[PP|F01] The Legendary encounter (TheLegend27)

Dustin walks around in the town of beginnings and looks around. I need a new person to adventure with. I don’t have many friends and adventuring alone is dumb. He makes his way to the teleport gate and climbs up on top of the structure. The player pans his brown eyes over the crowd and sees a girl. To most people she would only stick out due to her appearance, but he noticed her because she was incredibly short. “Hello!” He shouts from atop the gate. Dropping down and landing awkwardly, his cloak covering his head, the boy runs over to the tiny girl and smiles at her. “You look like you know how to have fun around here.” He says, completely ignoring the fact that he just made a fool of himself. “The name’s Dustin, wanna hang?” He says, pointing to his chest with his thumb, smiling with the confidence of a kid who’d never lost anything.

@TheLegend27

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poni had been hanging around the Town of Beginnings mostly out of worry that something bad could happen, and she really have anyone to go out on adventures or quests with. It was a little lonely, but Poni was used to it at this point. She was mostly just walking around with the rest of the crowd to just give herself some time to just walk and enjoy herself. But then out of the blue a brown haired player walked up to her and greeted her by saying that she looked like she knew how to have a good time. The player then introduced himself as Dustin, asking if she wanted to hang. Looking up at the player, Poni opened her menu and pulled up notes she had taken on common phrases. "Howdy. I'm Poni, and I would be interested in yer hanging. You seem overly confident, does hang refer ro something else?" Poni asked, not really finding much on the word hang in her notes. From what she could tell, this Dustin guy had approached her like all the other people who saw her horns that she had on. Or maybe he was actually interested in talking with her, perhaps even go on a walk or such. It would definitely be a nice change of pace.

@Dustin

Dustin notices her accent and tilts his head. “Do you speak English?” He asks in English. Being half American, Dustin learned English when he was young, one of the many things his father taught him how to do. He had practiced his English everyday and became rather skillful at his pronunciation and fluency. “I guess it helps to be half American.” He says, smiling. “And woah, where did you get those horns? I didn’t even notice them until I started talking to you.” He says, poking the horn and chuckling. “I must’ve been right about you, my instincts on who’s fun and who isn’t are on point.” He mentions. He pulls his hood down and laughs. “Wanna go see if there is ice cream around here?” He asks. Dustin doesn’t do the whole having fun outside of combat thing, ice cream is the only thing he likes other than sword play.

@TheLegend27

Poni nodded her head when Dustin asked if she spoke English, before he added that it helps to be half American. "Yer American? So is I, from West Virginia in fact. Jus', I travel lots so ah dun't rememba too much of any language." Poni responded, her southern accent now becoming more noticeable. Poni didn't say anything about Dustin poking her horns but she was a bit surprised that he hadn't noticed them yet. "Mah horns? I got 'em from drinking some potion this one player gave me. Haven't found the fella since to beat the snot out of him for it. Although I've gotten used to 'em." Poni answered, explaining her horns. Dustin apparently thought she was a fun person as he said his instincts about it were on point. Poni didn't know if it was another cultural thing or not whether he could actually tell who was fun and who wasn't, but she figured it was better not to question it. He asked if she wanted to go see if there was any ice cream around and Poni nodded her head. "Sure pal. I like me some good ol' fashion say-so." Poni answered, a little bit eager to find some ice cream now. She hadn't really looked for any savory treats herself, so this could be a fun break from generic food.

@Dustin

“Then we’d best head out, and by the by, my dad was from around there I think. It was either there, or Ohio.” He says, scratching his chin. It’s really been so long I can’t remember. He begins to walk around, looking for any kind of signs. “Hey, you wouldn’t happen to know where the nearest cafe is, would you?” He asks, scratching the back of his head. He chuckles and leans in to whisper, “I’m gonna let you in on a little secret, I have no idea where the ice cream is or what it tastes like. I’ve never had ice cream.” He stands back up, turns and starts to walk off in a random direction. His head sways as he starts to hum his favorite song. His legs move with the best of the song and he starts to dance, never missing a beat.

The players brown eyes settle on a sign in front of him. More like a sign he’d walked directly into while doing his little dance. His face lights up with elation as he jumps up and grabs Poni’s shoulders. “We did it! Do you know what this means? I can try ice cream!” He hugs the significantly shorter player and runs into the cafe. “I finally get to try it. What should I get?” The boy asks.

@TheLegend27

Poni was glad to find someone who she could at least somewhat understand the terms they used, since he was from Ohio. She had visited there for a month, so Poni knew a little bit of the terminology. Then Dustin told her that he had never tried ice cream before, which surprised Poni a bit. It was a common treat, so Poni had thought that pretty much everyone had tried ice cream. Poni didn't know where any cafes were, so she shoom her head when Dustin asked if she knew. After a bit of walking and Poni watching Dustin's little dance in amusement, they arrived at a basic cafe, one that for sure would have ice cream. Dustin got excited about it and hugged Poni, who wasn't nearly as excited as him. "Well if yer gonna try ice cream, I reckon you oughta try vanilla first. It's my favorite and it's good for anyone to try as their first flavor." Poni answered, opening the door for Dustin and smiling at him. She liked his enthusiasm about the whole thing, so he would be fun to hang around for a while. Maybe at somepoint they would be close friends, Poni had always wanted to try and get close to people in this game.

@Dustin

Dustin runs in, making his way to an open table and sits down. “Miss, we’re ready.” He says, getting the waitress’s attention. He can’t the anticipation. This is the moment he had waited two years for. His hands start to pat the table as the waitress walks over to the pair and Dustin starts nodding. “This is it. I’m so ready for this.” He smiles as he orders the ice cream.

the waitress looks at him and says, “I’m sorry sir, we’re out of ice cream today.” Her words cut Dustin like daggers. He sits there, motionless, staring at the waitress with absolutely zero expression. His head slowly looks over to Poni, his eyes reading “what do I do?” After a bit of awkward staring at Poni, Dustin mutters a few words. “Get whatever you want Poni, my treat.” His eyes move to the table. “All I wanted was ice cream.” His head drops and slams into the table.

@TheLegend27

Poni was glad to see Dustin get so excited over something so simple as ice cream in a game like this. It brought her a little bit of hope that there were plenty of people like Dustin who found joy in the simplest things. Although when the waitress showed up and Dustin asked for ice cream, before being immediately told that they were out for today, Poni now felt bad as she watched the excitement disappear from Dustin's face before he slammed it into the table. "Ummm, I'll have vanilla frozen yogurt for each of us." Poni placed her order and then the waitress walked away. Looking at Dustin, she poked him with her horn before giving him a smile. "Cheer up fella, I ordered you and me some frozen yogurt. It's perty much the same thang. You'll like it fer sure." Poni said in a slightly encouraging voice. She didn't want to see Dustin sad like this, so she would do what she could to bring the excitement back.

@Dustin

"Frozen... yogurt?" He asks. Though he had visited his dad's family in america a few times, they always talked about ice cream. "I'll try it. But it better be just as good as ice cream, or you're paying next time." He crosses his arms and makes a pouty face. He tried to hide his smile for as long as he could, but couldn't manage more than a minute or so. I can't make her pay, even if it's not as good, I'll pay next time. His smile, back in its original state, grew twice as big when he saw the frozen yogurt coming out. He excitedly turns to the girl sitting across from him, "It looks better than ice cream." He grins maniacally at the treat in front of him. This looks so good. Man, how did she know about this stuff? She's so frickin cool. "Hey, you're pretty cool, ya know that?" He says, in a less chipper tone than before. Not depressing, just a tad bit more serious.

A smile crosses his face and he gives her a thumbs up. "We're gonna be grade A friends, you got that?" He says. He leans in and boops her nose, "You better not forget that, okay?" His body moves back and he laughs. It'll be nice to have a new friend. And who knows, maybe she'll help me clear the game. He pulls out a rock and stares at it, like it had been connected to someone he'd lost.

@TheLegend27

Poni giggled a little bit when Dustin said that it better be good or she would be paying next time. She already knew he wouldn't do that, he seemed like too nice of a guy to do that. Once the frozen yogurt arrived, Poni started to eat, looking over with a smile at Dustin's new excitement. He told her she was pretty cool and Poni chuckled, rubbing the back of her head. "Aw shucks, you're a pretty cool fella yerself. I just like frozen yogurt more ya see." Poni responded, before eating another scoop of the frozen yogurt. After a little while Dustin gave her a thumbs up and said that they would be grade A friends, which prompted Poni to open her menu and check her notes again, before being interupted by a boop on the nose. "Don't worry, I won't forget. We'll be great friends. I understand ya partner." Poni answered, before leaning forward and booping his nose back. It did not take very long for Poni to finish her frozen yogurt, so she got up and threw the cup it was in away before heading back to the table. "So, anything else ya wanted to do today? I ain't got much of a schedule, so I can 'hang' as much as you want." Poni asked, now actually enjoying herself with Dustin. Maybe this actually was the type of person she needed to meet in this game.

@Dustin

Dustin scoops another spoonful into his mouth when she asks him a question. "I don knuh." He says, with his mouth full. Dustin never learned proper manners, his family never made that a priority. He was taught to be nice and help others. He swallows the unusually large spoonful and continues. "Usually by now I'm in the fields hunting boars. But..." He begins to rub his chin for a minute. Dustin had just been out in the fields before he met Poni, so he didn't feel like killing more boars. "How would you like to see this gorgeous spot I found?" He asks. Only two other people have ever seen it before. "If I take you there, you have to promise you won't tell anyone about it." He says, looking her up and down. "And you can't be wearing that. There's gonna be water." He says, removing his armor so he's just in a blue sweatshirt and tan pants. The boy smiles, "I'm not gonna show you anything yet." He says, grabbing her wrist and running off. "This place is so cool if you're the nature type like me." He says, running through the town. When he holds her wrist, their difference in height becomes way more apparent. He stops abruptly, "You're a small person. That's awesome." He says, patting her on the horns.

@TheLegend27

Poni noticed Dustin's lack of manners and giggled a little bit. She didn't really learn too much manners herself, so she couldn't really say much about it. But he then caught Poni's interest with the offer to see a gorgeous spot that he found. Before Poni could even answer Dustin had already grabbed her wrist and ran off. As they ran, Poni took off her armor, changing into a green tank top and shorts. "I'm a nature person too, so maybe I would like this place as well." Poni said in response, trying to keep up with Dustin's running. When he finally stopped, Poni blushed in embarassment when he pointed out that she was a small person. "Yeah, I know. It bothers me a little that we don't age in this game. So I still look like I'm 14. These horns of mine sorta make up for my lack of height." Poni explained, crossing her arms and looking up at Dustin. It was still a little weird to have to look up at him, so Poni took a few steps back to make it not as obvious.

@Dustin

"This place, it's beautiful." He says, picking her up. "It'll be faster this way." He says, running out into the fields. He covers great distances in a short time, but this was different. He didn't want to rush this, He wanted to take as much time as possible. He slows down to a walk. "I don't want to get there too early. It's boring if we're there for hours." He says, looking up at the time. We have two hours 'til sun down. He sets her down, "Let's take a break, My legs are tired." He says, rubbing his leg. "I lied, I just didn't want to have to walk slowly. We'll head there again soon. It's not that far." He says, smiling at the girl next to him. He lays back and looks at the sky. "You know, I don't have that many friends, I'm glad you came along." He grins. "That's why I invited you to my own secret area." He says, laughing and rolling on his side, closing his eyes. He lays there and eventually begins to snore.

@TheLegend27

Poni continued following Dustin until he actually picked her up. She wasn't tired or anything, but it was nice to not have to walk. Althought after a little bit Dustin said he was tired and laid down on the fields, to which Poni sat down next to him as she looked at the sky with him. He explained how he didn't have many friends, so he was glad Poni came along. "Shucks, I ain't anythang special, I'm jus' glad to brighten yer day up a bit. I don't got much friends myself. Ever since I got my horns, no one really talks to me. But I don't mind it much. I travel a lot, so friends I do get jus' come and go. Do ya get what I mean there? If anything, I'm glad I could come along with ya." Poni said, before laying down next to Dustin, closing her eyes as well. With how they were laying and taking Poni's horns into account, they were the exact same height. Poni started snoring as well, putting her hands behind her head.

@Dustin

Edited by TheLegend27

Dustin jolts up a few minutes later and smiles as his friend lays there and sleep. "Hey sleepyhead." He says, flicking her lightly in the forehead. "I guess I'll just let her sleep." He says, picking her up again. His eyes quickly shift up to the corner and he notices he only has a half hour until the sun sets. "Sh*t, I'd better go." He says, rushing forward. No way am I missing this opportunity. He runs through the field and reaches the forest. He has fifteen minutes left. I can make it. He steps forward, immediately rushing through the trees.

He has 3 minutes left and the sky has already turned a touch orange, so he throws her in the pond in the center of the clearing. "Hey, wake up, it's almost night time." He says, kneeling down and extending his arm to help her out of the water. "Would you like some help ma'am? I'd be glad to assist you." He smiles, his hand almost reaching her. He extends his hand just and inch further and boops her nose again, "You can't see the sunset from in there silly." He chuckles, keeping his arm outstretched.

@TheLegend27

Poni hadn't expected Dustin to really do anything with her in her sleep, but she had thought wrong as Dustin had carried her to the pond before throwing her in. Poni woke up as soon as she went into the water, a little bit irritated that he had done that. Grabbing his hand and getting out of the water, Poni tried to shake herself dry, which didn't really work. "Hey partner, why'd ya throw me in there? Guess I can't doze off near you." Poni joked as she booped Dustin back on the nose. She still wasn't too happy with him for throwing her in the pond, but she didn't really want to ruin things, so she said nothing about it. Dustin had said that she couldn't see the sunset from in the pond, which made Poni look around  "How far did you take me? Is this your secret area? It's kinda nice here." Poni asked, still not quite sure where Dustin had carried her to.

@Dustin

"This is my humble abode." He says, moving his hand from left to right. The flowers in full bloom, the sun shining orange through the trees. "Sorry about throwing you into the pond, It was the quickest way I could wake you up." He smiles. He rubs the back of his head, and laughs. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude. I swear, I'll make it up to you." He points to the horizon. The sun was now a reddish color. This was the only time he had ever let someone see the sunset from his spot. Dustin sleeps in this spot at night, because he doesn't have his own place. "After this, we're gonna sleep for real. You'll sleep up in the tree and I'll keep watch." He says, "This time I won't so much as look at you." He laughs. The player looks at her and back towards the horizon, sitting against a tree. "I hope you don't hate me, I didn't mean anything by it. Besides, I'm letting you sleep in my bed." He points up to the branch she's supposed to sleep on. "Oh shoot, I meant, you're taking where I usually sleep, that sounded so weird." He said, blushing and flustered.

@TheLegend27

Poni didn't expect Dustin to be the type of guy to live out in the woods like this, but she wasn't going to tell him where to live. She liked the idea of it anyway. Dustin was quick to apologize for throwing her into the pond and Poni waved it off. "Dun worry 'bout it partner. It's all good." Poni said, trying to keep Dustin from thinking there would be something bad between them. He said that she would be sleeping on a tree branch and Poni nodded her head, perfectly fine with it. Although the way that Dustin worded it could use some work to sound a lot less awkward. "I'd rather sleep next to ya, but a tree branch works fine too. The sunset looks fine, although I've seen better." Poni said as she put on a hoodie with holes specifically for her horns to stick out of. She sat down on the tree branch, now at eye level with Dustin. "You know, you've been overly nice to me. Is there any reason why?" Poni asked, a little bit confused that someone would be so nice to a stranger.

@Dustin

"When I first started this game, My brother would always follow me around." He says, looking down at his hands. "He was always so nice." He looks at her with nothing but sadness in his eyes. "One day, we were in the woods. A player cut us off and told us to give him all of our stuff." His heart starts to race. Dustin had never told anyone this story before. The man was only looking at the ground at this point. "My brother, being super nice, offered to give the man half of his stuff, if he'd just leave us alone. The player denied him and threatened him." Tears rolling down his face, Dustin looks at her. "I drew my sword, and rushed at him. The player knocked me back." He clenches his fist. "Then the prick's friends showed up. They killed him. Right there, in front of me." He drops his head. "It was my fault. I managed to fight them off after that, but I failed. That's why I'm nice. He was the better person of us, and I aspire to be just like him." He looks at her again. "That's why. That's why I need to be nice." He says.

Dustin thinks about what the girl had said before climbing onto the branch. "What? You would rather sleep where?" He asks. That's unusual. I don't know how I feel about it. I'm not gonna say no if she offers to, but she probably won't. "That's the story of Dustin. I'm a failure, trying to be useful in this world." He says, looking back at the sunset. "Also, I like the sweatshirt." He holds up his fist for a fist bump.

@TheLegend27

Poni listened to Dustin's story about him starting the game with his brother. He was killed, and Poni already felt bad for Dustin. Especially in this game, it was just a cruel way to go. Poni got down from the branch and patted Dustin on the soldier. "I haven't had anything nearly as rough as that, but trust me, you'll be fine. Losing people is something I'm used to. It takes a while, but you can move past it." Poni said reassuringly, looking up at Dustin with a smile. He was nice in honor of his brother, that was something she could respect. Although Dustin seemed to go back to his normal self when he asked where Poni would rather sleep. "Next to ya. I don't like sleeping by myself. So I'd rather sleep next to ya." Poni answered. He then complimented her hoodie and Poni gave him his fist bump. "Thanks. The guy who cursed me with these things was nice enough to give me a hoodie for them as well. These horns are their own story, maybe I'll tell how you I got them sometime." Poni said, tapping the tips with her finger.

@Dustin