<<Nature's Treasure>>
Recommended Level: Any | Party Limit: None
Repeatable: Yes
Credit: @Itzal

11121.png

Rewards:

• The Materials Gathered

Summary:

Marking the beginning of each tier (Floors 1, 11, 21, etc.), these levels of Aincrad in particular each seem to have various locations among the floors that are bursting at the seams with crafting materials. They are easier to find than other hunting grounds on comparable floors, with short respawn rates to make them the best locations to hunt for materials.

If the floor is vegetated, players can find a <<Garden>>. If there are a lot of buildings on the floor, players can find a <<Courtyard>>. If the floor is underground, players can find a <<Cavern>>. Many NPCs give away these farming locations, telling players about this amazing opportunity of extra materials, whether it be from plentiful monster drops or from the safer areas outside of town that make for easy, peaceful fishing and gathering.

Searching:  LD rolls of 11-14 give 1 material.  LD rolls of 15+ give 2 materials.  Gatherer skill is added to this roll as well.

Fishing:  Monsters and bosses never spawn.  Fishing receives no bonus materials.  CD 12s require a LD of 15+ (modifiers allowed) to fish up a treasure chest.  If 1-14, players receive 4 materials.

Treasure Chests:  LD of 1-3 does not result in a mimic, but drops (Floor * 25) col and one material.

Looting Mobs: Mobs that satisfy the loot minimum always drop (HP * 4) col and 1 material as default drops.

Requirements:

• At least one [1] Page (20 or more posts)
  • Mobs MUST meet or exceed the loot minimum parameter.

Event

Spoiler

The Easter Bunny has scattered Chocolate Eggs all around Aincrad. Eg, Egg, n Eggy - three children of dubious morals and ravenous sweet-tooths (teeth? teeths?) - need your help to find as many Chocolate Eggs as possible! Chocolate Eggs may be found by hunting mobs, gathering materials, or even fishing! Bring enough to Eg, Egg, and Eggy in exchange for amazing prizes!

Chocolate Eggs may be found via looting slain mobs on a LD9+
CD1-3: 2 Eggs
CD4-6: 3 Eggs
CD7-9: 5 Eggs
CD10-12: 6 Eggs
Chocolate Eggs may be found via gathering on a LD6+
CD1-3: 1 Egg
CD4-6: 2 Eggs
CD7-9: 3 Eggs
CD11-12: 4 Eggs
If gathering with Full Energy:
CD1-3: 2 Eggs
CD4-6: 3 Eggs
CD7-9: 5 Eggs
CD10-12: 6 Eggs
Chocolate Eggs may be found via fishing on a CD3+
LD1-5: 2 Eggs
LD6-10: 4 Eggs
LD11-15: 6 Eggs
LD16-20: 8 Eggs
Chocolate Eggs are a bonus drop and will be obtained in addition to any other items.

Rewards

Tier x Material (Limit 100) 1 Egg
Specified Unidentified Equipment 5 Eggs
Reroll Ticket - Reidentify a single slot on a single piece of gear at a merchant. (Limit 3)                    
25 Eggs                       
Easter Bunny's Favor - Reidentify a single slot on a piece of gear at a Merchant using only their Unique Enhancement table. (Limit 1) 50 Eggs
Bunny Stamp - Increase the Rarity of a single item up to Demonic, selecting a normal Enhancement in the process (Limit 1) 150 Eggs
Special Dungeon Map 100 Eggs

Note: Players may only participate in the event with a single character. Alts are banned from this event. If caught using an alt, you forfeit all rewards from the event.

Special Dungeon

Purchasing the Special Dungeon Map unlocks the Special Dungeon <<Easter Bunny’s Chocolate Factory>>. Inside the Chocolate Factory, you will be pitted up against enemies of the same tier as the one who initially used the map. So, a Tier 3 Player spawning the dungeon would create a Tier 3 version of the dungeon. The Special Dungeon must be undertaken with at least one other player, with a maximum number of players being 4. Players may pool their eggs together to purchase a Special Dungeon Map, but in all other cases Eggs are bound to the player.

Within the Special Dungeon, players will fight Unique Mobs and roll on a Unique Drop Table. Note: Players may only enter the special dungeon once.

Encounter 1: The Caramel Warren
Frosted Bunny: 150/400/650 HP | 50/125/250 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | 25/35/50 MIT

While the Frosted Bunny is alive, all of the other members of the Warren heal for 10% of their maximum health every rotation.
Toffee Bunny: 275/600/1000 HP | 25/75/150 DMG | 2 ACC | 0 EVA | 35/80/125 MIT
While the Toffee Bunny is alive, no other member of the Warren can be attacked, including via AoE.
Red-Hot Bunny: 150/400/650 HP | 75/150/400 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | 25/35/50 MIT
The Red-Hot Bunny applies a Burn debuff on a BD7+, inflicting 20/50/60 Unmitigatable DMG every round to the target.
Dark Chocolate Bunny: 150/400/650 HP | 75/150/400 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | 0 MIT | Stealth Rating: 13+
Every 2 Turns, the Dark Chocolate Bunny enters stealth. Attacks from stealth strike all members of the party.

Rewards
SP
Each member of the party rolls for Loot
LD1-8: Frosted Necklace: Tier x Perfect Trinket - Life Mending, Recovery, Recovery
LD9-15: Toffee Armor: Tier x Perfect Heavy Armor - Bloodclot, Thorns, Thorns
LD16-19: Red Hot Weapon: Tier x Perfect Weapon - Burn, Burn, Bleed
LD20: Dark Chocolate Rabbit’s Foot - Change one weapon/armor type to a different one of your choosing

Encounter 2: The Way-Too-Big Peep
The Giant Peep: 700/1000/2000 HP | 10/25/30 DMG | 3 ACC | 0 EVA | 50/100/150 MIT
Ability: Every three turns, the Peep splits into smaller Peeps. Players then have the opportunity to play Chubby Bunny with the peeps by rolling a CD. The CD corresponds to the number of Peeps one can shove down their gullet and still speak. After the Chubby Bunny phase, the Giant Peep reforms and players gain bonuses equal to the amount of Peeps they ingested.
1-3 Peeps - Phase
4-6 Peeps - Apply Burn on a BD8
7-9 Peeps - Holy Proc on the player’s next Critical.
10-12 Peeps - Next successful attack procs double Fallen.

Rewards
SP
20000 Col
30 Tiered Materials
<<Peep's Tears (it's basically sugar water)>>: Grants a +1 CD Bonus for Familiar Training
Each member of the party rolls for Loot
LD1-8 Double Col and Material Rewards
LD9-17 The Big Peep - Demonic Consumable: Overhealth, Overhealth, Overhealth, Overhealth
LD18-19 The Bigger Peep - An item that turns your familiar into a tiny version of the Giant Peep
LD20 The Biggest Peep - Tier x Perfect Trinket: Holy Blessing, Recovery, Recovery

Encounter 3: The Easter Bunny’s Second Cousin (twice removed)
Sebastian 500/1000/2000 HP | 75/200/350 DMG | 2 ACC | 2 EVA | 25/50/75 MIT 
Ability: D-D-Drop the Egg - Every three turns, Sebastian drops a massive egg onto the battlefield (100/250/500 HP | 50/100/150 MIT). If not successfully destroyed, the entire party suffers 75/150/250 Unmitigatable damage and become struck by the funk, causing them to lose their next turn to Sebastian’s sick beats.

Rewards
5 SP
LD1-6:  Bass Cannon - Unidentified Demonic Weapon
LD7-12: Dope Shades - Unidentified Demonic Trinket
LD13-19: Sick Jacket - Unidentified Demonic Shield/Armor
LD20: The Ultimate Chocolate Egg - Crack this bad boy open for an amazing surprise. That surprise is a Quad Fall- I mean literally all of the above.

Shield

Spoiler

» Shield, The Immovable Object

• Modified HP:
  • Modified EN:
  • Modified MIT:
  • Modified ACC:
  • Modified DMG:
  • Modified EVA:
  • Battle Heal:
  • Search:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:
  • Temp Buff:

» Base Stats

• Base HP: 1770
  • Base EN: 168
  • Base MIT: 169
  • Base ACC: 0
  • Base DMG: 2
  • Base EVA: -1
  • Battle Heal: 85 HP
  • Search: +5

» Items Equipped:

• Seeking Aura - +3 Search
  • Raw Passion - +3 Prosperity
  • Hammerspace Backpack (HB) +1 BR item (allows stacks up to 7)

» Battle-Ready Inventory:

• Golden  Keys x7 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Golden  Keys x3 | Unique Item | +2 Search on Chests
  • Basic Teleportation Crystal x4 | Good Item | Teleports player to the Town of Beginnings
  • Safeguard Potion x3 | Perfect Tier 1 | Safeguard

» Skills:

• Searching | 5 Ranks | +5 Bonus to LD, +0 to Stealth Detect
  • Battle Healing | 5 Ranks | While in combat, recover 1% per rank (85HP) at the beginning of your turn
  • First Aid | 5 Ranks | +4% HP per rank (+20% HP) on Post Action
  • Picking | Purchased | +3 LD when opening chests
  • Heavy Armor | 5 Rank | +35 Mitigation
  • Energize | Purchased |  Restore 8 EN to target
  • Block | 5 Ranks | +25 Mitigation
  • Howl | Purchased | +2 Hate against each opponent (up to 4)
  • Fighting Spirit | Purchased | +1 Hate when using Howl or Focused Howl
  • Parry | Purchased 3 Turn Cooldown | 5 Energy | Reduces incoming damage by 50%
  • Fishing | Purchased | Fish for equipment and gain prestige among old men

» Extra Skills:

• Concentration | No Ranks | Gain +1 BD for a single attack | 5 Turn Cooldown
  • Familiar Mastery: Healer |  3 Ranks | +135 HP (Does not require post action)
  • Martial Arts | 1 Rank | +1 Base Damage per slot with Unarmed Weapons
  • Meditation | Purchased | Recover an additional 15 EN on Post Action | 3 Turn Cooldown
  • Survival | Purchased |  Increases out of combat health regen to (15xTier) 45 per post

» Mods:

• Athletics: +1 DMG +30 HP
  • Focused Howl: +4 Hate against single target on Post Action
  • Dismantling: +2 LD when opening chests
  • Stone Wall: +Gain 10 MIT and 45 HP from heavy armor. Reduces DOT by 25%. -1 to Evasion.
  • Justified RiposteA successful Parry also stuns the target for 1 turn. | 3 Turn Cool Down
  • Vengeful RiposteA successful Parry returns 50% of DMG back to your opponent - mitigatable. | 3 Turn Cool Down

Roll

Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 140819 results: Craft: 5 [1 Material found] Loot: 5+8=13 [6 Eggs found]

Loot Total:

Eggs: 6
Materials: 1

It had  been some time since Shield had done any kind of gathering on a floor lower than the twenty--first. Let alone all the way down on the first floor. Let alone right outside of the Town of Beginnings. However, much like his favorite fishing spot so far up the castle of Aincrad, there was a spot outside of town that had the same benefits - no mob fish spawns, and no mimics out of chests. This was ideal for farming, and the perfect spot to arrange meetings with lower leveled players who were interested in leveling and joining the front lines someday. He penned a message in an empty dialogue box.

Bulletin Board Listing

Wanted: Players interested in playing defensive/support roles with aspirations to reach the front lines. Meeting is in safe, neutral location near town. Come and gather eggs with me and we'll speak on your ambitions and your plans for how to accomplish your goals. The coordinates are listed below. Feel free to bring your fishing pole.

-Shield, Formerly of the Celestial Ascendants

It was simple enough and to the point. He sent the message before setting up his tackle box and baiting his hook. The event, thus far, had spawned nothing but candy related materials. Even the fish he had caught were all made out of gummy candy. It was ridiculous, and a little embarrassing to be gathering such silly items. However, the chocolate eggs were at a premium, and since they bound to the player that found them, he could not simply go out and buy them. Not that he would have. He did have some dignity - enough to do his own farming, even if it might cost him a little bit of that dignity along the way.

Since he was on such a low floor, he reached into his sleeve and drew out a brightly colored serpent and placed her on the ground. "Alright, Lilith. You're free to go and hunt some frogs if you like." He cast out his line, and within minutes, he had already pulled in a small catch, again, made of the same translucent gummy candy, but with a clutch of eggs deep in its belly. "Perfect. We're in business. Now let's see who answers the call."

@Titan

Edited by Shield

It'd been about a week that Titan had reinvented himself from the terrorized man who was paralyzed by his own fear into someone filled with a motivation to do whatever he needed to help beat the game. Was this two year in the making? Perhaps, but it was quite the mighty fall for a man who seemingly had everything he could ever want. To be stuck, for who knows how long, petrified him into a status that he couldn’t break without the realization that perhaps those who tried would never succeed if the others simply waited for them to finish. Another hand meant another player and another number to successfully finish what they needed to, one floor at a time.

So, it felt quite kismet for Titan to be passing the bulletin board in the Town of Beginning and read the message that literally had been what he was asking for. Perhaps Cordelia was right, the front liners who seemed so scary could be like a family. Copying down the coordinates, Titan only wished he would’ve bought the fishing skill. Oh well, at least there would potentially be easter eggs for him to collect.

It took a few minutes, Titan brought his weapon and his vanity armor, it didn’t seem to do much but would show this person that he was serious about wanting to help.

The fishing hole seemed glorious as it opened to a beautiful lake and had a person sitting there casually with a fishing pole in hand.

“Hi,  I take it you’re Shield? ” His words were grounded, curious and interested as he continued forward to close the gap between the two of them. “ I’m Titan. I saw your message on the bulletin board. ” He gave the other a nod, not wanting to be too distracting from the man and his pole.  

TITAN'S INVENTORY

Spoiler

Titan (Level 4) 
HP: 80 / DAMAGE: 2
EN: 8 / MIT: 0
ACC: 1 / EVA: 0

Skills:

• 1-Handed Assault Spear (Rank 1)

Equipment:

• ( R ) 1H Assault Spear ( ACC / DMG )
  • Vanity Armor of choice ( Leather Armor )

Inventory:

• ( 3 ) Starter Healing Potions ( Heals 50 HP )
  • ( 5 ) Tier One Health Potions of Uncommon Quality ( Heals 40 HP )

EASTER EGG

Spoiler

ID# 140820 | Craft: 3 & Loot: 10
Eggs Acquired: 2 | Total: 2

Edited by Titan
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 140934 results: Craft: 9 [3 Materials found] Loot: 12+8=20 [8 Eggs found]

Loot Total:

Eggs: 14
Materials: 4

It was a relief to see someone arrive in such a timely manner. Perhaps the Town of Beginnings was a better untapped resource than he had realized. "Well met," he replied, returning the nod and casting his line out into the water once again. Beside him, the bush viper, Lilith, coiled up, uncertain of the vibrations from unfamiliar feet through the ground. Shield gave her a glance and she seemed to get the idea, relaxing her coils. "Yes, I am Shield. I assume you are at least part tank from the armor. Make yourself at home. I've dedicated the day to being here and meeting new hopefuls. Tell me of your goals," he said, striking out on the matter of the meeting right off the bat.

As he spoke, his line bowed slightly, and he began to reel in something that was actively fighting against him. That meant it wasn't a snag, and it wasn't a chest. He pulled his catch up out of the water to reveal a surprisingly large fish. Something that same size up on the twenty first floor would have put up a much more substantial fight.

I suppose that might be a bit much for players who haven't leveled up their stats very much...

He inspected the catch, satisfied with the number of eggs he could see through the translucent gummy flesh. At least the egg potential seemed the same as the twenty first floor. This was promising.

@Titan

Edited by Shield

Titan couldn’t see the other’s level but from his blasé fair attitude, he figured a man named Shield would be exactly that. A part of him even felt like he might be the front lines main tank but he wouldn’t be so inquisitively with him as he was with Cordelia and Lessa. He seemed a bit too serious to want an irritating newbie to talk his ear off about the nuances of such an information heavy game. “ Wannabe Tank at least. I was given advice to go sword art first so I’m focusing on leveling that up for now. It’s all kinda overwhelming though, if I’m being honest. ” He flashed a smile, even though the man hadn’t been looking his way.

Titan decided to sit next to the man near the water, about six feet away or so as he looked in the water and around him for eggs as well, spotting a nice cluster in the grass near him and sliding it into his inventory for the time being.

" It took me a long time to come to terms with being in the game, I thought the front line had it handled and I could just wait but, as more time passes and the names on the Monument of Life continue to grow, I don't think that's the case anymore.  I want to help clear the game. That's the only goal I have. I have a pretty addictive personality, I like information and figuring things out and I don't really take hand outs. I know i'm capable if given the right tools to move forward. That's all i'm looking for. I spoke with a few higher leveled players and they weren't sure how tanks build as some go mitigation and still want to do damage. " He knew he was long-winded, he'd wrap it up for now.

" I guess all i'm looking for is a little guidance as I begin to climb Aincrad. " 

Easter Egg Loot

Spoiler

ID# 141250 | Craft: 9 & Loot: 7
Eggs Acquired: 5 | Total: 7

Edited by Titan
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 141256 results: Craft: 5 [1 Material found] Loot: 7+8=15 [Applying Multipurpose housing bonus] 15+1=16 [8 Eggs found]

Loot Total:

Eggs: 22
Materials: 5

"Well, there are a few things I can tell you," Shield said, keeping his eyes on his fishing for the moment as he spoke. "This game does heavily favor the ability to deal damage. As long as you have a set of perfect mitigaion armor, you will be able to stand up to many of the game's early-level threats, but make sure you know a good info broker and make sure never to take a quest that there's even a marginal threat you may not survive it." He cast out his line, watching it come down gently over the water and land with a soft, distant 'plunk.' "As for your other equipment, each weapon has its charms, but as you observed with your choices, DPS is king. Whatever will help you put out the most damage, do it."

There came a nibble on his line, and again he reeled in. This one, he almost couldn't feel fighting him, and he almost wondered if the fish got away, but once again, he managed to pull up a small fish, incapacitated practically from the bulky lumps of egg that covered it.

"The next thing I would say is, despite DPS mattering, go with a one-hander weapon," he continued. "Two-handers hit harder, but at the same time, you will likely want a shield later, and if you have to redo your skills to have a different weapon, that can be expensive."

Edited by Shield

He was thankful for how open the higher levels had been with sharing information. Titan took mental notes, curious as he made a note that a set of mitigation armor would be enough for him to tank while still doing damage. “ On that note, would you recommend getting a damage familiar then? That’s what I wasn’t certain about. I know I saw there’s some that heal too. ” If he could get some sort of answer, it’d make moving forward on his to-do list a lot easier.

Titan noticed another cluster of eggs, showcasing a smile as he picked them up to place inside of his inventory. “ I have a one handed assault spear right now. I went with it for the very reason. I like it too, I think it’ll be good to have while tanking. ” Letting out a small sigh, he almost felt unworthy to be taking up space next to Shield. “ What’s the hardest thing you ever had to do as a tank? ” It was invasive, Titan knew that but perhaps the anecdote could steel his own resolve, making sure he was right for soaking damage for the collective.

Easter Egg & Material

Spoiler

ID# 141376 | Craft: 9 & Loot: 10

Eggs Acquired: 5 | Total: 12
Material Acquired: 0 | Total: 0 

Edited by Titan
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 141379 results: Craft: 5 [2 Materials found] Loot: 19+8=27 [8 Eggs found]

Loot Total:

Eggs: 30
Materials: 7

'As a tank? No," he said blatantly. "No, it would be simpler to use a weapon with damage on it than to have to replace a familiar when your build changed. In general, if you're a tank, your main focus, unless you are focusing on dodge tanking, is to make sure you have as much mitigation on you as possible," he explained, taking hold of his armor at the gap under his shoulder and giving the breastplate a firm shake to indicate his own defenses. "That means the first thing you prioritize is those three slots of mitigation. Most choose to go with a mitigation familiar, leaving the option for a full damage weapon and an armor or shield with whatever defensive backups they prefer, such as thorns or even a trinket with evasion."

Shield reached behind his back and unstrapped the shield that hung there. This was his most iconic piece of equipment. On its shining face was the face of a monstrous lion. "I went a different route with my gear. This shield was upgraded from a quest drop. Normally, it wouldn't be able to scale up to front line quality, but I made it work. It has a unique enhancement that adds to both my defense and my thorny offense in addition to taunt, but it comes with a slot of mitigation already. That meant that a mitigation familiar wouldn't work long-term. That's a completely wasted enhancement slot. I originally had one - a snapping turtle named Norbert - but he outlived his usefulness. How he lives in a tank in my shop." He then reached down and clapped his hands onto the knee of his shining greaves. "These have the other two slots of mitigaiton I needed, plus a unique enhancement that increases my health regeneration. That is why I forewent a defensive familiar."

At this point, Shield held his hand out to the long, muscular creature beside him. The brightly colored bush viper crawled up into his hand, slithering between his fingers. "This is Lilith. She's a healer. She has special fangs that instead of injecting venom, her fangs inject a healing serum that recovers my hit points. My remaining equipment slot is stacked with as many thorns and other defensive damage slots as I could fit on it. I am.. a bit of an oddity. I do not build myself around hitting. I build myself around being hit, and then making my enemy pay for it."

As he spoke, his fishing rod bent slightly. In response, Shield reeled against the pull of his catch. It came fairly easily, and once again, it was full to bursting with eggs upon arrival. Shield gave a satisfied nod and stored it away for later use.

"And what of you?" Shield asked, turning the focus back on the fresh, aspiring tank. "Where do you see yourself? On the front lines? Part of a front line guild? Helping other players level? Or are you just wanting to become stronger to survive and help when you can?"

@Titan

Edited by Shield

The other’s voice had felt like the rumbling of gravel as a truck rushed past on the highway. A quick dismissal, something Titan had no qualms with for the bluntness. He appreciated that the other was being upfront with him on the dos and don’ts, knowing that at the end of it all, Titan climbing to the front lines would only benefit the other man as well. This truly had been a test on collective unity, what good were the elite with their fancy gear and weapons if they simply hadn’t had the numbers to down bosses effectively. That’s what this all seemed to be to Titan, Aincrad simply wanted to test the human condition and what it meant to be forced to work together for one common purpose.

“ I’ll make sure to find a familiar with Mitigation then. ” Another slight nod, the other’s words felt incredibly wise and the fact that he had been getting schooled like this felt great. He hated stumbling, being unsure of himself and what to do in a game filled with endless possibilities. This conversation, Shield’s guidance as a frontline tank himself, narrowed Titan’s gaze to the top and provided the tunnel vision he needed from being stuck in his own anxiety of decision making. He picked at the grass in front of him, simply no easter eggs in sight while he glanced over at Shield again as he continued to share as a fount of knowledge to a man eager and parched for more.

“ It’s nice to meet you, Lilith. ” He waved over to the viper, she seemed friendly enough with fangs that healed which was quite surprising to the new player. “ Thorns? Is that a special bonus to do damage while others attack? I’ve seen things like Holy too. Is there more stats than the basic ones? How rare are those? ” If he had him, he might as well get as much information as he could. “ It’s a good strategy though and lucky for your shield. If it works for you, it works for you. Oddity or not. ”  He knew Shield didn’t need Titan’s kind words or approval but there’s a reason why trends shifted and with multiple specs of tank, it meant that regardless of what was thrown at the front liners, they could handle it.

“ Of myself? ” He felt airy as a breeze in the moment, taking the time to reflect about his own goals. “ Truly, I want to get out of the game. That’s my first and foremost goal. I think with enough training I could be on the front lines with the rest of you. Community is important to me and so, I think I’d like to fight on in the front as my second priority. For those who don’t have the courage to fight, to know they have someone fighting for them. ” He didn’t want to say everything, he wanted to do everything because he wouldn’t have enough time.

“ So I guess I want to get as strong as I can, brew potions to make sure our front liners are prepared for battle and any surplus give to those in need to join our ranks. I think for me, the front line has to take priority. Guild or guildless, I’d love to find somewhere that I fit but if it doesn’t happen, I’d still want to help regardless. ”

Easter Egg & Material

Spoiler

ID# 141385 | Craft: 8 & Loot: 2

Eggs Acquired: 0 | Total: 12

Edited by Titan
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 141433 results: Craft: 7 [2 Materials found] Loot: 7+8=15 [6 Eggs found]

Loot Total:

Eggs: 36
Materials: 9

Shield listened, his jaw firm and set as he took in the words of the new player. It sounded as though his intentions were noble enough, but there was always some concern with nobility. Many who enjoy playing the part of the noble warrior didn't have the necessary stomach for actual grit. "I will warn you," Shield said, giving his line a toss back out into the water, "the front lines aren't always so glamorous. There are rough characters there, and there is occasionally rivalries between players. Sometimes bitter ones. I have never seen serious fights break out, but I have heard stories - players being sniped in boss raids and such. I doubt that sort of thing is likely to happen. I just didn't want you to get the wrong idea." He sighed and turned his head to look at Titan, his dark eyes staring out from under his matted mop. "The front line isn't made up of saints. It's made up of people. And sometimes people suck."

Shield's line went taut, and he reeled in, pulling the fish that had bitten his hook all the way to the shore and out onto the bank of the lake.He continued reeling until it was at his feet, and he stored it along with its eggs. "That's not to say you shouldn't join someday," he continued. "We need players. I just don't want you getting any big surprised once you get there."

"Now those enhancements you're talking about, they are very different," he explained. "First of all, you're correct about thorns. To the tank who hopes to solo, they can be your best friend. It's a standard enhancement. Any blacksmith can make you a set of armor with thorns. The other one you mentioned though, Holy, is from a completely different set of enhancements." He leaned back, looking out over the still scene of the lake. "There are a lot of enhancements that can't be added intentionally. They are either identified by merchants or else from from bosses and quests, on occasion. Aptly, enough, most players just call them 'unique' enhancements. Some are valuable. Others are less so. It depends largely on the effect and how you put it to use."

@Titan

Edited by Shield

“ I’m not nearly as squeaky clean as you think. Granted, in this game, my goal is to be nice and kind while I get myself to the top. I legitimately don’t see the reason in feuds when it seems like the front lines aren’t as wide in breadth and deep as they once were. ” He hadn’t felt defensive but, Titan would always be himself wholeheartedly. It would be different as he was certain he could be killed in a few strikes from the veterans who have been playing this game since the beginning, but he hoped his charisma wouldn’t be his downfall. “ But, thank you for the warning. I get that this place probably makes you have a peek behind the curtain, see yourself for the flaws that you have. That’s not fun at all, especially when you’re simply trying to survive. ” Once again, Titan shifted his ideals of what it meant to be a front liner. Perhaps, he’d need to train much higher than he once thought, just in case.

The blonde-haired player decided to watch the other fish, the push and pull of the creature who battled for his own life against Shield’s impressive pulls. Another victory for the man, fishing seemed like it had truly been his forte. “ I’ll take it all into consideration. Perhaps, I’m not as much in a rush to help as I initially had been. Take this time to meet people, learn from everyone’s experiences. Not to say that I’m scared, but preparation is a mighty good friend to success. ”

This was the meat that Titan had been looking for. “ So as Tanks, would thorns be the ideal one for solo tanking? It’d probably be smart to get a set for myself for questing and such once I have a better income and things start to get a little bit harder. Are there any other enchantments you’d say are important for me to keep an eye out for? ” His tone was inquisitive but not pushy, merely gleaning what he could out of the veteran for the sake of his own progression. Titan couldn’t have enough thanks for the man and his desire to help newbies with the game.

Easter Egg & Materials

Spoiler

ID# 141532 | Craft: 4 & Loot: 2

Eggs Acquired: 0 | Total: 12

Edited by Titan
Spoiler

Fishing: ID# 141539 results: Craft: 3 [0 Materials found] Loot: 15+8=23 [8 Eggs found]

Loot Total:

Eggs: 44
Materials: 9

"Caution is healthy," Shield agreed. "Still, keep in mind, there's no telling how long bodies can deteriorate in hospital beds before they give out or Nerve Gear rejects them." It was not a pleasant subject, and most players preferred to avoid, but they were not here to mince words. Titan so far seemed to appreciate Shield's candor, so he saw no reason to pull punches.

"As far as what enhancements to look out for, in SAO, there are some strategies that pay off more than others, but not everyone enjoys the meta strategy," he mused aloud, tossing out his line and winding back up slowly. "What matters most is picking a strategy and stacking yourself for success. So let me ask you, do you want to build around hitting consistently for decent damage, hitting less often but hitting harder, or being able to tank more damage? And don't just tell me which one you want most, also tell me which you want to be your secondary aim. It may matter quite a bit."

His pole bent slightly for a moment, but then straightened out once again. It was a minute tug, but it told Shield what he needed to know. Reeling in his line, he found what he had expected - a mesh bag full of chocolate eggs and the fake grass used to line Easter baskets. He collected his finds and cast out into the water again

Edited by Shield

Titan came to the realization that he might not make it to the very end, to the front lines simply because of egos. He hadn’t accepted it but recognized that on top of that, the nerve gear could also easily kill him as well if his body deteriorated beyond what was physically acceptable. “ Yeah, [censored]. You’re just keeping it real honest, aren’t ya, Shield? ” His tone was lightly sarcastic but it still was quite a heavy fact to be reminded of.

“ Alright. ” Things might make more sense later as he continues to learn but for now, he’d just stick with stacking mitigation. “ I think I’d like to tank more damage first and foremost and then hitting consistently for decent damage. I don’t have too many friends yet to quest with and I just don’t want to be walled because I’m doing this alone. So, I don’t mind if it takes me a while to attack enemies but I would rather be able to solo quests alone for now and have that adjust enough to be able to take care of me in the front lines. ” He hoped that made enough sense. “ What do you think? Meta’s fine with me, honestly. I’m not trying to be unique if the path most traveled is successful. ” Couple more eggs, he plucked them and put it inside his inventory as well. 

Easter Eggs & Materials

Spoiler

ID# 141569 | Craft: 1 & Loot: 9

Eggs Acquired: 2 | Total: 14

Edited by Titan
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 141614 results: Craft: 9 [3 Materials found] Loot: 12+8=20 [8 Eggs found]

Loot Total:

Eggs: 52
Materials: 12

"In that case," Shield thought aloud, "That would mean you're going to be using a fairly similar set of equipment as I did when I started out..." He swiped down through the air, bringing his menu down, and opened up a blank work space. Using his finger as a stylus, he made four columns. "We know you want mitigation..." he marked the first column 'Familiar' and wrote 'MIT' below it on three separate rows. "We know you want damage..." He repeated the process with the second column, labeling it 'Spear' and writing 'DMG' three times below it. "If you want your main focus to be defense..." He penned in the word 'Shield' above the third column and wrote 'RGN' three times below it. "Regen is going to be your best friend until you begin leveling up the Battle Healing skill. That will be a stopgap to keep regaining health even as you lose it." Finally, he wrote 'Trinket' over the last column, and populated the lines below that with 'ACC' twice and on the third line squeezed in 'ACC/Taunt.'

He spun the graphic around for Titan to see before picking up his fishing pole. "That last item, I honestly recommend having two different versions of. Hitting opponents is imperative when you are the only damage dealer. When you're not, it's far more attention that you draw focus, which is what Taunt will help you with. If you later pair that with the 'fighting spirit' skill, then any successful attack you deal will draw more aggro than even a crit landed by a DPS.' Shield cast out into the water. A few moments later, he got a bite, reeling the fish in and pulling it ashore to collect its bounty.

Edited by Shield

This was exactly what he had been looking for, the guidance to create his build to be the most optimal with stats that he would receive easy in just playing the game now that he knew what he was looking for. “ Luckily Shield and Titan both sound like Tanks, huh? ” He was kind of joking; a brimming smirk flashed his teeth for a second as he curiously watched as Shield began to scribble on an open notepad. Titan’s mind knew and understood what the other had been sharing and tried to read the words the other had been writing backwards. “ That makes sense. Mitigation, Damage, Shield with Regen on it and a Trinket for Accuracy and Taunt. ” He left it at that, it seemed simple enough.

“ Yeah, I’ll probably have a couple of items I can swap too. Ideally, if I ever get there. ” He let out a small nervous laugh, not wanting to think about the possibility of dying before getting remotely close to his goal. As the graphic turned around, Titan snapshotted the photo and kept it in his inventory as well for another time. “ So, right now I’m leveling up my spear skill. Would you recommend getting that to max before switching or build into Battle Healing and Fighting Spirit before then? ”

Easter Eggs & Materials

Spoiler

ID# 141620 | Craft: 6 & Loot: 9

Eggs Acquired: 3 | Total: 17

Edited by Titan
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 141870 results: Craft: 12 + Loot: 18+8=26 = [Chest found, 8 Eggs found]

Loot Total:

Eggs: 60

Shield line sailed through the air again as he thought over Titan's question. As he reeled in his line though, his fishing pole bent. It wasn't a fish pulling on it, though. It was snagged. Shield stood, giving the line a hard yank, and whatever it was hooked to moved. "This is either a log, or something much more valuable..." He pulled harder, reeling in the slack as he relaxed his arms and repeated that process, until eventually, a chest slowly emerged from the water. With one final heave, Shield pulled it fully up onto the bank.

"Well, that's a decent find," he said with a sigh, walking over to his 'catch' and kneeling beside it. "In any case, to answer your question, remember that every rank becomes more expensive as you increase a skill, which means you begin to get diminishing returns on your experience. What I would recommend is yes, focus on your weapon unless you ever find out you'll be tanking for another player or set of players. At that point, dealing damage is less important than drawing enemy fire, and that means Fighting Spirit becomes more important." He reached to the back of his belt and pulled out a large iron ring that had several golden keys threaded onto it. "At that point, between Taunt and Fighting Spirit, as long as you hit as often as your party members, you will never need to howl again."

"From there, once your weapon is maxed, get a set of vanity heavy armor and begin ranking up your Heavy Armor skill," he said, examining the size and shape of the lock as he flipped through his keys. "You will still have the regeneration effects from Regen, so Battle Healing is less important until you max out your armor. From there, you can take Battle Healing and swap out your Shield. I would recommend two ranks of Thorns and one of Taunt so you can use your full Accuracy trinket."

@Titan

Edited by Shield

“ Someone really likes fishing, huh. Seems like you find some good stuff too. ” Titan mused, perhaps he would get into the hobby too once he had a bit more combat-related skills under his belt. From the way that Shield had been doing it, it seemed to be like quite the helpful skill to collect materials and such. “ Congrats, the chest looks cool. ”

Titan listened with intent to the man’s words once again, nodding as he shared what he would do. “ That sounds good, maybe I’ll focus on getting a little bit of everything just so I can handle things as a new tank and go from there. ” He would focus on getting Fighting Spirit or Taunt next, just to make sure when the time came he’d be set. The keys came at a surprised but Titan couldn’t help but to admire the beauty’s, remembering the sight to figure out what it exactly was later.

“ Sounds good. This really is quite the roadmap to thanking, I appreciate your candor in helping me figure out what to do and how to execute. ” He’d get it right, making his own notes to know what to do and where to go. “ I think, honestly, you've mostly answered everything unless you have other little tidbits that you think would be worth knowing. ” Titan noticed the clump of easter eggs as well, putting it into his inventory with a nod.

Easter Egg & Material

Spoiler

ID# 142006 | Craft: 2 & Loot: 12

Eggs Acquired: 2 | Total: 19

Edited by Titan
Spoiler

Opening Chest - ID# 142017 results: Loot: 7+8=15

• [12-15] = 100 Col, 5 T1 materials, 1 rare weapon, 2 rare consumables

Loot Total:

Col: 100
Rare Weapons: [142017a]
Rare Consumables: [142017b]

The ring of keys jangled as Shield held one up to the lock. With a soft, distant sound of jangling coins, the key disintegrated into a fine golden dust that shimmered as it fell and vanished. The lid of the chest popped open, and a display of the chest's contents opened in front of it. Shield read through it and frowned. "I forgot how paltry the Col amounts are in first floor chests. Take it from me, if you're ever going to farm for loot, don't do it here," he sighed. Shield tapped the button to collect the contents, thus draining the chest's durability. The container burst like a slain monster, the glowing shards evaporating into the air.

With a little bit of effort, Shield straightened up and turned back to Titan. "As a matter of fact, I do have a tidbit," he said, replying to the comment from a few moments ago. "There's a player whose name you might have heard, Baldur. He and I are good friends, and we have ambitions to begin our own guild. The aim is eventually to serve as a step ladder, helping lower leveled players to join the front lines quicker and more safely than if they were to solo. You would not necessarily need to join. Our aim is more to provide our aid to all who are interested, not simply guild members." He walked back over to his spot on the grass, reaching out for Lilith, who slithered back onto his hand and flicked at the air with her tongue. "I cannot claim that my intentions are entirely philanthropic though. We go to such lengths because... the front lines need players. In particular, we need tanks and healers, and badly.

"Players get burnt out. Players retire. On occasion, players run off on their own outside of boss raids and get themselves killed,"  he added, again, not seeing the point in gilding the lily. "We need to have players continually training, preparing to fulfill the duties of the front line whenever the time comes for us to call on them. I hope you will remember this conversation and seek myself and Baldur out in the future so we can help prepare you."

Edited by Shield

Titan couldn’t help but laugh as he shook his head at the other who simply seemed to despise the first floor and the loot he received from it. “ Honestly? I’m just about to out level this floor so I’m sure I’ll be heading out a little bit higher soon. I still need quite a bit of egg so I might head up a couple of floors to do some egg scouting. ” He didn’t know how much he needed but Titan was certain it’d be more than the 17 or so he picked up while hanging out by the lake.

“ I haven’t met a Baldur yet. ” He spoke in earnest, the people he had met so far had only been a handful and of that two or so that were frontline players. “ The more players they are at the top, the better battles and easier they should be so I’m surprised there isn’t a guild like that yet. ” Shrugging, better late than never Titan supposed.

“ As I continue to climb, I’ll remember both of your names. No promises I’ll be making it to the front alive, if we’re still sharing candor. All I can promise you is that it’ll be trying my best. ” Giving the other a stern nod, the man bent down to pick up a piece of material and eggs as he stood back up. " I hope to won day join you in the chaos of the front lines. Who knows how long that'll take though. "

Easter Egg & Material

Spoiler

ID# 142458 | Craft: 12 & Loot: 16

Eggs Acquired: 6 | Total: 25
Material Acquired: 1 | Total: 1

Edited by Titan
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 142459 results: Craft: 1 [Nothing]

Loot Total:

Col: 100
Rare Weapons: [142017a]
Rare Consumables: [142017b]

"It wouldn't be the first guild of its kind," Shield said, sighing a little as he prepared his line, ready to cast once again. "I joined the Celestial Ascendants early on in my own early stages. However, it became clear that they were not prepared to really aid players in growing, and I did more to grown on my own - soloing quests - than I did in their company." He pulled back his arm and cast out into the water again. "The tank leader at the time, a young man named Jonathan, was... not yet ready to lead. I mean no insult to him. He was just..."  Shield floundered for words. How could one sum up the puzzle what was Jonathan? "Unhappy. Distant."

Shield absentmindedly cast and reeled in his line, nothing at the moment seeming to be interested in biting. "In any case, although we are not the first, I do hope we are the most successful. Goodness knows the front lines - and by proxy all of us - need it." He looked at his once again empty hook. "I think I've got one more cast in me, and then I'll be taking my leave. Do you have any last minute questions while we are here?"

Edited by Shield

“ Yeah, my goal is to be able to solo. Not the end bosses but I don’t want to rely on anyone as I climb. If not, I might get to the front lines not capable of strong decision making. ” He’d been doing pretty good so far, a bunch of potions in his inventory would be his trump card if things got a bit too nerve wracking when it came to the enemies. “ Some people are talented but aren’t meant to be leaders and it’s that simple. ” In a very matter-of-fact way, there were people who enjoyed the attention but buckled under the leadership. Shield hadn’t seemed to be the type though. “ I get it. No need to elaborate further, I’m not here to knock anyone for failing. I hadn’t been even capable of moving months ago to lift a sword for judgement isn’t something I feel like it’s fair to cast. ” His looking for more eggs or materials, no such luck this time around.

“ If and when you decide to make your guild, let me know. I’d love the help or even to help once I become more settled. ” Shield seemed like a good guy from what Titan could tell, someone who had been a veteran of the game and constantly thought of ways to beat it. “ Yeah, what profession are you? Might be worth visiting your shop sometime soon. I’m an alchemist, gonna focus on getting it high for crystals as soon as possible, seems like the best thing to do for a beginner like myself. ”

Easter Egg & Material

Spoiler

ID# 142461 | Craft: 6 & Loot: 1

Eggs Acquired: 0 | Total: 25
Material Acquired: 0 | Total: 1

Edited by Titan