[F02 - PP] ...Like Banging Your Head Against a Wall <<Breaking the Unbreakable>>

In Combat (Sorta)

Spoiler

KogaHP: 180/180 // EN: 17/18 (17 +1 -1) // DMG: 2 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

The Boulder: HP: 35/50 (37 -2) // EVA: -2
ID: 129905
BD: 11 (7 +2 +2) >>Success<<
DMG: 2 -0 = 2
CD: 1 <<Recovery Failed>>

Koga absently watched as Noctua walked up to the Boulder and punched it...well...if you could call that a punch...'Teach Noct how to actually hit things...' Koga thought to himself, making a mental note.

"Sorry, I've just been in a bad mood lately." Yuki said as NIGHT took out her frustration by kicking the Boulder. Did something happen between those two? Before Koga could ask, Yukiro walked up to the boulder and hit it again, before returning to stand by Koga's side.
"Anyway, go wail on the thing some more. I get a feeling you should get out as much stress as you can. You might get a lot more of it soon enough."
"Cryptic..." Koga commented before taking Yuki's advice...Koga was always stressed. Like high blood pressure, panic attack, about to have a mental break down, should probably be on meds, stressed. He was just good at hiding it. Most of the time.

Koga was pleasantly surprised to find that the Boulder had already lost about a quarter of its health. Another practiced punch, and another sliver of HP disappeared.

Koga went back to stand next to Yuki again, "You wanna talk about it? Or do you just wanna beat the crap out of a bunch of things?" Koga had a feeling that he knew which one Yuki would pick though.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Combat:

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 1 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

The Boulder: HP: 34(35-1)/50 // EVA: -2

ID: 129906
BD: 11 (8 +1 +2) >>HIT<<
DMG: 1

She smiled and nodded, "You're welcome." She watched though at NIGHT walked over to the boulder and kicked it. Huh, that seemed like a sound logic, she was pretty decent at kicking at least. Punching, no, kicking yes. Yuki and Koga seemed to be deep in whatever conversation that they were having, so she decided that leaving them be was going to be the sure fire way to go with that. So instead, she let them get their hits in, and she looked at her feet. Well, either way, a kick or a punch is going to kill her, so why not just kick the boulder and see about getting this done and out of the way. She might have to have a long talk with Koga about his version of having fun doing quests for things. Yeah, that might be on the agenda for sure. Just thinking on that she sighed and walked back over to the boulder, placing it between herself and the two men, just to kick the thing. Yay, one more health gone from it.

@NIGHT

Edited by Noctua

NIGHT had ears too, y'know. And she gave Koga and Yukiro a knowing dissatisfied look for a splinter of a second before resuming her efforts to take down the boulder. Gathering what anguish began to resurface itself, she took that silver and belted it out against the rock in a pitiful kick.

One damage.

...Look, she's trying her best, alright? The woman groaned, placing her hands on the boulder to try and move it. No dice. She clicked her tongue, annoyed. "It would've been easier if we could just pick it up--" she gestured, "-- and throw it off the side of a cliff or something," she further motioned, violently wriggling her arms and fingers as she did.

With a sigh, she stepped back, allowing the others to continue wailing on the rock before she gave it a try again. Right, she was here to make conversation too. "So, any plans for the future? I heard housing was for sale, any of you going for that?"

@Yukiro

ID: 129938 | BD: 11 (7, +2, +2)
Basic attack vs The Boulder. (-1 HP)

The Boulder | HP: 33/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

NIGHT | HP: 220/220 | EN: 20/22 (+1, -1) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 1

Edited by NIGHT
Spoiler

The Boulder | HP: 50/50 | EVA: -2
ID# 129944 | BD: 7
Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN: 28/28 | 3 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 2 HEAVY MOMENTUM | 1 REG 
The Boulder: HP 30/50 (-3)

"Cryptic..." Koga commented. 
Not really. It's just a feeling. I can't be more specific then that without try to predict the future. 
Koga managed to punch out another bit of the rock. They were actually making good progress. That was a pleasant surprise to Yukiro. Once Koga had finished punching the giant stone he came back to Yukiro. 
"You wanna talk about it? Or do you just wanna beat the crap out of a bunch of things?
Yukiro let out a heavy sigh. "I appreciate your concern, really," he spoke quietly, "But I shouldn't talk about it. Not yet, at least." 
As he finished saying it Yukiro walked over to the rock and delivered another powerful blow. The rock lost another bit of it's HP. Hm. Not as much as Yukiro had wanted to deal per blow. 
He was a little disappointed as he returned to Koga's side. "Go kill it." He spoke with less anger than before. Not that his words weren't still saturated by it. 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

In Combat (Sorta)

Spoiler

KogaHP: 180/180 // EN: 17/18 (17 +1 -1) // DMG: 2 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

The Boulder: HP: 28/50 (30 -2) // EVA: -2
ID: 129992
BD: 9 (5 +2 +2) >>Success<<
CD: 4 <<Recovery Failed>>

"I appreciate your concern, really," Yukiro said quietly, "but I shouldn't talk about it. Not yet, at least." Without another word, Yukiro walked up to the Boulder and struck it again. As he did this, Koga stole a glance towards Noctua and NIGHT, only to see NIGHT glaring at him and Yukiro. While the man's face was passive and unreadable, the gears of his mind were turning. 'So something did happen between them...'

Yukiro returned to Koga's side, clearly still disgruntled, "Go kill it."
"When you're ready to talk, you know where to find me," Koga said, before walking up to the Boulder and striking it. His mind was elsewhere though, and though he still struck the giant Boulder, he did little damage to it. Thankfully, the damned thing was almost in the yellow. The man walked away from the Boulder and crossed his arms as he took his place once more. Things were becoming very interesting for a rather boring quest...

@Noctua

Edited by Koga

In Combat:

Spoiler

Noctua: HP: 180 // EN: 18/18 // DMG: 1 // EVA: 1 // MIT: 18 // ACC: 1 // REGEN: 1 // RECOVERY: 1

The Boulder: HP: 28/50 // EVA: -2

ID: 130004
BD: 5 (2 +1 +2) >>FAIL<<
DMG: >>MISS<<

She looked at NIGHT and nodded lightly. "Yeah, would make things so much easier." Being able to just push the darned thing off a cliff would make things easier by a lot. She looked over at Koga and Yukiro once more and could tell nothing but...tension? Oi vey... But her attention went back to the boulder when it was her turn and as she went to kick the thing and she missed all because she stopped to soon. Oh well, wasn't like her one damage seemed to do much anyways. She stepped back and sighed lightly before looking at NIGHT.

"I might. It's just still a crud ton of Col so there is a lot of saving up to do still." She didn't know what was going on, but there seemed to be glares from NIGHT directed in the direction of the men. Did she want to get involved, probably not at this point. So instead, she just looked at the boulder and started to wonder if there were any explosives near by.

@NIGHT

Edited by Noctua

"That's what I heard," she continued, stepping up to the plate. She gave the rock a swift kick, bumping a chip off its long health block, before stepping back, shaking off the pain from her foot. "Tough rock," she muttered in annoyance.

"I bet it beats sleeping in my workshop, though," NIGHT pondered, burying her mouth behind a hand in thought. "As much as I like the place I've got, it's not as much room as I would like to have. Plus..."

"... Having a garden... sounds nice..." she murmured, a wistful, peaceful expression growing on her face as she looked to the ground. "-- Or a pool? Yeah, that'd be amazing..." The woman was practically bubbly sick at this point imagining her would-be home, eyes away from the problem as she continued imagining it. "I wonder if the system has any problems with modern-style houses," she continued contemplating, "I mean, I don't mind a small cottage if they'll let me, haha...~"

@Yukiro

ID: 130030 | BD: 7 (3, +2, +2)
Basic attack vs The Boulder. (-1 HP)

The Boulder | HP: 27/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

Edited by NIGHT
Spoiler

The Boulder | HP: 50/50 | EVA: -2
ID# 130037 | BD: 6 (2+2+2)
 Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN: 28/28 | 3 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 2 HEAVY MOMENTUM | 1 REG 
 The Boulder: HP 24/50 (-3)

"When you're ready to talk, you know where to find me," Koga said as he walked up to the big rock and started punching it. Naturally, little damage was done. That said, their combined efforts were making slow but steady progress; they had already nearly halved the thing's health. There was something good Yukiro could focus on. He couldn't say it was a very interesting quest, nor that the company was making it more so, but... Well, he was at least able to just let his anger out in small bursts here. Maybe he'd have to take this quest again. 
"Koga," he said softly, "Tell me if anything ever happens, alright? I can't tell you my problems. But maybe, maybe we can exchange problems," he offered, sitting down in the dirt. "Also... Thanks for calling me out here. I needed to blow off the steam." Yukiro's eyes snapped back up to Koga. "You still owe me one though. No getting out of that." 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro

In Combat (Sorta)

Spoiler

KogaHP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 (17 +1 -1 +1) // DMG: 2 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

The Boulder: HP: 22/50 (24 -2) // EVA: -2
ID: 130091
BD: 12 (8 +2 +2) >>Success<<
CD: 7 >>Recovery Activated<<

Koga wasn't paying too much attention to ladies at this point, more so concerned for his friend. Before anyone says anything, yes, Koga may have kidnapped him and force fed him at an inn...but there were good intentions! Yukiro was among the few people in SAO Koga truly saw as a friend.
"Koga," the snow haired man said quietly, almost a whisper, "Tell me if anything ever happens, alright? I can't tell you my problems. But maybe, maybe we can exchange problems." The man sat back down besides Koga after dropping the Boulder's health into the yellow, and Koga nodded in understanding as he cracked his knuckles again. Yukiro spoke once more before Koga went to go do his thing, "Also... Thanks for calling me out here. I needed to blow off the steam. You still owe me one though. No getting out of that."
Koga smirked a little as he started to walk towards the Boulder, "Wouldn't have it any other way."

The Boulder was yellow now. That was good, they were slowly powering through this. Another punch, another measly two HP gone. Good stuff.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

The Boulder: HP: 21(22-1)/50 // EVA: -2

ID: 130108
BD: 9 (6 +1 +2)

Noctua nodded lightly, "Yeah, I love the shop, but that's why I still have my Inn room. The shop doesn't have a bath. And a bath is seriously going to be needed after this." She shot a glare over at Koga for a brief second before focusing back on NIGHT and the boulder. "I wonder if the game has explosives though. Because, I could take quick care of this thing."

She thought on houses for a moment before she walked over to the rock and kicked it again. She didn't bother trying to put effort, it wasn't like she was actually going to do more than one health taking hits. She was weak damn it, it even showed in her normal combat. Anyways, walking back to NIGHT and nodded, "I'm sure the game wouldn't mind it. And if it does, we might be strong enough by the end of this to kick it into submission." Yeah, she was starting to get a little bitter with this stupid rock.

@NIGHT

Edited by Noctua

"Inn room?" NIGHT's dazzling smiles and sweet dreams fell away to a sour look, her thoughts surrounded by nightmares. She shivered. "I'd rather sleep on a bench than go back to one of those on the first floor," she admitted, her arms crossed in defense. "I-- They're so worn down by now, I really can't..."

She channeled her fear and terror towards the boulder, imagining it as a tiny, malevolent, threatening bug she had to share her room with -- n-no, no more. One tougher kick would surely send it flying, right?!

-- Two points of damage.

NIGHT sighed, still shaking, stepping back and trying to keep her cool. She nodded in tandem to Noctua's thoughts, her dissatisfaction towards the boulder. "If I were that strong," she commented, eyes still seeing the horrors of her pre-adventurous life, "The first thing I'd do is polish up those inn rooms again... Clean walls, no stains, shiny floorboards..."

"... And definitely, 100%, no bugs."

@Yukiro

ID: 130113 | BD: 13 (9, +2, +2)
Basic attack vs The Boulder.
1 + 1 = 2 DMG

The Boulder | HP: 19/50 (-2) | EVA: -2

Edited by NIGHT
Spoiler

The Boulder HP: 50/50 | EVA: -2
ID# 130119 | BD: 9
 Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN: 28/28 | 3 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 2 HEAVY MOMENTUM | 1 REG 
 The Boulder: HP 19/50 (3+2= 5 dmg)

Koga nodded, cracked his knuckles again, and the man smirked a tad as he started to walk to the Boulder, "Wouldn't have it any other way." Yukiro smirked. He wasn't a bad guy at all. Maybe he could even consider him a friend. 
Out of the corner of his eye, Yukiro noticed Noctua shooting a glare at at Koga for on only a brief moment. What was that about? ... He decided not to mention it to Koga. It might be dangerous. 
The big, bulky rock's health was down to yellow now. That was good, they were Finally making progress. NIGHT and Noctua had decided to kick the rock rather than punching it. Hm, not a bad strategy. 
Not that Yukiro was gonna be doing that. 
He stood up and launched himself at the boulder, slamming his fist into the stone with enough force make the first significant crack. Yukiro smiled at the break. That was something to be proud of. 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

KogaHP: 180/180 // EN: 17/18 (18 -1) // DMG: 2 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

The Boulder: HP: 17/50 (19 -2) // EVA: -2
ID: 130331
BD:  8 (4 +2 +2) >>Success<<

The ladies had resorted to kicking the Boulder now as they chatted, and Koga couldn't help but notice Noctua flashing him a glare. The man chuckled and gave her a nervous smile and wave. He wasn't sure if she was mad at him because he'd dragged them all into this quest, or for something else, but he knew he was gonna get it later...Better start running now, Koga.

NIGHT managed to knock off a whole two points of damage! Koga wasn't quite sure what had gotten into the girl, but she'd hit the Boulder like she were trying to squash a bug...huh...maybe Koga should try that...

Yukiro was up next, and boy did he hit. A crack fissured through the Boulder with an audible snapping sound. Hell yeah. "Damn...good hit," Koga said as Yuki walked back towards him, "Almost in the red. We'll be done soon, hopefully."

Koga walked up to the Boulder this time. He tried NIGHT's method and pretended there was a bug on the Boulder and tried to squash it. Another two HP. Great.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

The Boulder: HP: 16(17-1)/50 // EVA: -2

ID: 130338
BD: 8 (5 +1 +2) >>HIT<<

Well at least the rock was almost in the red now. She looked at NIGHT though when she sounded, shocked. This turned Noct a bit more curious then. "I'd rather sleep on a bench than go back to one of those on the first floor. I-- They're so worn down by now, I really can't..." Something about that told Noct that it was more than just them being worn down. But she just shook her head. "The one I'm in, I've been in since day one. Probably not the best on the pocketbook, but hey, it's a roof over the head right. I think I spend about two hours a night cleaning that place."

She took her turn to walk up to the boulder and she kicked it again. Hey look, another one point of damage done. That made her feel so much better about this being done and over with. She had noticed that possibly both Yukiro and Koga caught her glancing glare. Eh, she would just thank her lovely boyfriend later about this oh so amazing quest. She looked back at NIGHT though and she chuckled. "There is a reason I clean all of the time. Keeps the bugs from hitting my room. Just let me know if you need some help cleaning a room, I'll come and make sure the bugs stay out."

@NIGHT

Edited by Noctua

"A-ack! N-no, no thank you," NIGHT quickly added, shuddering still when Noctua confirmed that there were more bugs lurking about the premises of the inns on Floor 1. Not even when she cleaned the room she was given adequately she'd be free of them -- and the reverse was the same; she wasn't bent on getting the room too clean if it meant encountering...

"I couldn't possibly--- impose! Yeah! Let's go with that!" She shot her friend a big, wide, non-convincing grin before waving at her, almost running towards the rock in fear away from the conversation. One quick kick, herself still quaking from the idea of bugs, and one point of damage was chipped off.

She returned slowly to Noctua, a grave look still on her face. "I- I'm... I-It's alright, really. I use the public baths, they're at least more well maintained," she gulped, "A-and I sleep in the comfort of my own workshop! W-where there's no bugs."

Nyanko would've eaten them all.

@Yukiro

ID: 130343 | BD: 9 (5, +2, +2)
Basic attack vs The Boulder. (-1 DMG)

The Boulder | HP: 15/50 (-1) | EVA: -2

NIGHT | HP: 220/220 | EN: 19/22 (+1, -1) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 1

Edited by NIGHT
Spoiler

ID# 130379 | BD: 9 (5+2+2)
 Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN: 28/28 | 3 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 2 HEAVY MOMENTUM | 1 REG 
 The Boulder: HP 12/50 (-3)

"Damn...good hit," Koga complimented Yukiro, "Almost in the red. We'll be done soon, hopefully.
Yukiro just nodded, sitting down and watching the others take their turn. NIGHT dealt a good amount of damage with a kick, Noctua doing a little less with her own kick. Koga once again punched the thing, dealing another fair amount o damage. Together they reduced the large stone's HP bit by bit. Ah, right, Yukiro should join in. 
He got up and walked past the others without a single word, twisting back and delivering another shattering punch to the stone's surface. He didn't bother to check the damage this time. Instead he just turned and walked away from the rock once again, though this time he glanced at the others and tried to look a little positive. 
He wasn't sure if he succeeded or not, at least but he had tried. 
He returned to what had become his usual place to sit and sat down. 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

KogaHP: 180/180 // EN: 18/18 (17 +1 -1) // DMG: 2 // EVA: 2 // MIT: 0 // ACC: 2 // REGN: 5 // RECV: 1

The Boulder: HP: 10/50 (12 -2) // EVA: -2
ID: 130385
BD: 9 (5 +2 +2) >>Success<<
CD: 2 <<Recovery Failed>>

Yukiro merely nodded at Koga's compliment and observation. That was fine by him.

Noct and NIGHT continued to kick the Boulder, chipping away its health slowly. Almost red.

Yukiro stood up and delivered another punch and the health bar went red. Koga's lips pulled back into a grin. With that, they were almost done.

It was Koga's turn now, and the man walked up to the Boulder and struck it for the...okay he'd lost count how many times he'd punched the damn thing. This time however, a small chunk of the Boulder broke off and hit the dirt with a thud, kicking up dirt before disappearing into a curtain of blue fragments.

The man walked back to his spot and sat down. He was sweaty, he was tired, and his knuckles were a shade of red they were not supposed to be. Just a little more. Just a little more and then they could all go get some good food, and have a good time.

@Noctua

Edited by Koga
Spoiler

The Boulder: HP: 10/50 // EVA: -2

ID: 130386
BD: 1 >>CRITICAL FAIL<<
DMG: >>MISS<<

Noct honestly didn't know how to respond to NIGHT. Noct personally never noticed bugs, but that was probably just because she was a clean freak. And well, everyone was entitled to sleep where they wanted to sleep. Plus it seemed like she wanted that conversation to be over almost. Plus, Noctua was starting to get mad at this giant rock for not wanting to die and she was getting hungry and her foot was starting to hurt. Was it possible for her to just poke the thing and see if that was to do any kind of damage? Probably not. She would just have to kick the things again.

So, up she walked gearing up to kick the rock. Only, she kicked the ground instead and basically yelped. Yeah, that was going to hurt for a bit. With a limp, she walked back to her spot and plopped on the ground. She was officially done with this quest and the next time someone was to ask her to come and hit a rock, she was going to throw a rock at them. Yeah, that sounded like a perfect plan. No more rocks, no more people wanting to punch rocks. Sitting on her spot on the ground she pulled her foot to her lap and worked on removing a boot for the time being.

Note to self for anyone who needs it, Do Not Kick The Ground. Noctua sat on the ground and just lightly rubbed her foot, at this point watching the others and waiting for it to be her turn to potentially break something. Hopefully. Was this going to bruise? More than likely. Was it broken? Hell, she wouldn't know until she was able to get back to her room and actually asses the foot. Now, she was grumbling things under her breath while staring at the rock with a murderous look in her eye. Noctua, with a murderous look, oh boy.

@NIGHT

Edited by Noctua

The rock must be having a field day here. As Noctua kicked the dirt instead, she began limping back to where she was before. A look of surprised dawned on NIGHT as she did, and the woman began to ask as her friend sat down, beginning to check on herself.

"Y-you alright there? If it hurts you shouldn't kick the rock anymore." Her tone was of grave concern, as she tried running through the home treatments she could apply in their situation. Too bad there was no ice though, but at the very least she had an idea of what to do.

Call her boyfriend.

"Hey Koga!" NIGHT yelled over, standing up with a wave. As she was passing the rock, she gave it a hard punch -- one that could've damaged her knuckles. It didn't do anything, in fact it felt like her hand was crushed more than the rock was. Waving her hand behind her back and wincing, she muttered an apology to Noctua about her own revenge, before reaching the two guys positioned on the grass.

"Koga, do you think you can take a look at Noctua's foot? She might need to be carried back to town after this," NIGHT informed, the men, solemn.

@Yukiro

ID: 130410 | BD: 5 (1, +2, +2)
NIGHT missed!

The Boulder | HP: 10/50 | EVA: -2

NIGHT | HP: 220/220 | EN: 18/22 (+1, -2) | ACC: 2 | DMG: 1

Edited by NIGHT
Spoiler

ID# 130449 | BD: 6 (2+2+2)
 Yukiro: HP 280/280 | EN: 28/28 | 3 DMG | 2 ACC | 18 MIT | 2 HEAVY MOMENTUM | 1 REG 
 The Boulder: HP 7/50 (-3)

Koga approached the rock and gave it a solid blow with his fist. A chunk of the rock broke off and fell to the ground. It was a good blow. The rock was nearing the end. And so was Yukiro's patience. Noctua walked up to the big, burly bolder next. But when she went to kick it her foot didn't connect with the rock, it hit the ground instead, and with a lot of force. She let out a yelp that told Yukiro that she was in immense pain. Yukiro stood up, meaning to go and check on her, but wasn't sure if he'd be welcome in his foul mood. So he just ended up standing there for a moment. 
Right, the rock. He should go punch that. 
Yukiro walked up to the big stone and delivered a smashing blow. Bits were flying off the boulder at this point. It would split at any moment now. 

@Koga

Edited by Yukiro