[PP-F1] Clash of Blades [Tournament]

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A quick twist of the head was enough to evade her counter strike as he tensed his shoulder and reversed the previous strike, bringing it down in a quick overhand slash from shoulder to hip that barely missed.

Battledice: 5

Damage: 0

Ruri Hp = [5/10]

Saix Hp = [7/10]

So she broke their little stalemate first eh? He was fine with that, so long as it meant that they could determine a winner. Rolling his shoulder up and out, he countered with a quick sharp thrust to the chest that proved ineffectual.

Battledice: 2 = Miss

Ruri Hp = [5/10]

Saix Hp = [6/10]

Again he accepted the hit without pausing, ignoring the would be pain, before countering with a quick and vicious thrust that again was dodged. He didn't feel as though he were in any real danger of losing, yet, but if his luck didn't turn soon he would be in dire straights. After all, one never knew when a critical hit would change the entire game.

Battledice: 4

Ruri Hp = [5/10]

Saix Hp = [5/10]

The fates certainly weren't smiling on anyone in particular today, she might have landed a few more hits, but he had landed some fairly nice critical blows of his own. But something needed to give soon, because these constant misses were taking all the fun out of the duel. Switching his tactics he brought his sword back and twisted at the hips and slashed in a quick horizontal sweep that left a red gash across her pixelated belly. It was about damn time.

Battledice: 10 = Critical

Damage: 2

Ruri Hp = [3/10]

Saix Hp = [5/10]

Unwilling to dwell on how close the battle was becoming at the end, Saix spun on a heel, bringing the sword in quick and snapping out an attack that would crack the pommel of his sword across her face in a quick backhand stroke that would have left a real person spitting teeth, if only it had connected. Damn it, this again?

Ruri Hp = [3/10]

Saix Hp = [4/10]

A quick roll of the shoulder turned the missed pommel strike into a quick stab at the gut that planted his blade several inches into the digital body cavity. This time he savored the strike, giving the blade a hard twist, before retracting his sword.

Battledice: 9 (critical)

Damage: 2

Ruri Hp = [1/10]

Saix Hp = [4/10]

Retracting the blade, Saix spun on a heel, bringing the sword in close and striking out in a quick backhand, again trying to slam the pommel of the sword home in a teeth rattling blow to the mouth.

Ruri Hp = [1/10]

Saix Hp = [3/10]

Now things were really exciting, each fighter had a sliver of health left, it could go either way on the edge of a blade. Stepping forward he thrust, gambling victory on this, possibly, final attack...

-dramatic pause-

And his blade found flesh, penetrating into the gut and dealing that all important final tick of damage.

Wait, had he won?

Battledice: 6

Damage: 1

Ruri Hp = [0/10]

Saix Hp = [2/10]

Saix returned the high-five enthusiastically before giving her a quick salute with the sword. "That was a good fight, especially there at the end, it could have gone either way." He said in response with a grin. "I'd like that, we should have a friendly duel every now and again, to see how far we come."

Daeron stepped in front of the two players, announcing that the fight had finally ended. "Congratulations to Saix, he will be going on to the next round either facing Swift or Grim in his next battle. Go ahead and rest up. Both combatants did an excellent job, and I salute to you guys being good sports." Daeron said.

http://betterbracketmaker.com/#!/bcc463d081835

"Now, as for the next battle. I have contacted the next set of players, but one is currently unavailable. We will move on to the next group, but we WILL get back to them, so fear not, they will not be skipped." Daeron said as he reached into the hat to draw the next two names. "Alright, the next combatants to battle are Shanok.... and.... Myself." he says in surprise. Daeron steps down to the arena, and readies his weapon with Shanok, equipping the "Challenger's Ring".

"Good Luck" Daeron says to Shanok shaking hands with the fellow guild member he is about to battle.

Player with highest combat dice roll, gets first strike. This post counts for my own.

(I am using my Sepulcher's Blade, meaning I have 11 Health from the health boost (I divided it by 2 and added it), then it deals 1 extra damage per hit, and gives me +1 on combat dice. See my signature for a neater version of it.)

Daeron [11/11]

Shanok [10/10]