[F5 - PP] Hunting in the desert <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 5: the Topaz Hatchling>>

Spoiler

<<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 5: the Topaz Hatchling>>

This quest takes place on Floor 5.

This quest can be repeated for no additional rewards.

You must defeat “Icefyre the Diamond Hatchling” before attempting this quest.

=----=

After the battle of the chilly dragon, the next battle shall take place at the next floor above… much more warmer location, it is said that the dragon even though its young… can summon up a sandstorm strong enough for a typical player to handle… but that’s just a rumor, do you believe it?

=---=

=-=

VFZWw6YUPA_TkoVCnaZo60PL4BL7BCUaKGzf8puo

Tabaluga - the Topaz Hatchling

HP: 300 - MIT: 55 - ACC: 2 - EVA: 1 - DMG: 85

Abilities:

<<Summon Tiny Sandstorm>> : When you approach this dragon, he will summon up a sandstorm strong enough to give you a -1 to accuracy and evasion.

=---=

Recommended Level: 25

Post Limit: 1 Page (20+)

=---=

Rewards:

2 SP - 750 Col (Split between each player)

<Tabaluga’s Topaz> [Vanity Quest Item] : 1 of 9, collect all 9 and meet whom that waits before you, only then will you get the grand prize.

After the swift defeat of the snowy dragon, Macradon would look over at Mari “Time for the next?” he asked and began walking towards the 4th floor’s boss room “It’s probably gonna be just as difficult as this one, which doesn’t say a lot.” he said with a chuckle and traversed through the icy cold snowy wilderness. His armor as well as padding underneath helped a lot of keeping his temperature stable, and with his Survival skill, it only made it easier for him to keep his health from depleting in any weather of sorts. Macradon would switch out his frost resistant armor for his trinket again, making sure that his hits were indeed gonna hit his opponent if anything were to happen when they would engage upon the small dragon. The next dragon was located on the 5th floor, the desert floor. “From what I’ve gathered of intel, the dragon will summon a small sandstorm in its vicinity when anything approached it, making it a bit more difficult to get a good look as well as hit on it, so we should be prepared for that.” Macradon explained to Mari as they walked.

@Mari

Stats

Spoiler

Macradon - Lvl 86
1765 HP
187 Energy
2 Accuracy
0 Evasion
19 Base Damage
 (31 w/ Holy)
- (1 Base +7 Skill +1 Athletics +9 Familiar +1 Ferocity)
107 Mitigation 
- (35 Skill + 72 Armor)

Items
Blade of the Dictator ............ // +12 Holy Damage, Phase
Silverlight ...................... // +72 Mitigation, 36 Frost Thorn(21 on a Crit), 6 Freeze damage(2 turns)
Templar's Necklace ............... // +6 Recovery, +1 Accuracy

Battle Ready Inventory
Empty inventory slot ............. //

Buffs
Rested ........................... // -1 energy cost for the first two expenditures of each combat.
Filling .......................... // Increase the effectiveness of a single food item consumed in a thread by +1 T1 slot.
Relaxed .......................... // Increases out of combat HP regen by (5 * Tier HP) and decreases full energy regen to 2 Out of Combat Posts.
Col Deposit ...................... // +5% bonus col from last-hit monster kills and +10% bonus col
from treasure chests.

Skills
Two Handed Straight Sword  | Rank 5: +7 Damage
Heavy Armor                | Rank 5: +35 Damage Mitigation
Searching                  | Rank 5: +5 LD. +5 Stealth Detection
Battle Healing             | Rank 5: Heal 5%(88) HP each post In-Battle
Fighting Spirit            | +1 Hate generation
Gatherer                   | Obtain additional materials after a successful out of combat gathering based on a natural CD result.
Hiding                   | Rank 5: +5 Stealth roll
Extended Mod Limit       | Rank 2: +3 Mod Slots
Parry                    | Reduce incoming damage by 50%(rounded down)
Energist                 | Add 5xTier(15) Energy to your max pool
Charge                   | Rank 5: +5 on Initial hit

Disguise                   | +1 to your BD and +1 to your opponent’s BD
Survival                   | Heal 45 HP when out of battle
Familiar Mastery: Fighter  | Rank 3: +9(Tier x Rank) Damage
Meditation                 | Recover 3xTier(15) energy with post action. Recover 2xTier(10) energy if you are hit before your next round

Skill Mods
Precision                  | +1 Accuracy
Athletics                  | +1 Damage, +45 Health
Ferocity                   | Increases Base Damage by 1
Finesse                    | Rank 3: Decreases Energy Cost of attacks by 3
Reveal                     | +2 LD when searching for dungeons and labyrinths. You may also search for a sub-dungeon or labyrinth once every 15 posts (instead of 20)
Surprise Attack          | Cannot miss from stealth. +1xTier(3) base damage on first attack
Vengeful Riposte         | Return 50% of damage(mitigatable) to target
Justified Riposte        | Stun attacker for 1 turn
Vanish                   | In combat post action to stealth. Free action in combat to stealth if mob has been slain

Tracking                   | Allows the user to track a previously-encountered monster, NPC, or other player. Negates all bonuses to the target’s Stealth Rating. After tracking, your first attack against the tracked creature cannot miss. Cannot be used in combat

Mari was ready to go for the next one; the quests she was going on with Macradon...they were the most fun she had for a very long time. Mari couldn't really remember a time where she enjoyed herself this much, within Aincrad or outside it. Was her life that miserable? It was best not to dwell on such things. "I'm happy to go for as long as you want to Mac, I really don't have anything better to do right now. I mean...You're kinda my only friend." She shifted her eyes away. "There is... someone else but I don't think they consider me a friend anymore, but..." Her eyes lowered to the snow as she watched it crunch beneath their feet. She couldn't blame Alkor for not wanting to be around her. "That's okay. It's how things are."

Mari opened up her inventory; going through the list of items she had. "Hmm... I have a pizza roll that increases searching capabilities...the Monkey King Potion...a few snowfrosts...but nothing that really helps with accuracy." Mari shrugged. "With my trinket and skills I already have a decent amount of accuracy so that isn't an issue for me."  She laughed as she slapped Macradon on the back. "Although if you're gonna activate that charge skill again it might cause an issue."

They slowly made their way to the exit that would lead the way to the fifth floor. Neither of them were in any rush. And Mari had a feeling Macradon was enjoying the leisurely pace just as much as she was. "I guess... if we can approach it from a higher vantage point you could butt-slap it to death." She snorted. "Do you think that tactic would rival Baldur's?" She joked. 

@Macradon

General
Level: 53 | HP: 1090  |Energy: 106

STATS

DAM: 11 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

SKILLS
Rank 5 Weapon (+5 DMG)
-Weapon Mod: Precision (+1 ACC)
Rank 5 Charge (+5 Damage -1 ACC)
Charge Mod BULL RUSH: Successful charge stuns target 1 turn
Rank 5 Light Armor (+25 MIT)
SURVIVAL

EQUIPPED
Name: 
Kusanagi | Item Type: Dagger | Tier 2
Enhancements: 
Bleed 2 | Damage 2
'Bleed Damage of 24 for 2 turns on a roll of 8-10'

Name: Beacon Necklace | Item Type: Pendant | Tier 2
Enhancements
  +3 ACC 

Name: 
Infernal Shadow | Item Type: Light Armour | Tier 3
Enhancements: 
 +2 Eva | +1 Flame Aura
'Effect: Prevent (6 per slot * Tier) damage per slot from successful attacks against you. Successful non-critical attacks against you deal (5 per slot * Tier) unmitigated burn damage to the attacking enemy.

Edited by Mari

Macradon chuckled awkwardly “It’s sad to hear that I’m your only friend, I had hoped you’d find more people to be with, I appreciate that you still linger by my side, but I don’t think it’s healthy for you only to have me as a friend. Try to befriend Baldur, I’m sure he more than likely would be your friend as well.” he said with a confident smile, hoping that it could push Mari towards a good group of friends one day.

He chortled “Don’t you worry, I only go big or go home! I’m gonna Charge and I hope for all good that I do indeed hit the damn dragon and not just whiff like before. Or else I’ll look like a big buffoon.” he said and stuck out his tongue. “But I should be able to handle most of it with my current accuracy as well, so let’s see how things turn out.”.

Macradon looked at Mari curiously “Baldur had a plan like this? I’ve only heard him go for actual good well thought plans with high success rates, not some stupid “Throw this guy at the enemy” type of shenanigangs.” he said, eagerly waiting to hear what was up with that.

@Mari

Friends...with Baldur... Mari went bright red - starting to talk very quickly - "Yeh. I reallywannabehisfriend - but...I dunnowhathethinksofme..." She laughed it off as she ran her hand through her hair. Kinda thankful that the weather was so cold, because she felt hot and flustered. She wasn't sure why the statement bothered her so much. She really did want to be his friend. But she had only met him once... and whilst they had a really good talk, and he accepted her friend request - she had yet to reach out to him. She didn't want a repeat of the past. "I'm just ...worried that he won't like me as much..." Mari mumbled. "And I mean...you know what happened with Lowe...I find it hard to open up to others."

Mari turned around and 'accidentally' hit her head on a nearby tree. A quick shot of pain ran through her and surprisingly enough, it helped. "Oof...crap..." Mari muttered as she rubbed her head, "Sorry I was a little clumsy there."

Smooth Mari, real smooth

Macradon talked about going big or going home, Mari snorted. "Right, like you're already not one of those." She joked. "But...that's what I like about you, yanno." Mari took a deep breath and placed a hand over her chest. Her heart still felt like it was pounding.

"Is it hot or is it just me? Are we near the boss room?"

@Macradon

Edited by Mari

She was pure speed when talking, like a whee Lightning McQueen going for the gold. It was slightly comprehensible, but he still had to take a double take on it, trying to figure out what she actually said. “Uhmm …” he muttered while taking a few seconds trying to get what just went on. “You should know that Baldur wouldn’t show prejudice towards someone without actually knowing them. You shouldn’t worry too much about it.” he said comfortingly for Mari to relax about the issue.

But it didn’t seem like anything helped right now, it was like she was too flustered … that especially showed itself as she gave a tree a good ol’ Glasgow Kiss with her noggin. “Heey … what did that tree do to you?” he asked jokingly while walking closer to Mari to make sure she was actually fine from it “Are you ok though, it wasn’t that nice to just attack a tree out of nowhere, it could’ve been startled.” he continued with his joking antics.

“Uhh … I think it’s just you, I’m quite comfortable where I am. You should be the one freezing the most with the clothes you have on.” he replied to Mari’s loud thinking “And yeah, we should be close now.” he said and pointed towards the giant cylinder “we should be close.”.

@Mari

“You should know that Baldur wouldn’t show prejudice towards someone without actually knowing them. You shouldn’t worry too much about it.” 

Mari paused and sighed, leaning against a tree, not the same tree she headbutted though. "Yeh..." She said. "A part of me knows that." She said quietly, she rose her hands to her cheeks and slapped them slightly. "I dunno...it just makes me so flustered thinking about it."   She admitted. Mari knew it was childish and stupid, but if anyone understood stuff like that, Macradon would. He was clearly trying to cheer her up. But...Mari wasn't even exactly sad. 

"The tree gave me the stinkeye." She said with a small smirk. Mari drew in a deep breath. "Yeh..I'm fine." Mari said. "Thanks for checking on me." Mari continued as she exhaled. "I really appreciate it. I just - don't do well with some things I guess." 

Mari pulled the scarf away from her, trying to cool herself off. "Okay...I think I'll be good to head off in a minute. A part of me wants to shove my face into the snow...do I look warm?" Mari asked. You couldn't get sick in this game. Right? Did something change during her time away.

@Macradon

“Nahh, don’t worry, it’ll all be great.” he said with a smile, trying to get Mari to not be this flustered of making friends, it was like kindergarten all over again. Two idiots not sure whether another kid would be their friend, it was fun times, it was casual times, it was very relaxing times. 

Listening to that Mari was ok, Macradon replied “Alright alright, if you say so. I didn’t get a glimpse of its eyes, but if you say so.” he added with a slight chortle. It was fun that the two could be so casual with each other, it was very refreshing to not be stern, serious and boring day in and day out, this was a good breather for two friends to cozy up and do shenanigans.

Looking over at Mari “Uhhh … if you want to, you can cool down I guess? You look pretty cold in that outfit, so I’m not sure what to say … but go for it.” he said with a thumbs up pointed at her.

@Mari

It'll be great...

Mari hoped so. Macradon may have thought it sad that Mari only had him as a friend, but she didn't really agree. She was fine with only having a few people she could safely call a friend. She knew of others, acquaintances who all called her their friend - and whilst she did feel bad that she couldn't return the sentiment, she'd hope they understood why. Having everyone betray you over and over again? It was just... too difficult to easily brush off and get over. 

Mari sighed as she pushed herself off the tree, heading to the boss room; Macradon hurried up a few paces before following alongside her. "I'm not cold." Mari said with a shrug. "I've got the Survival skill, and I hang around this floor so often that I guess I just grew used to it. I actually find this sort of weather really inviting."  She groaned as they made their way through the cylinder into the boss room. "Unfortunately...the hotter floors....ugh I hate them..." She mumbled under her breath. "I'd want to avoid them as much as possible, but...here we are." Mari said as they both stepped foot onto the sandy plains of the fifth floor.

"Welp, so much for cooling off, eh?" Mari said as she placed her hands on her hips.

@Macradon

He nodded “People adapt, and so should they. If you’re fine in that attire in this weather, then there isn’t much I should say about it if you’re comfortable in it.” he said with a smile and ventured into the now empty boss room. “I like the hotter floors more than I like the colder floor for some reason. It’s not that the temperature really matters that much, I think it’s the feel of the ground, I somehow like the sand more than I like the snow.” he said. 

He tried to picture himself standing in both terrains, it was like the sand, even though somewhat slippery, was still better than snow, which was much more slippery in his opinion, maybe he was too focused on battle terrain more than what he actually liked being in … his mind has been too focused on fighting that he wasn’t really enjoying everything around him anymore, perhaps he should start to do so.

When the two finally got up to the gleaming sun of the 5th floor, Macradon would take his scarf and hold it over his mouth to protect him for the most part from the occasional sand that could blow in the direction while holding his other arm over his head to shield his vision from the sharp light. “Guess we should walk towards the spawn point.” he said and took a few starting steps into the hot sand.

@Mari

Mari nodded. "Yeh..." She said softly as she rose a hand to shield her eyes from the harsh sunlight. Her tiny steps sunk into the sand, and it was an effort just to pull them back out. Mari could already feel sand in her shoes."Its something I admire about humanity, usually if you take a species out of their environment they can't really adapt and die - but look at us. All over the world. Even in here...its admirable really."  Mari laughed awkwardly about her philosophical view on humanity. It felt a little out of place to just say like that; but it was something she thought was true. Human beings were amazing creatures. Terrible. But amazing. If she allowed herself to think about such things, she'd feel herself drowning in the weight of it all. So instead; Mari was trying to trudge ever forward.

People like Macradon, they were the good people. A sideward glance to the white-haired man made her smile. He came into her life like a blazing fire. Mari was cautious of him at first, his tenacity, his insistence - and his downright ignorance- but it was those few things that they shared in common. Mari wouldn't know what to do if she had lost him as a friend - she had tried so many times to claw her way out of that terrible pit she had thrown herself in, and each and every time she was pushed back in. Sometimes by herself, sometimes by others.

Macradon spoke; snapping Mari out of her thoughts, she blinked. Right. They had to go to the dragon, and it'd be quite the trek with the sand falling away beneath their feet. Looking down at the rolling sand dunes reminded her of her childhood - how they'd take trips up to a rural fishing town surrounded by them. "Hey Mac..." Mari said with a sly tone. "Have you ever been sand sledding?"

@Macradon

Macradon nodded … but only just slightly. It was indeed impressive and admirable to know that the human species was able to adapt to all the circumstances that it would be set out upon … but the reality could also be looked at from a different angle. One could see the human race not adapting, but forcing its environment  to fit what the human needed. Unlike how their ancestors moved nomadically to find better pasture, the current human would settle down and force the ground to do its bidding. Instead of adapting to the weather, people would build shelters. Instead of adapting to what food resources were available, people used agriculture. All good survival tactics, but were they really adapting?

Macradon never really ever tried to think of stuff in such a philosophical way. Thinking deeply of things often resulted in the knight going too deep for him to ever escape of any ill thoughts upon the matter, it was every time he tried to indulge in any deep conversation the pessimist in him awoke, like some innate hate dormant within.

Alter a short time of thinking, Mari responded with what sounded like another great chaotic idea, Macradon was way too joyous to hide his smile as he thought about the idea wild shaking his head in response "Can't say I have, no.". If observed the sandy dunes laid out in front of him, going sledding would probably be the most efficient way of transport instead of trekking through it like they were right now.

@Mari

That seemed to get his attention. He was practically jumping. Mari wasn't sure if her white-haired companion even noticed it. Up and down he bobbed like an excited child who had too much sugar. Eyes sparkling with the warmth and energy of a great sun. Mari shook her head as she laughed softly at his enthusiasm.  "We used to do it all the time as kids." Mari explained as she opened up her inventory, trying to find something she could use as a sort of make-shift sled.  "Once a year, during summer - we'd visit my uncle, he owned a fishery in a small seaside town, only about 12 people actually lived there. The place was surrounded by sand dunes...so, as kids we made our own fun."

There...was very little Mari could use - the closest thing she could find was a jacket, Mari pulled the white fluffy coat from her inventory and caught it in her hands before it fell to the sand. "A shield or plate of armour would probably work better, but all I got is this. I dunno if you have snow where you're from, but I imagine its very similar to that, just get in - push off, and vroom we'll get to the boss in no time."

@Macradon

Macradon nodded at Mari’s explanation “I’ve never tried it with sand dunes … I’ve tried it with snow, and even though there were quite a lot of sand dunes, snow has always been the go to for me.” he replied, explaining the conditions he were in back outside. “Sounds like a nice place, wherever I’ve been when I was a kid there were always a good bunch of people, so those secluded areas were never really something I experienced in my home country.”.

“Alright!” he replied and opened up his inventory, trying to look for different types of armor he had at his disposal he could use as a sled. Bringing out the Glacial Hide he had from the earlier fight, Macradon shrugged “Guess this’ll be enough.” he said and placed it on the sand. He took a few steps back to get a running start, ran up to the plate armor and jumped into it. “Cowabunga” he exclaimed while rushing down the side of the dune in rapid speed as he sat on top of the curved steel plating.

@Mari

Mari watched as Macradon pulled out a large piece of armour. Damn that's much better than a jacket She sighed at her misfortune. Oh well, it'd be better than nothing. Her disappointment quickly disappeared as Macradon literally threw himself down the dune. Screaming out a catchphrase straight from the 80's as he did. "Sheesh..." Mari said as she threw her jacket onto the floor. "Better catch up."   She sat on her jacket and scooted forward a few feet till she started sliding down the hill.

She felt the rush of the wind whip her hair back, Mari grinned - then laughed - it felt ecstatic! Thrilling, like a roller-coaster.  As the hill leveled out she lost her balance. Turns out - a jacket did not make a good sled. She ended up tumbling forward off the jacket. One somersault, two somersaults, then three - before Mari came to a stop next to Macradon - her jacket a few metres behind her.  Her hair was frizzy, covered in sand - and a mess. But Mari didn't care, she laughed boisterously as she slapped Macradon on the back.

"Haha hows that for travelling?" 

@Macradon

“Woooohooooooooooo!” he exclaimed from the speed he traveled while riding the sandy waves like he were surfing on water, not that he’d know much about surfing at all. It did not take long before he slowly got the hang of turning left and right by the way he used his arms as oars to change the direction of his sliding, it was exhilarating, he was getting pumped by this sudden rush of adrenaline he felt while flying down. 

He heard Mari not too far back from him, she was enjoying it as well, laughing. It was a heartwarming feeling having a friend like her, seeing how happy she seemed of her situation, much better than when he first met her, and much different from what he had heard about her before he met her, it was like she was a totally different person after all this time she had spent trying to get back into the community of the frontlines.

He looked with wide eyes as Mari’s makeshift sled wasn’t as great as his metal armor. “Oh sh*t.” he said as he watched Mari tumble off from the sudden crash into the sand, he would get up to check up on her, but she seemed fine, seemed better than fine, she had fun. “That was quite a joyful way of getting through the terrain I have to admit.” he said with a chortle and put his armor away into his inventory again. “Now where were we …” he said and looked around “The dragon should probably be close to here.” he said while brushing off the sand from his armor and clothes.

@Mari

Mari coughed as she pushed herself up and out of the sand, shaking it off - she backtracked for her jacket and in a low sweep fished it off the ground. "I'm gonna be feeling sand everywhere for days." She groaned, but it was quickly replaced with a lighthearted giggle. She gave the white coat a few shakes to dislodge the grains of sand that had wormed their way into it before she placed it back into her inventory. "Hey, remind me to grab a shield or piece of heavy armour from somwhere, in case we have to do that again. Better yet..." Mari pivoted on her heel giving Macradon a jovial grin and a wink. "Let's go sledding near my house next time."

She approached him as she dusted herself off. "I'll follow you, I use landmarks for direction and we're kinda bone dry on those around here."  Macradon gave a nod and started off in a direction, Mari followed. "You know, I've been thinking a lot about that teacher thing. I wanna do it."

@Macradon

Macradon chuckled “At least you can take a joke and not have a sandy - … I’m just gonna stop it there.” he said with a chortle and tried to brush over one of his other stupid attempts of a joke. Mari had thought about getting something for sledding like some armor or a shield and Macradon got a thought “You know … I might have quite a lot of old junk stuff that you can have, I’ll have to check when I get back into my shop, that’s where all the junk usually is, I for the most part have the good stuff on my for most of the time since it’s so much situational equipment.” he proposed for Mari to consider.

He nodded at Mari “I’ll try to lead the way.” he said and switched out one of his Ripostes to his Tracking skill and opened up the HUD. Typing in the name they were given from the quest info, it would seem easy to find as a trail would show itself like a crosshair marking a target “I got the general direction.” the scout said with his eyes overlayed with blueish green tint as his eyes were looking through the many dunes and rocks lying about the 5th floor.

Quickly switching it off so he could see where Mari actually was, Macradon exclaimed “That’s amazing! I would love to make it a reality, and having you there would really give me confidence to keep the dream going and become a reality sooner rather than later.”.

< Switched Vengeful Riposte for Tracking >

@Mari

Macradon made some sort of attempt of a joke - Mari simply gave him a light, reassuring pat on his back. "There, there. Ya can't win them all." She jested with a cheeky grin. She didn't quite get the joke but had a feeling if he had continued she would have probably needed to slap him one. "Junk stuff eh..." Mari said thoughtfully. "You know...if you have so much of it you should sell it to a merchant, get some Col, but you probably have plenty of that eh?"

Mari sighed as she shifted her gaze forward, shielding her eyes from the sun. She never really had a need for Col, she had been giving it away lately, and just overpaying for things at the stores she went to. "I need to get some more myself...I wouldn't mind adding a bedroom to my house so yanno...I actually have somewhere to sleep."

Hearing the excitement in Macradon's voice filled Mari with a myriad of emotions. Happiness- because he was genuinely excited to have her on board - concern, because why and wouldn't that make things harder if he were to approach others? She had already ruined his friendship with Bahr...she didn't want to ruin any others. But still...it was lively - and Mari was more than happy to give him an excitable smile, ear to ear - "Sure thing boss. Just tell me what to do and I'll do it!"

@Macradon

He chuckled nervously “Hehe … yeah, not all jokes are winners.” he said, a bit too nervous to admit the sandy va- joke … “The amount of col I get from selling all my junk crafts to a merchant is what I get when I accidentally sneeze towards a monster …” he said with a sigh, there was near to nothing to do with all his junk, and he doesn’t really need the col from the junk sale either way, so it would just be a waste of time.

“If you’re willing to, we could do the Nature’s Treasure on the 21st floor, it would be easy to collect large numbers of Col through those monsters that spawn there, they have a slightly higher yield of Col than regular monsters, so that’s a way to do it.” he said, trying to give Mari a way of getting the Col she wanted so she could sleep in a bed.

He nodded “You can call me headmaster!” he said, fearing what the future would show him with this title of headmaster … hopefully Baldur wouldn’t be one to know about this headmaster thingy. With his Tracking skill now fully locked onto the dragon’s whereabouts, Macradon was ready “It’s about 40 meters ahead, so let’s get ready to fight.” he said and drew his sword.

< Macradon is tracking Tabaluga >

@Mari

Mari slapped Macradon across the back, perhaps a little too hard - Oops  "Damnn Mac, you gotta take me on one of those things. Let me sleep in style, I'd be able to afford a nice King sized bed with that kinda cash." Maybe it was something they could do after, take a break from fighting all these dragons. "I'd like that, Mac. Let's do it."

Mari's foot hit something hard. "Whoaa..." She stepped forward a few paces, arms out as she struggled to regain her composure. "Hold up!" Mari turned to see what it was she had tripped on. She lowered herself to her knees and dug around in the sand till she pulled out a useless, empty treasure chest. "Pffft... well at least I didn't fall flat on my ass again."  She said with a laugh, standing and dusting her hands.  

Headmaster?  Mari snorted then laughed, slapping her knee. "Headmaster Macradon. Gods...sure, yeh. Let's call you that." She jutted a thumb toward herself.
"I guess that'd make me the b**tchy teacher - and Baldur would be the handsome one all the girls fawn over, right?" 

So if they were 40 metres away earlier.... Mari lifted her hand to shield her eyes as they grew closer and closer. "Hey...I think I see it, is it that weird lumpy thing over there?" Mari asked. "Did we wanna try throwing you at it again?" She kicked at the sand. "Don't think we have a lot of traction to work with here though." 

@Macradon

(Checking for chest) 137146 LD:10 - fail

Edited by Mari