[PP-F1] Getting Started

Miaki activated his <> skill hoping to spot any nearby monsters. "Somewhere around here there should be some plant-type monster's called <>. They shouldn't be a problem for the two of us. One is bound to be around here somewhere." Drawing his weapon. Miaki faced Dauntless. "Keep your guard up. It's unlikely any could take us by surprise. But it never hurts to play it safe."

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She grips her weapon, struggling to decide whether to use one, or two hands. She settles with one and gets into a stance that she hopes will work well. She stands with her legs spread shoulder-width apart, her weapon at her front center. Gripping it tightly.

The atmosphere was tense. It excited her. She wasn't just lying in bed, playing a game. She was on an adventure, full of fantasy and wonder, and at any moment, she could fight a monster, at any moment, she could die.

She scans the area with her eyes, looking for the <>, she imagined them to just be plants with faces on them, possibly with roots that flailed and attacked from all corners, she let her mind go wild with ideas.

Miaki scanned around and spotted movement within the trees and brush close by. "I think we have company... Now remember simply focus on the target and the system will lock on for you." A carnivorous plant jumped out from the brush and gave out a small snarling roar. Miaki gripped his blade. "Battle routine. Set. Execute!"

Battle Result: Missed

Miaki rushed forward and swung his blade towards the <>. Using the vines for arms that it had the plant monster moved it's body evade the attack.

Current Party Stutus:

Miaki: 41/41

Dauntless: 9/9

<>: 6/6

(OOC: Okay, here is how combat works. This will be my first attack on the monster. If I roll 6-8 I deal 1 damage. 9-10 is a crit and deals 2 damage. After I see what my roll is I edit the post for whatever the result might have been. Since the way this has been played out thus far its before we learn this is a death game so I'm not using my bonus stuff like my special weapon and familiar. Also, since this is a normal monster and not a boss we don't have to make a post for it's attack. If we want to write about taking damage thats up to us. Let me know of any questions you may have at any time.)

Dauntless grips her weapon tight, taking a hesitated step forward, "So do I just...Attack?" she asks,

Battle Result: 10, Critical Hit

She charges at the carnivorous plant, she feels the movement, and the power surging through her. She slashes and makes contact, slicing the monster straight across it's head, "Hyaagh!", she let's out a cry, it really felt necessary. She jumps back to where she was, re-positioning herself into a battle-ready stance. Taking in a deep breath, "Did I do it?" she asks

Miaki stood there a little dumbfounded. "You did it alright. Punched a hole right threw it." He said sounding a little out of it at the gapping hole in the monster began to seal. The HP bar hovering over it's head was in yellow now after taking the hard hit. Miaki brought himself back to reality and lunged forward towards the <>.

The little nepent sensed Miaki coming and turned around smacking him in the chest with one of it's vines. He took a small amount of damage. "Awww come on that's not fair!"

Current Party Stutus:

Miaki: 40/41

<>: 4/6

She gives out a laugh, "You sure you're as high a level as you say you are~?" she says teasingly, preparing to strike the monster again. She feels her heart beating, although it's not real, it feels very real.

She lunges forward,

She falls straight past the monster, tripping over one of it's vines, "Ack!" she falls to the ground and rolls slightly, "I spoke to soon.." she laughs,

Miaki heard her laugh and he himself laughed reassuringly. "I have my moments where I can't seem to hit anything but I assure I know what I'm doing. He said as he switched out with Dauntless.

Battle Result: Missed...

The <> started evading both of their attacks as it cleverly used it's vine arms to move it's entire body. "This is just one of those moments."

Current Party Stutus:

Miaki: 40/41

"Looks like we're both have bad luck~" she laughs, preparing to strike again, this time raising her sword high, gripping it with both hands,

She swings powerfully, but again, it misses. "Damn!" as she swings passed it, the plant whips her back with one of it's vines, she falls to the ground, "Ack, it hit me!"

Dauntless: 8/9

"Bad luck might be an understatement at the moment. I can't believe I'm missing this much." Rearing his blade behind his head Miaki jumped in the air. "Here goes nothing!" As he moved in he saw Dauntless get hit by one of the vines. "Dauntless are you okay?"

Miaki lost his focus for a moment and felt the vine hit him in the back.

Current Party Stutus:

Miaki: 39/41

Her eyes widen, full of firey spirt! Despite all of their errors, she was not up for backing down and felt even more determined. She grabs her sword, re-positioning it, she places it at her side, "I'm perfectly fine, Miaki, fine!"

Battle Result: Hit! -Finally-

"I will hit it this time, I can feel it!" she rushes at the monster, piercing through it's flurry of vines, "Yes!", another critical hit, which meant more damage dealt to the monster.

Miaki watched the Dauntless' longsword slice through the monster. "I swear. I'd better get a blasted hit on this thing!" He charged up his curved sword and rushed forward. "Raaaaaahhhhhhhh!"

Miaki's sword grazed the <> skinning it but not damaging it.

Current Party Stutus:

<>: 2/6

(OOC: I actually could have hit that thing if I had used a basic sword skill but that is something I'll cover with you later.)

'One hit. Just give me one hit.' Miaki aimed his weapon behind him and dashed forward. "Come ooooooon!"

Miaki began blending curses in English and Japanese. The little nepent swung it's two vine arms at Miaki who focused and parried them from hitting his body.

Current Party Stutus:

<>: 2/6

Miaki sighed heavily with frustration. "I'd like to say no but sometimes this happens. I've heard of a guy who was making a series of hits that were all crits." His blade at the ready Miaki sidestepped and bore his blade down on the carnivorous plant.

Battle Result: HIT!!!!

Miaki's blade made contact! "HA!!! FINALLY!" He nearly spat.

Current Party Stutus:

<>: 1/6

She gives a large cheer, pumping her fist in the air, "Woooooo-hoo!" she grins widely, "We did it~!" cheer Dauntless.

She puts her weapon back onto her back, having to push her hair out of the way first. Walking over to Miaki, still smiling, "I got two critical hits! Can you believe it? And I only got hit once!" she says, boasting slightly. Her voice full of energy and confidence,

Miaki put away his sword with a sigh of relief. Not from fear. But from the fact that the monster was finally slain. "Nice job! You did much better than I did. Just who is training who here?" Miaki inhaled deeply. The air filled his lungs. Was his body in the real world breathing deeply as well? Or was it just in his head? "That was an amazing first fight. You did great!"

"It feels good to be able to fight with your whole body instead of a simple controller or mouse and keyboard doesn't it? The exhilaration of being able to use your whole body with each action. It makes for something better to brag about than making a series of button mashes with the right timing." Miaki leaned against a tree with his arm working to catch his breath again.