[PP-F1] Getting Started

The <>, this was the main settlement on the first floor of Aincrad. Far as most players were aware this was one of the largest cities in Aincrad, atleast the largest one available to players. Miaki Murakami was navigating through the city looking for, well, he couldn't quite remember. His mind was wondering as he walked through one of the streets with vendors on both sides that were run by NPCs. He wore a light brown fedora and matching trench coat which he liked to keep open to allow the breeze to kick up the flaps.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new player spawns in with a blue silhouette, fading to show her avatar. Her username read 'Dauntless'. A short young girl with long scarlet hair that ever so slightly, elegantly flowed with the gentle breeze flowing through The Town of Beginnings. Her eyes were sharp and blue and she was equipped with beginners equipment, the cloth jacket and a Basic Longsword.

Dauntless walks around the town with gentle steps, her face showed great confusion. People everywhere, to her left, right and center, it was rather crowded. Then again, it was the very first town and the most popular area, or so she had read..somewhere.

She tries to ask other users if they could possibly help, but she wasn't having much luck, the most she could get out was a "Hello, could yo-" or a "Hey there, I'm new an-". People just seemed to busy at the moment,

Miaki noticed the scarlet haired girl walking between random players as if she were trying to ask for something. He could tell she was in need of help and remembered when he himself was like that before. Fortunately for him players who were much stronger than he was at the time noticed him in need of help and stepped forward. Now was his chance to return the favor and help someone else.

"Perhaps I can be of assistance." He said tipping his fedora. "I couldn't help but notice that you look like you need help." He removed his fedora revealing strawberry-blonde hair and bowed slightly. "My name is Miaki."

She flinches slightly, turning to face him. A smile lights up her face, "Oh my, finally.." she sighs, her voice drifting off. She gently nods in reply to his bow, she was going to bow too, but chose not to.

"I'm Charl-eh-uh.." she stutters, forgetting this was a game. Her name in here wasn't Charlotte, or Charl, she seemed to have got lost in the sheer reality of the game. "My name is Dauntless~" she chimes to him, offering a handshake. Her hand was small and fragile.

Miaki accepted Dauntless' hand and gave her a warm handshake and smile. "A pleasure to meet you Dauntless. I take it based on your appearance that you are a little late with getting yourself started in this world." He said taking in her attire with a quick up-down glance. "Perhaps I can help you."

Dauntless look at herself up and down, she hadn't even looked at herself yet, placing a pale hand on the handle of her weapon. She lets out a small giggle, "It's that obvious, is it?". Looking up at him, she gives a dainty smile "I would really appreciate some help~ Folks around here...Don't seem very happy, no one seemed to to listen, let alone help", she frowns

"Well maybe a little obvious." Miaki gave a small sigh. "Regarding everyone around us, that seems to be the case with most MMOs. People are are so single-minded and self-centered that they forget that they are not the only ones around." He threw his hands up to the side and shrugged. "Try not to mind them. They soon enough become parts of the background and you just see them as a flow in the traffic of sorts." He waved his right hand in the air as if swatting a fly or the topic at hand. "But enough of that. What should we start with first for you? Exploration? Quests? Combat? Whatever you'd like to learn first."

She watched his arm every time it sway with sharp eyes. "It's so real" she thought, it amazed her.

In reaction to his question, she began twirling a strand of hair between her fingers habitually, also biting her bottom lip, "Hm...Exploration!" she exclaims, a burst of enthusiasm. "I wanna get to grips with moving around..and this place is just so..Real~ I love it! Would like to do some exploring, and that way we can hopefully bump into a few monsters and cover the combat? Two birds with one stone~"

Miaki grinned at her enthusiasm. "I like your excitement! Exploration it is! There is so much to this floor to explore. There are forests with plant type monsters. Plains with boars. A small Bay Area with slightly higher leveled monsters. There is so much this world has to offer. It excites me every time I think about it. Where would you like to go first?"

Miaki promptly nodded. "Forest it is! Next stop the <>!" Miaki with the two forefingers on his right hand opened the in-game menu and made a series of selections. First he marked the village on their map display and sent a party request to Dauntless. The display read:

Miaki has invited you to join his party.

Do you wish to accept?

Underneath were the 'O' and 'X' options for which players could accept or deny requests sent to them.

The semi-transparent display vanished and the name Dauntless appeared in the upper left corner of his vision with an HP bar underneath his own.

"Yep. You got it." Miaki turned and lead them towards the gate leaving the city. "Is it safe to assume this is your first time using NerveGear? It's a surreal experience like nothing I've ever seen."

Dauntless follow next to him, she nods cheerily, "Yep, sure is~...It's, wonderful..I'm starting think I like it better than the real world!" she laughs, to then looking around the town, taking in everything she could. Her eyes shift to the upper left and she notices that 'Miaki' was there, "I guess that's us partying then~" she quietly says to herself,

Miaki stretched his arms over his head for a moment. "You've got that right. This world is truly amazing. Everything here feels so real here. I know that right now I'm laying on my bed but I still am having a hard time believing that this is all in my head." He held his right hand out in front of himself and flexed his fingers. "I don't do anything special to make my fingers move like think about them moving, I just do it. This technology seems to know the difference between thought and action. I can't wait to find out what else this world has to offer us." Miaki said with a bit of excitement still in his voice.

Miaki laughed, "Well the forest is a bit of a walk. Shouldn't be too much longer. Next time we should try using horses to get around. I read somewhere in the information broker's page that you could use them to get around. They're probably a bit pricey but, hey, it's faster and more fun." About 20 to 30 minutes later the forest ahead came into sight.

With a big, toothy smile, Miaki pursued the scarlet hair girl as she rushed towards the forest. "Hey now. wait up!" He gave chase trying to catch up to Dauntless as she moved into the forest. The background music Miaki could hear changed from a melodious song to one consisting of woodwind and stringed instruments. The spruce, maple, and dogwood trees surround him as he looked up at how the light poured in through the branches. 'Is this world for real or could this be a dream?' He heard Dauntless giggling close by. 'If this is a dream, I hope I don't wake up anytime soon.'