{F5-PP} Habits, Old and New <<Arabian Nights: First Night>>

She crossed her arms and grumbled incoherent swears at the universe. “I barely know the guy. The part that I do know about isn’t very good either,” she mumbled, taking a quick glance at Pinball before turning her attention back to Cosi. “I don’t know why he’s orange. He was orange before I met him. God knows how long. I’ve met him on two occasions, neither of them were very pleasant. First time I met him, he bloody stunned me while we were fighting some giant bats. And the second time I saw him, he bloody cut my friends bloody hand off!” The girl rubbed her temples and sighed in aggravation. “So you can tell why I was so aggressive towards him at first, those two situations are enough to make me dislike him,” Kirbs huffed, staring daggers into the back of Pinball’s head. “So how do you know Pinball? Did you know him before went orange..? You don’t sound like a bad guy so I’m just wondering why you actually know this jerk.”

@Pinball @Cosi

Pinball's fingers brushed against the slick, cold cave wall as he walked, Dustin's sword shining bright and golden as they got deeper and deeper into the cave. 
He was surprised at first. He hadn't expected there to be a cave on the Fifth Floor - there were barely any mountains that he knew about, but then again, this was one of his least favorite areas in the game. Still, this "cave" was reminiscent of little bandit alcoves in other RPGs. It was dug into the ground, and you traveled lower and lower into its depths, and not straight ahead into a tunnel-like space like Pinball had expected. There... weren't a lot of mountains where he came from. 
But it reminded him of something out of Skyrim. 
These thoughts were really just him trying to keep himself from turning around and tell the two excitedly whispering players to shut the hell up. Caves echo, dude. 
Too late! Pinball spotted two humanoid figures across the way that could only be the Thieves he had been warned about. 
Without wasting a moment, Pinball activated Charge, rocketing forward and impacting the thieves with deadly intent. He must have taken them by surprise, because as his blade cut into the group of four, each of them were stunned, unable to retaliate. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Vertical Square] [-12 EN] / Charge! +5 DMG and Bull Rush
Thief 1: ID#110754 BD: 5+3= 8 (Hit!) ~ 15+5= 20*4= 80-25= 55 DMG + Stun 
Thief 2: ID#110755 BD: 6 (Hit!) ~ 15+5= 20*4= 80-25= 55 DMG + Stun 
Thief 3: ID#110756 BD: 4+3= 7 (Hit!) ~ 15+5= 20*4= 55 DMG + Stun 
Thief 4: ID#110757 BD: 7 (Hit!) ~ 15+5= 20*4= 55 DMG + Stun 

Thieves Attack: ID#  {Stunned}

[H:1/1/1/1] Pinball: 920/920 HP | 80/92 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA
[H:0/0/0/0] @Cosi
[H:0/0/0/0] Kirbs: 

Thief 1: 80/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 
Thief 2: 80/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned}
Thief 3: 80/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 
Thief 4: 80/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 

Edited by Pinball
  • 3 months later...

Kirbs stared at the back of Pinball's head, hoping that her stare would somehow burn holes through his skull. She sighed in disappointment before turning her head to examine the cave. It was eerily quiet and the only thing that she could hear was the echo of their footsteps and the occasional drip of water. The smell wasn't much better either. It smelled like dirt and wet socks. Kirbs shuddered and shoved her hands into her pockets. She didn't even know why she was following after this arse. He chopped Dustin's arm off and he stunned her, why the hell was she still following this jerk? Hell, she should just leave right now. 

Just as she was about to speak up, a gust of wind washed over her. Wait, wind?  Kirbs looked up and saw Pinball rocketing off. Kirbs groaned and look at the cave exit, and then back to Pinball. "Ah, [@#!$]. I'm going to regret this," she muttered unsheathing her daggerI'm going to haunt this bastard if I die because of this, she thought darkly as she quickly activated one of her sword arts. Running forward, she made a quick slash at one of the bandit's chest. She giggled nervously as she watched his HP barely drop. 

ID: 113712

BD: 5+3=8 

Kirbs uses <<Round Accel>> on Bandit #1

3x2=6 DMG

6-25=1 DMG

135-1=134 HP

[H:1/1/1/1] Pinball: 920/920 HP | 80/92 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA
[H:0/0/0/0] @Cosi: N/A
[H:1/0/0/0] Kirbs: 140/140 HP | 13/14 EN | 3 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 Paralyze

Thief 1: 80/134 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 
Thief 2: 80/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned}
Thief 3: 80/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 
Thief 4: 80/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 

@Pinball

Edited by Kirbs
  • 3 months later...

((let's finish this too pls)) 

Kirbs was fighting with him? That's a surprise. Pinball was a bit put off by it, actually - to the point where he almost lost focus, and didn't realize that the Thieves had shaken off their stun and were making their way towards him. 

The group of mobs - because after all was said and done, they were still mobs, albeit fashioned after humans - attacked and moved as one cohesive unit. They fought at once and together, and they flinched and reacted to attacks together. It was a weird sight. 

But still not weirder than Kirbs actually having the guts to attack them. She shouldn't have, though. Now he had to take the hate off of her. He grit his teeth. Why was she always causing him trouble? Why was she following him? Couldn't she just leave him alone? He could handle these things by himself. She was only putting herself in danger. 

Sword and knife clashed in the darkness of the cave. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Vertical Square] [-12 EN/+1 EN] 
Thief 1: ID#118438 BD: 10 (Crit+2) ~  15+2= 17*4= 68-25= 43 DMG 
Thief 2: ID#118439 BD: 10 (Crit+2) ~ 15+2= 17*4= 68-25= 43 DMG 
Thief 3: ID#118440 BD: 2+4= 6 (Hit!) ~ 15*4= 60-25= 35 DMG 
Thief 4: ID#118441 BD: 2+4= 6 (Hit!) ~ 15*4= 60-25= 35 DMG 

Thieves' Attack: ID#118442 BD: 6-3= 3 (Miss!) 

[H:3/3/2/2] Pinball: 920/920 HP | 80/92 EN | 15 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA
[H:1/0/0/0] Kirbs: 140/140 HP | 13/14 EN | 3 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 Paralyze

Thief 1: 36/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 
Thief 2: 37/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned}
Thief 3: 45/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 
Thief 4: 45/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 

Edited by Pinball

Kirbs squeaked as she watched Pinball user another AOE attack, effectively dropping another good chunk off of the bandits' health. Did she regret coming here? Yes. Also, why the hell was she alone with this guy? Cosi just up and left her with a bloody murderer! She silently sobbed inside at that thought. Why was she so incredibly dumb? She literally followed a player killer- a murderer- into a dark cave filled with bandits that can probably one-shot her. Not to mention that she only does one damage to it. Like, how the hell was supposed to react in this situation?

She cautiously approached one of the bandits, holding her dagger close to her body. Without much of a second thought, she gave a solid and single slash and bolted before anything could happen. She certainly was not going to die to some bandit, especially in a gross cave like this.

ID: 118444

BD: 7, Success

Round Accel- 2x3=6 DMG

6-25=1 DMG

[H:3/3/2/2] Pinball: 920/920 HP | 80/92 EN | 15 DMG | 4 ACC | 3 EVA
[H:2/0/0/0] Kirbs: 140/140 HP | 13/14 EN | 3 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 Paralyze

Thief 1: 35/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 
Thief 2: 37/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned}
Thief 3: 45/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 
Thief 4: 45/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT {Stunned} 

• 3 weeks later...

It was strange, their fighting style. Pinball had never encountered mobs that fought in packs like this before; not even wolves did, from his experience. They moved as one, their movements blending in with each others' identically. Pinball wasn't experienced fighting mobs lke this, but he knew how to move - and that's what he did here. Dodging them was easier since it was such a predictable way of fighting; they were telegraphing their own attacks without fail. Pinball, in return, unleashed another quick four slashes of his sword, and watched one of the Thieves burst into a not-so-colorful cloud of blue pixels. And then there were three, all on their last legs. Pinball spared a quick glance at Kirbs. Hopefully she wasn't having too much trouble keeping up, since in these quick exchanges he didn't really have time to look after her. It pissed him off that she was even here. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Vertical Square] [-10 EN/+1 EN] 
Thief 1: ID#119985 BD: 8+3= 11 (Hit!) ~ 15*4= 60-25= 35 DMG 
Thief 2: ID#119986 BD: 1+3= 4(Miss!) 
Thief 3: ID#119987 BD: 10 (Crit+2) ~ 15+2= 17*4= 68-25= 43 DMG 
Thief 4: ID#119988 BD: 7+3= 10 (Hit!) ~ 15*4= 60-25= 35 DMG 

Thieves' Attack: ID#119989 MD: 4-3+1= 2 (Miss!) 

[H:3/4/3] Pinball: 920/920 HP | 71/92 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA
[H:0/0/0] Kirbs: 140/140 HP | 13/14 EN | 3 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 Paralyze

Thief 1: 0/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT 
Thief 2: 37/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT 
Thief 3: 2/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT 
Thief 4: 10/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT 

This was officially the scariest things she has ever done. Usually, she had some type of control over the situation, but in this? She had zero! None! Her life was literally in the hands of this guy! She glared briefly at Pinball before returning her gaze back to the bandits. God, she was so bloody weak, it hurt. It hurt he in the damn gut. It was a bit sad how hard she was getting carried by Pinball, too. 

She darted forward with her dagger--- which really seemed much more like a butter knife at this point since she was literally doing jack to their health. Aiming for the thief with the lowest health, she unleashed her itty bitty fury on it. Sparks flew from Shatterglass as the thief fell into a paralyzed state. Honestly, she didn't want to stay around to see how long it would be like that, so she just kind of dipped and hid behind Pinball. "At least I did something?" The redhead laughed nervously.

Spoiler

ID: 120043

BD: 10, +2 DMG

3+2= 5x2= 10

10-25= 1 DMG

[H:3/4/3] Pinball: 920/920 HP | 71/92 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA
[H:0/2/0] Kirbs: 140/140 HP | 12/14 EN | 3 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 Paralyze

Thief 1: 0/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT 
Thief 2: 37/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT 
Thief 3: 1/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT [PARALYZED]
Thief 4: 10/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT 

Pinball shrugged. He didn't really care whether the dagger girl did much or not in the end - he was doing all of the work anyway. He brought his sword back up into the air in preperation for the next quick exchange of attacks. The thieves' organization was practically in shambles now. They barely had any health left, they were littered with huge red gashes in their meshes, and one of the four was already dead. Soon, the number of dead would increase. Lashing out with another volley of energy, Pinball brought his sword across the air in three quick slashes, cutting through thief after thief. At this point, the only thing really on his mind was getting out of this boring ass cave; this quest was getting on his nerves, and if he wasn't out of here soon he might just cheese the redhead. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Vertical Square] [-10 EN/+1 EN] 
Thief 2: ID#120578 BD: 9 (Crit+1) ~ 15+1= 16*4= 64-25= 39 DMG 
Thief 3: ID#120579 BD: 9 (Crit+1) ~ 15+1= 16*4= 64-25= 39 DMG 
Thief 4: ID#120580 BD: 10 (Crit+2) ~ 15+2= 17*4= 68-25= 43 DMG 

[H:3/4/3] Pinball: 920/920 HP | 62/92 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA
[H:0/2/0] Kirbs: 140/140 HP | 12/14 EN | 3 DMG | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 1 Paralyze

Thief 2: 0/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT 
Thief 3: 0/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT 
Thief 4: 0/135 HP | 1 ACC | 1 Savvy | 25 MIT 

Kirbs inaudibly gulped as she watched the guy completely obliterate the remaining bandits. What bloody fun. It could be worse. It could be definitely worse. She could be dead for God's sake! 

"I'll," she paused, pointing to their now torn up camp. "... I'll go and find that guy we were supposed to find, or something," She said, muttering the last few parts to herself. She giggled nervously one last time before scurrying off to find Cassin. 

Well, that didn't take long at all. He was just kind of watching the whole time. Not creepy at all... yep. She sighed and walked over to him. "We're here to save you, blah, blah, come with us."

"Oh, thank you for sav-"

She covered his mouth and squinted at him. "Shush, child." To which he did. Thank God for NPC's being cooperative in this game. She walked over to Pinball and poked his chest with a glare. "Don't you dare leave me this time, jerk."

Pinball let Kirbs go on ahead and find the guy they were supposed to be here to save or whatever. He wasn't too interested about that at the moment. What he was concerned about was the horrible lack of damage he was dealing to these Thieves. Sure, fighting with his spear was unnerving, but sometimes it was just... unavoidable. 

The cold weapon materialized in his hand with a flash of blue light, momentarily lighting up the cave as well as being the harbinger to a sudden drop of temperature. 

Kirbs soon returned with the man she'd quickly and unashamedly shocked into silence. Pinball regarded the two with nothing but his ever-present scowl and nodded his head towards the way they had come. "Let's just go," he said. 

As they walked, the dude looked between the two, unsure how he was going to work his scripted dialogue into the silence. Instead, he said rather meekly, "So, uh, you two know each other?" 

Woah would you look at that! Apparently, two of the bandits had survived! Oh boy, oh gee, what was Pinball to do with these two reckless thugs who'd narrowly escaped the wrath of his sword? Kill them. That's what he would do. 

Bye bye. 

Action Taken: Sword Art - [Vertical Square] 
Thug 3: ID#122664 BD: 10 (Crit+2) ~ 15+2= 17*4= 43 DMG 
Thug 4: ID#122665 BD: 3+3=  6 (Hit!) ~ 15*4= 60-25= 35 DMG 

Pinball: 920/920 HP | 80/92 EN | 15 DMG | 3 ACC | 3 EVA

Thugs had 10 hp each theyre dead now lock my thread pls 

"I thought I told you to shush!" She exclaimed, frowning deeply at the NPC. Never had she been s disappointed in a program. Well, tut tut. She can't really do much about that now, can she?

"To answer your question, my good sir," she piped, holding up a finger up in his face. "Yes! Yes we do know each other," she turned her face away from the two briefly before muttering, "unfortunately." 

She turned to Pinball with a coy smile on her face, "me and this idiot go way back," she drawled, winking at him. Slinging her arm over the NPC, she glanced at Pinball before turning her face back to Cassin and held up her hand as she whispered to him. "He's kind of a jerk, too. So if he scares you just a tiny wee bit, just tell me and then I'll sucker punch him for you, okay?" She finished, giving him an innocent grin.

• 2 weeks later...

Pinball snorted but otherwise didn't say anything. He was done here. She'd survived, they'd finished the quest, and nobody got arrested. So he let the two of them talk - Kirbs probably enjoyed having an NPC that wouldn't get angry at her for talking to much. 

Across and through the sandy dunes of the 5th Floor they went, and soon they would arrive at the outskirts of the town Pinball had just recently been chased out of. "You go on ahead and finish up the quest," he told Kirbs grumpily, "I'll stay back. I still get the rewards, so thanks for that." He started to shuffle away, dragging his boots in the sand a little bit. Was that a smile on the angry kid's face-? Did he think it was funny? 

And with such a rude goodbye he turned his back on the two, offering not so much as a wave as he went. 

Kirbs gave him a side glance and shrugged her shoulders. "Alright... see you later? Or not, maybe that one is for the best," she murmured as she gave him a small wave and continued back to town with the NPC.

It was actually quite loud when they entered the tavern. "Ah, well, go have fun," she said sheepishly, pushing the NPC towards his brother. 

She kind of blanked out after a few seconds but she couldn't help but unconsciously smile when she saw them reunite. So happy. She wished her brothers were here... but that would be selfish on her part. 

"Thank you!" She snapped back to reality when she saw Ali in front of her. 

"O-h. It's not a problem, really-" She cut herself off when he handed her a hefty stack of Col. "Oh damn," she mumbled, hesitantly taking it. "Thanks?" She said, asking it more like a question, but the two brothers were already leaving the tavern before she could really say anything else. 

SUMMARY:

Kirbs:

15,200 Col

3 SP

Pinball

15,200 Col

3 SP