[F5 - PP] Hunting in the desert <<Dragon Hunter Anthology - Dragon Hunt 5: the Topaz Hatchling>>

He nodded “Aight, I will!” he said with a smile and made mental notes that would probably be forgotten because why not. He would want to go farming again, he hadn’t done so in a long time, and a good boost in Col could always be a good thing to have in the bank if he were to need it or someone else would need a loan from him. Natures treasure was perhaps the next thing they were supposed to do to boost some of the income.

“Oh?” he muttered and looked over at Mari, she had found a treasure chest … and empty one tho. He sighed and moved on, nothing peculiar to take a look at.

He laughed “Haha, sure, let’s go with that.” he said, thinking of how the school could be set up and where it could be set up, all it needed was for him to just jump away from KoB and make his own school where he could have training halls and the like … maybe he could just do a hostile takeover of KoB and make that his school … endless possibilities.

He nodded “Let’s give it a try tho.” he said and reached out his hand for Mari to grab on ti, and with a quick tug, the two would send the knight flying towards the small dragon. This time it wasn’t as smooth nor fast, and as he came flying, the dragon spotted him immediately and started up this sandstorm around itself, covering Macradon in dirt as well. He couldn’t see where the dragon was nor how far from the ground he were, and with a crash, Macradon landed ...

@Mari

ID: 137148
BD: 1+2-1-1-1=1(0) HECKA MISS.
CD: 8, Recovery Proc.
Sword art used: Miss!

- Health List -
[1]< Macradon >
1765/1765 HP | 19 DMG | 107 MIT | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 187/187 NRG (-2)(+6)

< Tabaluga >     300/300  HP | 85 DMG |  55 MIT | 2 ACC |  1 EVA

"Wait! No Mac I don't think thats a-"

According to all known laws of yeeting, there is no way that a Macradon should be able to be Yeeted. His legs are too small to lift his tall ass body off the ground. The Macradon, of course, Yeets anyways. Because Marcradon don't care what humans think is impossible.

Macradon had grasped Mari's arm, and used it to propel himself forward, she wasn't ready - and the ground simply didn't have enough grip for him to do any good. He disappeared into the sandstorm that seemed to whip out out of nowhere. "I TOLD YOU!" Mari shouted after him as she grabbed her dagger in a reverse grip and charged after him, activating her <<Eternal cyclone>> Skill.

"Oomph"  Instead of gracefully taking the lead and attacking the bastard of a dragon Mari's foot caught something. Down she fell, till she landed on top of Macradon with a thud. And let her tell you, falling hard ontop of hard armour and bony arms, no matter how toned they were - hurt.  "Dammit." Mari said as she went to push herself up off him. Of all the awkward positions to be in with your best friend this was not one she wanted to be a part of.

The tiny dragon tried to snap at them but Mari grabbed Macradon by the shoulders and rolled over, and over - She let Macradon go as she lay there in the sand. "Well." Mari said with a sigh. "Now I definitely have sand everywhere."  It was the first dragon to give either of the two trouble. But, that's what made it fun - right?

At least...it'd be more fun if she couldn't feel sand in every crook and cranny. She swore even when she blinked she could feel the tiny granules behind her eyelinds. Mari groaned as she shut her eyes and lifted her scarf up over her mouth. Scratch that, this wasn't going to be fun. It'd be annoying.

@Macradon

STATS
MARI   HP 1090/1090  | ENERG  104/106  |  DAM: 11 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

ID:137150   BD: 3  +4 - 2 =5 MISS 
ID:137150: MD: 3+2-3=Miss

11 x 13 =143-50 =88
[x13] Eternal Cyclone (11 Energy) - The user holds their dagger in a reverse-grip, and then spins wildly at high speeds, becoming a bladed whirlwind that strikes the target repeatedly.

< Tabaluga >     300/300  HP | 85 DMG |  55 MIT | 2 ACC |  1 EVA

Edited by Mari

Plomping onto the ground, Macradon felt his defeat against his virtual enemy; virtual gravity! “I never thought Science would defy me like this! Why!” he muttered while still lying on the ground, defeated. Mari was right, it wasn’t the right time to try and yeet himself at the dragon like that, the sand was too loose, there wasn't any rocky ground to be steadfast on, all there was was sand. Macradon grasped a good handful of the sand and was ready to pocket it for some pocket sand later on to fool the enemy … but unfortunately, his armor did not encompass any pockets.

He hit the ground with a closed fist “Defeated, once again already! That’s gotta be a new record …” he thought as he get up on a knee. With his fist with sand, Macradon threw it at the baby dragon that he had just located in the eyes of the sandstorm, but what bright idea it was to throw sand in a sandstorm, truly only idiots like this knight were one to think of that. “F***” he exclaimed and quickly got up into a defensive stance “Don’t you worry, I can handle this! This is my least vulnerable spot!” he said and guarded his body with his sword.

@Mari

BD: 1+2-1-1=1, Miss.
CD: 2 -> No Proc.
Sword art used: Miss.

- Health List -
[2]< Macradon >
 1765/1765 HP | 19 DMG | 107 MIT | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 185/187 NRG (-2)
[0]< Mari >     1090/1090 HP | 11 DMG |  43 MIT | 4 ACC |  3 EVA | 104/106 NRG

Mari had tried to attack the tiny dragon; again her dagger flashed as she flipped it around in a reverse grip in her hands - but as she neared the dragon the sandstorm whipped up, harder, better, faster, stronger. "Sh*t." Mari spat as she was pushed backward, at least this time she didn't trip.

"I can't see anything in this bloody sandstorm!" Mari spluttered, even with her voice and mouth muffled by her scarf, she could still feel tiny granules of sand in her mouth. On her tongue, between her teeth...and great, now she was aware of her tongue in her mouth, and how it was gently resting against the roof of her mouth. Mari groaned as she took a few faltering steps back. 

"Where are you Mac?" Mari asked as she blindly waved her arms in front of her. At least they were suffering together. True friends, till the end.

Somewhere, in the distance - darude plays

@Macradon

STATS
MARI   HP 1090/1090  | ENERG  102/106  |  DAM: 11 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

ID:137175  BD: 4 + 4 = 8-2-1=5  FAIL  
ID:137175   MO 3+2-3= FAIL 

11 x 13 =143-50 =88
[x13] Eternal Cyclone (11 Energy) - The user holds their dagger in a reverse-grip, and then spins wildly at high speeds, becoming a bladed whirlwind that strikes the target repeatedly.

Edited by Mari

After the sudden clash of bodies in the sand and Macradon had taken time to get back up, he was ready to fight. These two idiots trying to hit the dragon was some sight to see. Two frontliners, barely able to get a hit in on this little feeble thing, it was pitiful … but perhaps it was just because they came ill prepared. After the two had separated from their clash, the sands were covering too much for the two to know where they were “Uhh … I’m over here! Give me a sec!” he called out through the sandy storm swirling around them. He quickly located the eye of the sandstorm and readied his blade. Quickly dashing forward, Macradon would strike down upon the small dragon, taking off a good chunk of its health with his fell swoop “I’m over here now!” he said as his sword art finished.

@Mari

ID: 137193
BD: 8+2-1-1=8 -> Hit.
CD: 3 -> No Proc
Sword art used: Galaxy Destroyer -> 19x13-55 = 192 Damage to Tabaluga

- Health List -
[4]< Macradon >
 1765/1765 HP | 19 DMG | 107 MIT | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 177/187 NRG (-9)(+1)
[0]< Mari >     1090/1090 HP | 11 DMG |  43 MIT | 4 ACC |  3 EVA | 102/106 NRG

< Tabaluga >     108/300  HP | 85 DMG |  55 MIT | 2 ACC |  1 EVA               (-192)

This was hell. The sand burned her eyes, and the hot wind whipped around her body, pelting uncovered skin like tiny daggers. It wasn't quite painful but it was very, very unpleasant. Mari wanted this over and done with, and fast.  If the dragon had been the cause of the sandstorm, then she would just have to try and be rid of the damn thing.

Mari flipped her Dagger so she held it in a reverse grip- and with that motion it flashed brightly, activating <<Eternal Cyclone>>. A shining beacon amidst the chaos of the storm. Mari charged forward and jumped, using the momentum of the whipping winds to help her strike out at the tiny dragon. With each attack it hollered in pain. And for once, Mari thought it a good thing. If they couldn't rely on their sight - they'd have to rely on their ability to hear.

"HEY!" Mari called out in the direction that she heard Macradon's voice coming from. "I Think I hit it. Follow the sound of my voice and attack near there. But if you hit me you owe me dinner!" She called back.  

Mari could still see very little, blurry outlines, and that was all. Could that be Macradon, the dragon? A bigger dragon? Who knows.

@Macradon

STATS
MARI   HP 1090/1090  | ENERG  102/106  |  DAM: 11 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

ID: 137226     BD:5 + 4 =9 -2-1=6    MOB:1+2-3=FAIL 

11 x 13 =143-50 =88

< Tabaluga >     20/300  HP | 85 DMG |  55 MIT | 2 ACC |  1 EVA

Edited by Mari

Macradon stumbled around, it was difficult to get a look at what was going on. The sand was blowing everywhere, the wind was howling, he was way too disoriented to really know what was going on. When he heard Mari’s voice, he tried to get towards it and strike into the air, but his uncertainties made him miss by a long shot. This sandstorm was much more of a bother than he had anticipated from when he heard the gathered information, it was getting to a point of real irritation, but Macradon had to act of what had happened “I missed, I can’t seem to get a good enough hit without proper vision of it!” he called out to Mari, hoping that she would be able to take the last shot at the small dragon before the fight dragged out for too long. If it were to come to a dire situation, all he had to do was to wait out for a good opportunity to strike, as he would be more than capable of taking a hit or two from itty bitty lizzy.

@Mari

ID: 137314
BD: 4+1-1-1=3 -> Miss!
CD: 12 -> Recovery Proc!
Sword art used: Miss.

- Health List -
[5]< Macradon >
 1765/1765 HP | 19 DMG | 107 MIT | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 182/187 NRG (-2)(+7)
[1]< Mari >     1090/1090 HP | 11 DMG |  43 MIT | 4 ACC |  3 EVA |  92/106 NRG

< Tabaluga >      20/300  HP | 85 DMG |  55 MIT | 2 ACC |  1 EVA               

Mari could hear Macradon, not too far from her; it sounded like he had missed again. "Don't worry!" She called out as she activated the <<Starlight Slash>> Sword Art. "I can see it! I just gotta...." Mari darted forward - she just had to hit it one...last.....time... She would show Macradon she was capable and strong, she'd show the world that even though she had been gone for two years that she was not one to easily back down. Come hell or high water, come raging seas or blistering sands.

Mari jumped up and over the small dragon, ready to attack it as she would turn on her heel, but - that was her downfall. When Mari landed the Sword Art flickered out as she flailed helplessly...she had jumped too far, and had missed her mark. Why didn't she just attack the damn thing? She had been able to see it then. "Mac I can-plah play PLAHH..PLthchew.."  Mari had tried to call out to her friend but being this close to the dragon; she got nothing more than a mouthful of sand.

Tabulga cried out, a loud screech as it took flight - the tiny creature turned to Macradon and latched tightly onto his armour. It's tiny jaws then opened wide and clamped down hard on Macardon's ear. Then, Tabaluga's health started to go down, foolishly landing on Mac's frost thorns - in that instant - the creature died. Bursting into an array of pixels.

As Tabulga died - the sandstorm died down. Mari felt like she could breathe again. "What the hell was that..." Mari breathed. "Next time...we're bringing sh*t to increase our accuracy." 

@Macradon

STATS
MARI   HP 1090/1090  | ENERG  100/106  |  DAM: 11 | EVA 3  | MIT 43 | ACC 4 | 

MACRADON   1764/1765 HP | 19 DMG | 107 MIT | 1 ACC | -1 EVA | 182/187 NRG (-2)(+7)

ID:137375   BD: 4+ 4 =8 -2-1=5 MISS     MOB: 7+1 = HIT ON MACRADON

11 x 7=77-50 =27
[x7] Starlight Slash (6 Energy) - Leap over target, blade shimmering in the light as if light by moonlight, before slashing target from above.

< Tabaluga >     0/300  HP | 85 DMG |  55 MIT | 2 ACC |  1 EVA

Edited by Mari

The storm raged on, just like the battle had been. With everything being clouded by the walls of sand being thrown from side to side, it made it very difficult to get anything done in this weather. The dragon was unable to hit the two nimble warriors, but the storm was also blocking the two from getting enough clean hits on the reptilian to finish off the battle. “Dangit!” Macradon exclaimed, frustrated by the fact that it was so hard to find anything in this storm, nothing was noticeable enough to give him any directional advice of where to head, and the storm was already not that easy to traverse within.

He clicked his tongue, but when he heard Mari exclaim, he quickly went over to the voice of his friend. But as he approached, like a face hugger alien, the small dragon leapt up at the knight, clinging onto his ice cold plates of armor. With a bite towards his exposed ear, Macradon could do nothing but exclaim the sudden realization that the dragon had bit him. Before he had any time to do anything, the mist had already begun covering the dragon as it approached and icy patches had already frozen themselves onto the dragon, slowly incapacitating it.

He grabbed the dragon and threw it to the side, the dragon erupted in crystals like the others had and the storm slowly subsided. With his offhand, Macradon would wipe away the sweat from his forehead after the intense heat as well as all the movement they had done during this charade of falling everywhere in the sand. “Sheesh …” he said and sighed heavily and nodded “Let’s get some better research going so we know much better what we’re up against.” he said and looked at the remains of the dragon, leaving a small amount of loot for the two to pick up, the quest item they had both been gathering for the quest line.

@Mari

Mari grinned at Macradon, his ear was bright red - it was almost comical to see. "err, how's your ear there buddy?" She asked. It was so much easier now, with the sandstorm subsided she felt like she could breath again. It was still unbearably hot - but she could see. That was so much better.  Mari drew in a deep breath as she pushed back sweaty, sand clogged bangs out of her face.

"I think I need a long dip in a lake somewhere..." Mari muttered to herself as she looked down at her attire. "There's meant to be some fancy event tonight and I don't think I'd be allowed into it looking and smelling like I rolled around in a box of kitty litter."

Mari grabbed the little gem that the dragon had dropped. They were over halfway through now, right? That was kind of exciting, being able to do an entire questline line this with someone, having that someone put up with her? "This has been really fun."  Mari said in earnest as she turned to give Macradon another smile. "You're way too good to me ya know that?" Mari said as she slapped him on the back.

"So, next time we go questing it'll be Natures Treasure right? That'll give us some time to research the last few dragons."

@Macradon

He chuckled and scratched the back of his head “I’m fine I guess … it doesn’t really hurt … it’s just annoying.” He said somewhat embarrassed that because he didn’t wear his helmet, he was now Rudolph the Red Eared Warrior. He sighed and tried to brush off the sand of his clothes under the armor, but that didn’t seem like helping at all “I guess I also have to repolish this armor and wash my clothes … Let’s take a small break and I’ll contact you, we can meet somewhere on the 21st floor, that way we can get enough Col for the school.” he said with a confident smile and began doffing most of his armor to release all of the trapped sand under the plates. 

“Seems like I have a lot of maintenance work today …” he said and sighed at his armor. “And please, I treat you like I would with anyone that sees me for who I am. You’re one of my closest friends right now. I don’t know if that says anything about our friendship or if it just says about my friends in general … but I’m not too good to you, I’m doing just enough for you.” he retorted with a smile.

Thread Completed
Acquired

575 Col each
3 Sp each
1 Tabaluga's Topaz each