The Town of Beginnings, a place Kityuisa was almost always at. I really need a change of scenery... Kityuisa was currently located in the town square, with the bustling NPCs all around her. Lot's of players were located here, trading their goods and such. Kityuisa was just casually sitting on a bench, staring at her hands. Her butterfly kimono fluttering lightly in the soft breeze. The weather today in Aincrad was beautiful, it would be a nice day to go on a hunt.. At least, that's how Kityuisa felt. She couldn't help but wish she could find someone to accompany her. Looking around she tried to see if there was anyone nearby that seemed to be looking for something to do. Kityuisa let out a soft sigh, finding no one, she put her feet up, now sitting across the entire bench. Staring into the cloudless sky, Kityuisa got lost in her own thoughts. If someone were to come up on her she would only notice if they spoke to her in a loud voice or reached out to touch her. The sky was crystal blue, and the sun was bright in the false sky. This whole game is false.. Just a bunch of 1's and 0's if you think about it.. It had been about a month since her visit to the secret garden. She wanted to go out and do something!

@Kirbs

"Geez, could you get any more dramatic?" Bahr mused, staring down at the woman as she lay across the bench. She had appeared to be lost in thought, her eyebrows furrowed and expression scrunched into something more stressed and uncomfortable than usual. He held out his palm for her, an offer to help her up. "C'mon, Kit. Let's go do something."

Once they were both standing, Bahr shot Kit a party invite. "I was just going to do some hunting today. Need some more materials for my tailor shop. Want to come along?" He had a cheesy grin spreading from ear to ear. Something had him in a good mood. But what? He didn't even know. Heck, I don't even know, I'm just the narrator. 

Without waiting for a response, or even for Kitsyuisa to respond to the party invite, Bahr continued to saunter along toward the edge of town, whistling a cheerful tune. 

Spoiler
  • LEVEL: 3
  • HP: 30 / ENERGY: 2
  • EVA: 0 / MIT: 0 / ACC: 0 / DMG: 5
  • LD BONUS: 2
  •  
  • SKILLS
  • NON-COMBAT
    »

PASSIVE
    »

COMBAT
    »

WEAPON SKILLS
    » TWO-HANDED WEAPONS
          +3 DMG

INVENTORY

WEAPONS
» [EQUIPPED] "MINOR OCULUS" - TWO-HANDED STRAIGHT SWORD (RARE)
     ➥ +1 DMG
     ➥
 BLEED

ARMOR
» [EQUIPPED] VANITY CRIMSON OVERCOAT

» [EQUIPPED] PANTALOOTS 
      +2 LD BONUS

TOOLS
» 

BATTLE READY ITEMS
» STARTER HEALING POTIONS (3)
     ➥
 HEALS 50 HP

Kirbs rubbed the back of neck. Damn, was it stiff... and she wondered why. The redhead glared at the scarf life familiar that was laced on her shoulders. must the world be oh-so-cruel to her? She sniffed dramatically and sobbed internally. She could've gotten a nice little bunny with wings or something, but no! She got... Scarfy. She didn't even know what a Ngruruvilu was until she met him! 

Her pleasant thoughts were interrupted when she saw two unfamiliar players walking towards the town exit. Yes! This is exactly what she needed to get out of her-- quote on quote-- depressed mood. The reahead crouched a little lower and pointed a finger at the white haired one. "You there!" She screamed, attracting a few unwanted looks. "I, the great Kirbs, shall join you on whatever you two must be doing!" Kirbs declared, forcing a grin way too cheerful on her face.

Spoiler

LVL: 14 | HP: 280 | EN: 28 | 7 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 PAR | 2 Bleed | 2 REC

T1 Light Armor Skill: 5 MIT

T2 Fighter Familiar Skill: 2 DMG

> Survival Skill: Increases out of combat health regeneration to [15xTier] per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing with environmental attacks/effects.

R2 2H Assault Spear Skill: 5 DMG

Kityuisa got pulled back to the present by a familiar voice. Taking a second to process what they had said, Kityuisa sat up. Her eyes looking up to find the familiar, Bahr. Rolling her eyes Kityuisa spoke up, "You're one to talk~" Kityuisa took his hand gratefully, "Thank the lord, I was going to die just sitting there with boredom written all over my face, eh?" She elbowed her friend playfully right before Bahr sent her a party invite.

She accepted it, and moved to catch up with Bahr's moving figure, "I'll even let you be party leader this ONE time. Just this once." Kityuisa offered Bahr a wink. All of a sudden from across the center of town came a shout of a red-haired girl. "Err.. Hey Kirbs.. Uh, it's up to my trusty party leader!" Kityuisa raised her hands in defense, happy to have let Bahr keep party leader. "We were, going to hunt so Bahr can get some materials for his new tailor shop." Kityuisa raised her eyebrows, she would have to send Bahr a pm later about the specific on his shop. "Nice new pants by the way." Kityuisa whispered softly to Bahr before giving her full attention to the girl, "Wait.. is that a... IS THAT A NGRURUVILU!?" Kityuisa left Bahr's side and instantly was at the side of the new party member, "Where did you find him or her..? I find the fox-snake, well i mean it looks like a fox ferret, mixture to be quite elegant. Though I absolutely love foxes." Kityuisa couldn't help but gush over the creature.

While Kit was busy gawking at the newcomer's creature, Bahr shot her an invite to the party. 

"Nice to meet you, Kirbs. I'm Bahr, and this is Kit. She's, uh, got squirrel syndrome," he mused, cracking a grin as he awaited retaliation. "Pretty simple, really. Just gonna go into the field and kills stuff. Shall we?"

It didn't take the party long to reach the exit and push on through into the fields. As usual, it was the most boring place in Aincrad. Bahr could remember his face lighting up the first time he saw it, completely enraptured by the splendor and immersion full dice technology allowed. Now he gaze upon the same fields with a bitter indifference. 

While lost in thought, Bahr almost hadn't noticed the plant monster that had materialized in front of them. 

Spoiler

Encounter: Mario Plant Knockoff

HP: 30

DMG: 9

"Hey, we lucked out. Looks like an easy one."

Bahr brandished his oversized sword, its blade beginning to glow as the signature Sword Art whistle rang through the air. He bent his knees before blasting off toward the hideous plant at a speed the likes of which he had difficulty adjusting to.

Spoiler

Sword Art: Straight

ID: 118647

BD: 9 / MD: 10

HP: 48 / ENERGY: 4

EVA: 0 / MIT: 0 / ACC: 0 / DMG: 5

LD BONUS: 2

Bahr's Straight connects as a critical, dealing 11 damage. Plant monster's attack likewise connects dealing 12 damage. 

Monster HP: 19

The Straight carried Bahr directly toward his target, and the blade sank deep into the creature's torso area. Or, at least, what Bahr assumed was it's torso. It was honestly difficult to tell. The attack hadn't been enough to defeat the creature, however, and after it let out a shriek it thwacked Bahr away. He managed to keep a grip on his sword, but was flung several feet away from the monster. 

Edited by Bahr

The redhead was suddenly blasted in the face with words and it made her feel dizzy. "Uhm... okay?" At the mention of her familiar, she turned her head slightly towards him. To say she was just a tad bit concerned was an understatement-- how in the bloody hell did this woman know what a Ngruruvilu is? Kirbs has never heard of one in her whole damn life until she 'befriended' Scarfy. "Uh, yes it is. I think I got him around floor five?" She said, not even sure herself. It had been some time since she had Scarfy, that's for sure. "Elegant?" Kirbs snorted as she shook her head. "He's anything but that. I'm not sure if all of them are like him, but if you're looking to get one, I'd suggest finding something more... kid-friendly."

She shifted her attention over to the white haired one. "Nice to meet you too, Bahr, and uh, everyone has their unique perks?" She joked, flashing him a similar grin. She giggled and clapped her hands together. "Yes! It's been ages since I've hunted anything for fun! All those quests are such a bore nowadays," she drawled, rolling her eyes.

Before Kirbs can really say anything else, a mob spawned. It was a plant based monster, which was pretty typical for the first floor, she assumed. And boy, did it really remind her of the Piranha Plant from Mario. She clapped her hands as she watched Bahr get a good chunk of the monster's health down. Sensing Scarfy slither down her arm, she pulled out her beloved spear. "Why do you make it hurt more than it should?" She whined lowly to her familiar as he tightened around her limb. 

No reply, as expected.

Kirbs scoffed to herself before dashing off, two hands gripping the shaft of her spear. She rounded on the creature and delivered one of her more fatal sword arts, stabbing it right through the head-- or at least that's what she hoped it was. The plant let out one last shrill cry before dissipating into dozens and dozens of red pixels. "I'm sorry Mr. Piranha Plant," she muttered as she landed down on her two feet. "Smash will not forget you." Turning back to the other two, she clapped her hands together and grinned. "Well, that was easy!" All the items had already been transferred to her inventory, and she was planning to share them equally between these two. She wasn't really in dire need of anything, anyway, except maybe some cash. God, was she as broke as hell at the moment.

Spoiler

ID: 118651

BD: 6, Success

7x3=21

19-21= 0 HP

CD: 7, 2x1=2 EN REC

Kirbs: HP: 280/280 | EN: 28/28 | 7 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 PAR | 2 Bleed | 2 REC

@Kityuisa: HP: 40/40

@Bahr: HP: 48/60

Mario Plant Knockoff: HP: 30/30

Spoiler

ID: 118654

LD: 7+3=10

CD: 3

LOOT: 1 Uncommon Consumable, 4 Materials, 90 Col

Spoiler

~Skills/Stats~ Journal

Level: 2

Health: 40 | Energy: 4
EVA: 0 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 0
DMG: 4

Skills:

Combat skills:
N/A

Weapon skills:
Novice Dagger +1

Armor skills:
N/A

Extra skills:
N/A

Utility Skills:
N/A

Modifiers:
N/A

Inventory

[Equipped] [Rare] Sharp Dagger: +2 DMG
 [Equipped] [Vanity] Short Butterfly Kimono: No Stat Increase
[Empty]

Battle Ready:

Starter Healing Potion (Heals 50) x3
[Empty]
[Empty]
[Empty]
[Empty]

Kityuisa had to stay quiet more often.. She pushed Bahr lightly once more when he called her squirrely. Tilting her head back at Kirbs she offered a small smile, "I mean they aren't well known to be very friendly.. I loved studying animals, in case you were wondering." Kityuisa stretched her neck and watched as a monster appeared out from nowhere. Bahr hit it, it hit Bahr and then Kirbs finished it off. The loot dropped and Kityuisa watched as Kirbs put it in her inventory. Shrugging it off, Kityuisa nodded her head. "Welp, i really am pretty much useless.." Kityuisa nevertheless trudged forward. "Let's keep hunting, shall we? Maybe we can discuss how to split the col and materials we get." 

Kityuisa thought for a moment, "Bahr and you are probably going to do most of the wo--" As soon as Kityuisa spoke, another creature appeared. It was a giant bug. Kityuisa scrunched her nose, "Disgusting..." She pulled her dagger out and rolled her eyes. Might as well land a hit, so they can't claim everything for themselves. Glancing at the amount of energy she had left, she began activating her sword skill. Her body dashing forward, eager to take down the bug. 

Her dagger sliding forth, hitting twice. She ended up standing behind the bug, waiting for the rest of her party to attack.

Spoiler

ID# 118657

BD: 10

@KirbsHP: 280/280

@Kityuisa: HP: 40/40 | EN 4 - 2 = 2

@Bahr: HP: 48/60

Giant bug:
HP: 38/50
DMG: 15

Edited by Kityuisa

No sooner had one mob been destroyed than another appeared to take its place. This one came in the form of a giant bug. Like, a giant bug. The thing probably had more fluids sloshing around inside of that big big exoskeleton than the entire party combined. 

"Woah! That thing is so cool!" he marveled, spectating in horror has Kit immediately moved in to attack it. "Aww come on! Couldn't we have at least let it hang around for a minute or two before killing it?" As her Sword Skill landed a critical, he got his answer. "Guess not. In that case..."

Once again, his sword began to glow and emit the Sword Art whistle. He bent slightly at the knee before thrusting his sword forward and rocketing toward the enormous insect, splintering the exoskeleton and lodging the blade deep into the creature. As he dislodged his sword and jumped back, simulated bug guts started spewing from the hole he left behind. 

"Awwhaha yeah! Take that you, uh, bug!"

Spoiler

ID# 118659

BD: 10

@KirbsHP: 280/280

@Kityuisa: HP: 40/40 

@Bahr: HP: 48/60 / EN: 5-2 = 3

DMG: (5+2)×2 = 14

Giant bug:
HP: 24/50

Edited by Bahr

Kirbs reeled back and shrieked when she saw the bug. "Oh my stars, I didn't mean to kill your bloody cousin two years ago. He was just on my wall and I really didn't want him crawling into my mouth at night!" The girl blabbered, her eyes wide from the horrific creature. Of all the jolly things that could be found on the first floor, they just had to find a big arse bug? She sobbed inside, why was the universe so cruel to her?!

As much as she didn't want to get near the thing, she knew that she had to kill it sooner or later. Giving once last gag, she activated one of her sword arts and sped in to the fight. She thrust the head of her spear deep into the hard shell like skin of the bug and nearly came running back when it let out a high pitched cry. She watched as the HP of the bug slowly drop down to just a few solid bars and mentally cursed herself. She was just about to run back to safety when she felt a large pair of arms whack her away. She landed on her bum and scowled. Of course, the attack did nothing to her, but damn, is this what it felt to be a bug?

Spoiler

ID: 118666

BD: 4+3=7

MD: 7-1=6

7x3=21

24-21=3

CD: 6

14 MIT- 15  DMG= 1 DMG

Kirbs: HP: 279/280 | EN: 28/28 | 7 DMG | 14 MIT | 2 ACC | 1 EVA | 2 PAR | 2 Bleed | 2 REC

@Kityuisa: HP: 40/40

Giant Bug: 1/1/1: HP 3/50

Kityuisa watched as her friends began to attack the bug after her, even as it kicked Kirbs back onto her bumb, Kityuisa shrugged. She stretched her neck and dashed forward. Her dagger slicing straight through to the body of the bug. As her arm continued to thrust forward, the bug burst into pixels, her dagger cutting clean through to the other side. Her body stopping its movement a mere millisecond after the pixels appeared. 

Kityuisa appeared nonchalant as she cleaned up her dagger, storing it back in its sheath. Kityuisa looked at her party members. "That seemed easy enough." Kityuisa looked behind her, "I wouldn't mind if we switched from monster hunting to material gathering. Rather than splitting loot, we can make it so everyone gets whatever they find?" Kityuisa waited for the two's reply. Her eyes were eyeing Kirbs, "As for the hunting, next time we will have to go to a different floor. You seem higher than us, so it makes the loot decrease." Kityuisa looked at Bahr, waiting for him to back her up.

Spoiler

ID# 118669
BD: 7
LD: 15
CD: 5

@KirbsHP: 279/280

@Kityuisa: HP: 40/40 | EN 2

Giant bug:
HP: 3/50

Loot:

Edited by Kityuisa

Bahr watched with glee as the monster exploded into a million blue fractals. Once the battle had concluded, Bahr joined the others and listened as Kit explained her idea. 

"I wouldn't mind if we switched from monster hunting to material gathering. Rather than splitting loot, we can make it so everyone gets whatever they find?" she inquired, looking around to the different faces in the party as though looking for validation. 

"I'm cool with it," Bahr responded, "My new pants help with looting anyways."

As Kit regarded Kirbs and spoke with her, Bahr noticed a rabbit hole not far off. Keeping true to his age old tradition of sticking his hands into holes, he approached the tiny tunnel and shoved his whole arm in. Unfortunately, this hole bore no fruit. He cast a sad glance to the others as he slowly removed his arm from the earthy cavern, likely not realizing how ridiculous he probably looked. 

Spoiler

ID: 118712

LD: 7+2 

Material search failed. 

Edited by Bahr