[F1-PP] Fresh Start {First Lessons}

Eruda wakes up early in the morning and as she told Raidou the previous day, Eruda's sleep was finally a good one. Eruda stayed in her shop for a full day to contemplate everything that had happened as to give herself some space in hopes that she would go full freak out again. Preparing herself by getting regular clothes on and grabbing her sword from her fabric littered countertop, Eruda opens her HUD to locate the Firm Anima Guild Hall. After some glancing through the menu's she locates where it is and starts heading out. Opening her door and locking it behind her she realizes that it isn't light out yet. Looking at the time it is 5:30 in the morning. Eruda yawns a bit and fixes her hair to where it is tolerable for other sights, but to her mainly Raidou. Glancing at her map to the NAV marker she placed on the hall she starts walking to the teleportation circle. 

Appearing on the floor that Firm Anima was located on, Eruda follows the marker. Eventually arriving at the building Eruda stands there for a moment in almost hesitation. Eruda realizes that her hands were shaking a bit and she says in a small voice angrily "Stop it. I can't not do this. I need friends. I don't want to be alone anymore." Forcing a deep inhale as she closes her eyes trying to calm herself down Eruda slowly begins walking toward the front door. Putting her hand against the handle hoping that this time was not too early, Eruda opens the door and peaks inside.

Spoiler

Elda: The Non-Social Butterfly

Level: 9

HP: 180/180

EN: 18/18

Weapon: Black Steel Razor (Curved Sword) +1 Damage

Armor: 

Misc: Ebon Tether - Beauty +3 Loot Dice

Damage: +3

Mitigation:

Accuracy: 

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

One-Handed Curved Sword (Rank 1) +1 Damage

Armor Skill: Heavy Armor (Rank 1) No Armor Yet

Block (Rank 1) No Shield Yet

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready:

Edited by Eruda
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was rather early but Eruda had happened to catch the swordsman before he had left, he was expecting her to show up someday soon but not sure when. He had not noticed the girl however while he was milling about the interior with the shifting of paper and a scratched tally to a board beside a large pair of double doors. Taking inside and sliding about bags piled upon its shelves, it would be clear it was the guild vault with the mass of containers littered about it in sections. Looking around and opening a few as a slight verbal notion of its contents muttered from his lips, a stock perused thoroughly as if expectant of something.

To Eruda's back slips past Simmone "Oh hello dear, it's been a while." A soft good morning before she makes her way to Raidou and starts to join his shift through the bags and from the distance words exchanged that were not intelligible from the distance. A more understandable word "Thank you, I will leave you to it then. I have more to attend to, I'll be back in a while." Raidou remarks ripping his robe from the back of a chair with intentions to remove himself from the hall and allow her to work.

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

Level: 37

HP: 740/740

En: 74/74

Weapon: The Black Star - Genesis [1HSS] (T1/Perfect): Paralyze 1 (9-10), Taunt (+1 Hatred from Attacks/Howls, +2 on Focused), Vampiric [Offensive] 1 (Recover 10% of Total HP on 9-10)

Armor: Swordsman's Gauntlet [Heavy] (T2/Perfect): +54 Damage Mitigation

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [Light] (T1/Perfect): +3 Evasion

Skills:

1 Handed Straight Sword: Rank 3

Parry: Obtained

Gatherer: Obtained

Searching: Rank 5 (GM)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

Auric Sol  [1HSS] (T2/Perfect): +6 Base Damage

Self-Heal Recovery Potion*4

Teleport Crystal*1

Onyx Spectacles [Trinket] (T1/Perfect): +3 Loot Dice

Sam awakes early in the morning after a long day of gathering with Raidou. Conversations that partook that day makes Sam smile. A small yawn before looking at the time. "I wonder if Raidou would be awake at this time, I could really learn more from him" saying as she opens her HUD as to send Raidou a message. Sam quickly sents a message saying "I could really learn more from you smart guy. Could I follow you again today? Looking for my friends at this point is useless and I need to get on with my life regardless." Walking downstairs from the inn she stayed at she walks to the desk keeper to buys some bread to eat for the day. Waiting for a response, Sam sits on a stool and eats her bread. In doing so she glances around the inn and sees no one. "I really am an early bird aren't I" looking to the keeper. She nods with a smile toward Sam. "Every day since you started staying here," the keeper says as she proceeds with her work. Sam eats her bread quickly.

Spoiler

Sam - The Red Rose:

Level: 3

HP: 60/60

EN: 6/6

Weapon: 

Armor: 

Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: +3 Loot Dice

Damage: 1

Evasion: 0

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

Edited by Sam

Seeing Simmone passing by her she jumps a bit before hearing her soft word. A nervous smile followed by a small nod as she sees Simmone disappear into a room. Moments later seeing Raidou walkout. Eruda's face instantly turns red as she watches Raidou grab his robe off the back of his chair. Eruda tries opening her mouth to speak but nothing comes out. Raidou doesn't seem to notice her yet for she is in the corner of the hall next to the front door's Eruda's chest starts pounding as she watches Raidou move quickly around gathering his things. As he starts walking toward the front door, Eruda opens her mouth again wanting to say something more but all that comes out is "Hi." Eruda can feel herself starting to freak out as she places her hands behind her back with haste hoping Raidou wouldn't notice her trembling. Standing there in the dark Eruda walks forward a bit.

A pause as the girl comes to view, attentions shift and plans change. He was moving to start another harvest to further his goals but with the girl now present, an event for which he had been waiting. "Hello, Eruda." Raidou remarks as he removes a small book from his pocket, checking through his notes for the plan he had set aside for when she would show. To this a halt of a page before a buzz on his HUD as if a light going off in his head. Retracting the menu opens with a few rapid motions, the lines being drawn as if the events were connected. "That settles it then." Raidou speaks with a course of action becoming clear.

Scrawling out a message with nimble fingers dancing upon small keys, Raidou responds to Sam:

Spoiler

Floor 1, Quest Board. I assume you have not done First Lessons.

~Raidou

Turning to the blonde female to which had paid no explanation. "If you have or haven't done the first lesson questline, I would like to see what you can do. There is this upstart to which Firm Anima aids all that we can. I would like to further her efforts and your welcome to accompany me."

If the girl chose to follow or not, Raidou had a task to uphold and to this end made his way to floor 1's board hoping that Eruda would follow along.

Edited by Raidou

Sam finished the last of her bread as her HUD chimes. Quickly opening her messages Sam reads what Raidou had to say with a small nod of recognition she doesn't respond. Instead, she hops off her chair and looks to the keeper saying "See ya tonight" with a smile. Sam heads out the door making her way to the quest board. Not seeing anyone here yet she takes to the board with easy motions and swift hands she takes the quest "First Lesson" and forms a party. Sending a party request to Raidou, Sam closes her menu and stands against the edge of the quest board with a small yawn. "Hmm" Sam says as she opens her quest and starts reading over the requirements of what needs to be accomplished for completion. After skimming over all the details needs Sam closes her HUD and folds her arms against her chest waiting for Raidou to show surprised that he is even up this early. 

A half-smile forms on Eruda's face as he says her name. Hearing his HUD chime this early Eruda's smile disappears. Watching as Raidou sent a message back, and begins going through is a note pad as it seems as though a plan was formed before she even got here. Raidou explains what was going on and Eruda just nods not wanting to talk just to make a fool of herself. Thinking to herself who this other person may be Raidou starts walking out the door. Eruda follows closely behind him knowing he was a fast walker toward the warp pad. Eruda watches Raidou disappear on the teleporter after saying floor 1. Eruda doesn't hesitate to do the same calling out "Floor 1" as few ghostly moments pass before landing onto the floor she was most comfortable with. Looking to the quest board Eruda sees a tall black-haired female leaning against its edge. Eruda walks to the board and takes the first lessons quest trying to avoid eye contact with this girl wondering if this was who Raidou was referring to.  

Flipping the menu open as the screens are shuffled about in a quick resizing and comparison, withdrawing a book from his pocket with a respective read of the other players within it under his own. Running the numbers they both seemed to be within range, and although the quest could not be shared to him Raidou was keen on orchestrating what was to transpire. Asking of Sam to make him party leader to which she happily obliges.

Shuffling through the menus again having a clear visual on each of their levels, they would be eligible for the rewards the same as the rest of his guild was prior. "Share the quest with Eruda, then follow me." Raidou speaks to Sam as the blanket of moving boxes slam to shut with all the relevant information now cataloged in his memory. Raidou moves in a quickened pace to Zackariah the NPC in question, hoping the others would be on his heels to start the first step and speak to the old apothecary.

Sam nods to Raidou in understanding as she was already opening her HUD to do such thing seeing that she did show up with Raidou so Sam would think nothing less. Sending Eruda a quest share Sam glances at Eruda with a smile saying "Sam, nice to meet you. Hope you can keep up" as her smile turns to a grin. Closing out her menu Sam turns to catch up to Raidou who already seems a great distance from them.

With haste, Sam catches up to him and says in a teasing voice "She's pretty cute, how did you get so lucky" with a small chuckle. Sam keeps pace with Raidou but turns her head back at Eruda with a smile. "Eruda doesn't seem the talking sort though" as she starts jogging, heading toward her destination. Getting to the building where the marker leads her, she walks in and talks to Zackariah about the quest. A few minutes later Sam walks back through the doors and waits for Eruda to do the same as she did. 

Accepting all the invites, Eruda looks to Sam as she says a small introduction and runs off toward Raidou. Looking at the map Eruda starts heading that way as well not wanting to keep them waiting. Keeping a small distance from them she sees Sam say something to Raidou then turn in her direction. Eruda blushes a bit before she walks a bit faster to catch up. Seeing Sam walk into the building for the quest in the distance and walking back out before Eruda even got there. Sam standing there now, Eruda quickly walks past Raidou with her head slightly turned not wanting him to see her face red now, to the building, and opens the door. Eruda stands there for a moment trying to calm her nerves hoping that Raidou and Sam don't see how freaked out she was. Closing her eyes taking a small solid breath before she walks to the counter and has a conversation with Zackariah about the quest. After a few minutes, Eruda walks out of the building glancing at Sam and then Raidou and then to the ground waiting for the others to take action as Eruda places her hand behind her back to keep them from trying to shake. 

"She is a fellow guild mate, I'd met her long ago and I am no different so It would be foolish to assume any less of her." Raidou remarks with a shortened response allowing the differed phrase no more soaking of the time spent. With the quest undertaken after the spoken word pierces through the walls of the enclosure of the apothecary in question, Raidou was convinced their respective quests were likely moving to the next flag to which they would need to gather resources. Although he could not obtain the materials for them and have already done his own in the past he could at least aid them in spotting such.

Leaving the entry of the city and beelining through the emerald green grass still taking on a blued shade from the morning sun still not fully risen, a patch he had utilized before with some of the others. Kneeling down as the first present, the rest of the party should have little issue spotting the bright red cloak on his back. The plants here paled in comparison to what he was used to, further cementing the vast difference between locations.

ID# 144536 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 6+[5/3]=14, Failure!

Total T1 Materials: 0

Edited by Raidou

Following in toe with Raidou as he makes a mad dash toward a herb patch in the distance that's located outside the city. Walking to Raidou as he kneels down to try gathering from this patch but having no luck Sam says "I was simply commenting on the facts. I think better when I do. I was not trying to make you uptight or uncomfortable. I was also not trying to insult her either. I was simply just stating what I observe. It's how I know what I do and I am sorry Raidou if you felt like I meant either of you any harm in doing so."

Sam glances around for some herbs of her own to gather from to get this quest over with. Sam wasn't irritated or anything because she knew that she may have overstepped like she always does. Sam sets her sights on a yellow patch that seems to glow within the early morning sky. Sam smile just a bit before also getting to her knees and focuses on each small stem in the ground eventually she realizes that the good herbs gave of a brighter color than the others. With a small pick of the herb like a flower, Sam places it in her satchel.

ID# 144581 results: Loot: 11+3=14 Success 

Total T1 Quest Materials: 1

Edited by Sam

Eruda catches up to the group just in time to hear Sam say what she did to Raidou and then walk off to gather quest materials. Eruda frowns a bit and walks next to Raidou who was trying to collect something, anything from this patch. Eruda knees next to him less than a foot apart and she attempts to keep her breathing normal as to not show her nervous break down she was having inside from being so close to him. Focusing on the herbs now she observes the patch before her looking for anything that would tell her that there was something here.

With an intense mindset, Eruda manages to find a herb that was more of vibrant coloring than the others around her. Carefully plucking it from the soil beneath it she turns her head to Raidou with a concerned look painted across her face. "Are y-y-ou okay" saying as she looks back to the patch to try finding any more of note. 

ID# 144582 results: Loot: 8+3=11 Success 

Total T1 Quest Materials: 1 

Edited by Eruda

They both seemed to be progressing but were both seemingly painted with a query to his motives, feeling as though some emotion had been damaged. This was not the case, for the only thing Raidou was concerned with was proceeding forward without unnecessarily wasted day. "If I came off as irritated it simply is not the case, finishing this quickly is what is important." Raidou explained with his hands continuing to purvey the paltry units that were present in hopes of finding at least something worth picking. They seemed to be what he expects, mostly immature units that were not fit for use given the location more than likely being disturbed or milled about it in excess this close to the walls of the city. At the very least the other two could finish their tasks, but Raidou was skeptical of obtaining anything of worth from this node due to this fact.

ID# 144688 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 2+[5/3]=10, Failure!

Edited by Raidou

Listening to Raidou now Sam just nods saying "Couldn't agree more" as she continues to pick through the material in front of her trying to find any other herbs that may be still present. Apparently Sam was a bit distracted because as she goes to pick another herb from its home it snaps. Sam grabbed it wrong and broke the leaves the were attached to this fragile plant. "Ugg" Sam say as she stands to her feet. Her mind was racing trying to get into a better state of mind. "I need to focus dang it," saying as she scans the area for a different patch of herbs trying to clear her mind from her friends and how alone she felt without them. Sam makes haste toward a red patch that she seems in the small distance in attempts of clearing this quest as fast as she could. Crouching down she begins to investigate. 

ID# 144689 results: Loot: 5+3=8 Failure

Edited by Sam

Seeing the tension build up with Sam toward Raidou makes her feel uneasy. Looking toward Sam worried and then toward Raidou she says "If you need to leave I will understand." Eruda seems to get serious while speaking causing her words to be straight without a stutter. "I can handle Sam and if anything goes wrong I will let you know. I will make sure that we finish this quest. I will report back to you when it is done." Eruda starts focusing on the patch with Raidou. Eruda wanted him to stay but realized that he may have other intentions to attend to. She didn't want him to feel obligated to be a baby sitter at a simple task like this. Eruda starts picking at the herbs with as much attention as she could put forth at the moment. Eruda can't seem to place the difference between the good and the bad quality herbs so she gets to her feet.

Turning to Raidou she says "We can spend time together at a later date" as her face begins to turn red waiting for Raidou to respond before she goest to join Sam.

ID# 144709 results: Loot: 1+3=4 Failure

Edited by Eruda

"Do not be discouraged by such, I believe you more capable then perhaps you do." Raidou spoke with honesty, a bit taken back by her sudden stand to charge to see the quest to its end. "I will be nearby call me if you need, I'd like to see what I may have missed." Raidou remarks lifting to his feet and trailing away from the others, it was a show of faith and as before he would be just out of sight, seeing how they would fair without his direct input as he had done with the others prior. The trees took to density and with it cast a shadow over the soil inside the canopy reducing the grass to barren dirt more than likely due to the sheer requirement of the trees draining the soil. Within Raidou finds another concealed inside, and it appears that this collection of plants is much more untouched given its distance and obscurity.

ID# 144714 results: Craft: 2, Loot: 8+[5/3]=16, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +1 Bonus Materials!

2*T1 Materials Obtained!

Total T1 Materials: 2

Edited by Raidou

Sam is trying to focus but can't seem to at the moment. Her eyes dart toward Raidou and Eruda as words fall between them leaving Raidou walking away in the end. Sam was confused now by this act but as she looks more closely at Eruda, something was different. Not able to pin point just what changed, Sam walks to another patch near Eruda. Sam rubs both her eyes with 2 fingers as to try getting her head as clear as she could. Crouching down to this patch, Sam looks to Eruda one more time before attempting another gather.

Yet again Sam has let her feelings and opinions get in her way. Sam sits there staring at the herbs as curiosity and thought flood her mind. "Come on SAM. What is wrong with you today" Sam says angrily as she can't find the differences in the leaves beneath her feet.

ID# 144716 results: Loot: 1+3=4 Failure

Edited by Sam

Watching Raidou walk into the tree lines she looks to Sam who seems to be bothered by something. Eruda makes her way toward Sam and her expression completely changes. "Sam, Raidou was right. Put everything out of your head and focus. Raidou has disconnected for a while to let us finish this quest. I know that it might be hard for this is something that I struggle with a lot but right now is not the time or place to worry about things that you can't change." Eruda gets to her knees looking at the same herbs that Sam was attempting to see the color pattern between each one. As Eruda begins to focus more on this patch she sees a blue herb that seems brighter than all the others. Eruda reaches for the very bottom of the root and plucks it from the soft soil placing it in her bag and looks to Sam.

ID# 144717 results: Loot: 13+3=16 Success

+1 Quest Material Obtained 

Total T1 Quest Materials: 2

Edited by Eruda

Seeing Eruda sitting next to her, Sam starts to open her mouth to say something but Eruda starts talking. Hearing Eruda's words brings some light to her mind. With a smile Sam watches Eruda pick a herb with full confidence now and Sam just nods her head. The moment Sam sees Eruda pick this plant she sees at the last minute that it had a faint glow. Raising a brow at this conclusion Sam changes her tactics. She starts looking for the ones that have a faint glow to them and finds it easier to her process of elimination. Finding one she looks more carefully at the herb and notices the same thing that Eruda did. The coloring has a vast difference between them one you know what you're looking for. With a smile Sam carefully grasps the plant fiber into her hand, removing it from the home. "Hey Eruda, why do you chose now to talk to me as soon as Raidou leaves" very curious trying to sort out some of her thought hoping that Eruda might be able to help.   

ID# 144718 results: Loot: 17+3=20 Success

+1 Quest Material Obtained 

Total T1 Quest Materials: 2

Edited by Sam