[PP-F2] A Forest Encounter? (Ryu & Haine) (COMPLETED)

Haine sighed after successfully killing another meddling field monster. She had fought creatures of many types, just not too high leveled in her perspective. "Another kill! Lookie Yue," she grinned as she waved a packed slice of boar meat. Yue rolled her eyes.

"Try harder.. you wont get anywhere at this rate.." the white wolf retorted before following her owner into the forest-like part of the floor. The bluenette kept her sword in her grip at all times, curiously sprinting deeper into a certain area she knew she never knew.

"Nothing new... trees again. My map cant spot foes around either!" she pouted, but not so loud that the whole area would hear.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She watched as Yue sniffed the mulch, tracking her way down the forest floor. "Lead the way Yue! I wonder where we'll go.." she would say as she followed the wolf, while looking around cautiously.

But then the familiar came to a halt in her tracks. "Someone's following us.. watch out," she would seriously say as she sniffed the ground, eventually coming to a place where the scent got stronger.

I halted but wasnt fast enough to stop myself from walking into her line of sight. The only thing i showed off was my cloak. I was a hooded figure dressed in black in the middle of the forest. Dante stepped out from between my legs and looked towards the other wolf across the forest floor.

I stood there saying nothing because i had no way of explaining anything about me following her for so long. Dante sat in the leaves and tilted his head in curiosity at the female wolf across from him

Yue would stare deep into Dante's soul cautiously, "inspecting his behavior and looks" to see if he was safe for her master to be around. In the meanwhile Haine stared at Ryu dumbfounded in expression.

"You were following me?" she would awkwardly stutter, before thinking to herself. "Was it because I might have something valuable in my inventories? Or maybe he wanted a duel.." she would mentally think to herself as she pondered over what other suggestions she could think of.

Yue finally decided to speak to the male wolf now. "The names Yue. Yours?" she would ask suspiciously.

Dante...given to me by my lovely master here he spoke almost childishly

I continued to stand there. Then i slowly took a few steps towards her and in a flash i was behind her. She didnt even have time to blink before my sword was out and inside the belly of a lizard warrior.

You should always watch your back in unsafe areas i said without emotion. The monster exploded into crystal shards and i slid Ragnarok back into my holster, never turning around to her and never looking anywhere but straight forward.

She looked over at him and spoke. "I know.. I usually turn around in time to strike.. but I guess my instincts aren't that great today," she would say, trying to sound a bit stronger and use her words as an excuse for not being more aware of her surroundings.

Yue looked over at Ryu and commented. "There should be more people like you in SAO.." the wolf would mutter.

(Slightly stuck sorry about that T^T )

I only nodded at her lame excuse then walked back over to Dante's side and stood there firmly not speaking. There was nothing more i could do, i was curious but also hadnt meant to reveal himself so soon.

Dante...how close to the next town...? i asked him

He looked around a moment sniffing the air.

about.....200 meters southwest of here master he responded

I looked to the cute young bluenette curiously (even though she cant see my face to know this)

Would you care to join me in tonight's rest...my friends inn just opened up and i know exactly where it is.....that is...if you want to i offered to her

I lead her to a small village just outside f the larger town nearby. At the inn i met with Dmitri my informant...well ex-informant...as a guild thing...hes still really good about event quests. Anyway, i met with him and he handed me a key for the room. On the second floor, Room 292 (the secret room) there were two beds and a nicely laid out floor.

Pick out which bed you want...ill take the other one i said gesturing with an open hand to the beds.

This room is free for me to use in case something happens...no one can get in without the key

I looked at her as she decided to ramble on about nonsense and i found it quite comical. I was still waiting for her to decide but i listened to her taking a seat in the windowsill across the room. I sat there and listened...she was interesting...more interesting than any other girl ive been around...and i...well...im boring...so...idk

I told you to pick whichever i said as i stared out the window. I couldnt believe i wasnt dead yet...but now i have to protect someone else...does my life get any easier, or am i just stuck with fate being a...well you know. I watched out the window but saw her reflection in the mirror.

I sighed. I suppose i owe you an introduction dont i? i asked unsure of what to say.

I pulled down my hood revealing my deep black hair in its emo style, it folding over my right eye but not before she'd catch a glimpse of it being a bright red but my left eyes a cool purple.

My Name is Ryu...the Black Shroud....i kill people deemed evil by typical laws in this game...and thats how i make a living... i said calm and without emotion

She closely observed his words and nodded. "As long as you don't kill for fun I'm alright," she smiled before looking at his features closely. But then she realized she had to introduce herself next.

"My names Haine! I'm just another player.. people call me weak but I don't think I am though.." she trailed of with a sigh before shrugging. "Nice to meet you.. Ryu-san?" she questioned, using a polite honorific in case as she held out her hand for him to shake.

In private i am just Ryu...if anything Ryu-sama...in public, refrain from using my name...i cant have people finding out i requested calmly, then went back to looking out the window. She seemed to only want to get close to me...where i seem to only try and distance myself. There was something different about her but i couldnt tell what just yet.