[PP-F5-E3] <<Bloodstained Lands>>

"PFft...ahahaa, isn't that how the best plans are made?" Mari asked with a snort. So it was just a matter of all the people being in the right place at the right time. "I see - honestly - I'm still...hmmm..." Mari wasn't sure how to word it correctly without upsetting him - then again, Shield was pragmatic and Mari got the impression he of all people would understand. "I am still apprehensive - honestly. If it wasn't you who came to me with this pitch - and if it didn't have the backing of the others. I'd probably have declined. It just so happens to line up to what I wanted to do - granted...I was thinking of waiting till after I did redemption and have a green crystal but - I guess this just sorta..." Mari mimicked Shield with a cheeky grin. "Fell into my lap, as you say."

It was interesting to hear Oikawa mention her first; furthermore - that Shield was also considering her - despite not knowing her all that well. So they suggested her and Baldur agreed? Calrex too? Mari couldn't help but smile at the thought. Those people, they were willing to include her, wanted her associated with them. Despite everything. "Family...is really important." Mari added to his comment, of course - of course that dorky gaijin samurai valued such things.

"Beat - ah yes, your Husband. I'm happy - well, as happy as I can be to meet someone who probably wants to throw me over the edge of Aincrad."

@Shield

Edited by Mari
Spoiler

Opening Chest -  ID# 143891 results: Loot: 15+8=23 [applying Multipurpose housing bonus] +1=24

• [24-25] = 1,250 Col, 12 T1 materials, perfect weapon, perfect armor/shield, 2 perfect consumables

Total Loot:

Materials: 13
Col: 1,250
Perfect Armor/Shield: [143891a]
Perfect Weapon: [143891b]
Perfect Consumables: [143891c] [143891d]

Shield nodded to her sentiments regarding the chest, producing a key from the ring he carried and using it to open the container. As he did so, he grimaced, not even seeing the contents yet. "This is only floor five... the treasure here will be garbage. I really shouldn't have used a key..." The display of the chest's contents scrolled open in front of him and he sighed. "Well, at least it's a lot of perfect garbage. And it technically covered the cost of the key." He collected the items and turned back to Mari. "Sorry about that," he said, rejoining her and motioning for them to continue walking.

"Of course," Shield said, continuing back towards the settlement and getting back to the matter at hand. "There's a lot of work left to do, and of course I didn't expect the matter to be as simple as an easy yes or no. But I think it's just what Aincrad and the front lines need." The floor of the canyon had risen now almost all the way back up to 'ground level,' meaning it was not long now until they would be back in civilization. 

"As far as Beat goes, I wouldn't worry too much," Shield went on. "I've given him enough food for thought that he will stay his hand. He will hear you out, and if for some reason he is unsatisfied, I will make sure you get out of that encounter unscathed. Don't be too concerned." Overhead, the faint whistling of wind grew into an angry howl as they drew closer to the top of the canyon once again. Shield turned back to Mari, calling out over the wind. "Are you ready for this?" He pulled up his collar and ran out into the roaring winds of the desert.

[QUEST REWARDS]

[Shield]

2 SP
13 T1 Materials
1,450 Col
Perfect Armor/Shields

[143891a]
Perfect Weapons
[143891b]
Perfect Consumables
[143891c] [143891d]

[Mari]