<<Nature's Treasure>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: None
Repeatable: Yes
Credit: @Itzal

11121.png

Rewards:

• The Materials Gathered

Summary:

Marking the beginning of each tier (Floors 1, 11, 21, etc.), these levels of Aincrad in particular each seem to have various locations among the floors that are bursting at the seams with crafting materials. They are easier to find than other hunting grounds on comparable floors, with short respawn rates to make them the best locations to hunt for materials.

If the floor is vegetated, players can find a <<Garden>>. If there are a lot of buildings on the floor, players can find a <<Courtyard>>. If the floor is underground, players can find a <<Cavern>>. Many NPCs give away these farming locations, telling players about this amazing opportunity of extra materials, whether it be from plentiful monster drops or from the safer areas outside of town that make for easy, peaceful fishing and gathering.

Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.

Fishing:  Monsters and bosses never spawn.  Fishing receives no bonus materials.  CD 12s require a LD of 15+ (modifiers allowed) to fish up a treasure chest.  If 1-14, players receive 4 materials.

Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.

Looting Mobs:  Loot required mobs always drop (HP * 4) col and 1 material as default drops.

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • Mobs MUST meet or exceed the loot minimum parameter.
Spoiler
SAORPG 

Randal: SP 7/22 // HP 200/200 // Energy 20/20 // 1 DMG 

Items:
 3 DMG (T1E3 Perfect Hand Wraps) // 1 REGEN (T1 Uncommon Pants) // 3 EVA (T1E3 Perfect Light Armour)

Skills:
 1 LD (Searching Rank 1) // 1 Stealth Detection (Searching Rank 1) // 5 MIT (Light armour Mastery Rank 1) // 3 DMG (Martial Arts Mastery Rank 1)

Battle Items:
  1. - 5 Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality (+40HP)
  2. - 1 T1 Immolation Potion (10DMG to successful non-Crit attacker)
  3. -1 Tier One Over-Health Potion (+50 Temp. HP
  4. - 1 T1 Snack (+1 Eva)
  5. - 1 Tier One Snack (+3LD) 

Additional Buffs
  1. Aincrad Trading Post Guild - +2 Exp per craft made // +5 to salvage LD
  2. Aincrad Trading Post Guild - +5% Mob Kill Col // +10% Treasure Chest Col

Randal was quickly running Low on materials again and needed to quickly pop out for a quick hunt for materials, remembering back to the wonderful sanctuary that he had accompanied some other players to in the past, Randal decided he should make that his go to location to find materials.

He was about to set off on his way when he remembered his newly crowned alchemist friend and decided to invite him out as well, looking as he too would soon be needing materials to being his crafter’s journey, Everyday would quickly drain him of whatever materials he could find.

Promptly sending an invitation to @Skeleton to ask him to meet Randal at the entrance of the Town of Beginnings, he waited, shuffling his feet just a little longer and noting in his instructions not just where to meet him but also the approximate coordinates for the sanctuary in his mail. Randal stills decided to wait for skeleton probably in fear that he would get lost. 

Skeleton was dozing off in his armchair located at the back of his store. He heard the sound a received message notification. It was from Randal. He was looking to farm materials. Despite having an abundance at the moment, Skeleton figured that more wouldn't hurt. Better to stock up than run out. He picked himself up off the armchair and out through the store entrance. Outside he flipped the sign to closed and locked the door before turning to the gate down the road. Thankfully, Randal chose the one near his store to meetup.

A minute later and Skeleton was merely a few meters away from Randal. He raised a hand from his pocket to greet Randal.

"Yo, Randal." Skeleton said with a smile.

"Thanks for the invite, I've been considering gathering materials to future proof my stock a little." Skeleton said as he approached.

It was time for Skeleton to learn to actually fight.

Spoiler

Skeleton

Level: 7

Energy: 14

Damage: 1

Skills:

One Handed Weapons (Rank 1)

Equipment:

Rare Dagger (+2 Damage)

Leather Body Piece with Scarf

Battle Items:

(2) T1 Uncommon Potions (40HP)

@Randal

Having met up with Skeleton, Randal made his way up and out from gate all the way to the gated settlement that he had been to before. 

The layout still remained the same with the wooden fences silently guarding the perimeter of the area, the thick wooden logs stretching to envelop the whole location. Passing through the wooden fence which separated this sanctuary from the rest of the world, Randal immediately explained the location to Skeleton, pointing him to various little features of the area.

Right in front of them a little to the right was the training house which spawned mobs appropriate for training against, beside it was a very bountiful garden and to the left was a pond, still full of activity, Randal noted the few people still loitering in the area, some fishing and others training.

Spoiler

ID# 131276

LD: 5+1

Edited by Randal

Skeleton followed closely behind Randal as he was guided through the area. Taking the time to glance around and getting a feel for his surroundings. There were quite a few players around. Some were fighting mobs, others were searching around for what Skeleton assumed were materials, and others were fishing. What he noticed up ahead was what seemed to be outlined as a safe area.

Randal began quickly explaining the features of the area around them, including the training house nearby them which spawned mobs to train against. The area itself was generally rife with materials to gather for crafting. The very same materials that drop from mobs with a 100% guarantee on the drop rate. It was easy to see why Randal wanted to come here. As the materials were particularly rife, Skeleton had a quick check around to see if he could spot any in the nearby vicinity as he waited for Randal to weigh up options for activity.

ID# 131299

LD: 13

Skeleton had indeed noticed a material, and quickly snatched it up to add to his inventory.

@Randal

Edited by Skeleton

“Okay so sad to say I learned about this place far too late to make use of the most efficient looting system, which is to just kill mobs as indiscriminately as possible, it is similarly sad that we are sort of in the same boat being both above level 5, we can only make full use of gathering techniques.“ 

“How about we start with some fishing?” Randal asked, taking long deliberate steps towards the pond, being sure to breath in the beautiful nature that surrounded both Skeleton and Randal.

The Pond appeared to have undergone a few quality of life updates as initially there were only wooden spears one would use to spearfish, there was now fishing rods that one could use to bait fish too. 

He gestured time invite skeleton over while pointing a little further out behind the pond to where the Orchard was in case Skeleton wanted to pick out some fruits and told Skeleton that there was a semi hidden enclave that was more moist and dark that was perfect for picking mushrooms and other things.

Spoiler

ID# 131300

LD: 9+1 

Edited by Randal
6 hours ago, Randal said:

“How about we start with some fishing?”

"Fishing? I've never been fishing before so why not. May as well give it a try." Skeleton considered.

Randal made his way towards the nearby pond where a few other players nearby were already fishing away at the wildlife. He noticed Randal passing by a few wooden spears inside a barrel, and grabbed a hold of one. It was rather smooth, with low chance of splintering, not that he had to worry about that in a game. He hoped. The last time Skeleton ended up with a splinter, it was in the side of his thumb, at least an inch deep. Neither of his parents cared that it was turning his thumb green, and not the good kind. He had ended up yanking it out himself at 3 am in the morning a day later out of fear of losing his thumb.

With fishing spear in hand, Skeleton felt like he could do better than working a fishing rod, as he has no idea how they function in the slightest. As Skeleton was searching the water, Randal pointed out a nearby orchard.

Spoiler

ID# 131305

LD:19

@Randal

Almost as soon as Randal had pointed out the orchard and enclave, Skeleton had found none other than 2 materials he could make use of.

"Wow, this place is pretty packed with potential resources, huh?" Skeleton wondered aloud.

(3) T1 Materials Gathered in Total.

Edited by Skeleton
16 minutes ago, Skeleton said:

Wow, this place is pretty packed with potential resources, huh?"

Heck yeah Randal internally replied but outwardly just grunted because he himself still hasn’t received the bounties of nature yet. Perhaps it was his negative energies or so thought Randal, So he took a moment to realign himself, Breathing deeply through his nostrils, letting the air fill his lungs and relating it all in one torrent through his mouth from a cycle. He repeated this for a few more rounds until he felt calmer.

When he opened his eyes, he felt focused like none other before, with a might throw of his spear close to the water he pierced the water... and nothing else...

Now visibly agitated, started slaying in the cool water to calm himself down, feeling a lot less hot headed after dipping in the cold water, Randal decided to go for a swim in the water.

” Hey I’ll be right back. Just going to enjoy the water for bit.” He called out not wanting Skeleton to worry.

Spoiler

ID# 131308

LD : 7+1

Edited by Randal

Watching Randal reply cheerily then proceed to take deep breaths in a manner Skeleton recognised from a co-worker who was stressed out very easily perplexed him. Still, Skeleton waived it off as just something people do. He assumed it was some kind of focusing method and continued on his search around the orchard. He tried to keep his search close to the water so as to keep an eye out for fish swimming too close to the surface.

34 minutes ago, Randal said:

” Hey I’ll be right back. Just going to enjoy the water for bit.”

"Alright, let me know if you start to drown, I'm actually trained in cpr, if that even works here." Skeleton replied.

Skeleton had completely forgotten that drowning tends to be a rather silent event. He also had never actually seen someone drown and had no idea of the signs of a person drowning. Skeleton still continued his search among the orchard for materials despite the situational blindness, however he found nothing additional in his current search.

Spoiler

ID# 131309

LD: 5

@Randal

Edited by Skeleton
4 hours ago, Skeleton said:

Alright, let me know if you start to drown, I'm actually trained in cpr, if that even works here."

That’s awfully good information to have while swimming in an unknown pond, truth be told after having heard Skeleton say such things Randal finally felt much calmer. This was because it brought to reality how stupid Randal decision to go swimming randomly actually was. Nonetheless it didn’t detract from the fact that Randal had indeed been fuming and needed the swim to cool his head down. 

When Randal surfaces from his just below the surface snorkelling, he carried himself back up to the pier and fortunately seems to have good fortunes already turning on him as he pocketed the clumps off seaweed now tagging loosely around his legs and feet.

Afterword, Randal day that and started to make a fire to keep himself warm and to dry off his clothes. He asked Skeleton “So now that you’re an Alchemist, what’s the next step for ya? Any particular skills you going to go for?”

Spoiler

ID# 131315

LD: 13+1

1 T1 Material Found Total

Edited by Randal

Skeleton was crouching down beside the pond, investigating some flowers, hoping they matched any materials he had memorised for his salves. Unfortunately none of the flowers he had been investigating had any medicinal purposes beyond making rather disgustingly bitter or sour tea.

1 hour ago, Randal said:

“So now that you’re an Alchemist, what’s the next step for ya? Any particular skills you going to go for?”

"Now that I've got my alchemist store set up, I've been thinking about looking for a familiar. I was hoping to be able to craft a potion to make the job easier, but nigh impossible to make with what I know or what apparatus I have. It'd be a 1 in 12 chance of happening from my calculations. SO I think I might try it without the pheromone enhancement." Skeleton reasoned.

"How about you, Randal? Got anything in particular you want to do or get?"

As Skeleton spoke he continued his crouched waddle, searching for any nearby materials.

Spoiler

ID# 131316

LD: 1

Perhaps Randal had managed to take the luck that Skeleton accidentally found somewhere.

Edited by Skeleton

Randal noticed skeleton wading through the weeds beside the pond and offered a suggestion as he sat by the fire place, his damp clothes now drying up.

“If you’re looking for medicinal flowers specifically you should try in the garden beside the training house, they have a whole array of vegetables that picked from during my first stay here, although I’m not trained as an Alchemist, i am sure I saw familiar looking flowers there.”

19 minutes ago, Skeleton said:

SO I think I might try it without the pheromone enhancement."

That’sa brave choice Randal thought inwardly. “Listen do you mind bring me on your quest to find a familiar? I need to gather sole research on the kinds of animals that can be found here on this floor. I personally want to be prepared as possible so I don’t mind accompanying you to find one first.” Randal offered.

19 minutes ago, Skeleton said:

How about you, Randal? Got anything in particular you want to do or get

“I need to go on another farming run if this set doesn’t work out...” Randal replied.

Spoiler

ID# 13131 

LD 9+1

1 T1 Material Found Total

OOC: Is discord down for you? I can’t connect to the server...

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

ID# 131318

LD: 5

@Randal

Skeleton continued skulking around the area, having no luck in finding anything of use. He was beginning to slowly crouch to a crawling position when he heard Randal speaking up.

“If you’re looking for medicinal flowers specifically you should try in the garden beside the training house, they have a whole array of vegetables that picked from during my first stay here, although I’m not trained as an Alchemist, i am sure I saw familiar looking flowers there.”

"Hm? I didn't see anything myself when we were passing by but I doubt it would hurt to give it a look." Skeleton reasoned.

He began making his way towards the area to begin his search when Randal continued with another question.

“Listen do you mind bring me on your quest to find a familiar? I need to gather sole research on the kinds of animals that can be found here on this floor. I personally want to be prepared as possible so I don’t mind accompanying you to find one first.”

"Yeah, that should be fine. I'm thinking of starting the quest when I get back from this, so we can take a short breather before heading back out?" he replied.

The new area unfortunately didn't seem to have many materials available for Skeleton to work with, but he still kept looking to be sure. Skeleton was beginning to be reminded of his first quest where he was crawling through multiple areas of grass a day.

Edited by Skeleton

It was a very silky day for both skeleton and Randal considering that both of them weren’t doing wire as well as they were expecting, Randal having been here before was expecting a far greater turn over of materials and was excited to show Skeleton exactly what he was talking about, unfortunately he still did not rape have the chance to do so considering how fish in guys luck he had been. Starting here for about half the day now, Randal had very little to show for his efforts.

Spoiler

ID# 131328

LD 9+1

He was pretty sure at the point that he had actually used up all of his luck the post told he was here. Randal said out loud to Skeleton who was still in earshot that familiars could he trained to provide all sorts of benefits to the user as well and after all this failed gathering, Randal was even thinking of training the familiar to spot items and materials or ingredients on Randal’s behalf.

Edited by Randal
Spoiler

ID# 131330

LD: 11

4 T1 Materials Gathered in total.

Skeleton had caught sight of something shifting in the water. It cast a shadow on the surface, bringing Skeleton to a halt. He twisted his torso to face the pond, grabbing a hold of the spear, he yanked it to position above his right shoulder, pointing the tip dead ahead. He slowly reeled the spear back as he tracked the shadow's path. It was slow, and would jerk to the side in a writhing motion every now and again, but didn't seem to be at irregular intervals. Skeleton clasped the spear, driving it directly at the shadow, causing a splash that washed over Skeleton. The splash brought pause to Skeleton for a moment before he slowly lifted the spear out of the water, fish on end.

"Well whaddaya know? The fish can be caught." Skeleton joked.

Randal had been explaining the familiar training possibilities, when Skeleton thought about getting a familiar to assist in crafting.

"Can they help in the crafting process?"

Edited by Skeleton

Randal laughed at Skeleton‘s joke informed him that maybe he’d have better luck forging anemic ingredients in more forestry areas...”Although can you use fishes in alchemy?” Randal queried.

“Oh and to answer your question, letting your families help you with the crafting process doesn’t actually improve your odds of crafting but instead having a familiar to train in the Alchemist process or for me the cooking process can train us in the method and ways of our craft, so it’ll improve how much EXP you earn per craft. They do say that to teach another person or animal in this case is to reinforce your own understanding of the craft so it kinda makes sense.” Randal exposited.

Randal now dry got up and started punching the air in boredom, it was nice to have someone here to talk to instead of the usually constant gathering he did the last time.

Spoiler

ID# 131331

LD 7+1

Edited by Randal
44 minutes ago, Randal said:

.”Although can you use fishes in alchemy?”

"Hm? Yeah, absolutely. Fish have strangely different pheromones and organ makeup, plus they provide fish oil which is very useful for fuel in a pinch." Skeleton replied.

Skeleton continued to remove the fish from the spear, causing it to to be added to his inventory. Bringing his total to 4, he felt like he at least is managing to get some materials for his time. Thankfully he already has quite the stash built up from his starting bulk but he would need far more materials to keep crafting in the future. Skeleton continued back to the orchard, scavenging an additional 2 materials as Randal added information about familiars.

44 minutes ago, Randal said:

“Oh and to answer your question, letting your families help you with the crafting process doesn’t actually improve your odds of crafting but instead having a familiar to train in the Alchemist process or for me the cooking process can train us in the method and ways of our craft, so it’ll improve how much EXP you earn per craft. They do say that to teach another person or animal in this case is to reinforce your own understanding of the craft so it kinda makes sense.

Learning that the crafting process doesn't seem to get any easier with help was disheartening. Regardless Skeleton felt any aid to boosting his learning would be a welcome addition to his current situation. He had yet to successfully create anything using his own apparatus in a solo venture since completing the quest to gain the store.

"I suppose it does make sense. I was hoping the additional help would lighten the load, but I guess it is a very personal process..." mulled Skeleton.

Spoiler

ID# 131333

.LD: 17

+2 T1 Materials.

Edited by Skeleton
30 minutes ago, Skeleton said:

I suppose it does make sense. I was hoping the additional help would lighten the load, but I guess it is a very personal process

“I suppose you could consider it like this, with a familiar to help you learn faster and to reinforce your foundation, you’ll be able to rank up faster, and the faster you rank up, the easier the chances of not failing.” 

” Hey why don’t you join the Aincrad Trading post guild? They offer a boost to Exp as well if you join them. Not to mention it puts in the in the company of many notable craftsmen. You should consider it.”

Spoiler

ID# 131334

LD 5+1

As well the usual habit at this point Randal, continues to look around the sanctuary for materials that he could carry on and take but it seemed like he wasn’t having the same luck as he used to. Seeing as how the whole day had nearly passed and Randal only had 1 Material to send home made him a little mopey but he understood that Life would have a way of rewarding his perseverance if he just kept at it. Even though this run didn’t seem to be working out in his favour, he could always come back without stopping.

@Skeleton

Edited by Randal
21 minutes ago, Randal said:

“I suppose you could consider it like this, with a familiar to help you learn faster and to reinforce your foundation, you’ll be able to rank up faster, and the faster you rank up, the easier the chances of not failing.” 

"That's fair, either way it would be more beneficial than having nothing." Skeleton considered.

21 minutes ago, Randal said:

” Hey why don’t you join the Aincrad Trading post guild? They offer a boost to Exp as well if you join them. Not to mention it puts in the in the company of many notable craftsmen. You should consider it.”

"You can join a guild without an invite? The buff sounds great but I don't want to impose, or leech." reasoned Skeleton.

The thought of barging in on a group of people sent shivers down his spine, especially when he couldn't provide much back to the community at this stage. It would feel too self important to call it an investment and too pretentious to state he would be worth it eventually. Still Skeleton thought that if Randal was recommending it it would be best to follow his lead as he is technically more experienced than himself.

As he was thinking things over, Skeleton had gone entirely on auto pilot through the enclave, having moved out of the orchard by complete accident. The accident however provided him with 2 further usable materials to add to his inventory. Thankfully luck was back on his side.

Spoiler

ID# 131335

LD: 16

+2 T1 Materials

8 T1 Materials in total.

@Randal

Edited by Skeleton
1 hour ago, Skeleton said:

That's fair, either way it would be more beneficial than having nothing." Skeleton considered.

1 hour ago, Randal said:

“Though you could totally show your familiar to buff you in a myriad of ways like damage, accuracy, healing, looting and quite a number of others.” Randal explained, there so many choices that even he had trouble deciding. At the end of the day the current plan for his familiar would be to train the feels to be a bloodhound for Items and Materials. That way he might never have to suffer such indignation again, his dreams of being more efficient only gated by the SP he needed to get it.

1 hour ago, Skeleton said:

You can join a guild without an invite?

“Oh ya, they just leave it open for anyone to sign up, i took a look at the options and honestly it was the only choice, all the other guilds were practically inactive or didn’t offer any reason to join them.”

Spoiler

ID# 131336

LD 4+1

Randal was alright with not having as many materials this time, after all, after the 12th day of crafting he was already in need of more materials so he decided internally not to make any more crafts until he was back up to speed. With that he began packing up his things.

@Skeleton

Edited by Randal

The conversation about familiars kept Skeleton thinking about whether or not he should keep pursuing his crafting career or if he should focus on combat. The idea of being able to build up a balance at the bank though, that would be something rather attainable with dedication. So long as he sticks to his profession however.

2 hours ago, Randal said:

“Oh ya, they just leave it open for anyone to sign up, i took a look at the options and honestly it was the only choice, all the other guilds were practically inactive or didn’t offer any reason to join them.”

"Oh, well I guess I'll take a bit to join them when I get back before doing my daily crafts. Once I'm done with that I'll head out to check on getting a familiar." Skeleton reasoned.

Spoiler

ID# 131337

LD: 20

+2 T1 materials

Total of 10 T1 Materials.

Watching as Randal started to pack up, Skeleton began his final check for his surroundings, finding a couple more materials that he'd be able to utilise with his current skill set. Picking them up, and pulling another material out of his inventory, he approached Randal and placed the three materials in his hand.

"I know it's not everything you wanted but these herbs still work well as seasoning, so take them as thanks." Skeleton said as he forced the materials on to Randal.

With that said and done, he began preparing to head back to his store.

Thread Summary:

Skeleton:

1. 2 SP (1 page + Christmas Event)
  2. (7) T1 Materials
  3. 200 Col

Randal:

1. 2 SP (1 page + Christmas Event)
  2. (4) T1 Materials
  3. 200 Col
Edited by Skeleton