he asked for, Angel quickly jotted them down and began thinking about possible materials to make it with. He wanted a suit of armor that doubled poison damage and possibly resetting the duration of the damage enhancer. He racked his brain, thinking about poison. "I might have an idea. It's a stretch but I think that this could work." Angel opened his inventory and took out an old journal that he had written as a beta tester. Flipping through it, he found what he was looking for. "Alright, a while back I met a guy who specialized in poison based items. He had a secret for each type of poison attribute based on potency, duration, and effect. He told me that on the 5th floor, just outside of Armadillo, you can find Rattlesnakes that drop <> when you defeat them. Those should work because they are extremely venomous. It should provide a strong enough effect that it makes what you're looking for. Get me at least 4 of them and I'll see what I can do. But I've got to warn you; these things are dangerous. If you get bitten and they get that venom in you, it won't take long for you to die. You're gonna wanna stock up on Anti-Poison potions or status healing crystals." He said as he put away the journal. "I can help you get it if you want." He offered.

While he waited for his customer's response, Angel made his way to the back room. He started heating up the forge. Then he grabbed an <> and the <> from the chest. He placed both items in the forge and heated them up. Then when they were hot, he brought both items to the anvil and grabbed his hammer. He placed the <> on top of the <> and then started to hammer the two materials together. It took twice the amount of hits but then the item, a shield, started to form. But at the very last second, Angel changed his mind and imagined a One-Handed Longsword. In front of his eyes, was a masterpiece of forgery. The massive sword formed as Angel's eyes eyes sparkled. The blade was red in color with a leathery grip. It had small, diamond shaped holes in the center of the blade to allow air to pass through easily, making the blade move faster. The grip was spectacularly designed for grip, making it impossible to lose it. The guard was designed like a dragon's claw wrapping around the users hand. Angel was proud of himself.

Item Info

Name: The Dragon's Claw

Quality: Uncommon

Description: A One-Handed Longsword with a red blade and leather grip. Small, diamond shaped holes are placed on the inside of the blade for speed. The grip is designed like a dragon's claw holding the player's hand in place.

Enhancment: +1 to Battle Dice

8-9=Good Item 2 EXP

Trinoko hummed in thought before offering a nod "Very well. I had been hoping to use this armor as a material, but I think I could also get the fangs for... insurance." He chuckles softly "Basically to make sure you keep trying until it works, and as pay if you succeed!" He nods a bit and says "Would that be acceptable?"

As Angel walked out, the new sword in hand, he nodded at Trinoko's offer. "Let me see the armor so that I can disassemble it." He took the damaged armor and brought it to the back. After lightly hitting it with his hammer, the armor turned into 2 <> and 1 <>. Then he took the materials back to Trinoko. "The armor was to damaged to repair properly, so I decided to start fresh. Anyways, I think the fangs would be a good payment. I could do a lot with a few extremely venomous fangs at my disposal." He mumbled the last part to himself but he returned his attention to Trin. "Listen, I'd like to help you get these things. It would be nice to get back into the field." He smiled, hoping he'd say yes.

Trinoko hummed and gave a nod, happily saying "That sounds good to me. I had been meaning to try this thing out." He gestures to the large spear he had on his back, only meant for those who wouldn't hide behind a shield. "It's just a regular one with a barbed head, but I have a smith trying to make me a poisoned version..." He grins "To go along with the armor." He chuckles happily to himself.

Angel grinned as he started the days work. He walked into the shop and grabbed whatever materials he needed to start crafting. After looking through the chest where he kept all his materials, he was ad to discover that he only had 1 <> and 1 <> remaining. He could only craft with the ingot; the feather could only be for decoration or an enhancement if he managed to get a good craft. He sighed and grabbed both materials, taking them to the back room as he did so. AS he entered the room, he heard the noise of rough breathing. He smiled as he saw his Familiar, Lucifer, sleeping on his hay pile. The hay hadn't caught on fire during the night which was a blessing in and of itself. Angel made his way down to the forge area and started heating up the furnace. Apparently the sudden change in heat was enough to wake up the Nightmare because he snapped awake. His eyes instantly locked onto me. "Good morning Master Angel." He said sleepily. Angel grinned as he waited for the furnace to get hot enough. "Morning Lucifer." he returned the greeting.

As the furnace told Angel it was ready, Lucifer spoke up. "Master, if I might be of assistance; do you think I could assist you in some way?" His booming voice gave Angel an idea. He looked over at Lucifer's bright blue flames that acted as his tail and mane. Angel got a twinkle in his eye as he turned off the furnace and grabbed the ingot with the tongs. Then me moved it over to Lucifer's side. "Do you think you could breath some of your fire on this?" He asked as the held the ingot tightly. "I will do my best." He said as he stood up. Then he took a deep breath and shot a small blast of blue fire at the ingot. Almost instantly the ingot became red hot and was ready for crafting. Angel grinned and quickly brought it over to the anvil. "Good work buddy." He said as he took the hammer off the wall. Lucifer bowed his head as Angel placed the <> on the hot ingot and started hammering it. He struck the ingot several time until a suit of armor formed. It was a suit of light armor but it's design showed. It looked like Heaven's Guard but it was smaller and had a darker color to it. Black feathers rested on the shoulders and the metal looked like it had been thrown into a fire. Angel's eyes sparkled as he picked up the suit and looked it over. "Not bad. Not bad at all." he said to himself as he checked the armors stats.

• Name: Fallen Angel Armor
    Quality: Rare
    Description: A similar design to Heaven's Guard, it is a set of light armor that is charcoal black in color with black feathers resting on the shoulder guards. It seems lighter than a normal suit of light armor.
    Enhancements: -1 to enemy attack dice when dodging, Feather Fall- causes the wearer to descend at a slower rate at will.

XP 18/20 Rank 1

• 2 weeks later...

Angel looked through his inventory to see if he had any spare crafting materials on hand. While he was scrolling, he found a familiar item, <>. He remembered the quest he had done with his friend Seldentar in order to get these items. "Whatever is forged using these stones, be it weapon or armor, the item will repair itself automatically." he repeated the rumor to himself. He had confirmed the existence of the stones, now it was time to test to see if they lived up to their title. He had six stones which meant plenty of chances to try something. But he only had two daily crafts. So he decided to work carefully. He walked to the back of the building where his forge rested. His Familiar, Lucifer, was resting in the corner, munching on some meat that Angel had put out for him. When he entered the room, Lucifer turned to greet him. "Good afternoon Master." He said telepathically. "Hey buddy." Angel greeted his friend as he put four of the stones in a chest for later, leaving two of them on the anvil. They twitched occasionally and moved around the flat surface. Angel took his tongs and raised it, feeling the buzzing of the stone's energy in the tongs handles. Then he moved over to Lucifer. "Could you heat this up for me please?" He asked as he held the stone near Lucifer's mouth. "Of course sir." He said as he blasted the item with blue flames.

Jace walked into the the shop. He seen Angel working hard in his work. He came up to the desk and said to Angel Heh can you make me a sword that boosts up my attack? I will go get the materials. I was planning on a green blade that had poison in it so every attack it would increase my battle skills He handed Angel a paper that said the ingredients.

Venom Light-sword

Description: A blade that is filled with venom to make attacks stronger. Made with light Ivory it is very light and powerful. A good weapon for the not as strong players to get better.

Ingredients: 2 venom

3 Ivory

1 dragon stone

1 leather

Jace stood still waiting for Angels answer. I have a copy so I can go get the ingredients.