[EV-F1] "Fear the Reapers!" (pt. 1)

The fact that they immediately jumped to reassuring her... felt nice. Even if she didn't deserve it because she was the one having a minor outburst at something that turned out to be basically of no concern to them. Was this what having close friends felt like? An found herself laughing along softly at Arabelle's jab, then felt slightly unsettled at the way Mishiro spoke to her at first but eventually calmed down enough to nod in understanding. She didn't seem like the person who respected her own emotions. An didn't think the same, but she had proven herself to at least be kind so... they could try to get along. Somehow. 

Even though they just met, An wanted to learn more about the both of them. An was curious!

But the two were already close friends. So, just once more, just for the last time, An sought out approval. "A nice change of pace, huh? Tired of each other already?" Her slightly teasing smile implied she was not at all being serious, and then she allowed her hesitation to seep into her expression. "I'm sorry for asking so much. But, is it really okay? You two seem so close that I sometimes feel like I'm intruding..."

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arabelle nodded along in approval. "Plus! Always remember that as long as you try hard enough, you won't be at that level forever. When you're already aware that you're bad at one thing, it just makes it easier to know what you have to improve at, right?" So this break time turned into cheer-up-their-depressed-new-teammate time, but the small purple-haired girl didn't really mind. Her sparkling crimson eyes was a lovely thing to see. That was fun in its own right. 

"Oh! Very. We've known each other since the first week of the game, right Shiro-chan~?" Arabelle leaned over and squeezed her friend's armored hand with a sweet smile. Clasping Mishiro's hand in both of hers, she continued, "My, my. This is almost embarrassing to admit but... I think my life would have been very different if I never knew you! Yes, even if your coldness hurts me sometimes, you're still the best best friend I've ever had! I can't imagine life without you!"

No homo though.

She dropped her friend's hand.

"Hmhm~. No, it's fine. I'll take another friend or two! It's not like friendships are exclusive or anything." So were 110% of her relationships. "I mean, it's never been exclusive. Since the beginning of time. Why did you even feel the need to ask?" She tilted her head to the side, pretending to think for a moment, then a smirk formed on her lips. Oh. With their interactions, maybe An had-- "Shiro-chan, Shiro-chan, have we been acting a bit too close lately? You know, I think we might have given the wrong impression. I don't know, we're friends, but sometimes another girl's intuition is spot on. Do you have something important to tell me~?"

Spoiler

[3/3 full energy regen]

Edited by Arabelle

"That just naturally follows." What would her life be like if she'd never met Arabelle? Their unusual friendship traced so far back into the earlier days of the game that it was difficult to imagine. She was sure that if she somehow walked into another universe where the only difference was that they never met, her life now would be drastically different. In what way, she wouldn't know. The butterfly effect was completely unpredictable in that manner. Turning over her hand, she patted both of Arabelle's gloved hands as a silent prompt to let go; even the coldness of her armor would seep through cloth at some point. "Your only best friend. And please save the sentiments for him. He would appreciate it more."

She looked from Arabelle's sweet smile to An's (probably) confused expression.

"I wouldn't mind either. There's nothing to intrude on." 

Mishiro said, as the small purple-haired girl launched into what she could only call, one of her tangents. This time, it was turning vaguely, playfully flirtatious. But she never saw her best friend that way, and she quickly dispelled whatever assumptions An might have been starting to form with her hands slightly raised in an "I'm innocent" gesture. 

"Sorry, but you're mistaken. Frankly, I feel bad for whoever has to deal with you on such matters, but whoever it is, he's already too far gone into your seduction and he isn't me. I have something important to tell you though..." The girl pointed upwards at seemingly nothing, but in reality, she was pointing to where she expected Arabelle's status bars would be. "Your energy is full. We should continue."

And An was giggling along to their banter again. There was something about Arabelle's playfulness and Mishiro's deadpan responses that played off so well with each other. This time, however, she felt more a part of the group than before and the lingering hesitation was pretty much completely gone - even if they weren't speaking to her directly. "So Arabelle has a boyfriend? I wouldn't have expected that~. I mean, not in a bad way or anything, you give off this aura..." She paused and tapped a finger to her lips, trying to think of the right word. When she found one close enough, she brightened. "You look free! In a different sort of way. I'm not saying that relationships are restricting or anything. But... gosh, okay. That is not the right word. Anyways, what's he--"

Time's up, apparently. Whatever discussion that would have generated would be saved for another break time. Wide crimson eyes also looked up to take notice of their full energy bars. It was time to fight again! This time, she wouldn't be too focused on proving herself. She wouldn't even stress about improving. An just wanted to give it the best she could!

"I never thanked you two for earlier, right? So, thanks." An gave them both a sincere grateful smile. She got up as the others did and shook her rapier in its sheath. "You didn't really need to comfort someone like me, but I feel a lot better now because of it."

"Shiiiro-chan~, you meanie. I take it back! You're the worst and the only best friend I've ever had!" Arabelle feigned offense. It mostly proved ineffectual as she just narrowed her eyes and gave her friend a slight pout. "I get the strangest feeling you're assigning the blame of something onto me but I don't know what. Sorry, but I never went and seduced him, he just fell unprompted like a dummy. I'm not complaining though~."

Then the small purple-haired girl had to pause and think. Like, really really really hard.

"Not exactly," she responded to An's question plainly. Turning to the curious girl, she giggled. "So there's your explanation. Come on, An. Be more honest. I know exactly what you mean~. You meant how I was watching the guys earlier, right? Does having a boyfriend mean you can't appreciate the goods? I mean, it's not like you're buying or anything... Well, I guess that's one of the reasons."

Arabelle was about to launch into a nine-paragraph long explanation of why her not-boyfriend was the best and at the same time the worst, only to be rudely interrupted by her friend. She felt [censored]blocked at the very least. With a huff, she retrieved her scythe and stood. Boy talk later. If anything, that would at least serve as extra motivation to get through this round.

"When everyone's ready!"

At their affirmatives, she leaped off the stage. She shoulder barged straight into a zombie she spotted, reducing it to data fragments instantly, and tried to catch the rest with a swing of her scythe. Unfortunately, some had been standing a bit further away and another activated its second wind ability upon contact. Lovely. "Shiro-chan, An, you know the drill!"

Spoiler

ID: 126155 | BD: 6 | LD: 5 | Trample Act: 14 * 6 = 84 - 10 = 74 DMG to Zombie 41
ID: 126156 | BD: 5 + 3 = 8 | LD: 6 | Trample Act: 14 * 6 = 84 - 10 = 74 DMG to Zombie 42
ID: 126157 | BD: 1
ID: 126158 | BD: 5 + 3 = 8 | LD: 18 | Trample Act: 14 * 6 = 84 - 10 = 74 DMG to Zombie 44

6 + (2 * 3) = 12 EN

[H:0/1] Arabelle: 420/420 HP | 30/42 EN | 14 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:0/0] Mishiro: 180/180 HP | 18/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed [keen until next successful attack]
[H:0/0] Andromeda: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 8 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 LD

Zombie 41: 0/50 HP | 15 DMG | 10 MIT
Zombie 42: 0/50 HP | 15 DMG | 10 MIT

Zombie 43: 50/50 HP | 15 DMG | 10 MIT
Zombie 44: 1/50 HP | 15 DMG | 10 MIT

Special:

• Deals 20 DMG on a 9 or 10
  • If the Zombie would be killed by a weapon or defensive ability, and the LD is equal to or higher than 15, the Zombie is instead reduced to 1HP. This ability is ignored if the attack that reduced it 0 was a critical hit or the weapon/armor used has the holy or holy blessing enhancement.

~~BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

AP: 0

Achievement Name Progress
Zombies Killed 42/150
Last Hit on Zombies 34/100
Critical Failures OR Critical Evasions 3/25 OR 0/15
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
HP Restored in a Thread 0/120
Consumables Used 6/13

Edited by Arabelle

She stood up after Arabelle and retrieved the Widower from beside the treasure chest. From there, it was just a matter of adjusting the black iron armor under her coat for comfort and checking if her damage buffs were still in effect. "The timer's about to run out," Mishiro warned her team leader; they had consumed the buffs at the same time earlier. "I'll be keeping track of it as we fight; we wouldn't want to lose the effect midway. Keep your ears sharp, just in case."

Pulling up her battle-ready inventory, she confirmed that her consumables and more importantly her teleport crystal were still there before she gave Arabelle her affirmative.

Another round. Arabelle initiated the attack. She didn't know what was on the girl's mind, but she tried something different. A shoulder barge that should have bumped one of the undead closer to the other three, and then an attempt to take them all out at a swing made at closer range. Once the former unintentionally decimated the first mob though, her new move fell apart.

One survived at 1 HP. Another was not hit at all.

That was her target and An likely already knew hers. Mishiro appeared at its side and swung her axe downwards as if she were handling an executioner's blade. Black smoke trailed around her weapon and wafted through the air around her as she ducked underneath an enraged swipe and pulled her axe up, allowing her to back away.

Spoiler

ID: 126159 | BD: 7 | Ultimate Breaker: 8 * 3 = 24 - 10 = 14 DMG to Zombie 43

[H:0/1] Arabelle: 420/420 HP | 30/42 EN | 14 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:1/0] Mishiro: 180/180 HP | 15/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed
[H:0/0] Andromeda: 20/20 HP | 2/2 EN | 8 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 LD

Zombie 43: 36/50 HP | 15 DMG | 10 MIT

Special:

• If the Zombie would be killed by a weapon or defensive ability, and the LD is equal to or higher than 15, the Zombie is instead reduced to 1HP. This ability is ignored if the attack that reduced it 0 was a critical hit or the weapon/armor used has the holy or holy blessing enhancement.

❄❄ BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 42/150
Last Hit on Zombies 7/100
Critical Failures OR Critical Evasions 2/25 OR 1/15
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 2/13

Edited by Mishiro

"I-I, uhh... yeah, I guess that's what I meant. I don't mean anything bad by it though, please don't misunderstand!" An's embarrassed blush progressively grew deeper and deeper as Arabelle spoke. Busted! She thought that had been subtle enough to get past the purple-haired girl, but apparently not. She now had her added to her (rather short) list of "people An should never ever have a Freudian slip around because they would probably actually end up reading her mind or something."

As her teammates busied themselves and got ready, An found that the only thing she really needed to do was check her battle inventory. She needed proper armor, she realized as she scrolled through her equipped items. Maybe something cute and showy. She looked from Arabelle's schoolgirl-esque military uniform to the black armor Mishiro had under her oversized coat - a wardrobe choice which totally made sense when the girl shifted at an unlucky angle and An got a glimpse of it, it barely covered anything below the hips.

Could it be? That the girl with dull eyes was actually--? But just in secret--?

An turned red at the prospect. 

"I'm ready here, too!"

Following closely after the other two, she found herself still lagging behind but at least she was far enough to quickly find the target she was supposed to take. The zombie left with 1 HP. An swiftly drew her blade and slashed... only for it to flail an arm suddenly, enough to startle her, and run off to wail on their main DPS. Somewhere nearby, the other zombie that was now approaching half HP landed a blow on Mishiro.

An internally cursed.

Spoiler

ID: 126160 | BD: 4 | MD: 10 | 20 - 9 = 11 DMG on Arabelle
ID: 126161 | MD: 8 | 15 - 27 = 1 DMG on Mishiro

[H:0/1] Arabelle: 409/420 HP | 30/42 EN | 14 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:1/0] Mishiro: 179/180 HP | 15/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed
[H:0/0] Andromeda: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 8 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 LD

Special:

***BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 26/150
Last Hit on Zombies 1/100
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 1/13

Edited by Andromeda

"Shiro-chan, do you even realize who you're saying that to?"

A pianist with trophies and medals on her shelf as recognition of her wonderful refined skill in the art. She would have better hearing than most, due to her training. Okay, let's be fair. She knew which sounds to pick out and focus on and which to drown out to meaningless white noise.

Mishiro hit hers. No Bleed though. An missed hers. The zombie An missed went after Arabelle and dealt a smidge of damage to her. Okay, that was fine. The girl was still 'improving,' as Mishiro called it earlier, and Arabelle didn't want to start up another tense situation by making one of her usual jabs. She actually liked An's company. All she needed to do was to keep trying. Yeah, Arabelle could have the patience for that.

She watched her energy. Then, recalling Mishiro's words, she looked up at the effect's time limit. Yeah, she would rather they finish this fast so it wouldn't suddenly wear off in the next round. "I'm stepping in, Shiro!" Arabelle called out. She ignited her scythe and weaved past the annoying zombie that wouldn't leave her alone, zeroing in on Mishiro's target. 

She swung.

And missed.

Well, crap.

Spoiler

ID: 126162 | BD: 2 

[H:0/1] Arabelle: 409/420 HP | 29/42 EN | 14 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA

Special:

~~BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 42/150
Critical Failures OR Critical Evasions 3/25 OR 0/15
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 6/13

Edited by Arabelle

She tossed a glance over her shoulder to check on An. Then at Arabelle, when her HP suddenly dropped. A critical attack, but it was as weak as the ones that came before it. Her head snapped back to her opponent when she sensed movement and she deflected another strike. She continued to evade, backing away slowly with gray eyes searching for an opening, when - the undead grew impatient and lunged forward with nothing but primal instinct as its driving force.

Her axe's blade was not enough. It drove her back, extinguishing the Sword Art she had been charging to slash past her guard. She was too close at this point, she needed a refresh. Mishiro continued backing away, leaping up onto a chair as she got far enough. Arabelle appeared beside her shortly afterwards, swinging her scythe in an uppercut to prevent any further advances, but the undead had already dropped back into a safer distance. 

She looked up. "We still have more than enough time with that buff, Arabelle."

Spoiler

ID: 126163 | BD: 3

[H:1/0] Mishiro: 179/180 HP | 14/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed

Special:

❄❄ BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 42/150
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 2/13

Edited by Mishiro

Meanwhile, An was locked in a duel with a zombie at literally one HPOh boy, here we go again-- Though to be fair, it was hardly a duel. Its preset AI had it constantly trying to make its way back to Arabelle, who had landed an attack on it earlier. So it was like... in video game mechanics, pretty close to a 'defend x' objective? Honestly, Arabelle technically didn't need to be defended - the last attack that landed on her barely even left a dent on her HP - but An figured she needed to concentrate.

The two were teaming up against the other zombie which was evading both of their attacks pretty well. And wasn't there talk of a time limit?

"Oh, come on! Stay here!" An thrust her rapier at the advancing zombie - to little avail. She missed, but she at least got to shove it back before it could get any closer to the two. 

Spoiler

ID: 126164 | BD: 3 | MD: 3
ID: 126165 | MD: 1

Special:

***BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 26/150
Last Hit on Zombies 1/100
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 1/13

Edited by Andromeda

"Well, that's an unusual way of saying 'thanks for trying to assist, Arabelle! You're the best team leader ever!'"

She just wanted to get this done. Energy was starting to become less of a concern to her at this point - as soon as she missed her second attack on the zombie anyway. She quirked a brow as Mishiro missed hers too. It wasn't about stats and efficiency anymore, this was a matter of pride! Now that she had the opportunity to, Arabelle would show her friend that she would absolutely take revenge and overkill this mob to death for shaming her--

The small purple-haired girl missed a third time.

FUUUUU--

She wanted to cry and get a double serving of cake. She didn't even bother if that would be seen as slightly uncharacteristic of her, she just wanted to comfort herself after three fails in a row, dammit!

Arabelle was calling it now. This fight was going to be the biggest drag of a fight they were ever going to have.

Spoiler

ID: 126166 | BD: 1

[H:0/1] Arabelle: 409/420 HP | 28/42 EN | 14 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA

Special:

~~BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 42/150
Critical Failures OR Critical Evasions 4/25 OR 0/15
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 6/13

Edited by Arabelle

Mishiro gave her friend a deadpan look.

"Thanks for trying to assist," she repeated monotonously. "You would be the best team leader ever... if only you can land an attack on this mob. Don't call me a hypocrite either. I openly accept that Zombie 43 has gained absolute evasion and therefore cannot be hit by any attack from me." She had been keeping count in her mind. Knowing their progress could be helpful at some point... or she could just hand over the numbers to Arabelle later on just to hear the girl brag about it to her friends. "You actually have accuracy, so you can beat it. I'm cheering on you, Arabelle."

There was only a small amount of sincerity in that tone. They were getting nowhere at this point, and even Mishiro had resorted to her deadpan humor to alleviate her frustration. She leaped from her chair as the persistent undead came at her and knocked it over with its aimless swipe. Landing behind it, she quickly spun on her heel and delivered a downwards swing on its back.

By sheer luck, the undead had fallen forward with the chair and she struck the ground instead.

Spoiler

ID: 126167 | BD: 3

[H:0/1] Arabelle: 409/420 HP | 28/42 EN | 14 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA

Special:

❄❄ BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 42/150
Critical Failures OR Critical Evasions 2/25 OR 2/15
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 2/13

Edited by Mishiro

One more hit. All she needed was one hit to finish it off. Heck, she didn't even need to deal any more than 1 DMG! An deflected a swing - collateral, it really was just trying to brush her off like an annoying fly - and pushed the zombie backwards again, before it could get any closer to the two. They were still having trouble, somehow, despite their combined efforts the mob's HP hadn't budged an inch. An wasn't currently concerned on that though, her focus was on the zombie that was ignoring her and trying to interfere with her teammates.

"Doing something else while someone is giving their all... my high school teachers used to like saying that was plain disrespectful! And terrible people should just die!"

...now that last part was totally overkill. An was just hyping herself up, okay?! She did weird things when trying to summon motivation. It worked though, as she finally thrust her rapier into its chest and watched it fall apart. That made her second kill! An internally cheered. 

Spoiler

ID: 126168 | BD: 9 | (8 + 1) - 10 = 1 DMG on Zombie 44
ID: 126169 | MD: 2

[H:0] Arabelle: 409/420 HP | 28/42 EN | 14 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:1] Mishiro: 179/180 HP | 15/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed
[H:0] Andromeda: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 8 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 LD

Zombie 44: 0/50 HP | 15 DMG | 10 MIT

Special:

***BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 27/150
Last Hit on Zombies 2/100
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 1/13

Edited by Andromeda

Arabelle laughed.

"What? I think that's the best thing you've said this day, Shiro-chan. If only I knew that all it took to draw out your sense of humor is to drag out a fight for this long..." The girl gestured at the lone zombie. If she wasn't imagining it, the damn thing even looked a little bit smug. Yeah, right. It was only delaying its own death, she reminded herself. They were going to wipe out its smug face later... and at this point, she didn't even care if it was her or Mishiro who did it. Heck, she was barely receiving any damage but she felt like it was dealing just as deadly damage to her pride!

It went for Mishiro... and missed. Lovely.

"Shi-chan!"

Even calling out her scythe's name wasn't enough. Arabelle was left with the embers of her dying Sword Art and the annoying little pest still stood upright in front of her. Watching.

Spoiler

ID: 126170 | BD: 2

[H:0] Arabelle: 409/420 HP | 27/42 EN | 14 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:1] Mishiro: 179/180 HP | 15/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed

Special:

~~BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 43/150
Critical Failures OR Critical Evasions 4/25 OR 0/15
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 6/13

Edited by Arabelle

An felled hers. She should be rejoining them now, or perhaps standing at a safe distance and waiting for her energy to regenerate. Now it was just the two of them, dealing with a mob that should have died to either one's attacks long ago. "Don't," Mishiro responded to the girl's insinuation with an exasperated sigh. "You do know that means you'll have to suffer along with me."

She deflected another maddened barrage of attacks with her axe. It was focused on her and almost completely ignoring Arabelle, so... her stance slightly loosened. Backing up just slightly enough, she shoved the undead away and just as quickly, clashed blows with it once again. This time though, she held it in place. Her arms shook under the weight pressing down on her, but she managed enough strength to push against her foe and call out, "Arabelle, now!"

Where the zombie should have been, Arabelle sliced through thin air. 

It had fallen backwards, suddenly letting go of her, as if it had predicted - as if it knew she was getting it into a position where her teammate could assuredly land an attack. But that also meant, it didn't have control of its movements. She wasn't about to let that idea of hers go to waste. Igniting her axe, Mishiro slammed the blade downwards with as much force as she could muster.

Spoiler

ID: 126171 | BD: 6 | Ultimate Breaker: 8 * 3 = 24 - 10 = 14 DMG to Zombie 43 [keen]

[H:2] Mishiro: 179/180 HP | 13/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed [keen until next successful attack]

Zombie 43: 22/50 HP | 15 DMG | 10 MIT

Special:

❄❄ BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 43/150
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 2/13

Edited by Mishiro

They were still at it. An internally sweatdropped. She stayed a safe distance away and watched as bare fists somehow clashed against the green flames of one scythe and the sharp blade of a black axe. It was keeping up with them; had they encountered one that was stronger than the others? Her concern for their safety only amplified when the zombie made a mad dash toward Mishiro and backhanded her, almost knocking her to the side. Any further attacks though, were quickly prevented by either of the two. Somehow, she was a bit blurry on that last part.

Thankfully, it had only taken 1 HP. But this zombie still being alive after all that was kind of suspect. That shouldn't be possible... right? Those two were the strongest in her team. Heck, maybe Arabelle was even the strongest Tier 1 inside the tent, considering the damage she had been doling out.

An, being a bit far from the rest, had to cup her hands and call out, "Are you guys okay?! Do you need me to call for support?" 

Spoiler

ID: 126172 | MD: 8 | 15 - 27 = 1 DMG to Mishiro

[H:2] Mishiro: 178/180 HP | 13/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed [keen until next successful attack]
[H:0] Andromeda: 20/20 HP | 1/2 EN | 8 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 LD

Special:

***BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 27/150
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 1/13

Edited by Andromeda

Now this. This was seriously starting to piss her off. To the point where she wanted to use the strongest Sword Art in her arsenal just to see its HP shoot down to red faster than you can even blink. But that was just plain irrational at this point. When she heard An's voice cutting through the air behind her, Arabelle almost snapped back at her. Instead, she forced herself to breath in, breath out. They were fine. Perfectly fine. She wouldn't be taken by this. This fight was just dragging on a bit too long for their liking, but it's not like anyone was in danger or anything.

"We're fine!" Arabelle yelled back eventually. "Just the regular zombie... who wants to cling to its 'life' a little too badly. Well honestly though, I never understood why some people hold on to life so much even though it's literally a living hell. Sorry, a living, irredeemable, hell. Might as well just end it before your divine retribution gets any worse, no?

"I'll help you..."

But not today. Once again, her scythe struck absolutely nothing.

Spoiler

ID: 126173 | BD: 1

[H:0] Arabelle: 409/420 HP | 26/42 EN | 14 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:2] Mishiro: 178/180 HP | 13/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed [keen until next successful attack]

Special:

~~BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 43/150
Critical Failures OR Critical Evasions 5/25 OR 0/15
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 6/13

Edited by Arabelle

Mishiro stumbled to the side and had to slam the handle of her axe into the ground and use it as temporary support. She leaned against it and felt her own cold armored hand brush against her cheek, bringing about an uncomfortable chill. Her head was whirling. But no - the undead... the undead was a blur in her vision, a smudge but distinctive enough to be recognized, and it was still advancing.

She took in a deep breath and pulled her axe from the ground to meet its blow. Behind her opponent, she thought she saw a flash of green and black. Arabelle? Mishiro strove to hold it in place long enough for the scythe wielder to make contact, but as if it read her mind, it surged forward with a sudden burst of strength, its mouth snapping at whatever it could reach. She didn't wait. Her foot snapped up and connected with its chest, and as it was stumbling backwards, she spun around on her other heel and brought her weapon down, cutting a long diagonal line from its shoulder to the other side of its torso. She watched its HP bar as she stumbled back, panting. Maybe... just maybe... 

"An, go for the kill!"

Spoiler

ID: 126174 | BD: 3 + 3 = 6 | Ultimate Breaker: 8 * 3 = 24 - 10 = 14 DMG to Zombie 43

[H:3] Mishiro: 178/180 HP | 11/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed

Zombie 43: 8/50 HP | 15 DMG | 10 MIT

Special:

❄❄ BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 43/150
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 2/13

Edited by Mishiro

They were... fine? She frowned, watching a disoriented Mishiro somehow hold her ground against another attack and deal a significant blow to its HP. Nearby, Arabelle didn't look any better. An shook her rapier in its sheath. All she had to do now was to trust in their judgment -- "Ehhh? M-me?" Her crimson eyes grew wide as she pointed at herself and asked for clarification. She knew they were getting tired, but out of all the people... Arabelle still had enough energy, after all! And it still had a fair amount of HP left! She wouldn't expect... oh. An's eyes steeled with determination. 

A Sword Art plus a critical. That was what Mishiro probably meant. It was a gamble!

Not one with the highest risks, but you get the point.

"Right! An, joining in!" An's rapier ignited. She was completely in the zone. Closing in on the last zombie that was giving their team way too much trouble, she started off with a thrust at the red lines already streaking around its rotted flesh. Deepening the wound. Then she withdrew and delivered another, right at its throat. 

But zombies didn't have the same vital points humans did. And at the same time, this was a game where where you struck did not really matter, for the most part. The zombie lived, long enough to pull itself free from her blade and attack Mishiro once again.

Spoiler

ID: 126175 | BD: 6 | MD: 6 | Rip Ravine: 8 * 2 = 16 - 10 = 6 DMG to Zombie 43 | 15 - 27 = 1 DMG to Mishiro

[H:3] Mishiro: 177/180 HP | 11/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed
[H:1] Andromeda: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 8 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 LD

Zombie 43: 2/50 HP | 15 DMG | 10 MIT

Special:

***BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 27/150
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 1/13

Edited by Andromeda

They were making progress and Arabelle didn't even a hand in it. Now she completely understood how An felt earlier, but it's not like everything else was going horribly when she started to lack in contribution. Mishiro somehow managed to lower its HP a bit more. She asked a decidedly confused An to join the fray. At least, Arabelle knew instantly what she was going for: if An critted against the mob, Arabelle would be able to start them off with the next round of zombies almost immediately. However, as their rotten luck would have it, An did not crit.

"Shiro, watch out!"

Arabelle met the zombie as soon as it went for her best friend... again. She didn't even bother activating a Sword Art, with a regular swing, she felt her blade cut through skin but not enough. Soon, the mob had joyfully landed another attack.

God, she was glad Mishiro's armor had lots of MIT on it.

Spoiler

ID: 126176 | BD: 3 + 3 = 6 | LD: 20 | 14 - 10 = 4 DMG on Zombie 43

[H:1] Arabelle: 409/420 HP | 26/42 EN | 14 DMG | 9 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA
[H:3] Mishiro: 177/180 HP | 11/18 EN | 8 DMG | 27 MIT | 3 Keen | 2 Bleed
[H:1] Andromeda: 20/20 HP | 0/2 EN | 8 DMG | 18 MIT | 3 LD

Zombie 43: 1/50 HP | 15 DMG | 10 MIT

Special:

~~BINGO BOOK

Spoiler

Zombies Killed 43/150
Critical Failures OR Critical Evasions 5/25 OR 0/15
HP Restored (Self) 0/150
Consumables Used 6/13

Edited by Arabelle