[F01-PP] <<The Second Lesson, Is Also Free>> Let's Have some More Fun

"... Just because you've done bad things doesn't mean you a bad person." 

Violet smiled and looked him in the eyes, a small smile on her lips. "Thanks. But a killer like me would just eat you up." A look one gives to their prey came into her eyes once more as she looked at him. She sighed, getting herself back under control. The look was gone now. Once more, another boar pup spawned. It seemed like the game was feeling sorry for her long efforts and had finally decided to lend a helping hand. 

She dashed over to the boar pup, launching her blade into its side and quickly dodging its counterattack. Her moves were becoming more relaxed, more fluid. She was becoming more of a natural at this. 

She looked back over at Yukiro, trying to gauge his reaction once more. She wondered if he would still try to act on his emotions. She shrugged to herself. Eh, I suppose we'll find out. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

basic attack vs. boar pup 11
Roll ID#: 129366
BD: 8 success
CD: 11 (+2 energy)
MD: 6 - 1 = 5 fail

Violet: 65/80 HP | 0 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 1/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

boar pup 11: 5 - 2 = 3/5 HP | 3 DMG

Edited by Violet Smith
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thanks. But a killer like me would just eat you up." 
You've mentioned eating me twice now. Why is it on the forefront of your mind so much? 
For a moment though, Violet had a look in her eyes that truly scared Yukiro. Not out of fear for his own safety; he was scared for her. 
But it was only a moment. Violet let out a sigh and turned to go fight a new boar pup that had spawned, leaving Yukiro with his emotions for the time being. 
What should he do now? What should he say now? What could he say or do at this point? If he tried to push any further... No, he would be in the wrong if he did that. There was only one thing he could do now. 
And that was doing nothing at all. 
Yukiro scooted back and leaned against the tree. He'd wait for Violet to come back before speaking to her. Yukiro closed his eyes and tried to relax. He needed to become calm enough to act reasonably. 

@Violet Smith

Violet took note of Yukiro's absenceOddshe thought to herself. Usually he's much more talkative than that. However, she had to clear her mind and focus on the task at hand. She had to get this last boar pup. She activated her sword art and was about to charge at the beast when it came rushing at her unexpectedly. All she had time to do was hold her dagger up in defense. The beast ended up hitting her in the chest, dodging all of her defenses. She flew back a few feet, landing on Yukiro. "Oof," she said as she was thrown. Then she looked up at the tall man and smiled. "Oh, hi, there. Didn't mean to get thrown into you like this, but that little [censored] is surprisingly strong." She then quickly picked herself back up and prepared for another attack. This little boar pup was extremely feisty. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

round accel vs. boar pup 11
Roll ID#: 129398
BD: 4 fail 
CD: 4 fail
MD: 7 - 1 = 6 success

Violet: 65 - 1 = 64/80 HP | 1 + 1 - 2 = 0/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

boar pup 11: 3/5 HP | 3 DMG

Spoiler

Rank 1

• [x2 Stun] Side Bite (5 Energy) - Stab your opponent in both sides, pincing nerves, stunning opponent.
  • [x2] Round Accel (2 Energy) - Dash around target at high speeds, delivering two slash/stabs into target

Edited by Violet Smith

Yukiro had been sitting there quietly. He wasn't thinking. He was instead trying to empty his mind, to remove all outside influences so he could make calm, rational decisions. 
Yeah. Like that was gonna happen. 

Without warning Violet was sent crashing into Yukiro.  
"Oof!" 
"Oof!"
Violet looked up at Yukiro, smiling. Yukiro, once again going red, nearly pushed her off of him, but he withheld himself. 

"Oh, hi, there. Didn't mean to get thrown into you like this, but that little [censored] is surprisingly strong." 
"Hi. Good to see you again. Go kill a pig." 
Violet quickly picked herself back up and prepared for another attack. Yukiro watched her do so with a heavy sigh. This was getting more and more complicated for him. He couldn't afford feelings for people-- not like that. It was worse that she was a killer. 
"Be more careful, okay?"
Of course, he still had to be nice. After all, he had a small shred of chivalry left in him. 

@Violet Smith

"Be more careful, okay?"

Violet paused and looked back at him, a soft smile on her lips and a soft expression that followed it. This was uncharacteristic of her. "Thank you, Yukiro," she said gently, not with her usual harshness. She noticed his blush as well. This made her giggle softly to herself, hiding her amusement by turning back and facing the boar. 

However, she had been distracted for too long by Yukiro. As she turned back, she realized that the boar pup had already started to charge towards her. The only thing she could do that she had time for was move to the side. The boar pup flew right by Yukiro, barely missing him. It landed in a bush, its little rump sticking out of the foliage. Violet couldn't help but laugh at the site as the boar pup wiggled its way out of the shrubs. "Are you okay?" she asked him. She hadn't seen whether the boar pup had clipped him with its hooves or something. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 129401
BD: 1
CD: 3 fail
MD: 6 - 1 = 5 fail

Violet: 64/80 HP | 0 + 1 - 2 =0/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Edited by Violet Smith

Violet stopped and looked back at Yukiro, an uncharacteristically soft expression on her face. "Thank you, Yukiro," she said gently, not with her usual forced, harsh tone. 
Yukir was sure he heard a soft giggle right after he had blushed. 

No! I wasn't blushing! 
Violet turned away before Yukiro could voice his thoughts (not that he could anyway). But in the moment she turned away Violet's body whipped to the side, revealing a charging boar pup an instant away. Yukiro's instincts from years of training kicked in. His right leg and arm propelled him to the side, making the boar pup miss only slightly. He heard the pup crash into a bush or something.
Violet let out a laugh. "Are you okay?" she asked. 
Yukiro nodded, 
"A little shaken, but I'm fine. Thank you. For being concerned." 
You should laugh more. 
No! Stop!

@Violet Smith

"A little shaken, but I'm fine. Thank you. For being concerned." 

She smiled, bending down to help him up. She held out her hand. "Come on, let's get ya up so you don't get hit. I'll try to take out the little thing as soon as I can, okay?" she said. Then she turned to the angry boar pup, her eyes locking onto her target. She swung at the small thing, "Alright, you stupid thing. Stand still!" she said. But the boar pup did not listen, instead it dashed ahead behind her. It seemed to be trying to make this into some sort of game. Violet sighed and turned back towards Yukiro. "I'll try to hit it next time." She had never been this frustrated at a game before. She wished she could find the last tusk before too long. She looked up at the sky. So much time had passed that it was nearly half past 3. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

roll ID#: 129403
BD: 5 fail
CD: 1 fail
MD: 2 - 1 = 1 fail

Violet: 64/80 HP | 0 + 1 - 2 =0/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Edited by Violet Smith

Violet held out her hand, offering to help Yukiro up. She was still smiling. 
"Come on, let's get ya up so you don't get hit. I'll try to take out the little thing as soon as I can, okay?" 
Yukiro grinned and took her hand. "I hope so. I've gotten hungry since... earlier." 
Violet turned back to the tiny boar pup and swung at it. 
"Alright, you stupid thing. Stand still!" she commanded. The boar pup did not understand that it was being told to do something and ran behind her instead.
Yukiro almost smiled at the antics. 

Violet sighed and turned back towards Yukiro. "I'll try to hit it next time." 
Yukiro gave her a slight smile. "I know you can do it!"
Naturally it was at this relatively touching moment that Yukiro's stomach growled. He reflexively punched himself in the gut to stop the noise. It worked.

@Violet Smith

Violet smiled at the continued encouragement. It was nice hearing kind words for a change. She also couldn't help but giggle at the growling of his stomach. "Alright, alright, I hear ya. I'll try to hurry it up," she joked. Then she watched him punch himself. Straight in the stomach. Now, even to a killer, this was odd. She paused. "Uh, you okay there, bud?" she asked, a tinge of concern and curiosity in her voice. 

A crackling of leaves in front of her reminded her of the small beast that she had been fighting. "Oh, right," she said while lashing out with her blade, unfortunately missing. "I forgot you were there." She sighed. Another miss. How utterly tiring. 

She smiled and walked back over to Yukiro. She barely even reached his chest. "So, what do you feel like eating when we get back? Besides the ice cream, of course."  

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 129415
BD: 4 fail
CD: 12 (+2 energy)
MD: 2 - 1 = 1

Violet: 64/80 HP | 0 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 1/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Edited by Violet Smith

"Uh, you okay there, bud?" Violet asked after Yukiro had bashed his stomach, a tinge of concern and curiosity in her voice. 
Yukiro tried to smile brightly at her. "I'm fine! Just making the noise stop," he said as brightly as someone who had just been punched in the gut could be. 
"Oh, right," Violet said, lashing out at the boar pup with her blade, missing. "I forgot you were there," she sighed.
Violet smiled and walked back to Yukiro. "So, what do you feel like eating when we get back? Besides the ice cream, of course." 
Tch! She remembered! 
Yukiro thought about it for a moment. "I kind of feel like... a burrito. What about you? Do you want anything? Other than the ice cream," he made sure to ask in return. 
Violet barely came up to his chest. It was a little funny, but he did his best not to show it. "I can pay, if you want me too." 

@Violet Smith

"I'm fine! Just making the noise stop," 

"Um, okay then," she said, turning back to face the boar pup. However, the darn thing had run a good amount of distance while they had been talking. She decided to just turn back and keep the conversation instead of chasing after the darn thing once more. She would wait for it to come back to her. 

"I kind of feel like... a burrito. What about you? Do you want anything? Other than the ice cream,"

When he mentioned a burrito, her mouth began to water. "Yes! That will work perfectly!" she said excitedly. But when he offered to pay, she was more resistant. "No, I'll pay for the burritos since you'll be paying for the ice creams anyways." 

While waiting for the boar pup to come back and try to attack her, she began to play with her blade, tossing it around from hand to hand and catching it midair. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

round accel vs. boar pup 11
Roll ID#: 129419
BD: 1 ultra fail
CD: 3 fail
MD: 1 fail

Violet: 64/80 HP | 1+ 1 - 2 = 0/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

Edited by Violet Smith

"I kind of feel like... a burrito. What about you? Do you want anything? Other than the ice cream." 
To Yukiro's surprise, Violet didn't leave to go fight the boar while she talked. She stayed right by his side. 
"Yes! That will work perfectly!" she said excitedly, "No, I'll pay for the burritos since you'll be paying for the ice creams anyways." 
Did she really think he was going to let her pay for him? 
"N-No, there's really no need. I can pay for us both. Besides, I'm the one with more funds." 
Violet began to toy around with her knife, tossing it around between her hands and catching it midair. 
Yukiro glanced around and focused on the boar pup that was running around, so intent on not letting Violet stab it. Well, that much was understandable. But it was still a little sad to watch. Sighing heavily, Yukiro leaned back against the tree. 
"You know, I could also go for a nap pretty soon." Yukiro entertained himself by watching Violet play with her knife.

@Violet Smith

"N-No, there's really no need. I can pay for us both. Besides, I'm the one with more funds."

Violet sighed and gave in. "Alright, I'll allow you to pay just this once," she said. 

Then she turned back to the boar pup. It had started charging back towards her. Good. Now is my chance to end this. She slashed down with her dagger, the blade glowing red as her bleed enchantment activated. The boar pup bust into pixels. She crossed her fingers once more and she bent down and checked for loot. "Yes! It's the final one! Now we can finally go back and craft the potion things!" she exclaimed. She was so excited that she practically took down Yukiro in a hug, jumping up and wrapping her arms around him happily. "I finally did it." 

She realized what she had done and then quickly dropped down from around his neck. "Um, I'll go ahead and lead the way back to town," she said, a bit embarrassed that she had lost control of herself for a second. 

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Roll ID#: 129420
BD: 9 (+1 crit)
CD: 12 (+2 energy)

loot of boar pup 11
Roll ID#: 129421
LD: 18 +1 material

Violet: 64/80 HP | 0 + 1 - 1 + 1 = 1/8 EN | 2 DMG | 9 MIT | BLEED (1/2) | 1 EVA | 1 RECOVERY

vs. 

boar pup 11: 3 - (2 + 1) - 12 = 0/5 HP | 3 DMG

3/3 boar pups found

Edited by Violet Smith

"Alright, I'll allow you to pay just this once." 
"I'll let you pay when you have more money than me, okay?" 
Violet turned away from him. She must have heard the boar pup charging toward them. She activated a sword art (knife art?) and slashed down with her dagger,  causing bleed to activate. The boar pup's health dropped to red before draining completely. It bust into pixels. A small loot window appeared in front of Violet. 
"Yes! It's the final one! Now we can finally go back and craft the potion things!" she exclaimed excitedly.
To Yukiro's utter shock Violet excitedly grabbed him in a hug, hanging off of his neck. "I finally did it." 
Yukiro went very red before she dropped down from the sudden embrace. 
"Um, I'll go ahead and lead the way back to town," she said. 
Yukiro looked away quickly, trying to hide his redness. 
"Y-yeah. I'll follow you. Good job, by the way." 

@Violet Smith

"I'll let you pay when you have more money than me, okay?"

Violet grinned, taking this as a challenge. "Okay, I plan on making more then." 

Then after the embrace, as she turned away from Yukiro, she heard him say, "Y-yeah. I'll follow you. Good job, by the way."

She cleared her throat, hoping for her voice not to crack in embarrassment as she squeaked out, "T-thank you." 

They soon made their way back to town. Violet hopped up the stairs of the blacksmith's shop and slammed the boar pup tusks down on the counter. "Do you know how freaking long it took me to gather these stupid things?!" she yelled, a fire in her eyes and in her voice. 

However, the NPC just went about his usual dialogue. "Ah, I see you've gathered all the materials! Good job, young woman. Now here is your reward!" he said while presenting her with a light armor enchanted with one slot of mitigation. 

This is no better than me own armor, she thought to herself, sighing as she took it from the old man. "Thanks... I guess. And let me guess, you want me to deliver another package?"

"Ah, right you are! Would you be so kind as to deliver this package to Hannah? She should be near the main square," Lyle said as she handed her a package. 

Violet grabbed it and muttered, "Alright..." Then she looked up and motioned to Yukiro that it was his turn to turn in the quest. 

@Yukiro

The pair made their way into town. Once they got to Lyle's shop Violet unleashed some of her anger at the NPC.
"Do you know how freaking long it took me to gather these stupid things?!" she yelled loudly. 
"Ah, I see you've gathered all the materials! Good job, young woman. Now here is your reward!" 
Yukiro had to try not to laugh at the NPC's generic response. He watched him give Violet the usual armor. 

"Thanks... I guess. And let me guess, you want me to deliver another package?" 
"Ah, right you are! Would you be so kind as to deliver this package to Hannah? She should be near the main square." 
"Alright..." She motioned for Yukiro to turn to turn in the quest as well. Yukiro nodded and took the items out of his inventory, handing them to the blacksmith. He didn't bother listening to his monologue as the NPC started to speak. 
"Now then. I think I owed you some ice cream. And you skipped your free ride," he recalled. 

@Violet Smith

"Now then. I think I owed you some ice cream. And you skipped your free ride,Yukiro said. 

"Awe, crap! You're right," she said, remembering that he had offered the ride. "Hm, how about you give me a ride to the ice cream shop then?" she suggested. But she began climbing up him without waiting for an answer. Once on top of his shoulders, she perched there perfectly. "Onward!" she said, pointing ahead. She felt like a little kid up here. In fact, in comparison to Yukiro, she looked like a little kid. She frowned for a second at that thought. 

"Oh, also, I have no clue where to get ice cream around here, so I'll leave it up to you to find a place." While Yukiro headed to a place where they could get some delicious ice cream, Violet began to hum the melancholy tune from earlier. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the sun shining down on her back. Today was a good day. A good day indeed, she thought to herself. 

@Yukiro

"Awe, crap! You're right. Hm, how about you give me a ride to the ice cream shop then?" 
Yukiro was going to accept, Violet climbed him without waiting for an answer, so he didn't. She perched on his shoulders perfectly. 
"Onward!"
 she commanded, pointing ahead. Yukiro started walking. 
"So, where do you--" 
"Oh, also, I have no clue where to get ice cream around here, so I'll leave it up to you to find a place." 
"... Alright then. I think I know a place," he said as he started to carry her to a cafe on the east wing of town. 
Violet began to hum the tune from earlier. Yukiro listened closely as she created the entrancing music. 
"That's a beautiful song," he commented, "You must really like it to know the tune so well." 
As he spoke Yukiro approached the cafe that he was seeking out. He wasn't sure if Violet would want to get down yet, so he just stood by the entrance and waited for Violet to get bored. 

@Violet Smith

"You must really like it to know the tune so well."

"Yeah, a good friend taught it to me a long time ago..." she said quietly, continuing to hum the tune until they got to the ice cream shop. Once Yukiro stopped in front of a shop, she took it as a signal meaning that they were at the right spot. She jumped down nimbly and opened the door, racing into the shop excitedly. Before the shop keeper could even greet her, Violet began to blurt out her order. "A waffle cone with one scoop of chocolate, one scoop of pistachio, and sprinkled on top, please." She was like a kid in a candy store and was so ecstatic that she had actually remembered to say "please". The shop keeper smiled and immediately made her order. "Here you go!" the NPC said. 

"Yes!" Violet cried out, taking the ice cream and immediately biting into the pistachio scoop on the top. Then she looked up at Yukiro. "You can go now," she said, smiling and happy as she could be. 

@Yukiro

Yukiro smiled as he watched Violet order. She looked like a small child. And even more so when she eagerly started eating the ice cream. 
"You can go now," she said, smiling brightly. 
Yukiro almost scoffed. 
"All of that and all I get is 'you can go now'? he asked with a slight smile. With a sigh he turned to walk away. "I suppose I'll be seeing you again soon. Please try not to get into trouble before then, okay?" 
Yukiro didn't wait for a response before starting to walk away. "And don't forget, you owe me a secret!" He had to wonder while he walked. What should he ask? One this stood out to him in particular, something she had said. 
"You have white hair like him." 
Like who? Who had she been thinking of that time? Who did he remind Violet of? 
He had the feeling the answer would be more intense than he hoped. But that didn't mean Yukiro didn't want to know. 
But it could wait until next time.

@Violet Smith