[F9 - PP] Just two white haired players screeching, Confused screeching. Scared screeching. <The Gatekeeper of Fire>

Spoiler

Floor 9
«The Gatekeeper of Fire»
Recommended Level: 50
Repeatable for Cerberus Etching | Party Limit: 4
The Guardian of Fire Quest Credit Goes to: Mari
The Gatekeeper of Fire Quest Credit Goes to: Gladiator

Rewards:

• 7,500 Col
  • 4 SP
  • Cerberus Etching (Unique Material) - Effect: Removes one enhancement on a weapon and replaces it with "Burn". (This effect cannot override its maximum cap. Consumed on use.)

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Pages (21 or more posts)
  • Defeat 3 «Infernal Hell Hounds».
  • Defeat «Cerberus, Inferno's Rage».

Summary:

Over time, as respawning bosses have been defeated... many have been reborn. First the Wasp Queen, then Avalache, then the Sand Shark. And now, many Information Brokers have been alerting players of the Cerberus' rebirth on the ninth floor in its original location, however the Cerberus has been said to be extremely aggressive. The rewards are reported to be unknown, however it is agreed upon that the rewards like the other rebirthed bosses should be pretty sweet. Will you accept the fight against the Cerberus one more time?

Outline:

Volcano's Effect: Each rotation, due to the extreme heat players will suffer 30 unmitigatable damage. This effect can be ignored if the player has the skill "Survival" active.

wallpaper-166659.jpg

«Infernal Hell Hounds»
Statistics:

HP: 350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 

Abilities:
<< Burning Bite >> : On successful attacks, the player is inflicted with "Burn" at Tier 3 maximum cap. [36 Unmitigatable Damage for 2 turns.]
<< Infernal Soul >> : On a critical attacks, this monster gains additional damage. [9 = 25 | 10 = 50]

c1qnrej2tp501.jpg

«Cerberus, Inferno's Rage»
Statistics:
Heads 1-3:
 HP: 500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Abilities:
<< Bringing Hell >> : "Cerberus, Inferno's Rage" gains 1 attack for each head alive.
<< One at a Time >> : Players can only target one Head at a time before hitting another. AoE's do not work on this boss.
<< Burning Bite >> : On successful attacks, the player is inflicted with "Burn" dealing 36 unmitigatable damage for 2 turns.
<< Infernal Punishment >> : On a critical attacks, this boss gains additional damage and will phase through 50% of the target's mitigation on all attacks this turn. [9 = 25 | 10 = 75]
<< Bloodless >> : This boss is immune to all status effects.

Of things he had anticipated to do were quests … he hadn’t done any quests in a while, mostly just relaxing at his house or joining different event parties … but something like undergoing a quest, nope. Today was a bit different, he finally went out to see if he could find something to work with. He had heard about this quest on the 9th floor, something about a bigger badder cerberus quest, like the other upgraded quests that got their difficult a level up, this was the one for cerberus.

Clad in full darkened plate armor, Macradon would venture up through the floors to the volcanic 9th floor. Adorned over his heavy steel armor were straps of leather tied on top of the armor, the leather was infused with phoenix feathers, making them ideal equipment to have while facing a great fire hound, it would make surviving much easier for the knight. Before getting too far away from safety, Macradon would consume as many consumables as he possibly could to keep his survival chances at the max.

With chains wrapped up around his left arm, Macradon had his own little cerberus in tow. His familiar was slowly getting more and more used to the presence of other players, but he still wanted to keep his little buddy in check until the actual fighting would commence, it also made his fight entrances much more climactic. After a few minutes of walking, Macradon would finally stand at the main gate of Yogan Village, ready to get out into the wilderness.

< Yui's Grace consumed >
< Titan's Strength consumed >
< Hearty Seafood Soup consumed >
< Carrot Sauerkraut consumed >
< Beef Wellington consumed >
< Snack of the Tortoise consumed >
< Spirit of Christmas consumed >

Stats

Spoiler

Macradon - Lvl 86
1900 HP
187 Energy
3 Accuracy
2 Evasion
21 Base Damage
 (31 w/ Holy)
- (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Athletics +9 Familiar +1 Ferocity +2 Snack)
122 Mitigation 
- (35 Skill + 72 Armor + 45 Food - 30 Snack)

Items
Blade of the Dictator ............ // +12 Holy Damage, Phase
Silverlight ...................... // +72 Mitigation, 36 Frost Thorn(21 on a Crit), 6 Freeze damage(2 turns)
Flame Shadow ..................... // Flameproof, +1 Evasion

Belphegor - Familiar ............. // +9 Damage

Battle Ready Inventory
Templar's Necklace ............... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy
Teleportation Crystal ............ // Teleport to a designated settlement
Health Potion .................... // +180 HP on consumption
Empty inventory slot ............. //

Buffs
Rested ........................... // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Filling .......................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed .......................... // Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Deposit ...................... // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col
from treasure chests.
Yui's Grace ...................... // +1 SP from this thread
Damage ........................... // +3 Base Damage
Damage Mitigation ................ // +45 Damage Mitigation
Accuracy ......................... // +2 Accuracy | Filling +1 Accuracy
Evasion .......................... // +1 Evasion
Protein .......................... // +2 Damage, -30 Damage Mitigation
Overhealth ....................... // +135 Max HP
Spirit of Christmas .............. // Double the SP gained from this thread

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +7 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation
Searching                  | Rank 5: +5 LD. +5 Stealth Detection
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 5%(95) HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Gatherer                   | Obtain additional materials after a successful out of combat gathering based on a natural CD result.
Hiding                   | Rank 5: +5 Stealth roll
Extended Mod Limit       | Rank 3: +3 Mod Slots
Parry                    | Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down)
Energist                 | Add 5xTier(15) Energy to your max pool
Charge                   | Rank 5: +5 Base Damage on Initial hit

Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 45 HP when out of battle
Familiar Mastery: Fighter  | Rank 3: +9(Tier x Rank) Damage
Meditation                 | Recover 3xTier(15) energy with post action. Recover 2xTier(10) energy if you are hit before your next round

Skill Mods
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +45 Health
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Finesse                    | Rank 3: Decreases Energy Cost of attacks by 3
Reveal                     | +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth once every 15 posts (instead of 20)
Surprise Attack          | Cannot miss from stealth. +1xTier(3) base damage on first attack
Justified Riposte        | Stun attacker for 1 turn
Vanish                   | In combat post action to stealth. Free action in combat to stealth if mob has been slain
Vengeful Riposte         | Return 50% of damage(mitigatable) to target

Tracking                   | Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cordelia bit into her hotdog-- something she had never thought she would get used to, by the way-- as she walked towards the exit of Yogan Village. Apparently another quest had come out, after the set that were already released. Something about a bigger and badder version of the Cerberus? She wasn't sure. Hynes wasn't exactly a good info-broker, but he was cheap so. . . so yeah. But apparently this quest was supposed to give a really good reward and a whole hell lot of EXP! That was always something she was after she why the hell not?

She had just finished eating her hotdog when she looked up, freezing in her steps as a familiar face registered in her head.

Well. This is nice.

If it wasn't the strawberry dinkster man that totally didn't leave a lasting image in her mind! Ah, it was nice to see him again. 

Well, it was time to go home now.

Spoiler

LVL: 44 | HP: 900/900 | EN: 88/88 | 14+2=16 DMG | 12-XX=XX+30=30 MIT | 3+2=5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY | +40% Phase | BRN RESIST

[INVENTORY:]

☆ T2 Katana | Haunted Verdict: [Cursed] 4 HLY, 4 DMG
 T1 Light Armor | Bastille’s Resistance: +2 EVA, +1 PARA VNM
☆ T2 Jewelry | Mauve Kanzashi: +1 EVA, +2 REC

[BATTLE READY:]

☆ [5] Standard Healing Potions [Heals 50 HP]

[CONSUMED:]

Rhino's Horn [Consumable]: (Applied to a Weapon. When attacking, on the First Crit, the attack ignores 40% Mitigation of the target it's attacking. If it is an AoE it only applies to the first target hit, not all 4. If this item is stacked with a Phase Weapon, the 40% Phase ONLY affects Block instead of overall Mitigation.) [This Item drops Once Per thread]
> <<Snowfrost>> +BRN RESIST

> Focused Dog [2 ACC] 
> Imagine If Azrael Was a Hot Dog [2 Protein] 
> Titanium-Infused Hot Dog [30 MIT] 

[SKILLS]

☆ R3 Accuracy Familiar Mastery: 3 ACC
☆ Disguise: [Gain +1 EVA until the start of your next turn]
☆ Survival: [Increases out of combat health regeneration to (15 * Tier) per post. Grants immunity to most damage dealing environmental
attacks/effects.]
☆ R1 Curved Sword Skill 
☆ R5 Katana Skill [+7 DMG/+1 BASE]
  > FEROCITY MOD: +1 DMG
☆ R3 Hiding Skill: +1 Stealth Rating
☆ R3 Light Armor Skill: 12 MIT
  > ATHLETICS MOD: +1 DMG, +20 HP
☆ R3 Battle Healing: Recovers 3% of Max HP

You're walking in the town
There's no one around
And your companion is restless
Out of the corner of your eye you spot her
Cordelia

Someone he had met not too long ago at the gala. It wasn’t the best of impressions she might’ve gotten from his stupid entrance to his crazy strawberry hunting, fishing, whatever. As he saw her he turned towards her, but as he did, it was like she was turning away. Like she had walked out to the entrance, but for some reason turned around. “Oh, hey! Cordelia, wasn’t it?” he shouted out to her while lifting his right arm into the air and waved at her. “Funny to find you up here. What brings you to this literal hell hole?” he asked as he approached her. With every step, Macradon would pull at the chain, forcing his familiar after him, hoping that it would ignore any prey like creatures nearby.

When he finally got up to the girl, he would extend his arm for a hand shake once again, this time without any strawberry juice nor punch, just a normal dry hand shake. “Been well since … the Dinkster Incident?” he asked somewhat nonchalantly with a smirk on his face. He had heard the episode being called that, and he found it too fun not to continue with that stupid trend. If only he could make the incident go down in history without his name attached to it, that would be the best urban legend to roam the fields of Aincrad.

Cordelia stopped stiffly in her tracks. Gosh darn it. “Oh, hello!” She exclaimed, turning her heel to face the player. “Just. . . Stuff, y’know!”

She looked at his hand and hesitated.

Shake it.

No.

Shake it!

Somehow, she could still picture the punch drenched hand she had ‘shook’ not so long ago. 

She slowly outstretched her hand and shook his. “I suppose it has,” she mumbled, failing to mirror his smile. She was sure she was never going to forget that moment in her life. She was pretty sure it was the first time she had been traumatized by something in this game, which is concerning when she could literally get killed by a giant praying mantis any day or something like that.

”How about you? What are you doing here?” She asked, trying to just push away the memories from her head. Her head tilted down to look at his familiar. It kind of reminded her of Leeroy and Jenkins, but with another head. She looked at Pacco from the corner of her eye. Poor bird must be terrified now.

She was hesitant, distant, like she didn’t want to be there, like she reconsidered her decision of even going to this place. It seemed that she would in the end accept the handshake, reluctantly for whatever reason. Giving the woman a firm handshake, Macradon would smile at her “Nice to hear, I’ve been having it great as well.” he replied towards the somewhat forced inquiry. 

Just .. stuff. Not that precise an answer … but an answer nonetheless, even if it didn’t give anything of merit. “I finally got myself together to do one of the newly discovered quests, the one with the hellhounds and the upgraded cerberus. I think I should be able to take it on alone, but if your … stuff y’know is something you can take care of quickly, care to join? Could always use another hand to get the job done faster.” he asked her.

"Well, it just so happens that my stuff is doing that quest." She gave him a small smile. She never expected she would ever be doing a quest with a man who's hand dove into a bowl of punch right in front of her to grab strawberries, but she guessed fate had other plans. 

"I don't mind tagging along though. I heard the item dropped is pretty good, so I want a bit of that too," she said as she cracked a grin. Of course, Hynes didn't give her much information on that either. He pretty much only gives her the information that was going to keep her alive. Crappy yet to the point, maybe that's why she was the only player who actually put up with his shenanigans. 

"Shall we head out then?" She asked, gesturing her head towards the exit of the town. "I'm sure we shouldn't spend the day wasting away with conversation and such."

Macradon would grin at what Cordelia’s “stuff” were “Awesome! Then let’s get this bread!” he said with a confident tone and began walking out through the main gate of the settlement. With every step, the plates of his armor would clang, the foreboding sounds of the knight coming after its prey, the predator on its hunt, Macradon for his strawberries, the Dinkster and his imaginary doors.

Macradon would make sure that he had everything he needed with him, being a tent, bedroll, everything to survive a multiple day hike. “I hope you’re ready for the harsh environment of the 9th floor. The nights in here aren’t really as welcoming and warm as one would think of a volcanic floor, too much danger lurking around all the time.” he said, looking over at Cordelia.

The Cerberus spawn point was far from the settlement, almost 2 days of traveling at a decent pace on foot, it might become difficult for some, but it seemed that these two were more than capable of taking care of this business.

She sniffed. "Yeah, bread," she murmured, chuckling to herself as she followed after the player.

She crossed her arms and shrugged. "It's nothing I haven't handled before. I've done the quest similar to this one, so it shouldn't be too hard for me," she replied, giving him a reassuring smile before she turned to face forward again. She barely remembered doing the quest prior to this. . . it was with Oscar, right? She smiled to herself. Right. Those were an interesting two days.

"Two days isn't that bad, right?" SHe asked, chuckling under her breath. She made sure to talk to Oscar this morning about that. There were rarely ever any quests where she had to stay away from home for more than a few days, so she just wanted to make sure that he wouldn't be too worried about that.

"Anyway, how are you doing? Not diving your hands into bowls of punch, I hope?"

The knight shrugged, pulling every piece of plate he could that was connected to his shoulder blades “If you say so. I haven’t done this quest before, and I accidentally easily took care of the older Cerberus … so if you’re that confident about this, we should be able to steamroll it very easily.” he replied to Cordelia’s confidence. ”Two days can be more than bad, but I think we should be able to handle those two days with no problem. I’ve done the hike multiple times, so I’ve gotten quite used to it.” he said, reassuring that the two days shouldn’t be a problem. Macradon laughed “Oh no, I am past those days, I have moved on to salads now.” he said jokingly towards Cordelia “But in all honesty, I’ve just been working in my shop and helped a friend of mine get some levels, I’m about to get the last two levels I need myself as well, it would be nice to peak at this point, since I haven’t really peaked at any other point in here.” he said with a smile, only waiting to hit those sweet sweet 88.

• 2 weeks later...

She nodded her head along with him. "Alright, I trust you with that, then," she murmured, laughing softly to herself. 

"Salads? What a healthy alternative," She exclaimed jokingly, her brows shooting up. "Oh, I see, that sounds fun," she remarked, giving him a nod. "So you must be pretty high leveled, huh?" She mumbled out loud. She wasn't sure if she had ever really had a decent conversation with someone at such a high level before. Maybe Baldur? She guessed that this guy must be quite a few levels higher than Baldur himself, though. 

She wondered what it was like to be that high in terms of power. You were practically at the top of the food chain at that level. She hummed. Interesting, interesting. Maybe when she could look at his face without seeing the same person who dove his hand into punch in front of her, she would ask him more about that kind of stuff, but for now, she supposed that she would just have to wait. Until she got that lasting image out of her mind, at least.

He nodded with a smile “The oils in the dressing for the salads are pretty good for my skin in comparison to something like punch.” he said with a chortle. It was fun to compare oddities … no, stupidities, like this. One was bad, the other was just as bad and if not worse, it was just bad upon bad … He chuckled humbly “Yeah, I’m level 86 at this point, and there really isn’t much more for me to do than to just grind the last few levels and do what I can at the raids … Me staying out of the latest raid had seemed to really be a bad decision, as of what I’ve heard it should’ve been a sh*tstorm, if only I could’ve helped.” he said with a deep sigh.

[2 day time skip of them just small talking]

The two had traveled for a bit after waking up after their last night’s sleep, it was finally time. “I hope you’re well rested, the fight is about to begin very soon.” he said as they began to see the giant cave entrance in the distance. "We jump in, take out the small hellhounds in two or three quick rotations, then prepare for the big bad dog, whadya think of that?” he asked.

"Well rested? I've been well rested for the past two days," she mused, crossing her arms over each other as she spotted the cave in the distance. "Simple enough," she noted, drawing her blade out of its sheath. 

She nodded her head at him before she walked towards the cave, and I kid you not. Literally five seconds after she had entered the rock formation, a trio of dogs. . . that were on fire approached her in a not-so-friendly manner. "Alright, they're here!" She called over her shoulder to Macradon before she surged forward, her katana briefly plunging into one of the hound's flesh before she ripped it away from the thing. AoE her ass. She had only managed to hit one of the damn things.

Shame.

Shame on her family, shame on her cow. She shook her head and retreated a few meters back. Macradon would probably do better than her in this situation considering that his weapon had far greater AoE capabilities than hers. . . and maybe he just had better luck in general.

ID: 137647
BD: 2, Miss
CD: 12, +4 EN

ID: 137648
BD: 2, Miss

ID: 137649
BD: 5+3=8, Hit | 16x8= 128-45= 83 350-83= 267

0/0/1 | Cordelia: LVL: 44 | HP: 900/900 | EN: 88/88 | 14+2=16 DMG | 12-XX=XX+30=30 MIT | 3+2=5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY | +40% Phase | BRN RESIST [-25 HP] [+27 HP]

Infernal Hell Hound #1: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 
Infernal Hell Hound #2: HP: 350/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 
Infernal Hell Hound #2: HP: 267/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 

He nodded with a smile and a clenched fist at shoulder height “Alright then, we should be able to handle this no problem!” he said and treaded towards the cave. As they entered, Cordelia was quick with her blade and went in with a quick AOE to deal a fine chunk at the third hellhound. It wasn’t a lot, but it was enough for Macradon to rush in with a heavy <Charge>. Like a bullet in the air, Macradon rushed up to the hellhounds in an instant and prepared his <Calamity Disaster> to be thrown at the dogs, but to very little outcome. His slash would land mostly in the air, missing two of his targets while digging deep into the one that wasn’t as fast as the rest to dodge out of the way.

The blade cleaved into the remaining hellhound and with several deft cuts, Macradon left the hellhound in a very hurt state with only a small sliver of HP left in the red zone. He smiled as it was easy enough to fight against, but something was annoying … burning. “Maybe I should switch to something burn resistant, that will help me handle this burn, perhaps after this skirmish.” he thought and had a note made about remembering to switch to fireproof armor later on today.

With near to no hesitation, the hellhounds retaliated. The first two would easily claw their way into the knight and get a bite in here and there with their maw, all doing miniscule amounts of damage to the knight, nearly negligible amounts of damage. But with their defts swings with their paws and maw, with every bit of contact they made with Macradon, the cold mist of his armor sprung up at the beasts and froze patches of ice into them in an instant, dealing a good amount of chip damage. “Cordelia, you’re up! Take a good hit at them!” he called out to his party member.

@Cordelia

Spoiler

image.png
Charge -1 from Final number
Acc miscalculation -1 from Final number

Attack 1: 26x12-45 = 267 Damage to Infernal Hell Hound 1
                                Attack 2: Miss.
                                Attack 3: Miss.

image.png

Attack 1: 175-122 = 53 Damage to Macradon
                                Attack 2: 175-122 = 53 Damage to Macradon
                                Attack 3: Miss.

- Health List -
[2,1,1]< Macradon >
1864/1900 HP | 21 DMG | 122 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 95 BH | FIREPROOF | 178/187 NRG (-106)(-25)(+95)(-10)

0/0/1 | Cordelia: LVL: 44 | HP: 900/900 | EN: 88/88 | 14+2=16 DMG | 12-XX=XX+30=30 MIT | 3+2=5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY | +40% Phase | BRN RESIST [-25 HP] [+27 HP]

Infernal Hell Hound #1: HP41/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (-267)(-27)(-15)
Infernal Hell Hound #2: HP: 308/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (-27)(-15)
Infernal Hell Hound #2: HP: 267/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 

"Got it!" Cordelia replied back, going in for another AoE attack. 

Her katana slashed through the three dogs, even managing to kill of them before she leapt back. "Alright, one down, more to go! We should be able to get to the Cerberus after these two!" She called over to Macradon. 

It was an odd situation, really. These two white-haired players. Killing a bunch of hounds from hell. With swords. In a cave full of magma. In a virtual-reality game where they got stuck in. That sounds like some kind of main plotline of a fantasy book. . ! Hah, no, this was real.

This was real and weird. She was literally fighting fire-breathing dogs with a man who had practically traumatized her at a gala of all places! A gala. A formal gala. How the hell does someone even get traumatized a formal gala. Her. That's a person who got traumatized in a gala. Her.

ID: 137792
BD: 4+3-7, Hit | 16x8=128-45= 83

ID: 137791
BD: 10, Hit [+6 DMG] 16+6=22x8= 176-45= 151 DMG

ID: 137793
BD: 7, Hit | 16x8=128-45= 83

[1,1]< Macradon > 1828/1900 HP | 21 DMG | 122 MIT | 4 ACC | 2 EVA | 95 BH | 187/187 NRG -Burn 1/2-
[2/2] | Cordelia: LVL: 44 | HP: 877/900 | EN: 66/88 | 14+2=16 DMG | 12-XX=XX+30=30 MIT | 3+2=5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY | +40% Phase | BRN RESIST [-50 HP] [+27 HP]

Infernal Hell Hound #1: HP 0/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (-83)
Infernal Hell Hound #2: HP: 157/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (-151)
Infernal Hell Hound #2: HP: 184/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (-83)

He chortled, Cordelia was getting the hang of fighting like this, she knew what to do and understood commands, she knew how to use her sword, it was great. Like Macradon, Cordelia wielded a holy blade, revealing its bright shining light as she cleaved down one of the flaming hellhounds while leaving two behind to be harvested. “Alright, here I go!” he said and rushed up to the giant beasts. With a quick flurry of blows, the knight cleaved multiple times with a variety of angular slashes, each slash leaving a red scar on the creature, tying in to its hellish demonic aesthetic. Just like Cordelia, Macradon’s holy blade shines brightly as he cleaved down the two beasts with his last fell swoops. “Alright! Only the big guy left!” he said and held a hand up towards Cordelia like he wanted a break “I’ll switch to some better armor than this, It’ll protect me against the Cerberus, the less Fire Damage I take, the more I can tank and the more confident I can fight, I hope you can take some time to wait for me to exchange my armor.” he proposed.

Spoiler

image.png
Acc miscalculation -1 from Final number

Attack 1: 35x12-(45/2) = 398 Damage to Infernal Hell Hound 2
                                Attack 2: 21x12-45 = 207 Damage to Infernal Hell Hound 3

[-,-]< Macradon > 1900/1900 HP | 21 DMG | 122 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 95 BH | FIREPROOF | 166/187 NRG (-25)(-25)(+95)(-13)(+1) 
[-/-] | Cordelia: LVL: 44 | HP: 877/900 | EN: 88/88 | 14+2=16 DMG | 12-XX=XX+30=30 MIT | 3+2=5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY | +40% Phase | BRN RESIST [-50 HP] [+27 HP]

Infernal Hell Hound #1: HP0/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (-83)
Infernal Hell Hound #2: HP: 0/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (-398)
Infernal Hell Hound #2: HP: 0/350 | DMG: 125 | Flame Aura: 45 MIT/25 Thorns | ACC: 2 | EVA: 2 (-207)

"Alright, fair enough."

Cordelia sniffed and gave him a nod as she relaxed. She wasn't worried. The two of them had it in the bag. Even if she were to magically be targeted, she had consumed that potion she had gotten ages ago from the Avalanche quest, so it wasn't like she was going to take massive amounts of burn damage today. And even though she barely had any mitigation, it was going to take quite a few hits for the dogs to actually bring her down, so she wasn't so worried about that either. All in all, they were going to be fine. She actually prepared for this. . ! 

She was honestly just more worried if she was going to miss this time. This time, she was going to try to not have a total breakdown in front of random people, but that was totally up to her katana. Whether she was going to miss or hit was literally all up to her sword. Pretty ironic, isn't it?

ID: 137865 
CD: 9, +4 EN

81/88 +5

900/900 +30

He nodded at Cordelia’s agreement. If he could just get his fireproof armor on and get whatever consumables he needed to still get going, he should be in top condition to just venture straight into battle with as much power as he could while also balancing it out with enough defense to protect himself from heavy fire blows from the boss’s three heads. He touched around his shoulders and arms to see if they were gonna fit, and to his surprise he already had the pieces on “Oh.” he said and tried not to look like a complete dunce, but that was probably already thrown out of the window during the Dinkster Incident. “Yeah I already have the armor on … so let’s go.” he said and began walking towards the Cerberus’ location. “Here we go!” he said and got his <Charge> skill up and running. With blinding light Macradon rushed up to the first head of the cerberus and with a quick cleave, Macradon dealt a good initiating amount of damage to the giant hound. “Alright, good start!” he said and prepared for Cordelia to engage as well, hoping that the heads would focus him over her since he was the first to engage.

ID: 137868
BD: 6-2+3-1=6 -> Hit!
Sword art used: Galaxy Destroyer -> 26x13-75 = 263 Damage to Cerberus Head 1

[2,0,0]< Macradon > 1900/1900 HP | 21 DMG | 122 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 95 BH | FIREPROOF | 159/187 NRG (-30)(+95)(+1)(-8)

Head #1: HP: 237/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 -263
Head #2: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Head #3: 
HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

"Oh."

Cordelia paused. She wasn't really sure how to feel about that.

"Okay."

She followed after the man with a small sigh. What had she gotten herself into?

After Macradon had charged in, Cordelia dashed forward, though she arrived later than he had. The blade of her katana plunged itself into the head of the first dog, dropping its health to only a fraction left. She propelled herself upward before yanking her katana out of the dog's head. She landed next to Macradon and beamed. "You go after the next head, I'll finish this one off!" She exclaimed, turning her attention back to the Cerberus.

Just as she thought. Fine! Only two attacks down and the first head was already almost dead. Yeah, they totally had this in the bag. Unless her katana decided to screw her over or something. Heh-heh. . . it better not do that. She swore if it did--

ID: 137867
BD: 4+5-2=7, Hit | 16x15= 240-75= 165 500-165
CD: 6, +4 EN
MD: 4, Miss

ID: 137869
MD: 1, Miss

ID: 137870
MD: 4, Miss

2/0/0 Macradon 1900/1900 HP | 21 DMG | 122 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 95 BH | 173/187 NRG
1/0/0 Cordelia: HP: 887/900 | EN: 71/88 | 14+2=16 DMG | 12-XX=XX+30=30 MIT | 3+2=5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY | +40% Phase | BRN RESIST [-50 HP] [+27 HP] -30 +27 -10 EN

Head #1: HP: 72/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 -165
Head #2: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Head #3: 
HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

He chuckled “I guess I’m just used to wearing all different kinds of situational wear that I don’t really think about when it becomes relevant. Didn’t even realize those dogs’ fire damage barely grazed me, should’ve known better.” he said while engaged with the great hounds. With Cordelia quickly dispatching one of the heads, Macradon nodded and exclaimed “Aye!”. He rushed up to the other with just as much force as his first attack against the heads, and with this, he dealt a heavy blow towards the Cerberus, leaving it at a wounded point enough for Cordelia to whittle down and possible take down on her next attack, if they repeated this cycle, they would be able to get through this cerberus like it was a piece of cake. The two fighters kept wailing upon the cerberus, and there was nothing it could do, even if it tried to attack, the two were nimble and skilled enough to dodge and deflect.

ID: 137871
BD: 8+3-2-1=8 -> Hit!
Sword art used: Galaxy Destroyer -> 26x13-75 = 263

2/2/0 Macradon 1900/1900 HP | 21 DMG | 122 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 95 BH | 151/187 NRG (-30)(+95)(+1)(-9)
1/0/0 Cordelia: HP: 887/900 | EN: 71/88 | 14+2=16 DMG | 12-XX=XX+30=30 MIT | 3+2=5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY | +40% Phase | BRN RESIST [-50 HP] [+27 HP]

Head #1: HP: 72/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2
Head #2: HP: 237/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 -263
Head #3: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2

Cordelia dashed back into battle once Macradon had dispatched the second head. She soared into the air, her little red capelet flying wildly behind her as she struck her katana down on the already weak head of the Cerberus, slicing it off from the body before it exploded into dozens of tiny blue polygons. Cordelia shuddered as she retreated from the body. The empty space where the first head used to be almost left a burning hole in her stomach. . . it just looked flat out wrong.

She looked over to Macradon. "Do you think you can take out the second head by yourself? Or can I go ahead and go after the last one?" She asked, nodding her head over to the now two-headed Cerberus. . . would it even be called a Cerberus now that it had only two heads? What was a two-headed dog called? She swore there was another name for it. Oscar had one, but she was pretty sure it was not called a Cerberus.

ID: 137872 [meant to put san ge, sorry ><]
BD: 3+3=6, Hit | 15x16=240-75= 165
CD: 9, +4 EN

ID: 137873
BD: 3, Miss

ID: 137873
BD: 4, Miss

2/2/0 Macradon 1900/1900 HP | 21 DMG | 122 MIT | 3 ACC | 2 EVA | 95 BH | 156/187 NRG 
1/0/0 Cordelia: HP: 884/900 | EN: 61/88 | 14+2=16 DMG | 12-XX=XX+30=30 MIT | 3+2=5 ACC | 3 EVA | 1 PARA VNM [DF] | 2 REC | 4 HLY | +40% Phase | BRN RESIST -30 +27 -10 EN

Head #1: HP: 0/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 -165
Head #2: HP: 237/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2 
Head #3: HP: 500/500 | DMG: 175 | Flame Aura: 75 MIT/30 Thorns | ACC: 3 | EVA: 2