[PP_F-5] (Invite only) (Quest) A Broken Road (Complete)

Miaki approached them both now that it was obvious they knew he was close by. Holding his hands up in a sign of surrender, he shook his head slowly. "Don't worry. Im no threat. I actually heard through some of the guild leaders that someone was taking on the <> quest. Im here offering my assistance." He stopped 15 feet away from them and introduced himself. "I am Miaki Murakami, Brigadier General of Azure Brigade."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saix sat nearby, the small church a quiet place he enjoyed going to read, noticing the gathered people nearby he stood and decided to get a closer look. Closing the small leather bound book he had been reading and placing it in his pocket, he walked close enough to recognize and hear Miaki's explanation as to what had brought him here. "Taking a shot at <> eh? From what I've heard it's not an easy quest by any stretch of the imagination." he said, rotating the shoulder of his sword arm as though loosening the joint. "Well, it sounds like a worthwhile cause, so count me in. I'm Saix, Captain and leader of the Ebon Vanguard." He said with a nod towards Ryu and Rosalia. He flashed a grin at Miaki, clearly the two knew each other. "I see I'm not the only one who is ready to lend aid to those in need, good to see you again Brigadier General."

I looked to both of my companions who magically appeared when i knew i was going to need them most.

Well...thank you guys for being here...i have no idea what i would have done if you hadn't shown up i said looking at both of them.

I looked at all three of them and watched them nod at me. I walked up to the statue and knelt down sticking Ragnarok into the ground, not very far and prayed to the staute

i quaeso, veniam a vobis (OOC: I pray forgiveness from you, that is the Latin version) i said out loud and waited for the statue to take form.

The sky darkened as if turning to night with the sound of thunder echoing through the city. The stone statue of the warrior angel broke the night gleaming with a light source unseen that lit nothing more than the angel. Her eyes, stone white, began to cry blood giving great contrast to the plaster white of its surface. The rumbling grew and within it a voice called forth, seeming surrounding the player who played forgiven. It spoke in several languages at once nearly indiscernible before one rose clearly understandable over the others.

Semita iusti tyrannis undique mali. Et percutiam te, et in indignationem furoris sui, et de fratribus inquinant qui destruere conantur. Et dabo ultionem meam super te, et scietis quia ego Dominus.

The angel lifted its massive two handed sword from the ground stepping off of the pedestal it rested on.

Battle Die: 1 Critical fail

the blade thrust into the ground before Ryujin, passing so close to his face that his hair was blown back form the draft of the strike.

I jumped back pulling Ragnarok with me.

Alright guys...this is it, dont hold back, give it everything youve got and we cant lose! i shouted and i lurched forward my sword activating slashing skill number one turning the blade a bright green and lashing out at the statues stomach.

Battle Die: 3 miss

I slid past the beast noticing i couldnt hit it for the life of me. If this kept up we were NEVER going to beat this thing and id have made friends only to lose them so quickly.

I watched Ryu miss and i couldnt help but feel sorry for him so I knew i was going to have to step up my game if i wanted to try and help him.

Here goes nothing....Charge! i screamed as i pulled back my spear watching it turn red i let loose my stabbing technique and aimed low for the monsters stomach.

Battle Die: Crit 10

My spear flew through the air with such grace that i was sure i hit a weak spot in the monsters resolve but the monster only seemed to get angrier.

The words he he heard were Latin but flew right over Miakis head. He never learned the dead Indo-European language but his background in linguistics brought some payback as he was able to pick out a few of the words he heard. He drew his katana which emitted a bright silvery flash and said his battle cry as he joined the battle. "Battle routine. Set. Execute!"

Battle result: 2 DMG

His blade scratched against the stone statue before them.

Ryujin: 31/31

Rosalia: 9/9

Miaki: 57/57

Saix: 19/19

Repentance: ??/??

Drawing <> with a flourish, Saix charged into battle, his red coat and great speed a fitting reminder of his nickname of <>. Racing up beside the huge statue he targeted what he thought was a weakness, a crack in the plaster, and drew his rapier back, charging one of the middle Sword Skills of the Rapier, the blindingly fast series of thrusts <>.

Using Sword Skill: Roll 8 to immobilize enemy for 1 turn

Battle Dice: 7 + 2 = 9 Success!

Damage: 1 + 2 = 3

Applies Bleeding for 2 Turns and Immobilize for 1

Result: If Saix had seemed fast before, <> blew that preconception out of the water. His blade was no more than a glowing red blur that pierced deep into Repentance's side in a quick staccato succession of four hits like a needle piercing cloth.

Repentance: 72/80 (Bleeding 2/2)(Immobilized 1/1)

The angel remained unmoved by the attacks inflicted upon, simply gazing at the player who held the orange icon. It flapped its wings, though remained in place, and stared down at its target. Repentance raised its blade in the air above its head and brought it dow to the height of its chest. Its wings flapped sharply launching several stone feathers at its target, only to miss him and land at his side. The angel remained still and vigilant watching the players before it.

Dice Roll: 1 Fail

No longer Immobilized

Repentance: 71/80 (Bleeding 1/2)

The beast kept looking at me but it couldnt seem to find me as a target anymore. My sword lit up again and i dashed at it hoping that this time i could start dealing damage. This would be pointless if i dont help to kill the beast.

Battle Die: 9 (crit)

2 (crit damage) + 2 (sword bonus)

-1 bleed damage

My blow was direct and swift making me feel confident that we could do this. I turned around and watched the rest of my team strike at the beast.

Repentance: 66/80

I was inspired by Ryus attack and couldnt help but smile at him. I charged at the beast head on continues to attack him with all my speed and might.

Battle Die: 8

1 damage

Another nice hit, this time aimed at the creatures knee. At this rate i was sure we could win this game with no problem.

Repentance: 65/80

So far the Angel Statue, that resembled something Miaki had seen from the "other" world in a television show his father used to watch, couldn't hit anyone. It merely stood stationary staring at the one named Ryujin with it's lifeless eyes and unending gaze. They had to bring this battle to an end soon. He took up his katana <> and held it up initiating the sword skill <>, a 3-hit combo also known as "Scarlet Fan". Once the charge was complete and his katana glowed a bright green, Miaki rush forward at the soulless statue.

(OOC: Sword skill activated (Roll 8 to pass)! Sword skill cooldown 3 turn(s).)

Battle result: Crit! 3-hit combo! 1+ 1 + 2 = 4 DMG!

The <> rushed forward swinging his perfectly crafted blade in a upward leaping motion, as he began to fall to the ground he grinded his sword downward, soon as his feet were planted on the ground, Miaki took the handle of his katana in both hands and thrust it into the statue ending his combo attack.

Repentance: 61/80

Waiting until Miaki's combo was finished, Saix darted forward, his rapier held at the ready as he targeted the angel's chest and released a blisteringly fast thrust in the form of <> the first sword skill a Rapier user learns, his silver blade aimed right through the Angel's diaphragm. Such a thrust would have killed a living creature, but in this world of numerical values; it was simply removing numbers from a total.

Battle Dice: 9 + 2 = Critical Success!

Damage: 1 + 2 +1 = 4

Applies Bleeding for 2 turns

Result: The needle sharp silver blade pierces the statue's chest with a dull thunk, before the <> gives the blade a quick twist, and pulls it free as he darts back out of striking range.

Repentance: 57/80

The overwhelming amount of damage that was impacted on Repentance was staggering. the Angel had yet to hit its target and it had already lost over a quarter of its health. The last hit knocked the Angel to its knee using the massive sword to stop its fall. Rising up from the ground, the angel rushed forward with renewed vigor slashing downward at Ryujin

Battle Die: 6

The sword slashed through the player making the first bit of offensive seen this battle.

Ryujin: 29/31

Taking that hit was a minor fault, and i wouldnt let something so stupid happen again. I raised my sword and cursed its name in my head. I didnt bother to attack this time around so i stood and glared at the statues knowing i was afraid of it, and i wont let it kill me.

I stood strong knowing Ryu was a strong person. I wasnt going to let him down, nor was i going to let this be the end of him or our miss matched group. I wasnt attacking this time either but i stood behind the beast. I readied my spear for the next round and waited for the creature to make its move.

Soon as the statue named <> could move again the being attack Ryujin. The damage dealt was minor in comparison to the numbers it was up against. Miaki was worried about the lower leveled player with them named <>. The spear and lance user was easy pickings compared to the rest of them. Miaki saw it was his time and switched out with her and attacked <>.

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown 2 turn(s).)

Battle result: Hit. 2 DMG!

The gash he left in Repentance was clean as he saw the health bar shrink a bit.

Repentance: 55/80 - under bleeding effects

Circling around his opponent, with his rapier held at the ready; Saix watched the battle unfold with calculating eyes. When the opening came, a fraction of a second after Miaki launched his attack, rocking Repentance back a step, Saix struck in a blur, stabbing his blade deep into the same crack he had targeted earlier the vital moment the statue was off balance.

Battle Dice: 9

Damage: 1 + 2 + 1 = 4

Result: The needle tipped blade penetrated deep, almost half the length of the blade; before Saix pulled it free with a quick flourish.

Repentance: 51/80 - under bleeding effects

The Angel surrounded and battered constantly by the efficient team staggered keeping its blood soaked plaster eyes on the target who summoned her. the various nicks in the stone were becoming more and more evident and strangely the cracks began to let out blood similar to that which ran from its eyes. It payed no attention to this as it stepped back and thrust its sword into the ground. its wings were thrown back then thrust forward sending out a wave of stone feathers aimed at Ryujin, but would hit all in its path.

Battle Die: 5

Misses Everyone? Its super effective!

Repentance: 51/80

((ooc im not sure why the angel is supposed to be bleeding. let me know if im mistaken))

The angel seems to be having a very bad day. I pulled my sword up and charged at the statue once more lashing out wiht a nice upward swing.

Failure roll 4)

My sword whizzed through the air missing the angel. i too was having a bad day clearly, but at least i had my friends by my side to help me fight this evil.

Repentance: 51/80