[F21 - PP - Shield & Raidou] <<Nature's Treasure>>

Spoiler

Opening Chest - ID# 147112 results: Loot: 11+7=18

• [16-20] = 3,150 Col, (8) materials, perfect armor/shield, (2) rare consumables

Keys used: 2

Total Loot:

Col: 8,400
Materials: 21
Perfect Weapons: [147067a]
Perfect Armors: [147067b] [147112a]
Perfect Consumables: [147067c] [147067d]
Rare Consumables: [147112b] {147112c]

It felt like he hadn't even properly gotten back into a fishing rhythm before Raidou was calling him over. Sure enough, he had come upon another chest. "I've always liked this spot," Shield said with a nod. "It takes good care of you if you're built to handle it. I got it covered," he said, taking out his keys once again and selecting one to use to open the new container. Another key spent and another chest opened, and then yet another list of items. "Not impressive as the first one, but some good finds to be sure." He collected its contents, the window transferring them automatically into his inventory.

"Well, since it appears we're joining forces now, we will need to figure a way to divvy things up when we go our separate ways," Shield said with a slight frown, thinking through how best to do so. "I suppose it makes sense to list out our priorities as far as loot goes and what we value. If we're looking for different things, so much the better." Shield stood up and turned to Raidou. "My top priority has always been unidentified gear, particularly armors and rare weapons." It didn't seem prudent to list off every item at once. He left his tone on a rising inflection to indicate he was waiting for Radious to reply with his top priority before he would continue.

Edited by Shield
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A careful inspection within feet of the container as it is opened, a slight remembrance of the merchant Ceres comes to mind as its as if looking at a more extreme version of the girl. Raidou simply enjoyed the experience and insight, for he found them much more valuable than any finite resource. A saying passes his mind as he looks to the lake and he found it a fitting example. "I am not too particular, keep it all. Given how much you have prepared for them, I find it fitting to leave them to you as you have a purpose in mind as I do not. The observation is all I ask, I would like to understand the methods." as Raidou could already see the scope of such a skill being viable in offsetting the scales further in the player base's favor. A deeper understanding would breed a more precise set of plans with less room for error after all. A couple of trifles hang from the stone wall to which in illuminated growths of fungi, Raidou could not help but claim a few for himself during his explanation.

ID# 147118 results: Craft: 10, Loot: 15+[5/3/2]=25, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +3 Bonus Materials

5*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 37

Edited by Raidou

Fishing -  ID# 147121 results: Craft: 3 [No materials found]

Total Loot:

"Well, I'm not going to force you to take loot," Shield said, shrugging to himself. "However, it you're helping me find chests, I see no reason not to help you out at least a little." Observing Raidou's gathering, Shield gave a little nod and made up his mind. "Tell you what. Every chest you find, I'll gladly offer you the materials inside, since that's what you seem to be here to gather."

Shield returned to the spot where he had been sitting to do his fishing, picking up his pole and casting out into the water once more. He sat in the darkened chamber, casting and slowly reeling the line in, doing his best to imitate the swimming patterns of a fish with his bait. "I highly doubt how I fish has any impact on how the skill works, but if nothing else, employing real world fishing techniques at least makes it a little less tedious." He tossed out his line, and once again, it returned an empty hook.

Edited by Shield

Raidou agrees as that was more than he was expecting, as his true motive was simply a survey of the cave. "I suppose if your offering, It seems the rat race continues onward. Its a bit difficult supplying the guild almost single-handedly." With no pause shifting about the place, an eye to a book between as he built a comprised list of its contents. "This tends to be relaxing, I find solace in these simple actions." Raidou remarks as he has set upon yet another location of liberating water, the vibrant blue herbs that lapped up the water in excess. "Even if it is a placebo, it makes it feel a little less like we are trapped here. A tying line to the real world with each stroke." spoken as a snap of roots breaks one of these grey rooted plants free, a tap onto his thigh kicking away the wet clay, smearing the stuff on his pant leg before depositing it.

ID# 147122 results: Craft: 1, Loot: 1+[5/3/2]=11, Success!

1*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 38

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 147123 results: Craft: 12 + Loot: 18+8=16 [Chest found]

Total Loot:

"I'm not sure I would choose the word 'placebo,' necessarily..." Shield said thoughtfully. "A placebo implies that it does affect the outcome, even if the action itself had no impact. If you're implying that the act of keeping it less grind-intensive by focusing on other tasks prolongs the onset of fatigue and increases success by increasing grind time... then a case could be made." He shrugged and swung his pole from the shoulder, casting out his fishing line into the cave-dark lake. He heard the faint splash in the distance and began to reel in once again.

His line snagged yet again. Testing it, Shield pulled a little, but it did not dislodge. He pulled again, harder this time. He felt whatever it was drag heavily along the floor of the lake. "This may be a more profitable venture than I had initially planned for." He returned to the same labored reeling method from before, pulling with his arms and the steady base of his legs, then relaxing and reeling in the slack he had created in the line by moving things closer. Within a minute, a third chest lay dripping on the shore, water still trickling out of the corners of the lid.

Edited by Shield

The plants continue to mill about with golden sheen betraying those ready for harvest as his skill set causes them to pulse with maturity. "Hmm a fair point, but I'd like to think our prior real world wisdom had some barring even if small. Perhaps only through steeling ourselves in our activity as though these small personal touches had an effect, has an effect only on our perceptions. As if the concept of seeing things differently brings about a different result with it." A spoken analysis with no basis but simply a theory, as if cognition could change the course of anything. Followed by a snapping of more tendrils of plant matter, in a methodical retraction into his bag as another upheaval of a box from the waters bed. "Quite the haul indeed, guess the system is feeling generous today." the nomad notes as he scanned the ribbed container, this one is more rounded than the prior few.

ID# 147127 results: Craft: 7, Loot: 12+[5/3/2]=22, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +2 Bonus Materials

4*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 42

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Opening Chest - ID# 147129 results: Loot: 2+7=9

• [8-11] = 1,575 Col, 3 T3 materials, 2 T3 rare consumables

Keys used: 3

Total Loot:

Col: 9,975
Materials: 24
Rare Consumables: [147112b] [147112c] [147129a] [147129b]

Shield shrugged, ambling down to the shore once again. Kneeling down, and keys already in hand, he held out one of them to the lock. The small golden key vanished, clicking open the lock and disabling it from the inside as it dissolved to dust. Shield checked the readout for the contents of the chest. He didn't look impressed. "I think generous might be a little bit of an optimistic take, at least on this particular haul," he said. He dismissed the menu and collected the contents of the chest before straightening up and turning away from it just as it shattered.

He returned once again to his seat, plopping himself down perhaps a little unceremoniously. "I suppose I can't complain. On this floor, chests always come with enough Col to be worth the trip and there's no harm in opening everything I find. If I was a lower leveled player or if this were anywhere else in Aincrad, that might create some difficulty." Picking up his rod, he returned to his fishing.

Edited by Shield

A peer over the shoulder just to get an idea of what Shield was alluding to and the list was comparable to what he was used to finding in chests he had found in his own little grotto. So there is still a margin, so it is a simple improve of odds? Raidou thought as he scratched this factor onto the paper in his grasp while the chest turned to dust of blue and vanished. With a word paid to Shield while he returns to his own endeavors "I suppose it is fickle from time to time, it is about what I've come to expect from these containers." as his hands started going through the motions as he kneels over the blue tufts of plant life. A few break and pop free easily as his count was becoming more and more prevalent, showing that perhaps this place was a thriving location for this specific strain of herbs and would not be a bad place to return to.

ID# 147179 results: Craft: 1, Loot: 14+[5/3/2]=24, Success!

2*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 44

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 147188 results: Craft: 12 +  Loot: 7+8=15 [Chest found]

Keys used: 3

Total Loot:

Col: 9,975
Materials: 24
Rare Consumables: [147112b] [147112c] [147129a] [147129b]

Shield shrugged. If he were honest about it, his luck with them lately had not been spectacular. He had found several, but actually finding anything he could use in his craft was difficult. That said, his luck with the things he had uncovered while going through his back-logged items was a different story. "RNG's are always a little bit that way," Shield said, pulling back his arm and letting loose another distant cast. It was muscle memory at this point, especially after the Easter event. "In any case, I probably shouldn't complain too much," he said. "I know that I have an easier time of it opening chests than others. I've seen people find chests and then realize they were out of their depth and leave it alone entirely."

He began to reel in is line when it snagged again. "...no... there's no way." His lip twitched, half expecting this to be a joke that Cardinal was playing on him. "This one has to be a log or a rock or a big clump of algae." He reeled in using the same method as before, and it certainly felt like the chest he had fished up as it moved closer. Finally, yet another soggy, waterlogged chest. He shook his head in disbelief. "I'm not a superstitious man, but maybe you should follow me on my fishing trips more often, Raidou."

Edited by Shield

Possibility when present had a way of screwing you over, that was obvious to the nomad which was the very reason his plans were written. "Agreed, every time I find one myself I take every precaution I can before I open one. So the ability to do so without the fear of a rebuttal is very inviting." Raidou remarks as another box pull to the shore, Shield was on a roll even if he was deadened to the fact. It stood in Raidou's mind, this was the most chests he had ever seen in such a short amount of time which cemented Shield's skill for greatness to be sure. "Another one?" Raidou asks as it surfaces, rising from his position over the herbs and taking to the more deep body of water. Getting on his hands and knees and adjusting the lenses on his nose near the edge, he attempts to peer through the darkened waters to get the sense of how many more may be under it to no prevail. 

ID# 147189 results: Craft: 7, Loot: 8+[5/3/2]=18, Success!

4*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 48

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Opening Chest -  ID# 147190 results: Loot: 13+7=20

• [16-20] = 3,150 Col, 8 T3 materials, 1 perfect T3 armor/shield, 2 rare T3 consumables

Keys used: 4

Total Loot:

Col: 13,125
Materials: 32
Perfect Armors: [147067b] [147112a] [147190a]
Rare Consumables: [147112b] [147112c] [147129a] [147129b] [147190b] [147190c]

"Trust me, I'm just as surprised as you are," Shield said with a shrug. "Normally in this time I would have found maybe two. Even with a few dud chests, you're still going to walk away with a good chunk of loot." He gripped the handle and pulled the chest the rest of the way up, depositing it on the shore before pulling out one of his keys. Their numbers were thinning faster than he expected, which was definitely a problem he didn't mind having. Holding out a chosen key, the lock popped open.

Shield read down the display window, taking in all of the information displayed on it. "A decent haul to be sure. Not the very best so far today, but still good." Shield collected the contents and straightened back up. At this rate, he wondered if he should even sit down. Perhaps it would be easier to stand so he didn't keep having to walk over to open chests. He chuckled himself to a little at that thought.

Edited by Shield

Raidou couldn't help but notice the ring on his belt was thinning out rapidly, a double edge sword of burning through so many unearthed chests from the bed of the lake. It seems as though fishing was causing a spawn at a much more rapid rate. The wanderer was used to hours passing before he had found a single one, but here in less than an hour, the pair had seen around five so far most of them because of Shield's expertise. A mental note taken with his hands unlatching from the body of water he could not peer through, fishing was more valuable than first thought. Perhaps a pairing of a merchant and a fisherman, or simply a merchant fisherman was ideal. "Rest assured the most valuable reward, I have already obtained. Your insights have proven to be the most beneficial thing I've received today." with his red robe on his shoulders, paid with a smile Raidou speaks in honesty.

ID# 147191 results: Craft: 2, Loot: 6+[5/3/2]=16, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +1 Bonus Materials

3*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 51

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 147193 results: Craft: 1 [No Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 32

"If my insights have proven to be so valuable, you must not have met many good scouts," Shield said with a chuckle. "There is so much more to the scouting skill trees than just chests and their contents. That just happens to be what worked for me." He returned his fishing pole back to its usual spot in his hands and threw out his line. "There are skills for specifically looking for dungeons and labyrinths. There are skill specifically for hunting down other players."

He thought back to his time with the Celestial Ascendants, how their scout paladin, Itzal, had back then been so agreeable and mild-mannered. Shield hadn't seen him since before he took his leave from the front lines, and he had been concerned towards the end. He had become more brooding, more stoic. He had even taken up hiding skills and started concealing his face. It was sad to think about. Still, if there was one thing Shield could do under duress, it was not letting throughts like these show on his face.

Edited by Shield

It was impossible for Shield to know that when it came to the number of people he knew well it could fit on but a single hand. "I don't frequent towns all that often." Raidou remarked to the man. Dungeons? Labyrinths? The terms clung in Raidou's mind while his hands functioned without him, methodically autopiloted through the motions. A question for another time perhaps, as he was still fixated on the approach Shield showed to have promise in with each casted line, a careful study to understand the details even the finer ones. A tap of removed root onto his thigh, Raidou awaited the moment Shield would inevitably exposed another from the lagoon of algae in this lit nook. Adding the select few of sapphire herbs to his satchel on his hip, a repetitive system between each cleaning them and dabbing them dry before depositing them away for the transit home.

ID# 147211 results: Craft: 9, Loot: 5+[5/3/2]=15, Success!

4*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 55

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 147212 results: Craft: 5 [1 Material found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 33

"I can't say I make a regular habit of being around people either," Shield said, though he knew that would be turning around more and more as the guild got off the ground. he wondered if he would in fact have any time to himself at all. He would desperately miss that, but whatever it took to get out and get home.... he remembered his fishing, pulling in his line and casting out again into a less fished portion of the lake. "In any case, even if you don't frequent towns, I highly recommend getting yourself on the good side of an info broker. Having valuable information about builds and skills is indispensable."

He felt a pull on his line and started to reel in. The end of the long string of fishing line moved back and forth in the water as whatever had his hook fought to escape. "What do you know," he thought aloud. "First animate creature I've hooked for a few minutes!"

Edited by Shield

There's a term he had not heard in eons, an Info broker. He used to be paid in paltry sums to act as such an entity, given his insistent travel and persistent examination of that he found made him quite the compendium back then. A clamp of the plants in his grasp draining the little left which was fine, given the sheer offering he had taken it was more than a suitable haul. Standing and wringing out the fringes at the bottom of his robe to kick out some of the weight, Raidou rinses the muck from his appendage. The sounds of a reeling rod screech out as Shield lands a piece of his own, signifying the cardinal chose something more mobile this time around. A pity as the fish were of little need of perception, he knew how to get resources and it was the chests that interested him.

ID# 147214 results: Craft: 11, Loot: 16+[5/3/2]=26, Success!

[Gatherer Activated!] +3 Bonus Materials

5*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 60

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 147363 results: Craft: 7 [2 Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 35

Shield could feel the weight of his key ring at the back of his hip and was aware of how much lighter it had become since he had first unhooked it earlier in this outing. All things considered, it had been one of the more lucrative outings he'd had in a while. "I don't know about you, but I'm probably not going to be staying terribly long," he said, throwing out his line once again. "It's been a fruitful outing, but I'm going to need to start identifying some of this gear I've been finding. At some point, I'm going to need to run back up to the twenty second floor and raid that witch's stores again," he said, beginning to reel in his line slowly. "Best odds of finding anything worthwhile on unidentified loot is from that potion she makes."

Shield got a bite, and unlike the chests he had been fishing up, this one came relatively easily. In just a matter of seconds, he had pulled the fish up out of the water and onto the shore. It flapped about for a few moments before it fell still and was automatically converted to its material items.

Edited by Shield

A silent nod in agreement from the nomad as it had been a fruitful day for his coffers. "Given my sheer yield, what I have so far should suffice for today's haul so I may be returning as well. Typically it takes much longer to harvest this kind of quantity so thank you for allowing me to wander around in here. Identifying, that must mean you're a merchant, which given what you are pulling from these boxes, it makes sense in efficiency." Raidou exclaimed as he thought of the two others he knew and drawing comparisons perhaps a change was in order, as a more productive showing from Shield had brought about.

"Witch on floor 22?" A question not well phrased but should meet the end he meant it to. There were more quests to analyze and he had not been up quite far enough to peruse the board in the Town of Coral despite the guildhall being on this floor.

ID# 147368 results: Craft: 9, Loot: 20+[5/3/2]=30, Success!

4*T3 Materials Obtained!

Total T3 Materials: 64

Edited by Raidou
Spoiler

Fishing - ID# 147433 results: Craft: 1 [No Materials found]

Total Loot:

Materials: 35

"Yes," Shield said, casting out his line one last time. "Deep in the forest is a field boss witch who brews a crafting consumable. It stacks with the static bonuses from the Mount Olympus quests as well, so anyone who has a profession can benefit on their crafting by picking up a few of them." There didn't seem to be anything biting, so he reeled in his line and began putting away his bait and tackle. "The nice thing is that if everyone taking the quest has already defeated the witch once, they no longer have to fight her the next time. All they need to do is fight her flying monkeys to get the potion."

With his things squared away, he stood up and addressed Raidou. "What do you think? Make one more sweep of the perimeter for chests and then call it a day?" He had definitely gotten a lot of mileage out of chests so far this trip. One could hardly blame him for wanting to make one more attempt to capitalize on them.

Edited by Shield

Interesting, Raidou withdraws his book and makes a note of the quest in question. If the witch was overcome it could prove a valuable asset a buildable boost above current maximums, very similar to the crafting respites he makes.  "Gladly." Raidou peers through the magnifying lenses on his brow and with an advancing glance about it don't take long in his sweep to find the prospect. Hidden in a small crevice, where the wall seems to wrap into a pocket lays an old wooden box of golden trim, composed of planks that are beginning to splinter from age but holding strong thanks to the solidifying paneling wrapping the fragmenting material. A hearty tug rips it from the hole it had found itself in, loose stone scatters for a moment. A shift to the side and a call to Shield "Found one." with his book in hand awaiting to catch anything he may have missed in the last few.

Looking for chest: ID#147451 results: Loot: 19+[5/3/2]=29, Success!

Edited by Raidou