[PP-F21-E3] <<Natures Treasure>> Let's just blame Shield for this one - ADVENTURE

"I don't think you're going to get a lot of use out of charge with the dagger, if I'm being blunt." Baldur frowned at the words. He didn't like being blunt, especially with someone else's build, but she seemed to want input.

"If you went with the trickster build, then you could keep the dagger, because the physical damage is irrelevent compared to the DoT damage it unleashes. But at that point, you also don't need charge. If you wanted to go with a more consistent damage type build, and keep charge, then you're better off going with Rapier, or switching to two-hand all together."

Baldur reeled in his line to see what he had gotten this time.

That was when Mari shyly offered him the recording crystal. Baldur had remembered when he met her about how self conscious she was about anyone listening to her play. It showed her face now, she was embarrassed that anyone would want to listen to her music, or listen to it in public. But Baldur enjoyed the music, it had set the tone for that part of the 4th floor for him.

"Oh wow... thank you! I look forward to having my own on demand background music whenever I want."

Baldur picked up the crystal, and then hit the play function, so that they could enjoy it. It really was a pleasant, subtle tone that didn't take away from what was going on around them, but had a self reflective melody.

"I love it."

ID#142243
CD: 5  (Material +1)(+1 housing bonus)
LD: 2+3=5 (Eggs +2)

Materials: 12
Eggs: 26

Edited by Baldur
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142349 results: Craft: 1 [Nothing]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 38
Col: 3,675
Materials: 11
Rare Weapons: [139937a]
Rare Consumables: [139937b] [139937c] [141356a] [141356b]

Shield did not want to interrupt the moment. For that matter, it seemed that neither did the fish. Still, he continued to cast out his line and slowly reel in, careful not to do so too forcefully to create extra noise. The sound of the violin filled the underground cavern, the hard stone and reflective water creating the perfect echo chamber. Both were the perfect materials to bounce the sound back to the listeners. It created a sustained resonance for each note, layering the ascending and descending notes in their respective chords, occasionally creating the slightest bit of discord only to resolve a moment later. It was nice.

It was only in this moment that Shield realized how little time he had set aside for things such as music and art. That was something he would need to take some time to do with Calypso when she found some time. He realized that he was smiling and turned his face subtly away from the others, both to give Mari a little bit more privacy and to keep the attention off of himself.

And here I was only thinking of musical instruments in SAO as tools for performers to provide buffs for other players. Shows what I know, I suppose.

Edited by Shield

"I see..." Mari said as she cast out her line. He was blunt, but Mari expected that of him, she'd rather that then him trying to humor her. "You can blame Mac for that one - he's the one who recommended I get charge. I suppose I have been having a lot of trouble lately with the dagger. I could change my weapon, but to what?" Mari asked herself. "I kinda was just haphazard with a lot of my skills. I can probably only return one lot of skill points before the boss - so we need to work out if I should put away my dagger, and pick up another weapon, or go with the hide and trickster route with healing."  Mari sighed. "Ahh but if I change weapons I have to attempt to find another demonic weapon with two unique enhancements - that's kinda hard to come by. I may get lucky if I run the event dungeons, but I don't want to gamble on luck alone."

Mari grinned. "Ah!" She perked up when he smiled warmly at her, his smile felt like the warmth of the gentle rays of the morning sun. She felt the heat radiating from her cheeks but in that moment she failed to care. Because she was able to do something she felt she weren't all that great at - making someone smile"You're welcome - it took me a little bit to get right." She admitted with a tug on her ginger hair. "It's kinda a little hard to get it just right so the playback loops. If you like that, I can - uh I can record you another. I was going to but I wanted to see if you liked it or not." It was then that Baldur had started to play it; the song - a gentle and uplifting violin solo began to play. It, coupled with the shimmering lights and the gentle bubbling of the river before them. Boy he really knew how to set the mood without even meaning to, didn't he?

"I love it."

"That - means a lot. Especially from you." Mari gave him a gentle smile as she tilted her head. "Probably more than you realize or know." She turned her gaze to the water as she began to reel in her catch. She had only picked up two eggs from the end of her line, but Mari felt confident in her total egg count. She felt it...a little strange that Shield was being so quiet - but she decided she'd prefer that over him prodding and teasing her. 

@Baldur

ID:142350 CD10: LD:5
2 eggies 3 materials

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
40 x eggies
13x T3 materials

Edited by Mari

"I know how shy you are about having others listen to your music, so I appreciate the gesture."

Baldur was a little bit embarrassed, thinking back about how he had thought the soft violin music trying so hard to push through the snow of the 4th floor to be heard had been the environmental background music, when it had apparently been Mari playing for herself in isolation. The number of times they must have just passed each other would have beggars belief, but the driving snow that far out meant that the visibility was fairly low.

Baldur reeled in on his line, but instead of fish, he got a giant bag of eggs.

That's what I'm here for.

"Going back to the builds though, ultimately the choice is up to you. How far down you want to go down the support path, but if you are able to get Field Medic before the boss fight, that means we can at least have one field medic use per party, with one of them having 2 uses, due to Shield and Hestia also having them."

He quickly baited the line and then cast it back out, listening to the zip of the line as it sailed out over the dark waters of the cave grotto.

"Shield may be an immovable wall, and Calrex may have so much mitigation and hit points without even trying, but the status effects kept him locked down. As the bosses get more tricks up their sleeves, support players become more critical. There have been quite a few fights that we were only able to finish because Shield or Hestia were <<energizing>> me."

ID#142663
CD: 3 (no mats)
LD: 20+3 (8 eggs)

Materials: 12
Eggs: 34

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142665 results: Craft: 8 [2 Materials found] Loot: 9+8=17 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 46
Materials: 13

"Well, keep in mind, I do not yet have Field Medic, only First Aid and Sharpness," Shield said, winding up his line in preparation to cast. "I find myself spread very thin on skill mods, and even thinner on skill slots in general," he sighed. "So far, I already have Athletics, Focused Howl, Stone Wall, Sharpness, Justified Riposte, and Vengeful Riposte." He threw up his hands in defeat. "I'm already over budget without even adding any more. I could probably lose one of the Parry mods, maybe Athletics..." The furrows on Shield's forehead deepened, and he slowly shook his head. "I know Field Medic and Barrier would be better, but it is... hard to give up on anything that adds so to my mitigation and my health."

With his mind still turning over his options like an under-cooked omelette, he cast out his line, continuing to mull over his options. By the time he realized he had gotten a bite, the fish had already gotten away with an extra ten seconds worth of swimming. He reigned it in, taking control easily. It barely put up a fight once it started to lose that battle, and before long, there was a fresh pile of candy fish flanks and chocolate eggs. "It would probably be wise to have one player with Field Medic and one with Barrier... Get the best of both worlds."

Edited by Shield

Mari cast out her line, hearing the satisfying plop as the sinker broke through the waters barrier. "It is a little embarassing. But knowing others enjoy it... It makes me happy."  It had always made her grandparents proud. "I never used to be so reserved about it. My bastard of an ex husband kinda insulted me for playing it. Called it screeching cat music. Yet he listened to EDM. " Mari scoffed at the mention. She never once judged him for his tastes. "It shouldn't matter what music someone likes. If it speaks to them, then that's a wonderful thing." Mari desperately wanted to say more. She was enjoying the conversation but her words failed her. Instead she ended the discussion on an offer. "Whenever you want, just say the word and I'll play for you, Baldur."

She quietly listened as they both discussed the need for field medic. "Sure." Mari agreed to the suggestion. "I'll easily have enough skill points to grandmaster that, heck I'll probably be able to grab one of the mods too." She added with a grin. It felt nice to know she'd be able to add some use to the frontlines. "I uh...have to admit I've been feeling a little useless in battle lately."

Mari paused as her line tugged. Pulling up a set of 4 eggs.

"So Shield..." Mari said with a wry grin. "I think I'm catching up. Looks like I might even win our little bet No candles for me, eh!?." Mari wanted to win. She couldn't subject Baldur to something he probably wanted no part in. Had no interest in. Her eyes shifted to the samurai. He was so wrapped up in his work, he stood tall and proud. "You talk about Shield being an immovable object, but I've seen the way you fight. I'd consider you much the same. Your ferocity in battle is admirable, and you look stunning whilst doing it."

@Shield @Baldur

ID:142728 CD:7 LD14
4 eggies 
Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
44 x eggies
13x T3 materials

Edited by Mari

Baldur's eyebrows climbed up his forehead when he heard Shield didn't have field medic. Had it really been that long since they had fought together? But then, Baldur rarely needed healing, and Shield could usually get by with just his familiar giving him an injection every once in a while and his battle healing keeping him topped off.

"I guess it has really been far too long since we've fought together if I didn't remember you didn't have <<Field Medic>>."

Baldur began to reel in his line, and was quite pleased with another large haul of materials and eggs. A few more and he would have everything he needed.

"I would guess that vengeful riposte is more useful to you against a tank than Justified, but then it probably wouldn't get over a bosses mitigation unless it was a big one... But the last few Labyrinth bosses have hit pretty hard, so maybe six of one, half dozen of the other? There are plenty of stun attacks in a group, so I could see that being less useful."

"That'll be really helpful Mari." Baldur said when she mentioned having the new skills in time for the raid, "That at least gives us someone with a field medic ability for every party, barring Hestia having respecced out of it."

The floater plopped into the water and bobbed up and down as Baldur stretched his arms and gave a slight yawn, before blushing at Mari's words.

"I usually refer to it as scrapper lock, back from my MMO days. If I'm in a fight, and its to the death, I get into the zone and nothing else goes through my mind. I put myself 100% into it, but it causes just as many problems." He gave a slight chuckle to shake off the nerves.

ID#142821
CD: 9 = 2 materials, +1 housing bonus
LD: 18+3 = 8 Eggs

Materials: 15
Eggs: 42

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142831 results: Craft: 4 [0 Materials found] Loot: 8+8=16 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 54

"It's rare that the need arises for Field Medic, yes," Shield said, weighing those thoughts. "Especially with the armor Hikoru donated to me and with Lilith as backup, plus the ability to Parry, only a small number of foes have put me in a position to need that kind of healing. However, with this next fight likely being what it will be..." Shield's eyes drifted to the side and his eyebrows raised. He pulled up a blank document and scratched a few numbers in. "Extra measures may be necessary. Also, as much as I think Barrier fits more thematically with my build, it just doesn't have the impact of Field Medic, but that energy cost.... it almost forces me to take Hyperactive."

Shaking his head, he pushed the menu to the side and cast out his line again. "I'm probably going to end up respeccing more than I care to when all is said and done." as he pondered the gridlocked state of this skill mods, he felt a tug on the end of his line. Reeling in, he saw a sight that was sure to take a little wind out of Mari's sail. He chose not to rub the point in, setting the eggs aside and continuing to fish.

Edited by Shield

"Hey, anything I can do to help you all get outta here, right?" Mari said as she cast out her line. "Who knows, after this event I may just have to go grind some quests, grab some useful items and levels - might be able to squeeze another skill in there, I'd give it maybe a month before I hit level 70  not that I care about numbers, but that'd give me some more skill slot spaces, right?" Baldur tried to deflect her compliment, Mari wasn't having any of that.

"No, I'm serious!" Mari started. "You have this steeled look in your eyes - you have this finesse - Japanese Swords aren't really made so much for fighting, but for killing, right?" Mari asked, then continued. "That's how I think I'd describe it. You fight to kill your strikes are precise and deadly, in a weird way - it's very beautiful to yanno, watch." Was that....was that too much? Mari coughed then quickly added.  "It's not just you, Cordelia too. Cordelia is so tall and lithe, she looks like a literal dancer as she wields her blade. I feel like I am just kinda...what's the word, clunky?  There's nothing graceful about a tiny ass blade like a dagger." Mari said with a forced laugh.

She reeled in her rod. "Oh no, no Shield - haven't you ever heard of the phrase don't count your chickens before they've hatched?" She gave him a premature triumphant grin as she held out the end of her rod to him. "Just look at how many..." Her smile fell. "I mean, clearly they were so heavy they just fell off." Mari said with a huff.  "It's not like you have like, over fifty of them or anything." Mari added as she started to fiddle with her line, retying a knot on her lure.

@Baldur @Shield

ID:142833  CD:1  LD: 1

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
44 x eggies
13x T3 materials

Edited by Mari

"I still don't think you'll use <<Field Medic>> much in the fight. The one taking most of the damage will be you, but then the AoE hits happen, and they will happen, there just aren't enough turns to heal everyone. Now if everyone came fully kitted out and could take care of themselves, or you had your own support, then you can focus on Howling, and Parrying."

Baldur reeled his line back in. The haul was disappointing, but much better than getting nothing at all, as he had gone through several spells of either feast for famine. Hitting the middle ground was better than nothing at all.

"Making sure we've got good coverage like that will keep the fight from drawing out, or risking people's lives. It's rarely the tank who is in danger, and rather the unsuspecting players standing out in the field when the floor turns to lava, or the giant stone creature causes an earthquake, or a storm of lighting, or a tornado. If you could take <<Field Medic>> without <<First Aid>> then it would be even better as a skill."

Baldur cast his line back out into the pond and tried not to blush further when Mari kept on about how he looked in battle. He cleared his throat slightly, obviously embarrassed.

"The katana is just as much for fighting as the European arming sword, but both have been overly romanticized. The pole-arm was the weapon of choice for both knights and samurai, back in the day. Nothing better than keeping  your enemy at a distance."

ID#142839
CD: 7 = 2 Materials +1 housing bonus
LD: 6+3=9 = 4 eggs

Materials: 18

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142840 results: Craft: 1 [Nothing]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 54

There was just too much to consider to make a quick decision on the matter. He knew he was going to have buyers' remorse no matter what he bought. "I will for sure need Sharpness," he said, passing his pole back and forth from one hand to another. "To keep the fight from drawing out too long, and I think Hyperactive, because it's the more cost-effective way to handle the fact that the fight will inevitably be designed to draw out longer than we want." He tossed his line out into the water again and rocked back on his heels, still processing. "I think that there's going to be a lot of damage being thrown around by our enemies, on me, but also on others. I think Field Medic is going to be crucial. I think you're right about stun arts, and although a little bit of extra damage would be nice from a riposte, I expect that the boss will be designed to take punishment and draw out the fight. High mitigation is almost a certainty."

"Focused Howl..." he frowned, holding the fishing rod steady in both hands. "I am torn. While I could save the spot and just plan to be Howling more often, that cuts down on my turn economy. Having the option to only spend the minimal amount of time to draw aggro is probably the wiser option, and so Focused Howl I think still makes the cut. That leaves me one slot..."

Edited by Shield

Shield didn't even react to her having waved the empty line right in front of him. She would have expected a laugh, a snort. Hell, even a raised brow. Instead he was deep in thought over his build. He really was pragmatic. Mari leaned back away from him to give him his space. 

"I've got about three mass heal crystals, and half a dozen antidotes. With any luck those numbers will double. I'm more than willing to offer them to others." Mari interjected. She meant what she said earlier. She wanted to do her best to help everyone leave.  "Do they still hold meetings prior to the frontline battles?" Mari asked as she finished tying the last knot on her lure. "It'd be a good chance to find out what everyone needs. Then we can liaise and make sure everyone is kitted out. Hell I'll even buy a dozen teleport crystals so everyone has one, just for peace of mind." 

Mari cast out her line then shoved the end of the rod into the ground so it stood upright. Mari then pushed herself to her feet and threw her hands up in the air, arching her back to stretch  "Back when Azure ..." Mari trialed off, realising she sounded bitter. She tried to change her tone but it was clear the incident still bothered her. "Back when Azure Brigade refused to participate in the boss I was leading the charge in... We were left in a tough spot. But we all communicated. We were all over prepared. Barring the fact I was the only one with Night Vision at the time.... But the point was. No one died. If we have more people I don't see why we can't do the same."

Mari turned to face Baldur and caught the red in his cheeks. Her eyes were locked with his, and she found it incredibly hard to pull away. There was just something about them, about him. It was so calming. She blinked then finally tore her eyes from his as she cleared her throat. "Sorry." She apologized to him. "I think I got a little carried away, I didn't mean to embarass you." Mari said as she rubbed her arm.  "Heh, maybe I should get a pole arm instead, eh?" She joked.

That's when Mari's fishing rod flew out of the ground. "Sh*t!" Mari darted to her rod, catching it just as it dipped under the water. She herself was pulled in to her arms. Mari regained control, hauling 8 eggs to the shore. 

Although now, her arms and scarf were soaked. "Well, guess fishing isn't all it's cracked up to be." She tried to joke.

ID: 142842  CD:3 LD 17

8' eggies

@Baldur @Shield

Edited by Mari

Baldur gave a soft chuckle as Mari dove into the water to catch her pole. The same had almost happened to him a half dozen times, but he had never actually let go of his pole. Still, she managed to come out of it with quite the haul of eggs. In turn, Baldur reeled in his line, catching almost as many eggs, and a fair number of materials as well.

"I think you're spot on Shield. Focused Howl will let you spend more of your time performing whatever tasks the boss fight demands other than maintaining hate. The less time you have to spend maintaining hate, the more you can spend doing other things. If only you had a spare skill slot to pick up the extended mod limit skill. I've been toying with how to use my last one as well. <<Fighting Spirit>> or <<Searching>> or <<Extended Mod Limit>> myself. I will probably end up going with Mod because of the additional ones I need to pick up. Maybe I'll grab Fighting Spirit at 70."

Baldur tended to his line and threw it back out.

"Sorry Mari, we've thrown a lot of information out at you at once. A polearm isn't a bad idea, if you're comfortable with it. I'm sure someone, maybe even Macradon, has an item that'll change your weapon type into another one."

ID#143091
CD: 8 (2 materials, +1 housing bonus)
LD: 10+3 (6 eggs)

Edited by Baldur
Spoiler

Fishing -  ID# 143108 results: Craft: 6 [1 Material found] Loot: 2+8=10 [4 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 58
Materials: 14

With a jolt, Shield's mind came crashing back into his head. He had been somewhere else entirely, deep in his contemplation about his build. "Yes, I wish I had more flexibility - or more Col. We only have what we have though. If I get more Col, that will give me more options. I can temporarily dump some of my utility skills if it means edging out a higher chance of survival." Shield cast his line back out into the water. He was starting to think that his lack of focus was causing him problems in the competition. The last few minutes had returned very few eggs, and Mari was likely about even with him at this point.

If the diabolical plan is to move forward, I need to kick into higher gear.

There came a tug on his line, and he grit his teeth. This was the moment he'd turn things around. "Well, Mari, you won't be the only turning out healing items and the like for the fight, fortunately, but every little bit helps." He pulled the fish out of the water, and was immediately disappointed. It was rare that his skills allowed for such poor hauls.

I know statistical probability always has to include the possibility of outliers, but... what in Aincrad is going on right now?

Edited by Shield

"I..." Mari coughed. "Yeh,  actually I don't wanna lie - it is a lot of information. I feel like I've tapped into some kinda whirlwind of Baldur and Shield information. It's like a storm." Mari tried to shake the water from her arms but it did little. "Ugh, I hate the feeling of wet clothes..." She mumbled. "So- Baldur...Shield." Mari said addressing the both of them as she cast out her line again. 

"Can either of you picture me running around with a giant ass pole!?" She asked, imitating the motions with her free hand. As Mari was distracted her rod dipped, almost bending in half. "Oh shoot!" Mari turned her attention back to her rod, she started to reel in a haul of eggs. She shot Shield a triumphant grin. She wasn't exactly counting, but she was fairly sure they were tied. Or at least close to. 

Mari reached out to grab a pile of eggs in fluorescent green netting, but as she did she lost grip of her fishing pole. It slipped out of her still wet hands and went 'plop' into the river. Mari's eyes went wide and her mouth agape. "No!" She cried out. "Okay, no. no!" She turned to Shield. "That's - ok no the deal has to be off now, this doesn't count."  Mari turned to Baldur. "Tell him! This is a - it's not..." She found her words failing her as she slapped her hands to her cheeks. This wasn't happening. 

This wasn't happening.

@Shield  @Baldur

roll id: 143112  CD: 4 LD: 14
6 eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
58 x eggies
13x T3 materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 143117 results: Craft: 4 [0 Materials found] Loot: 6+8=14 [6 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 64
Materials: 14

Watching Mari try to plead with Baldur to rule on the machinations of the bet was amusing to say the least. Shield, as he reeled in his line, actually snagged Mari's pole. He pulled it in, strafing to the side to make sure when it was pulled ashore that he would get a hold of it first. He plunged his hand into the water, grabbing hold of the handle and freeing it from his line.

What then ensued was a complicated dance, of holding her pole aloft, using his greater height to keep it out of Mari's reach in his off-hand while his other cast out into the water. It was a challenge, maintaining both poles and also keeping anyone's lines from crossing or tangling. Finally, after a few long moments, he felt a tug on his pole, only then shoving Mari's into her hands before reeling his own line in, all the while fighting and failing to keep in a malicious smirk.

The haul was not his greatest, but it was substantial. Any bad cast or dud catch could swing thins at this point. For the first time in his career as a fisherman, he found himself wishing for there to be no more chests.

That would be the last thing I need right now!

Edited by Shield

Shield stared at Mari, but Mari just stared back with a challenging intensity. "Would you really be satisfied with a win like that?" Mari asked as she gestured to the pole, well out of her reach - with the tilt of her head.

Mari huffed as the fishing pole was unceremoniously shoved into her hands. She took a few steps away from him and cast out her line. "Better." She said with a firm nod. She breathed a small sigh of relief, having the tool back in her hands felt safe. She still had a chance to win this. Right? Right. She did. "Look I was only pleading with Baldur because he's just as much in this competition as I am!" Mari chided. "I figure why not team up with him. Since We're  the ones who gonna have to -" She stopped and bit her tongue. She almost said it. She almost said the entire thing, candles and all. The first faux paux was fine, no one had caught it. But this one? No, that would have been obvious. Mari cleared her throat. 

"S-So how many do you have now?" She asked. Quickly shifting the topic. "I'm on....ah..." She pulled up her line to another half dozen eggs. "Hmmm 64 by my count!"

@Shield @Baldur

roll id: 143119 CD: 4 LD: 15
6 Eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
64 x eggies
13x T3 materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 143120 results: Craft: 11 [4 Materials found] Loot: 14+8=22 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 72

By the time Mari had pulled in her next haul, Shield was already looking for his next. "Oh, I wouldn't have been able to keep that up for long anyways and still be able to fish," Shield said, pulling in an empty line and casting back out into the darkness. This time, when he went to pull in his line, his line pulled back - hard. He dug in his heels and pulled again, but the line barely moved. He spread himself out into full horse stance and braced his legs, lifting with them as he pulled. This time, he made progress. It was a grueling battle, and one that began to make him nervous due to how much it slowed him down. Finally, with a shout and a heave, he dislodged the monster of a fish from the water, its bulk sailing up and over the bank and landing with a heavy slap.

With his catch secured, Shield collected his gains and cast immediately back out into the water again. "Where were we? Ah! Yes," he said, recalling Mari's unenthusiastic response to his... 'competitive' move. "Well, Mari, it's like we said before. All's fair in love and war."

Edited by Shield

"Right....right..." Mari said as she cast out her line again. Love and war. Yeh, she knew exactly why Shield had said that line. He was attempting to rile her up again. "You know Shield..." Mari began as she felt a tug on her line, Mari gave a small yank then slowly began to reel it in. She had to figure out the best way to word this. 

Her heart felt like it was about to thump right on out of her chest and into the very river they were fishing by. "Even if you win I think I still have one way I can best you. One way that will wipe that grin off your sh*t eating face." She said with a laugh.  Her words may have sounded harsh, but they were said with a shaky jovial tone. 

Mari shifted her gaze to Baldur could she? Maybe. She had let slip a few things in the past - but it seemed to go completely unnoticed by the samurai. Who knows, maybe if she did say something she would realize how silly this all seemed to be. 

Mari pulled up the eggs, seeing only four attached to the end of her line. Mari sighed.

@Shield

roll id: 143122 CD: 9 LD: 10
4 Eggies

Mari's Eggscelent Loot 
64 x eggies
13x T3 materials

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 143123 results: Craft: 8 [2 Materials found] Loot: 14+8=22 [8 Eggs found]

Total Loot:

Eggs: 80
Materials: 20

Shield was satisfied one way or the other. All in all, this had been time well spent. Profitable. Enjoyable. Everything a good loot grinding outing should be with friends. Winning would be the icing on the cake, though he knew he was too competitive to not be frustrated if he lost in the home stretch. It was hard to say exactly what Mari meant, as she professed to have some kind of ace up her sleeve. The bet was still on. There was no way he was going to let that slide. Still, what could she have in mind? Either way, he was about to find out. His line bent, and he reeled in feverishly, sticking his tongue out the corner of his mouth and biting it as he rushed to bring in his last catch.

With a spray of water and a loud flapping of fishy fins, it shot out of the water, arcing high into the air and plopping down on the stone shore of the cavern. In the fish's distended belly, there was a mass of eggs that would easily clinch him the victory. He sighed, setting himself down on the ground and collecting the fish before setting about the task of gathering up his tackle. "That was a hard fought contest, but it looks like it's over. I'm at the point where I'm pulling ahead, and I don't think you've got much of a shot of catching up." Once his things were packed up and in order, he stood and dusted off. "Whatever you're going to do to 'wipe the smirk from my face,' I welcome it."

Edited by Shield