[PP|F1]<<Earning a Living>>Glittering Prices

After talking with the sleazy little NPC boy that was somehow younger than even her the Kitsune looked over her instructions for her new profession. The task was rather simple, looting items from outside the safe zone that were unidentified, taking them back to the shop and identifying them for use. She was going to be able to keep one of them for free as well. Maybe if she got anything interesting, she would keep it.

She snarled at the idea of doing this quest, but whatever, get it done and use it for her own benefit later. Raidou would help her with it though. She opened up her menu and started to compose a lovely little message.

Kon Stupid.

Get down to floor one and help me do this dumb profession quest. I'm not good with this [censored], you are.

Fox.

And with that lovely little tough added, the message was sent to Raidou.

Spoiler

General
Level: 8 | HP:  160/160 | Energy: 16/16

Stats
DMG: 8 | EVA: 1 | MIT: 0 | ACC: 3 | Rec: 2

Skills
THBA Rank II

Equipment(In use)
Obsidian Scythe: DMG III
Kitsu-mono: EVA I; Rec: II
Fox Totem: LD III

Equipment(Standby)
Kitsune Mask: ACC III

Consumables:
(3x)Starter Potions

Sam was helping Eruda clean up her shop while she was gone. Picking up a few clothes lying around, Sam hears her HUD chime with a message saying "We have a new member of Firm Anima who needs our assistance. Meet Simmone and me on floor one." Sam smiles at this but realized that she wasn't in the guild yet so why would he be inviting her in such things. "Okay, then Raidou..." says to herself in an empty room. Collecting what little gear she had, Sam walks out of Eruda's shop knowing that she wouldn't have to go too far because she was already on floor 1.

Walking into the Town of Beginnings not sure who the new recruit was, she walks to the fountain and sits on the edge waiting for Raidou or Simmone to show up. Sam glances around and sees a player by the quest board messing with their HUD. Looking over the figure, they had a white mask covering her face. "Very interesting..." saying as Sam looks over this person from a distance while she waits for the rest of the team to show. 

Spoiler

Sam - The Red Rose:

Level: 6

HP: 120/120

EN: 12/12

Weapon: Grand Cleaver - Stone (Damage 3)

Misc: 

Misc: Silver Band - Farore's Wind: +3 Loot Dice

Damage: 8

Loot Dice: +3

Skills:

Two-Handed Battle Axe (Rank 2): 4 Damage

Battle Ready:

Edited by Sam

Curious a message this late in the day, usually they had a habit of flooding in much earlier in the morning. "Girls it seems I have some business which requires my attention, looks after the place for me?" Simmone asks of the twin NPC's in her shop ruffling Moro's hair. "Take care of those materials and get them ready for the move." she asks the girl in a demand, to which Maru simply salutes while Moro shouts "Aye~!" and begins to move the varied sacks around the shops interior. Traveling through the starting city to the nexus: the flowing waters of the fountain of a crystal blue color lay in the center culdesac of player and NPC ran shops. About the place, green players, most that refuse to leave the safety of the cities walls. All these potential buyers wasted because of their fears...

Spoiler

Simmone, The Black Cat

Level: 13

HP: 260/260

EN: 26/26

Weapon: Ornate Quicksilver Rapier [Rapier] (T1/Rare) Bleed 1 (12 Unmitigated Damage per round for 2 rounds on NBD 9-10), Keen (+1 BD after successful attack on the following attack.)

Armor: Embrace of the Lotus [L.A.] (T1/Perfect): Evasion 1, Recovery 2

Misc: Cat's Gaze [Trinket] (T1/Perfect) +3 Accuracy

Damage: 2

Accuracy: +3

Keen: +1 BD after landing a strike, for the next attack

Recovery 2: Recover 2 EN on CD-6+

Evasion: 1

Bleed: 12 Unmitigateable damage each round for 2 rounds (9-10)

Skills:

1H Rapier: Rank 1

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on Next Attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inv:

Gilded Lotus [T1/Perfect/Trinket] (+3 Loot Dice)

The girl was taking the steps toward a more grand scheme to be sure, as a response from floor 1 lit his screen. Placing the sheet of paper in his hand he was scanning over down, Raidou removes and cleans the lenses on his glasses. Replacing them and opening his HUD, a quick conducting of two messages rather similar before they are sent. One to the upstart Sam and the other to Simmone, fitting additions given the premise of the quest was for merchants so bringing the lot of them seemed suitable. Sending a response to Fuyuko after the fact

I am sending aid, I will be their shortly once I reach the city of coral.

~Raidou

Standing up to the sounds of his chair raking across the wooden floor, Raidou peels his red robe from the back of the chair he was sat and burns a trail to the City of Coral, the guildhall being on this floor making it the only warp gate within range.

Spoiler

Raidou, The Red Wanderer:

Level: 41

HP: 820/820

En: 82/82

Weapon: The Black Star - Genesis [1HSS] (T1/Perfect): Paralyze 1 (9-10), Taunt (+1 Hatred from Attacks/Howls, +2 on Focused), Vampiric [Offensive] 1 (Recover 10% of Total HP on 9-10)

Armor: Swordsman's Gauntlet [Heavy] (T2/Perfect): +54 Damage Mitigation

Misc: Red Wanderer's Robe [Light] (T1/Perfect): +3 Evasion

Skills:

1 Handed Straight Sword: Rank 3

Battle Healing: Rank 3

Parry: Obtained [Vengeful Riposte]

Fighting Spirit: Obtained

Howl: Obtained

Gatherer: Obtained

Searching: Rank 5 (GM)

Concentration [Extra]: +1 Accuracy on next attack, 3 turn cool down

Battle Ready Inventory:

4*Golem Strength Potion (+2 Base Damage)

Auric Sol  [1HSS] (T2/Perfect): +6 Base Damage

Self-Heal Recovery Potion (T1/Uncommon/+60)*4

Teleport Crystal*2

The menu in front of her beeped with ever button pressing. Mainly sending messages to people and mapping out a course of action. Standing by the quest board would be an easy way to get noticed by any Firm Anima members that came her way. Raidou would be smart enough to tell them that she was pretty easily spotted in a crowd with her mask anyways. A girl caught her eye while scanning the area for anyone with the Firm Anima logo near their name, like her own. She was looking this way. Was she one of them?

That was when another woman came up behind her: Simmone. Raidou had yet to introduce her to any of the other guild members, but it was apparent by their matching logos that they were guild mates. "Kon, you are apart of the guild known as Firm Anima? Raidou said he was sending a friend or two here to help me out. You can call me Fox."

Sam notices Simmone and the figure she was eyeing talk to her. Sam gets up from the edge of the fountain at walks to Simmone's side with a smile hearing every word that was spoken. "Hi there Simmone. Nice to see you again." Looking moreover this figure now seeing that she was a female. "I am Sam and I guess I am that other friend that Raidou sent. Nice to meet you Fox." Sam looks around awkwardly before saying "Sorry I am used to being on the other side of this. Firm Anima is helping me as well so being here helping you..." her words fall silent as she looks to Simmone. "Well, it's new. So what are we doing today?" Sam was trying to be friendly but instead sounding like a lunatic talking so much. Sam opens her mouth to say more but metaphorically puts her foot in mouth so she didn't scare the girl away. 

A cleaver sort this new girl was, able to use the system to help her pick them out of the crowd. A valuable skill to be certain, Simmone wondered how deep that perception was. A response to the face which was familiar to her "Sam, how is your appraisal skill fairing, find anything interesting yet?" she asked the maiden with black hair before a girl in a white mask shaped like some sort of animal approaches, a new 'face' "Simmone Escheté at your service, but those who do not know me know me as the black lotus or the black cat: the proprietor of the black odyssey." to which Simmone offers a bow and a formal introduction. A quick look around "Curious where our conductor is, surely with his nose in a book somewhere." Simmone expressed. That boy was surely to busy for something so trivial, as he seemed more and more rapid in their dealings as of late as if things had become more active.

Raidou slides behind Simmone having just made a drop to floor 1 "I need no introduction Simmone, but I appreciate the sentiment." aiming to cut the idle chatter to a minimum, after all, there was a task to complete and this conversation was making little strides towards its finality. "Sam" Raidou speaks with a firmed voice and a nod before a brief introduction "This is Fox, proven more than capable and is joining our ranks. She is aiming to become a merchant which is why I called for you both today, expedite her progress so that she can put this behind her quickly." A response that sounds like an order, Raidou was becoming heavier and heavier in his words albeit short and without question. Adjusting the robe upon his frame, Raidou starts to head toward the field and the village to which the trainer was within as this quest he knew like the back of his hand by this point.

Edited by Raidou

Kitsune nodded between the two girls: First Sam, then Simmone. "Nice to meet the both of you. If you are friends with Raidou, then you are a friend of mine. And, Simmone, I recognize it now. I purchased your Gemini kit when I was level one to destroy the Gemini. It was done after a single attack." Fox followed behind Raidou, wasting no time.

As they made it out into the field, she knew the quest parameters would allow her to exploit lower level enemies for items, but nothing would be useful for her level anyway, so the Fox brandished her massive talon of a weapon and rushed into enemy mobs without nary a second to question it. After several mobs, and item finally dropped from them, nothing entirely useful, but it was necessary for the quest, so she would have to hold on to it. Once it was in her inventory, she looked for more things to kill.

image.thumb.png.40cb75b3e2ef7cb481d227ccaf47b2e6.png

Found: Unidentified T1 Uncommon Shield

Edited by Megitsune

Sam makes haste toward the fields to meet the others as she calls out to Simmone "You coming" with a small grin as she glances back at her over her shoulder. Watching the girl destroy the pathetic creatures as it drops one item needed for the quest. Noticing the large weapon she carries Sam says "Nice weapon you got there." Sam pulls her THBA out for mainly just show. "Your style is well rounded as well. What made you want to be a merchant if I may ask?" Sam continues to watch as each was just sliced in half and turned into data. Saying to herself "I think I am going to like this one." Looking to Simmone as she was behind. Looking for Raidou to check what he was up to, thinking that he was most likely out gathering something around the fields like he did when he went with her on Earning a living quest. 

A bit startled by Raidou's sudden and solid arrival cutting her expected conversation short, Simmone follows in tow. "A merchant, the plot thickens. Yes, those Gemini packages are quite something aren't they. A recipe created by the boy you call your friend, used the very same idea to make our Gemini lose without a second thought. It was quite the ordeal but with that little idea it was made so much easier." the girl fanned out and after a moment of passing easily yielded a drop from the weak creatures of the floor. "Well done, wonder what it will turn into. I doubt it will be anything interesting but who knows." Simmone remarks looking over the parcel that was awaiting an appraisal. Simmone looks about and it appears as though Raidou had broken away from the pack, having vanished into the canopy. Doing her best to do as she was asked, Simmone takes to her rapier and begins to corral the mobs toward the girl bunching them up for the reaping.

Just out of sight Raidou pushed the mobs toward the party on his map, creating a herd as it was numbers that would produce the items that Megitsune needed. The more she had within proximity the faster it would be. The group should have little issue dealing with this job, she was in good company as each of them had completed this quest before. Raidou took this moment to bolster the guilds reserves even if slightly, keeping an open ear in case he was needed. His gatherer skill pulses on his minimap before like sonar it finds a hit, a golden dot appearing just leagues from his location. Heading to the spot, a few unplucked green herbs at his feet. "No time like the present." as his gloved hands begin to brush the tops of the green plant life. A quick couple tugs piles the units to his side, an additive to the guild vault with every passing moment.

ID# 148212 results: Craft: 12, Loot: 16+[5/3]=24

[Gatherer Activated] +3 Bonus Materials

4*T1 Materials Obtained

Total T1 Materials: 4

Edited by Raidou

The Megitsune was relentless. Her scythe tore everything that decided it's life was meaningless and threw itself at her: Wolves, bees, boars, slimes, etc. Everything was torn in half, no exceptions.

"Your style is well rounded as well. What made you want to be a merchant if I may ask?" The girl with a Battle Axe of her own asked from the side lines.

"You're mistaken. I chose to fight in and out of the shadows, piercing from the darkness and leaving little in my wake. My style would be considered hide, pounce and obliterate. Nothing survives a fight with me for longer than a minute or two, to be more blunt, and they'll never see it coming."

"Well done, wonder what it will turn into. I doubt it will be anything interesting but who knows." Came from the other woman, her rapier luring enemies into their doom.

"I doubt I'll use anything I get from this quest." She responded, focused almost entirely on slashing through everything in her path.

image.thumb.png.12735ad44bd3513d9eb1927fb53a4834.png

Found: T1 Rare Shield

Obtained: T1 Uncom Shield

Edited by Megitsune

"Hmm still sounds brilliant. I am hoping to be similar but not hidden within the shadows. I would prefer to be that last thing they see before they evaporate into nothing" she says with a smirk painted across her face. Even in the light Fox's movement was precise and quick. Looking to Simmone she smiles "So I'm looking to get my shop soon...where would you say be best for such a building. Oh, and you have yet to show me your ways. How you do things, maybe you could bring me to your shop later and teach me a few things if you don't mind." Sam looks to the girl in the mask who was darting from creature to creature with no problems. "Hmm, I rather do enjoy watching others fight. Everyone has a different fighting style even with the same weapon as another," as she watches more get wiped out and another item drop. 

Simmone watches in a passive stance, her weapon drawn as more of a formality than anything. Megitsune this new edition to the guild was violent but efficient. "Alright my dear, I would introduce you to the girls if you wish to accompany me to the odyssey after this is over." she replies to Sam before paying an observation in a whisper. "This one is quite effective, quite the reaper eager to commit genocide. Wonder where Raidou found her at, filled with so much fire." it wouldn't be long now before the last piece of equipment dropped and the girl would have the key to form her own building, a reward to her own ambition and eagerness to improve. Simmone continued to do nothing more than force the lambs into the blender, enjoying the show as Megitsune cuts them down in a spray of data with each new addition to the pack.

With no message to impart the nomad with the sense that anything was going awry, only the sounds of combat in the distance. Raidou awaited any call to his aid but was convinced the popping of data was more than likely due to Megitsune seeing it as the most efficient way to find what she was after. Wondering if the pair provided were offering her any real assistance at least the option was available to the girl if questions arose. A shift of his hand in the remaining pack of herbs as his eyes scan another couple to add to his satchel, growing the stores in the guild with this constant activity gave him purpose and expended idle time in a productive fashion. Shifting them over and tapping his thigh with the roots Raidou deposits what had wrought, assured that given the time it might be time to check back in with the others.

ID# 148222 results: Craft: 3, Loot: 17+[5/3]=25

[Gatherer Activated] +1 Bonus Materials

2*T1 Materials Obtained

Total T1 Materials: 6

Edited by Raidou

The Megitsune's talon blenderized everything in her way. In response, the system could no make enemies strong enough to kill her, so instead it spawned so many at a time. Tons of boars and bees swarmed the Fox, but her eyes saw through all their intentions. The scythe flourished through the air so fast that is almost impossible to see clearly though a blur of speed. Several seconds of exerted speed and all the mobs were eliminated around her.

Another unidentified item fell at her feet afterwards, the Megitsune's breath was heavy and her energy was completely drained. Her voice muffled through the mask she wore after a few seconds of her rasping. "Everything that stands in my way will be turned to dust. Nothing can defeat me in this game." She said, picking up the final item that she needed to finish this quest. "Let us make haste to the shop so I can get this quest done."

image.thumb.png.236077d8f6c05c035eece7dd2084f7ed.png

Found: T1 Rare Weapon

Obtained: T1 Uncommon; Rare Shields

Edited by Megitsune

Looking to Simmone with a smile saying "I am looking forward to it then," then looking to Fox saying "Agreed and you will be a great asset to the Firm Anima team which reminds me..." Sams words trail off and she shifts her body to Raidou. Walking to Raidou "So it's simple that either my friends are dead which would really suck or they just really don't want to be found. I am doing these quest with your guild yet I'm not apart of it. Do you think I could join Firm Anima," Sam says sadly thinking about her friends who have yet to appear. "I need to be apart of something more than just myself and I know I wasn't sure before which is why it never came up. I will learn how your guild does things and I promise I will work hard," Sam didn't know if she even had to explain herself but she did anyway just in case. Sam was tired of using all her free time on false hope for her friends and she wanted something better to look forward to. 

Edited by Sam

The girl had her gains after an impressive show of strength, with unidentified items in tow Simmone sheathes her rapier as she would no longer need it. "Well then to that idiot to get your key." Simmone spoke to Megitsune, knowing now she would have to deal with that insufferable Billy and his escapades. Taking a look around the field to the destruction showed almost scorched earth. Sam seems to break from the pack, moving to the boy in red as he approaches through the canopy. Simmone silently hoped that perhaps the girl would find something of use in the lot she had harvested, but from her experience most of what is produced is complete and utter trash. A stance along the village of Tomoika, taking a lean against the wall Simmone checks her current inventory and the guilds registry making use of the time while she awaits Megitsune's finalization so she could return to the odyssey and check up on the girls.

As the nomad approaches Sam moves to meet him, just as he clears the treeline. Looking to the girl with jet black hair, she asks a question that takes him slightly off guard. "Your friends may very well still be out there, but you have a place in Firm Anima if you wish it. All you needed to do is ask." Raidou flips his menu open and sends Sam the request "I do not expect you to do anything in particular, we are bulwark of arms in support. When you need something ask your peers, If you need aid in your profession..." Raidou motions to Simmone "You'll find her an excellent tutor. Just don't let her scam you." Raidou remarks in honest opinion, being out of earshot of Simmone. He manages to catch a glimpse of Megitsune as she heads toward the village, convincing him that she was more than likely taking the final steps to the quests completion.