[F01 - PP] There Is Always A Bigger Fish <<The Fourth Lesson, Is Actually Free>>

Spoiler

Level: 10
HP: 200
Energy: 20
DMG: 3 || ACC: 3 || MIT: 9

Skills:
» Curved Sword - Rank 1

Equipped:
» Okami [Rare Curved Sword [Damage // Accuracy]]
» Arrow Ring [Rare Ring [Accuracy // Accuracy]]
» Sturdy Jacket [Uncommon Light Armor [Mitigation]]

Battle Ready Inventory:
» (3) Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP)
» (5) Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
» (1) Tier One Damage Potion. (+1 Damage)
» (1) Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP)

She was still holding onto the fishing pole. Drama had been started the day before, and she honestly didn't know how Yukiro felt about it. Things seemed to be a giant mess now, oops. Eh, put that behind you Tala. Things will end up how they needed to end up. But there was still the one minor problem of Yukiro. She opened her messages and quickly typed one out to Yukiro.

Hey Yukiro, I don't know if you want to join me, but I am going to do the final beginner quest. I'll wait for you at the town's entrance if you want to join.

She quickly hit send and started to walk to the town's entrance. She might have royally messed things up. She didn't know what her brother was thinking anymore, and that might be because of the things that she blurted out when fighting him and his owl. Of course, she dragged Yukiro into that fight, so he was probably going to be mad at her for that. She leaned against the wall and she waited. If he didn't show up her entire giant master plan might have been ruined yesterday.

@Yukiro

Spoiler

Yukiro

LEVEL 24
480 HP | 48 EN | 11 DMG | 3 ACC | 18 MIT | 3 EVA | 1 REG 

Skills:
2H Straight Sword - Rk 5

Skill Mods:
Familiar Mastery Accurate Rk 3

Equipped:

• "Sterondight" - 2H Straight Sword (T1 Perfect) DMG x3
  • "Nightmare Overcoat" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) MIT x2 Prevent 18 damage from successful attacks against you | REG x1 After taking damage, gain Regen at the beginning of your next turn. Heal 5 HP every turn for three rounds. Damage over time effects (Bleed, Poison) will not trigger Regen. Does not stack with Battle Healing. Taking damage while Regen is active will refresh it to its full duration.
  • "Ravenfeather Treads" - Light Armor (T1 - Perfect) EVA x3 Reduces the die value by 3 on an enemy’s attack against you. Cannot be used to avoid a critical hit.

Equipped Vanity Items:

• "Amber Clover Pendant" - Vanity - LD x2
  • "Witcher's Vambraces" - Vanity - Thorns x2

Familiar: 

• Yumi - Familiar Mastery: Accurate rk 3 - ACC x3

Battle-ready Items:

T1 Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP) x5
Starter Healing Potions (Heals 50 HP) x3
Crystal of Agile Dragon Wings (Teleport crystal) x2
T1 Damage Potion. (+1 Damage) x1
T1 Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP) x2

Yukiro was laying on a roof. Why was he laying on a roof? Because he was feeling kinda down. Why wasn't he on his bench? Because some arrogant jerk in golden armor was already there. He was trying not to think of these things when he heard a ding that told him he had gotten a message. He checked it. Oh, it was from Tala. Yeah, that was why he was down in the first place. 

To: Yukiro
Hey Yukiro, I don't know if you want to join me, but I am going to do the final beginner quest. I'll wait for you at the town's entrance if you want to join.

The fourth lesson, huh... He had to admit, he was a little mad at her. Tala had said some really nasty things the other day, things that she had clearly not been sorry for. 
Sitting up Yukiro closed his menu and rubbed his back. Yeah, even if she'd done something wrong, it was still Tala. He stood up and meandered to the edge of the roof, being careful when he hopped off. He didn't wanna end up doing what Apollo did. 
Eventually he ended up at the town's entrance. Tala was still waiting, just like she'd said. 
"Hey. Are you doing alright? After yesterday?" 
He just wanted to make sure whatever was eating at her wasn't still doing so. 

@Tala

Edited by Yukiro
Spoiler

Tala: HP: 200/200 || EN: 20/20 || DMG: 3 || ACC: 3 || MIT: 9

Maybe he wasn't about to show up. Well, that was going to put a damper on what she had to do next in the quest line. But that was also going to make things a little more difficult for the rest of her plot. She closed her eyes as she thought on things. Perhaps she should have kept her mouth shut yesterday. That might have been a good thing, but that damned owl just seemed to bring out the worse in Tala. Yukiro didn't message her back, she might have actually pushed him away.

"Hey. Are you doing alright? After yesterday?" Her eyes snapped open when she heard that familiar voice. A small smile played on her lips, half real half fake. Of course, it would take a really good eye to be able to determine that. "Truthfully, no. But it's probably best to just not talk on it, I think. I don't know anymore. It's complicated." She glanced up at him for a moment before that glance was soon gone. Well, just looking at him was hard, this was going to be fun today wasn't it.

@Yukiro

Tala's eyes opened when Yukiro spoke. She got a small smile. "Truthfully, no. But it's probably best to just not talk on it, I think. I don't know anymore. It's complicated."
She glanced up at him for just a moment before looking away again. 
Yukiro looked at her for a moment. Something was clearly still wrong, but he didn't want to pry if he didn't have to. So he'd wait, for a little bit at least. 

"Alright, I won't as then. But if you want to talk, about anything at all," Yukiro tried to speak softly, "I'll listen."
"Now then,"
 he continued without waiting for a response, "This time it's the fourth lesson, right? I haven't done this one before, so let me know what I'm in for on the way, alright?" 
It took a bit of effort, but Yukiro gave Tala the best smile he could manage. "Though I have a few ideas based on the fishing pole. Are we getting to go fishing?" 
Brilliant observation Yukiro. Fishing poles are, in fact, used for fishing. 

@Tala

Spoiler

He didn't say anything at first, and she started to wonder if he was going to ask on it still. She wouldn't blame him or anyone else who would have wanted to ask. Complicated made for fun right? "Alright, I won't as then. But if you want to talk, about anything at all, I'll listen." He was speaking softly, and that probably wasn't a good thing. "I'll come running to you Yukiro." She probably could have said more, but he was pulling a her. She didn't know if it was because he was bothered or not, though, to be honest, it was more than likely all her fault.

"Now then. This time it's the fourth lesson, right? I haven't done this one before, so let me know what I'm in for on the way, alright?" She looked at him and nodded, only to see a smile that wasn't like the ones that she had gotten yesterday. Yeah, there's that rift she feared was going to happen. Whelp, nothing that she could do about it right now, right? "Though I have a few ideas based on the fishing pole. Are we getting to go fishing?"  She looked to the fishing poll then and shrugged.

"Honestly, I have no clue. I just know that this needs to be delivered to Ol' Pete." Her voice was soft as she pushed herself from the wall and turned to start heading to the lake where the NPC was supposed to be. See, she would have asked her brother, but yesterday happened.

@Yukiro

"I'll come running to you Yukiro.
That warmed Yukiro's heart, just a little. It was good to know that she would come to him when she was ready. 

"Honestly, I have no clue. I just know that this needs to be delivered to Ol' Pete," Tala said quietly. She turned and started off, probably expecting Yukiro to follow along. Which he did. Yukiro quickly caught up with Tala and walked at her side, though not as close as he did yesterday. He wasn't sure he should. Even if he wanted to. 
What is going on in your head, Tala? 

Yukiro cleared his throat. "So. Um..." he realized he had nothing to ask her anymore. Come on, think... "Oh! How's your shop been doing, Tala? I noticed you opened one! A performer, right? I remembered you liked to sing and play... uh... saxophone?" 
He really hoped he remembered that correctly. He never dropped by there did he? He needed to do that sometime. 

@Tala

Spoiler

Silence and a half-ass smile on her face. In her mind, she was just wondering if she just messed up everything that she had going for her. A brother who loved her, a guy who she could have fallen for, and possibly a good sister-in-law. But no, Tala's jealousy had to get in the way. It always did. Nothing ever went right when she was around, but she never wanted to see it that way. Nope, she was just going to continue her plan at this point, mainly because it can't be stopped.

The next thing was set into motion and should happen any day. That was going to be entertaining to see, right? "So. Um..." Her thoughts were stopped as she looked at Yukiro, trying to be her old self with a smile, but more than likely failing horribly. "Oh! How's your shop been doing, Tala? I noticed you opened one! A performer, right? I remembered you liked to sing and play... uh... saxophone?" A small head nod came from the short woman then, "Yeah, the saxophone seems to be the only real thing that the crystals like too."

Huh, maybe that was a sign. Something that she should have been listening to since day one. Oh well, too late to change it all now. Instead, she looked back to the lake that seemed to be coming upon them, no matter how slow it might feel to her.

@Yukiro

Tala looked up at Yukiro with a terrible attempt at a smile. That was it. Something was seriously wrong. 
She nodded her head. "Yeah, the saxophone seems to be the only real thing that the crystals like too.
Yeah, something was very, very wrong. She wasn't smiling. She wasn't talking more than she was breathing. This somber attitude was even worse than when they were in the cave. Yukiro had to do something. He had to. 
"Tala..." 
What can I do... What can I do... 
One thing popped into his mind. If he waited for a better one then he might miss any chance he had. So he just did it. 
Yukiro stopped, turned, and wrapped his arms around Tala, hugging her tightly. 
"You said I didn't have to ask anymore," he reminded her, just in case it caught her off guard. 
He released her the girl shortly. "Once we're done here, would you take me to your studio and sing for me?" 

@Tala

Spoiler

She probably should just shelve these thoughts for another day, but her brain was saying otherwise. It wanted to go over the mistakes that she has made, and make sure that she realizes that she is probably going to lose everything that she has within the next couple of days. Who knew that a child could not only destroy the lives of others, but herself as well. She was just going to focus on trying to stay normal right now, yeah, that was the best course of action.

"Tala..." Okay, maybe staying normal wasn't going to work after all. She didn't look at him, "Hmm?" Come on Tala, you can fake being happy better than this. Everyone knows that by now. What happened next though, she will probably never forget. Yukiro had stopped walking and she almost sighed, "You said I didn't have to ask anymore." Wait, what did he mean by that? He was going to ask again wasn't h-

Nope, he turned and hugged her out of the blue. She didn't return the hug, she was actually just thoroughly shocked. He held the hug for a little bit before releasing her. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know what that meant, she just stared at the ground then. If anyone thought that she didn't have a conscious, boy are you wrong. "Once we're done here, would you take me to your studio and sing for me?" She took a moment to think on this, he probably wasn't going to want that keep that promise with her but she nodded either way. "Yeah."

After a few moments, she started to walk, or at least speed walk, toward Ol' Pete. Perhaps talking to an NPC might help? She didn't make it though, instead, she slowed down from the walk. Confusion as to why crossed her mind, until she felt the sore muscles in her calves, yeah, she has been walking a lot more than normal.

@Yukiro

"Yeah," Tala nodded. 
It was a few moments before either of them moved, but when they did, Tala moved first. She started to walk at a brisk pace towards the lake, but she ended up slowing down and eventually stopping again. Yukiro watched her do it without moving from his place. 
With a heavy sigh Yukiro walked up to Tala. 
"Sorry, pardon my not asking again." 
Yukiro bent down and easily lifted Tala in his arms, walking forward while carrying her. 
"If you can't walk, let me carry you. If you can't fight, let me fight for you. And, Tala, if you're feeling down," he smiled brightly at her, "Let me help you feel better. I promised to always be there for you, didn't I?" 
He held her close, not that he could do much else while carrying her, and kept his eyes ahead, trying to spot the lake they were supposed to be headed to. 
And now, an insight into the mind of Yukiro;
What am I doing she hates me right now she hates this this is a really bad idea stop doing what you're doing it's just going to get her mad at you she's gonna want to try and kill you...

@Tala

Spoiler

She just stood in her spot and sighed. She dragged Yukiro into the problem yesterday. Okay, technically she dragged him into the problem the moment she met him. She should have just kept walking right past him, then he wouldn't be involved in this. She looked at the ground again, she had gone too far yesterday hadn't she.

"Sorry, pardon my not asking again." She was about to ask why, when her feet was no longer on the ground. Instead, she was being carried by Yukiro. She held back any sound that might have been made, but a small squeak probably was heard. "If you can't walk, let me carry you. If you can't fight, let me fight for you. And, Tala, if you're feeling down, let me help you feel better. I promised to always be there for you, didn't I?"

She looked at Yukiro and she nodded. "I...went too far yesterday didn't I?" She wasn't going to let him in on her full grand plan, that wasn't part of the plan. But showing a bit of weakness and doubt would help keep him on her side during the rest of this. Just as long as her brother keeps his mouth shut.

@Yukiro

Tala made a tiny squeak when Yukiro picked her up. It softened Yukiro's heart, just a bit. Yeah, this was still the Tala he knew and... wait, what was he just about to think?
The small girl looked up at Yukiro and nodded. "I... went too far yesterday didn't I?
Yukiro nodded. "Being blunt, you said some very horrible things. I wasn't even a victim of your words and they still shook me to my core." That was true. But still... 
"Even so," he started, without looking down at her, "I know it's not worth much, but I forgive you. And I hope you can find it in your heart to apologize one day." 
There was a small shifting in Yukiro's front pocket, which gave him an idea. He stopped and kneeled down, resting Tala's leg's on his knee so he could reach into his pocket and scoop out Yumi, the little sugar glider. Yumi sleepily looked up at Yukiro and then at Tala. Yukiro placed the little guy on Tala's chest and lifted her back up. 
"He likes to sleep in the sun on occasion. And maybe cuddling the little guy will make you feel better." 

@Tala

Spoiler

"Being blunt, you said some very horrible things. I wasn't even a victim of your words and they still shook me to my core." She cringed, and it was actually a true cringe. She had gone too far then, and if Yukiro thinks so, then she knew for sure that her brother was going to think the same, if not worse. "Even so, I know it's not worth much, but I forgive you. And I hope you can find it in your heart to apologize one day." She shook her head lightly.

"Even if I was to apologize to them, I highly doubt that they would forgive me at this point. But you..." She paused, trying to think of the best ways to say what she wanted to say without blowing anything, or even breaking that wall that she had up to protect herself. "I'm sorry Yukiro. I dragged you into it..." She looked around though, wondering if they were by Ol' Pete already when he stopped and put her legs on his knees.

No, instead, he reached into a pocket brought out a very tired looking sugar glider. Yuki put the little guy on her chest and she instantly started to rub Yumi's little head. "He likes to sleep in the sun on occasion. And maybe cuddling the little guy will make you feel better." She smiled softly as she continued to rub Yumi's head. "Thank you Yuki. You know, I really don't deserve your kindness..."

@Yukiro

"Even if I was to apologize to them, I highly doubt that they would forgive me at this point. But you..." she paused for a moment, "I'm sorry Yukiro. I dragged you into it...

Tala started to rub Yumi's head. The sugar glider eyes slowly closed again and laid his head down as he snuggled up on Tala's chest. A barely audible purring came from Yumi's body. Tala smiled softly. "Thank you Yuki. You know, I really don't deserve your kindness..."
Yukiro smiled as he started to climb a hill. "I don't think that's true. And if it was, then I still want to give it to you." 
He neared the top of the tall hill when he heard Yumi make a sound he hadn't heard before. What was that? A... hiccup? 
Sure enough, the tiny animal bounced with his next hiccup. And again with the next. And again. Even Yukiro had to admit that it was cute. 

Once he'd crested the hill a massive, shining blue lake could be seen. A small house was next to the water, and an even smaller dock near that. 

@Tala

Spoiler

Yumi was purring in an odd sugar glider kind of way, and it was super adorable. "I don't think that's true. And if it was, then I still want to give it to you." Yukiro kept walking, well more climbing at this point because of the hill. But she felt her smile falter. She should just tell him shouldnt she. It would be safer that way. But it would also push him away as well. Damn, she was in a tough spot. "I..." Yeah she couldn't think of anything, and then Yumi started to hiccup. It was adorable.

But, she looked across the hill and to the lake and nodded lightly. "I think I can walk from here Yukiro. But can i carry Yumi still?" She was, of course, going to be sure that he didnt mind. She wasn't about to take off with the little guy after all. But holding him was helping her right now, so there was that.

@Yukiro

"I think I can walk from here Yukiro. But can I carry Yumi still?" Tala asked. 
Yukiro smiled. 
"Of course you can. Yumi really likes you, so I think I can trust you to carry him," he finished with a gentle laugh. He started to walk down the hill. He was glad he'd been able to let go of what Tala had done. Really, he hadn't been completely sure if he was going to be able to. But he did, and that was what mattered for now. 
"So, I know I always ask, but what are your plans for when you're done with this quest? If I may ask, of course," he followed up. He wasn't sure if she wanted to tell him anything at this point. And he couldn't blame her if she did. She wasn't the only one who'd lost their cool that day. He'd also lashed out pretty heavily, and completely disregarded who might be in the crossfire. 

@Tala

Spoiler

"Of course you can. Yumi really likes you, so I think I can trust you to carry him." She smiled as she heard that little comment. But how long was even that going to last? Her feet were finally back on the ground and she was holding Yumi close to her chest, still stroking the little sugar glider's head. Such an adorable creature, she admired Yumi though, never seeming to be plotting or messing things up. What a life that must be. She held back a sigh as she focused on not tripping over her feet while walking down the hill.

"So, I know I always ask, but what are your plans for when you're done with this quest? If I may ask, of course." She shrugged lightly, making sure that she didn't fully disturb the sleeping familiar in her hands. "Nothing I guess. Koga isn't talking to me so there is no chance of anything there. I don't know if you want me around really. I was expecting you to just ignore me honestly..." Another shrug, with some tears welling up in her eyes before she quickly blinked those away. Yeah, not showing that here. Nope, that wasn't going to be a good thing.

The dock and shack was now right by them and she walked over to Ol' Pete. "Hey, I have this from Hannah for you." She managed to hand the fishing pole over to the NPC without moving Yumi too much, that was skill with where the sugar glider had fallen asleep. "Ah thank you. Now, how about you two get on my boat with me and fish up this beast of a sword fish? He always get's away when I try to get him without help." Of course, fishing. She looked at Yuki and sighed when she accepted the quest, "Guess we are going fishing."

@Yukiro

"Nothing I guess. Koga isn't talking to me so there is no chance of anything there. I don't know if you want me around really. I was expecting you to just ignore me honestly..."
"..." 
Yukiro had to pause for a moment, just to collect the right words. 
"I want you around," Yukiro told her, "Even if I wanted to, I don't think I could ignore you. And I don't want to. So if Koga won't talk to you," he moved ahead of Tala, walking backwards with a huge grin, "Then come stay with me for a little while." He took a deep breath. "I won't ever abandon you, I promise. Okay?" 

Yukiro watched Tala walk up to the old fisherman and give him the fishing pole. "Hey, I have this from Hannah for you."
"Ah thank you. Now, how about you two get on my boat with me and fish up this beast of a sword fish? He always get's away when I try to get him without help.
"Guess we are going fishing." Tala told Yukiro with a sigh. 
Yukiro smirked slightly. "I called it." 

Yukiro offered a hand to help Tala into the boat. It looked stable enough, but it was still floating, so he didn't want her to fall into the water. 

@Tala

Spoiler

He didn't say anything at first. Well, that wasn't a good sign was it. "I want you around. Even if I wanted to, I don't think I could ignore you. And I don't want to. So if Koga won't talk to you, then come stay with me for a little while. I won't ever abandon you, I promise. Okay?" She stopped for a moment and looked at him, even her fingers weren't rubbing Yumi's head anymore.

What was he asking? Did he even know? What in the world was going on? She should just be able to say no and be done with it, but why couldn't she? "Stay with you on your park bench?" A small smile soon played on her lips as she walked quickly to catch up to him once more. But once the NPC was talked to and everything was said and done there, Yukiro was offering her a hand.

She presumed it was to get on the floating boat, and she took it lightly before carefully getting into the boat. Thank goodness she didn't have any kind of motion or sea sickness. That would make today horrible. "Guess, it's time to get into the middle of the lake and start fishing." She didn't sound completely enthused about it, but there was still some excitement. What it was for, she didn't know really.

@Yukiro

"Stay with you on your park bench?" Tala smiled slightly and caught up to Yukiro. 
"What?" Yukiro replied. He did not understand what she was asking.

Tala took Yukiro's hand and stepped into the boat. "Guess, it's time to get into the middle of the lake and start fishing.
Nodding, Yukiro followed her into the boat. "I've never really done anything like this, so, uh... yay." He was admittedly a little scared. He didn't know how to swim, and he'd never been in a boat before, but he was fairly confident that the water wouldn't kill him immediately. 
"Well, uh, here we go, I guess." With that Yukiro pushed off on the dock and let the boat start to drift out to the middle of the lake. He turned to face Tala and sat down in the boat. 
"So, what now? Do we have to do something to call the fish or something?" he asked, not knowing what to do or how to do it. 

@Tala