PP | F01 - The First Few Lessons Are Free [ Dustin ]

"You haven't fought yet, have you? If you knew the thrill of killing monsters, it's great," she smiled to herself. Yup, impaling things with my spear is tons of fun. She sighed, shrugging. "Reading news huh.." she mumbled. I don't think I've done that.. I guess it would be interesting to see what's going on, but I don't care anyway. "It probably is," she looked up at him with clipped eyes, "I don't know the whole story, but if you're saying it's your fault, then it's no doubt your fault." She shrugged, giving a small and bitter chuckle, "I'm pretty straight forward right..?" Her eyes turned to the ground, "It's true though. Stop weeping about your dead brother. The weakness will only bring you down." Turning her head up to him, she gave a shrug. "I can't guarantee that I won't die in here, neither can I guarantee I'll make it out of here," she said blankly, "and besides.. even if I do get out of here.. I don't think I can survive what waits me beyond Aincrad," she muttered to herself, shaking her head. "I'm sure you aren't," she said sarcastically, muttering a few curses under her breath. It's story time I guess.

@Dustin

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He keeps digging, until he hears her say it was his fault. He looks at her with anger in his eyes. He continues to dig until, "Dagflabbit, nothing." He stands up and walks to the rock she sits on. "Ya know, I think you're not giving yourself enough credit." He claims, "I think you're stronger than you're letting on." He says, leaning his back against the other side of the rock. "My strength is a total mystery, but whatever it is, I got it from the losses I've experienced." He sighs. "You know, you're the strongest player who's helped me. And I have been in a fight. I fought the people who killed my brother. I barely won, but I survived." He slams his fist on the ground. He stands up and moves in front of her, "I promise not to die until my debt has been repaid." He says, "Money back guaranteed." He continues, with a weak smile on his face and a thumbs up. "Anyhow, so far I've done all of the real talking, you've just replied. It's your turn." He nods to her.

ID- 103123

LD- 8 (fail)

@Asakku

Edited by Dustin

She looked up at him with bored eyes, "enough credit, hm. I'm nothing compared to those front liners, once I'm up there. I'll be strong." she replied with a mutter, putting her elbow on her knee and pressing her chin into her palm. "I'm sure you can get very strong.." she sighed in a bored tone, "but you're not there yet I suppose.." She looked up at him with an amused twinkle in her eyes. "You haven't even see me fight, how can you be so sure?" She rolled her eyes, resisting the urge to flinch as he pounded his fist into the ground. This yelling and pounding is going to be the death of me. Hazado was the same.. She growled angrily under her breath, looking him in the eyes. "You have no debt on me, I don't want your money." She frowned at his smile. 

"I'm not the best at talking. So no thanks."

@Dustin

He keeps digging, but still finds nothing. "I'm starting to get mad." He says.  He gets up to walk back over to the rock and sits next to the rock. "You know, I've never been this deep in the woods." He announces, trying to break the silence. He tries to push the rock, but it doesn't budge. He keeps trying, using all of his strength and moving the dirt on the ground. He's almost completely horizontal when his arms give out and he falls flat on his face. He gives a thumbs up without even lifting his head off of the ground. He rolls over and just stares up into the sky. "OOH! That... one looks just like... a cloud." He pants, pointing to a shapeless whit blob in the sky. He continues to lay there and point out clouds. He rolls onto his side, and coughs.  "You know, this ground is super comfy." He says. He smiles, genuinely. He closes his eyes and starts to doze off.

ID- 103128

LD- 10 (fail)

@Asakku

Edited by Dustin

“Mad.. that’s what this game does to you. It’s what it makes you,” she murmured, rubbing her elbows. I sure know as hell its making me mad. She sighed, watching him sit down. “Yeah?I go here all there time for quests,” she recalled, pushing her palm up to her cheeks. She watched him push with rock with a small glint in her gaze ,”aw. Am I that heavy?” She joked, sparing a small glance at her skinny arms. 

She gave a small chuckle as he face planted into the ground, standing up and looming over him. “Guess I’m the tall one now,” she tilted her head and sat next to him. “Very cloud-y,” she replied, her neutral face faltering. “Comfy my arse, my butt feels like hell,” she muttered, rubbing her back. “Don’t go to sleep, you still have that quest to do,” her face morphed into a frown as she slapped him lightly across the face.

@Dustin

"Five more minutes." He groans, but he rolls over quickly and sits up. "OWW!" He shouts, "I rolled onto a ding dang rock."  He stands up and kicks the rock, but it bounces off a tree and hits him in the face. He rubs his face and walks over to keep digging. He stands up and walks to the spot he slept, stabs his sword into the ground and leans against the flat of the blade. He yawns, "You should be more grateful, this is better than that stupid rock over there. By the way, you look like hell." He laughs, "Kidding. Don't go hitting me again please." He continues.

He looks off into the distance. "You know, I'm glad our hair doesn't get disgusting in this game like it does in real life. It sucks, taking care of hair." He claims, looking back at her, "Er, at least tedious. Wait, our hair must be gross in the real world." He says, scrunching his face in disgust. He smiles at her, "I bet mine looks great though." He laughs.

ID- 103138

LD- 12 (success)

@Asakku

Edited by Dustin

“Even the universe agrees with me here,” she shook her head and gave him a pointed look. “This is he sign, the sign for you to stop being an idiot.. but you can’t really change that can you..?” She thought out loud to herself, scratching her head. She looked at herself, oh, it was so much worse at home. She looked up st him with a shrug, “I’ve been worse,” way worse. “Hit you? Gladly!” She gave a small devilish grin before smacking square across the face. “Your wish is my command.”

Raising a confused eyebrow, she laid back onto the grass with a sigh. “That’s a random subject. But yeah, I wish my hair grew longer.” She pulled on a strand of her hair. “My.. father, liked it like this.” She churned her head to look at him, “I bet your hair looks like a birds nest under the Nerve Gear.”

@Dustin

He stands up, and walks back to dig again. He stands up and walks back over to her. "I told you not to hit me," He sits against his sword again, "But it's cool, it only hurt a little." He picks up a rock and chucks it at a tree. He keeps chucking them at trees to pass time. He gently chucks one at her and it hits her in the forehead. "Oh shootsidoodles, I'm so sorry." He runs next to her, "Now you have permission to do whatever you want to me." He stands up and picks up his sword and sheathes it. He looks at her, "I am sorry." He scratches the back of his head, "I hate that I did that. Why did I do that? Why am I so stupid?" He picks up the rock, and tosses it up and catches it. He puts it in his pocket and walks towards her. He holds out his hand to help her up. "We should find a better spot."

ID- 103139

LD- 14 (success)

@Asakku

Edited by Dustin

“I don’t tend to to listen to people,” she muttered, “I wish this was the real world, I could kick you beat way easier,” she blinked, taking in a small yawn. She watched as he aimlessly threw rocks at trees, “you know that-“ she was cut off when he threw a rock at her. When he said she can do whatever she wanted, she clapped her hands together and chuckled, “whatever I want? Okay,” she opened her in inventory and took her spear out. “Hehehe..” she called, pointing the end of her spear at him. “This is your wish not mine... but, I don’t think I want to be a player killer, yet,” she smirked, sitting back down and dropping her spear on the forest floor. 

“You’ll be my first target for when I do become one though,” she pointed finger guns at him and smiled mischievously. “Then.. bam.” Gone.

@Dustin

When she says bam, Dustin grabs his stomach and stumbles back, like he had been shot. "Go ahead, but by then, I'll be strong enough to at least fend off a flimsy spear." He says chuckling, touching the tip of the spear, "Ouch." He mumbles, flipping his hand around. "That's sharp." He walks over to a new spot and digs for stuff. "Still nothing. Is this what it's like when you try to think of nice things to say?" He laughs. He walks over and sits against a tree near her. "So, this is fun." He complains, drawing his sword, pointing it at her. "This is Fury's Hand." He explains, "This baby has done... absolutely nothing."

He looks at her and smiles. "Still, you would probably beat me." He laughs, leaning his head against the tree. "I don't do much fighting players." He drops his head, "Only like three or four, ever." He pulls his hood off and fixes his messy hair. He stood up and started throwing rocks at trees as hard as he could. "What were you saying when I so rudely threw the rock at you?"

ID- 103148

LD- 9 (fail)

@Asakku

Edited by Dustin

She sputtered, "flimsy?! What are you calling flimsy," she grabbed her spear and caressed it, "the spear is the best weapon in the game." She huffed, shaking her head, "in fact, it should be called Spear Art online, thats how good it is." She narrowed her eyes at him and frowned, "I'd like to see how your sword is better than my spear," she emphasized, shaking her head. Swords. too heavy. When you got a one handed spear, all you need is to be fast. Who needs a shield if they can't even hit you either?! She chuckled to herself, shield my arse. She looked up at him and grinned victoriously, "yup, it's perfect for impaling someon- something," she coughed, looking in another direction. "It's a sword, thats why it's doing nothing," she commented, tilting her head.

"Not probably, darling. I would beat you," she gave a small clap and rolled over so she was face planting into the grass. "how comforting," she said, muffled by the forest floor. Looking up in surprise, she held her gaze with him before face planting again, "I don't think you killed them, you're not orange, nor do I think you have to dignity to kill them," she sighed, waving her hand at him, "nothing, it doesn't matter anymore." 

@Dustin

"You're not orange either." He pointed out. "And Fury's Hand is my baby, she'll protect me if I'm attacked, It's why I don't carry a shield." He says hugging the sword. He stands up and sheathes the sword. He walks back to the spot to dig, "Who's hiding these materials, cause they're doodoo heads." He says, kicking a tree. He walks back and sits down. "I didn't kill them, but I will. It was the people who killed my brother." He said. He shook his head, "But enough of my past." He looks at the sky and sighs. "This world is stupid. The days always suck." He says picking a flower. "I used to go hunting with my dad's side of the family, so I know the woods, but I hate these woods." I did love hunting with them. He stabs the flower. "Trees are dumb, outside is dumb. People are dumb." He says, laying down and rolling over, using his coat like a blanket. "You are pretty strong. Ni-night..." He murmurs.

ID- 103150

LD- 6 (fail)

@Asakku

Edited by Dustin

“I said, yet,” she exclaimed, “not yet. Yet,” she worded it very carefully, squinting at him. “People say I should have a shield cause it’s dangerous, but where’s the fun in that,” she shrugged. She sighed, turning around again. “I’m bored,” she groaned, covering her face with her arms. “I could kill them for you, I should be a hired mercenary,” she chuckled, thinking of ways that could happen. 

“I don’t find it that bad, honestly beats real life. But the downside is that we’re stuck with idiotic emo teens who don’t know how to cope with their emotions,” she babbled, sparing him the ‘look’, “like you.” She let out a lacy breath, “hunting, huh? I guess you lived in a rural area. Lucky, the city sucks. Cramped apartments, pollution, poverty, grime.” She listed a few more before stopping, I hated the city. 

Sitting up she shrugged, “you’re dumb,” she teased shaking her head before gaping at him, “Night?! You need to finish your quest. No way in hell am I sleeping next to you!” She grumbled, crossing her arms. “I.. don’t sleep much either, it’s an issue that I have.” She sighed, looking down. “Whatever, just go to sleep, I’ll be awake all night anyways,” she leaned down and folded her arms across her knees. This will be a long night.

@Dustin

"Fine..." He sighs, standing up and digging for materials. "Nothing again." He complained, he walks over to her and pushes her with his foot. "I didn't plan on sleeping out here either, or in the same world as you, but stuff happens." He chuckles. "You need your sleep, I'll keep doing my quest." He explains. He looks at her and drops his cloak for her. He sits by a tree and watches her. Why did it have to be HER? I'm alone in the woods with a girl, but it's HER... He chuckles, "Whatever..." and shakes his head. He rolls a log over to her and cuts it in half. "Use this as a pillow." He suggests. "You know, I'd take you to kill them with me, but it might be boring, I fought them off with a broken sword." He chuckles. "And I agree, shields are dumb."

ID- 103167

LD- 7 (fail)

@Asakku 

Edited by Dustin

“Wha-?” She got interrupted when she fell back with a soft thud. “Push me again, I dare you!” She shouted waving her hands in the air like a crazy person. She nearly choked on air, “what do you mean same world as me?!” She folded her arms, sitting up with a frown, not finding any of this amusing. “Gah, I don’t need sleep, I usually cr- do stuff before I sleep,” she muttered, waving off the thought. Pushing his cloak away with a stick, her frown deepened, “get your clothes away from me. It’s not cold anyways.” 

The player watched as he pushed back a log to be as her ‘makeshift’ pillow. “I’m not sleeping, just forget it..” she trailed off with a small yawn. “I’m not sleepy!” Her mouth immediately snapped shut to prevent anymore games from escaping. Pushing her legs together, she hugged herself quietly, “whatever, stabbing anything will leave me satisfied for a day.” Blinking away her tiredness, she looked up at him. “You can just sleep, I’ll keep watch or whatever. In case some spooky boar comes out or something.”

@Dustin

Edited by Asakku

"I just slept." He says, picking up his cloak. "Besides, boars aren't scary." He says, pushing her to the side laughing. He heads back over to the digging spot and grabs something. "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy." He chuckles at her. He reequips his cloak and walks over and sits next to her. "I should've brought food." He mumbles, grabbing his stomach. "I've always wanted to try Ice cream." He mentions. Ice cream, apparently the best food in the world. He pulls the rock from earlier out and balances it on the tip of his sword, until it falls on his nose. He looks to see if she laughs.

He looks at her and yawns. "You know why I'm always such a lively person?" He asks, "It's because I never let myself be bored. You're the only real person I've talked to for days, but I'm still sane." He continues, "Probably." He mumbles.

ID- 103173

LD- 11 (success)

@Asakku

Edited by Dustin

“I think your sense of time is a little out of whack, we’ve been here for a couple hours already,” she gestured towards the dark sky. “Sure they arent, wait till you try fighting them,” She seethed, “they’re annoying as hell.” She sighed, pushing him slightly away from here, “I have a bubble here.” Watching him whine over food, she rolled her eyes, “Yeah, me too I guess. My diet was very.. controlled back in the real world,” she sighed, rubbing her shoulders. Snorting at his childish behavior, she gave an amused shrug. 

“No, I don’t want to know and I don’t care,” she muttered, he answers anyways. “Never get bored, sounds like fun.”

“Huh, you’re one of the only people I’ve talked to so far,” she mumbled, biting her lip. “You’re more sane than I am at least,” she sighed, flicking him in the head. “Now shut up, I want some quiet around here.”

@Dustin

He laughs and looks at her and smiles. He stands up and digs some more. He walks back and lays down a few feet in front of her. "The stars are beautiful." He mentions. I wonder if she hates everything I say or me more. "It's okay, I hate me too." He chuckles. He sits up and fidgets with a flower he had pulled until he sets it down and stands up. "I'm going for a walk." He starts walking to the edge of the clearing. He looks around and takes a few steps forward. He sighs and continues on. He just keeps walking and walking until he reaches the edge of the forest. I had no idea this is where I was headed. He turns to walk back but realizes he got lost. "Son of a lion taming housewife." He mumbles. He starts wandering aimlessly for a while when he reaches a clearing. This one is different, it has flowers and stumps and rocks everywhere. He sees a little pond in the center. "So that's what this area is." He says, picking up a stick and slamming it into the ground.

A few hours pass and he finally stumbles into a clearing and sees her. He takes a few steps in and falls to the ground, letting out a sigh of relief as he watches the sun come up.

ID- 103181

LD- 3 (fail)

@Asakku

Edited by Dustin

She looks up at the sky after he said his comment and shrugged, "they're okay," she lied. They're pretty. Way prettier than anything I'ver ever seen in real life. But they're so darn artificial. She sighed, shrugging, "don't worry, I hate you more." Watching him go, she gave a small wave, "see ya, you better not leave me here for dead." Once he was finally out of sight, she fell back and rubbed her eyes. "This sucks, I thought we would be out before it gets darks. This is what I get for trying to help a newbie, well.. more of a newbie than me actually." Placing her head on her hands, she gave a small yawn. "I don't want to stay in the forest.." she muttered, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes. "It's all yucky.." She must've been thinking for a long time, because when she finally opened her eyes, the sun was already coming out and Dustin as already coming back. Jumping up, she brushed her legs and arms frantically. She looked down at him and frowned, "any luck?"

@Dustin

He pushes himself off of the ground and walks to dig. "Finally." He says. "It's done." He opens his quest log and notices he has to do more stuff. "What?" He asks, like he heard bad news, "There's more?" He falls to his knees. "But I'm sooooo tired." He whines. He stands up, slouched over and walks towards her. He stumbles to the side and catches himself on a tree. "I guess it's back to town right? What a bummer, I was having the time of my life out here." He chuckles. He slumps down, "I need to sit down for a bit." He says, catching his breath. "I ran for 30 minutes straight. I was scared I would never find my way back." He explains, looking at her.

He walks over and reaches up to give her a high five, holding it too high for her to reach on purpose.

ID- 103182

LD- 19 (success)

@Asakku

Edited by Dustin