[F1-PP] Fresh Start {First Lessons}

Eruda's eyes turn to Sam as she speaks "I..." but can't seem to get anything out that would make sense. Eruda refocuses on the plant fibers in front of her trying to think of what to say to re-ensure Sam that it wasn't her fault. Another shine of difference toward the coloring, Eruda takes her fingers to the herb, taking it from the soil. "Sam there are things that you can't know or begin to understand right now. Raidou..." her wards fade to nothing as she thinks for a moment. "Raidou is..." Eruda's face begins to turn red just as her memories of him from before flow through her mind. "Let's just finish this okay. This is one of many quests that we will most likely be taking together so please just focus on what matters to him and me okay?" Eruda places the content into her bag and begins to scan the patch for more material.

ID# 144724 results: Loot: 13+3=16 success

+1 Quest Material Obtained 

Total T1 Quest Materials: 3

Edited by Eruda
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Eruda blush just by saying his name makes her smile. Sam's flaws of being nosy come into effect as she too starts to scan over these herbs for its content. "You like him don't you. Your actions and face say it all Eruda. Why haven't you told him?" Sam starts to get excited over this topic and loses concentration looking to Eruda for an answer. Sam moves a little over the herb patch causing her to crush some of them. Sam looks at what she had done with a frown. "He should know, maybe it would make Raidou less of a grump" sam gets to her feet now as she tries to find where Raidou went. Looking down at Eruda who was trying to focus Sam seemed to catch her off guard with the accusations. Sam attempts to fight herself and kneels back down with the intentions of collecting more from this patch before finding another one. 

ID# 144725 results: Loot: 4+3=7 Failure

Total T1 Quest Materials: 2

Edited by Sam

Eruda starts to get mad at Sam but knows that she wasn't wrong saying to her "What we have or don't have is none of your business Sam. That is for me and Raidou to figure out on our own. You need to stop pushing this matter and focus because the sooner we get this done, the sooner I can get back to him." Eruda glares in Sam's direction hoping that she would drop the conversation. Eruda scans the patch to locate any redemption of herbs that Sam didn't crush. Eruda manages to see a small color change followed by a glow between two of the fibers. Eruda gently picks the plant from the soil and places it in her bag.

Eruda stands up and says "I told Raidou that I would help you get this done so that is exactly what I am going to do but please just stop with this topic. He is counting on me for the first time even...Just work with me here please Sam?"

ID# 144727 results: Loot: 8+3=11 Success

Total T1 Quest Materials: 4

Edited by Eruda

Sam is shocked by Eruda's words now more than ever. Rubbing her eyes, Sam glances down at the patch and starts scanning over the herbs with a more intense view. Sam smiles as she finds a herb that was a brighter coloring than the others. Gently picking the her Sam frowns a bit after placing it into her satchel with the other quest material that she collected. "Eruda I am sorry. I have a problem that I can't help doing and I really don't know how to stop my bad habits, I really am not meaning to make you guys mad but I really can't seem to turn it off. Honestly, if I could I would because it does indeed get me into situations that I don't want to be in. Do you forgive me Eruda?" Sam looks down trying to keep her focus elsewhere before she has to place a foot in her mouth to stop talking. 

ID# 144728 results: Loot: 9+3=12 Success

Edited by Sam

Listening to Sams word and feeling bad now saying "We are not mad at you Sam. We are simply trying to help you better yourself. I know that feeling that you have though. Not knowing how to deal with something and wanting more than anything to fix it. Something that helped me with that though was the Gemini Quest. It helped me accept certain parts of me that I thought were damaged beyond repair. Sometime in the near future, you should really consider doing it. It's something that you will have to do on your own and you will make your own fate happen." Eruda feels as though Sam will need more help than expected but she was up for the challenge. Eruda also was trying to better herself and if she could help others do the same then so be it. Eruda looks down to the patch once more and finds another herb that shines oh so brighter than the others. Softly picking it from its home and placing it in her bag, Eruda gets to her feet and dusts her knees off. Eruda steps away but still watching her, allowing Sam to gather the remaining materials for what she needs from the quest.

ID# 144729 results: Loot: 12+3=15 Success

Total T1 Quest Materials: 5 (Gathering Portion Complete)

Edited by Eruda

Hearing Eruda's word Sam attempts to gather something, anything from this patch. After a moment of swift eye movement and not seeing nothing else, Sam gets to her feet and dusted her knees off as well. "Thank you for your understanding Eruda. I appreciate it greatly," Sam tells her sincerely as she scans around the grounds for another herb patch to gather from. Sam realizes that the sun was at its peak now but there was clouds that were starting to form around making her think that it was to rain soon. Sams head darts in every direction as to find something quickly. After a moment Sam's vision comes across another gathering spot. Sam makes haste toward it now trying to avoid the rain that was surely coming soon. As her feet hit the ground, Sam feels the coldness of droplets on her head. "Great just what we need," Sam says with a bit of anger. Moving faster to get to the patch, Sam slides to a halt in front of it and gets to her knees.

ID# 144730 results: Loot: 2+3=5 Failure

Edited by Sam

Sam quickly scans this patch and finds a herb that differed from its coloring against the others, picking it carefully and placing it in her bag. Sam is now focusing on the gathering portion of the quest to get done because shes really doesn't what to be stuck in the rain. Eruda words echo through her mind about the Gemini quest. Thinking to herself if it would really help her the way Eruda says it would. What did she mean by I would be choosing my own fate? This confused her because how could a quest possible make her better. Friends yes, companions sure but a quest. Sam still had a lot to learn and with her friends not being present in her life anymore she would have to figure out a new way to make every day count. To make each a day worth being alive. Trying to wrap her head around all this Sam starts to scan across this patch in hopes that she would find something of use even in the state she seemed to be in right now. 

ID# 144734 results: Loot: 9+3=12 Success

Total T1 Quest Materials: 4

Edited by Sam

Regardless of everything on her mind, Sam manages to find the last material for her collection. Picking from the root, a blue herb from the collection, Sam places it into her holder and gets to her feet. Realizing that the rain has started with light droplets falling from the sky, Sam looks around for Eruda. After a moment of passing time Sam sees her and calls out "I'm done. Grab Raidou and I will meet you guys back at the building." Sam makes haste back toward town without the others. In just a few minute's time, Sam gets to the building. Walking into Zackariah's workshop he explains what has to be done next. Sam waits for the group before doing anything more so that she can complete the quest with Eruda at the same time. Sam leans against the wall by the door and begins drinking her hair out from all the water that it has soaked up.

ID# 144737 results: Loot: 17+3=20 Success

Total T1 Quest Materials: 5 (Gathering Portion Complete)

Edited by Sam

They seemed to wander about furiously but it seemed they were progressing well enough without his direct intervention, so he allowed them to continue. He could not help but notice however the chatter between them, and although due to the distance it was unintelligible it seemed slightly fueled by turmoil from the tones. Sam seemed to retract and to this end Raidou was met with a HUD response from Eruda, making the movement easily perceived as a completion of this segment. With an intention to follow behind them, Raidou's sight catches a glimmer hidden in the thicket just before his exit. Moving to source reveals a box, trimmed in iron and held together with rivets that blanketed the surface. A chest to which caution must be paid, Raidou begins to survey the entirety of it looking for any device that would show it intended him harm. Running an open hand along its surface in a slow creeping circle about it.

Looking for Chest: ID# 144741 results: Loot: 7+[5+3]=15, Success!

Edited by Raidou

Seeing Eruda walk through the door shortly after her, Sam pushes herself off the wall and walks to the front desk. Sam asked Zac a few quests and with each answer, Sam nods as she wants to understand what she is doing before she starts. Looking to Eruda saying "Where is Raidou?" With a brow raised in curiosity, Sam explains in depth what needs to be done and where they needed to go afterwords to finally complete the quest. Sam pulls out all the herbs that she had collected out on the field. Sam begins to get an understanding of exactly what needs to get done and how to craft this potion that Zac wanted. Taking his equipment, Sam starts to grind up her first herb hoping that she was doing it correctly. Placing the content in an empty bottle, Sam tries to put in the right amount of weird liquid given to make her potion.  

Sam completely bombs the first potion she tried creating. A failure occurs it a very very small burst sending a puff of smoke her way. Sam coughs a bit but tries again. With a tiny bit of luck, Sam makes a good quality healing pot. With a smile, she looks to Eruda as she hands the potion to Zac, and in return, he hands her a package to deliver to Lyle's workshop. Sam walks out of the shop toward the marker that was added to her map.

ID# 144744 results: Craft: 2 FAIL

ID# 144745 results: Craft: 6 Good Quality Success

Edited by Sam

Answering Sam's question with a shrug of her shoulders, Eruda watches Sam fail but succeed on her second attempt. Seeing Sam walk out of the building Eruda walks to the front desk and takes out her materials and places it on the counter. Zac hands her a bottle and his equipment to use. With a small nod knowing what had to be done Eruda gently crushes her first material into some herb dust that she could use for such a task. Pouring the powdered content into the clear container, Zac hands her a small mixture of liquid. Wanting to make Raidou proud for this was his craft, Eruda measures the amount before mixing them together. Eruda takes her time with each calculation. After some time Eruda decides that she has the right amount and begins to mix the liquid and powder together. With a golden glow to the fixture, a bight green content form inside the bottle after she stirs them together. Zac laughs a bit as he was very impressed. Taking the perfect quality healing potion he gives Eruda the same package to deliver. With a smile, Eruda takes this and walks out heading toward the small blacksmith building now marked on her map.

ID# 144746 results: Craft: 12 (Perfect Quality Succeed)

Edited by Eruda

His distraction is drawn away from the group as they vanished into the Town of beginnings, to which within the walls they would meet no resistance. This allows his attention to focus fully on the box at his feet, to which it showed no warning that it may contain something that would wish him harm. Sliding his hand underneath its lid and running it along the surface to see if there was a cord or cable that identified a possible mechanism out of sight that would possibly do the same. With nothing found that would give away such a thing. No response as Raidou lifts the lid precariously, revealing inside a few parcels wrapped in white alongside a small bag of coin. Retrieving its contents beckons him to return to the others, having exercised caution and walked away unscathed for the show. Within the walls, Raidou makes his way back to the apothecary eager to see how things are progressing.

Opening Chest: ID# 144842 results: Loot: 15

100*Col,

5*T1 Materials

T1 Unidentifed Rare Weapon

T1 Unidentifed Rare Consumable #144842a

T1 Unidentifed Rare Consumable #144842b

Edited by Raidou

Eventually, Sam arrives at this building, looking up to the sign reading Blacksmith back. Walking in she sees a man standing on the counter working on a sword. "Are you Lyle Tealeaf?" Sam says as her feet hit the wooden floors that seem to echo a bit. "I am Lyle. How may I assist you today?" Lyle says as he looks up to meet Sam's face. "Zac has sent me here to deliver this package to you" saying as she places the content on the counter in front of him. "Ah Zackariah, please let me see it" as he takes it from the counter and walks into the back room of his shop. A few minutes pass before returning back to the front. "Thank you. You have helped me a great deal. Maybe when you have time you can come back and help me with another task." Smile smiles and nods, turning toward the door seeing Eruda walk through the doors. "Your turn," Sam says as she walks out and stands outside waiting for Eruda to be done.

Watching Sam walk out she pulls out her package and places it on the counter. "I am here to deliver this from Zackariah," Eruda says in a small voice. "Ah! Two in one day that man. He never seizes to surprise me," saying as he picks this content up from the counter and walks to the back of his shop once more. Tealeaf reappears with a huge smile saying "You too could come back anytime. I will need assistance at a later date if you would mind helping," Eruda smiles just a bit before saying "If it is in my chain of orders that my Guild Master requires than yes I will see you again." Eruda turns toward the door with Lyle saying "Thank you for your assistance miss." Eruda's head turns with a smile that was more believable "You are very welcome" she says before walking out the door meet Sam outside. 

Both Eruda's and Sam's HUD ping at the same time upon the completion of the quest. Eruda doesn't hesitate to say "Sam if you are to join Firm Anima in another quest, we need to speak with Raidou about you taking this Gemini quest. I have no authority to tell you what you should do but I have a feeling that Raidou would agree with me on this topic." With a small nod from Sam, Eruda brushes her bangs with her hand and sent Raidou a message explaining that they have completed the quest and that she was taking Sam back to her shop. Looking at Sam saying "You can stay with me tonight in my shop if you'd like. I will be getting orders of what to do next when Raidou is ready to give them." Sam nods toward Eruda and they both begin to walk to Eruda tailoring shop.

Edited by Eruda

"Correct, your next course should be handling the thing before it becomes too daunting to face." Raidou remarks following in tow, before a furthered explanation was in order. "It directly grows with you, but there is a caveat as it does not grow to the gear your wearing." Raidou says while sliding his inventory open looking through that which was hidden within. A flash of materializing data before it breaks loose a gauntlet, the very same hand he had passed to those before her. "My old armor will serve you in giving you an edge to which the beast will have no answer. Likewise, I will speak to Simmone, look for her ledger in the request board to get in contact with her for she will have the second piece of the puzzle to finish it out." Extending the piece to the girl with an upturned hand through the robe on his shoulders, a brilliant silver glove: an icon of the offering of aid from Firm Anima.

Raidou lends Sam:

Spoiler
Name: Swordsman's Bracer
Profession: Blacksmith
Roll ID: (Re-Eval'd)
Roll Result: (Re-Eval'd)
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Mitigation 3 (+27 Miti)
Post Link: Here
Description:
A simple unassumed plate gauntlet designed for the left arm, from the tips of the fingers to a rounded pauldron near the neck covering the shoulder. Given its plain, although beautifully simplistic silver gleaming polished plates, it's noticeable that the piece has been designed to leave no breaks or gaps near the outside of the arm for some purpose. This does not restrict the user's movement but is curious still as in most instances such seamless coverage is unnecessary. (+27 Damage Mitigation)

Sam jumps at the sudden words behind her. Holding her chest with one hand turning toward the voice seeing Raidou. "Jeez buddy you trying to give me a heart attack" saying as he talks like he heard the conversation that Eruda and here were just talking about. "Wait when did you.." Sam starts to say as she starts listening to what he was actually saying. Handing her a bracer that was covered by silver, Sam looks to Eruda then back at Raidou. "If you say that this will help then okay I will use them but I still don't understand what this quest is and why everyone is talking about it like it's dangerous or something," Sam says as she takes the bracer from him. "When should I take this Gemini Quest?" Sam says more seriously than before looking to Eruda then back to Raidou again for some form of guidance from one or the other.

Sam Equips the Swordsman's Bracer

Spoiler
Name: Swordsman's Bracer
Profession: Blacksmith
Roll ID: (Re-Eval'd)
Roll Result: (Re-Eval'd)
Item Type: Heavy Armor
Tier: 1
Quality: Perfect
Enhancements: Mitigation 3 (+27 Miti)
Post Link: Here
Description:
A simple unassumed plate gauntlet designed for the left arm, from the tips of the fingers to a rounded pauldron near the neck covering the shoulder. Given its plain, although beautifully simplistic silver gleaming polished plates, it's noticeable that the piece has been designed to leave no breaks or gaps near the outside of the arm for some purpose. This does not restrict the user's movement but is curious still as in most instances such seamless coverage is unnecessary. (+27 Damage Mitigation)

Edited by Sam

Eruda hears Raidou voice and her face turns red. Turning slowly seeing him and watching Sam freak a bit at his appearance makes Eruda half-smile and look away from Raidou. Eruda hears Sam talk but notices that her voice sounded uneasy, maybe a little bit scared. Trying not to make direct eye contact with Raidou as she says to Sam "The quest itself could be dangerous if you don't give in to what stands in front of you. It will try to get into your head and confuse you but just know Sam that no matter what..." Eruda looks to Raidou with confident eyes, as her face was still as red as his cloak and looks back to Sam continuing "Me and Firm Anima will be with you no matter what." Eruda says this with the knowledge and conversations previously how Firm Anima was helping her out so why would they stop caring now.

Eruda at this point realizes that no matter what her reaction to the idea would be, Eruda knew that she would never rehabilitate herself with new people or groups of others unless she forced such things upon herself. Nervously taking a deep inhale of breath while her hands began to shake a bit, she quickly puts her hands behind her back holding them tightly together in hopes of stopping them from trembling. Eruda walks to Raidou trying to keep calm saying "I want to meet the o-o-others...I need t-to meet them" with a small stutter to each word. As nervous as she was about this thought she knew that something had to give eventually. Eruda holds her hands tighter from behind her back but her chest begins to pound just by looking at Raidou. 

Edited by Eruda

"Sooner the better as it grows with you, Keep an eye peeled for the notice board near the fountain in town." Raidou spoke in a concise and rapid tone, letting the information fall about where ever it may sink in. It seemed as though this leg was complete, the task including delivering the parcel to Lyle without his direct intervention."Looks as though that is all, I would beckon you to continue your journey with our aid." Raidou speaks to Sam, hoping to cement in her the importance of safety in numbers. Looking to Eruda with a slight interest in her steps in the right directions, of her own accord wishing to meet the others to which she was now a part of. "I planned to have you do the next few legs of this line with them, the faces will change with each new quest. But its for the best to iron out any issues that may arise before they can become a problem."

"I will do just that Raidou and thank you for your help. I really do appreciate it. You both have given me a reason to stay alive now. Not knowing what happened to any of my friends scare me but dying is a whole new ball game in here." Looking to Eruda then back at Raidou with a smile saying "I really hope that thing between you works out. I would like to see where fate will take you two." She turns to Eruda with a smile saying "I have to get something from the inn that I have been staying at. I'll meet you at your shop Okay?" Sam turns away from both of them and starts walking toward her usually resting spot to grab a few things for multiple days not know how long Eruda would let her stay. Sam gets a ping from Eruda saying where her shop was and Sam starts heading that way to wait for her newfound friend, or so she had hoped. 

Listening to Raidou she frowns just I bit saying in a small voice almost to herself but toward Raidou "I am terrible with big groups of people but I will do my best" looking down the ground with her hands still trembling behind her back. Eruda does a small nod toward Sam as she walks off speaking words that she couldn't even begin the process. Walking toward Raidou further, she tries to keep her nerves in check as she stands there less than two feet from him. "I know t-that you said you were really busy but I was wondering if we could try t-t-that din..." and as Eruda tries taking one more step forward her foot hits a rock. Eruda falls forward catching both of her hands onto both sides of Raidou's robe. In instinct, Eruda closes her eyes while she falls but then realizes that her hands were attached to something. Looking up slowly opening her eyes to meet his. Her chest started pounding but she couldn't look away. Eruda comes back to reality seeing how close she was, she quickly pulls herself up and makes haste to create distance between them. "Raidou I am so sorry. Jeeze I am such a klutz. Never mind about that last statement. I am sorry I even brought it up. Ill set Sam off to the Gemini quest in the morning and stop by the hall" Eruda says in words that were so fast, giving her no time to stutter and her face turns super red. "I'm sorry I..." trying to say something more but couldn't bring herself to do so. Putting her hands to her face now she turns from Raidou and runs toward her shop to attempt to sleep off the embarrassment that she just created for herself.