[PP_F-5] (Invite only) (Quest) A Broken Road (Complete)

I charged up another skill, but it seemed everyones moral was shot, mostly Ryus, but we continued to fight on. I had no idea what was going to happen if we failed and i didnt want to know so i pushed the thoughts away and unleashed my attack upon the angel aiming for a weak spot somewhere in the stone.

Hit 7)

It wasnt a large hit and not a weak spot but i sure did it. I miscalculated by a couple of inches but next time id hit spot on.

Ryujin: 29/31

Rosalia: 9/9

Miaki: 57/57

Saix: 19/19

Repentance: 50/80

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<> surrounded herself with her stone wings for a moment, almost as if she was shielding herself. Miaki watched her movements carefully then realized what was about to happen next. "AOE ATTACK! LOOK OUT!" He shouted just as the stone being began to expand her wings in a quick fashion, firing dozens of stone feathers. Miaki back flipped to evade the attack and watched Ryujin and Rosalia attack her. As soon as Rosalia's lance struck true the <> rushed forward to switch out and attack the being.

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown 1 turn(s).)

Battle result: Hit! 2 DMG!

With a stabbing motion, Miaki thrust his katana into the statue, aiming for one of her wings. Repentance began to shift around as he closed the distance and instead he clipped her wing with his blade.

Repentance: 48/80

Quick on his feet, Saix bobbed and weaved avoiding the nasty flying feathers as he moved back into position. The slender red blade of his sword was like a laser guided needle, and as he saw the cracks opening on their enemy's body, he saw a multitude of targets to exploit. He might not have had the flashy sword skills of the katana or the utility of the One-Handed Sword; but his rapier had certainly proven accurate thus far. Darting in close, he took a moment to steady himself, before thrusting his blade deep into one of the bleeding cracks.

Battle Dice: 8

Damage: 4

Applies Bleeding for 2 turns

Result: Again his blade bit deep into the open wound, and with a quick twist Saix retracted his blade and backed away, his feet moving in perfect harmony like a master duelist.

Repentance: 48/80 [bleeding 2 Turns]

battered and beaten with plaster chipping off with each attack it took, Repentance focused primarily ion the one who summoned it. the fact that its quest bearer was the least bit of the damage it had succumb, it only cared to end his life. Ryujin quick attack missed but as the angel swung, her target was already beyond her reach leaving the attack to come up empty.

Battle die: 5 Miss

Repentance: 43/80 [bleeding 1 Turn Remaining]

This statute only ever focused on me ever. It was only going ot focus on me because it saw right through my body and into my evil soul. It wants to eliminate the evil from this world, but thats not who i am anymore and its not who i ever want to be again. I raised my sword high into the air.

If you want me Repentance...YOU CAN HAVE ME!! i shouted rushing with my sword pointed at the statute.

But not without a fight...my friends here have come a long way and im NOT willing to let them go to such troubles to fail and go home disappointed that we failed...We wont lose...im glad i have friends that are willing to stick by my side till the bitter end...this is over Repentance...here today you will lose to me and we will claim victory for ourselves i shouted swinging my sword in the direction of the the statute

result 6 Hit for 3 damage)

I cut the statute up its chest dealing some damage, i was hoping it was my speech that was inspiring us to do so well but i knew in the end, it wouldnt matter, as long as i had my friends still at my side when we won.

Repentance: 39/80 [No longer bleeding]

The monster was becoming more annoyed and more annoyed with every hit it took but now was the time to hurry up and end its life. I tightened the grip on my spear and I rushed at Repentance hoping to help put an end to its pathetic existence.

result 5 miss)

I zoomed past the stone statute and stood there in disbelief not understanding what was going wrong with me today. I couldn't hit anything even if my life depended on it, and right now its wasn't my life on the line, it was Ryus.

Repentance: 39/80

• 2 weeks later...

Halfway there. The health bar of <> was just past the halfway point. As soon as Rosalia's lance struck true the <> rushed forward to switch out and attack the being.

(OOC: Sword skill cooldown 1 turn(s).)

Battle result: Missed!

Miaki jumped diagonally at the statue and missed. "Get 'em Captain!"

Repentance: 39/80

Saix didn't need to be told twice, or at least, he assumed he didn't. He had no idea if Miaki was referring to him as 'Captain', but he supposed that didn't really matter. The big freaky angel in front of him cracking and bleeding and crying was what mattered. Holding his rapier at the ready, Saix charged forward hoping to put the hurt on the big creepy statue. Seriously, what kind of twisted person thought up bleeding crying statue enemies? Was Kayaba a Dr. Who fan or something?

Battle Dice: 9 + 2 = Crit

Damage: 1 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 7

Applies Bleeding for 2 turns

Result: The needle sharp blade drove deep into one of the cracks in the stone body. Giving the blade a quick twist for effect, Saix nimbly darted backwards his coat billowing around him. "Keep it up guys, we're doing good. I've got healing potions if you start getting low."

Repentance: 32/80

• 2 weeks later...

((PM 9Lives directly when you need repentance to post. i cant keep track of what monsters need to be posted where. don't rely on other players or staff to contact me because sometimes they forget,m and sometimes i'm not available to post when they tell me and i forget before i get back.))

The angel was being systematically defeated at every attempt. Leaping back the angels wings swept back then thrust forward throwing forth its stone feathers piercing into Ryu.

Battle Die: 9 Critcal

3 damage!

2 additional posts of bleeding (1 damage)

Ryujin: 26/31

A stone feather struck my body and it took me a moment to recover from that.

Well isnt this a rocky situation huh i said chuckling to myself. I lifted my sword and ran at Repentance hoping this battle would be almost over shortly, knowing this thing would only target me, means i would have needed potions and i have none whatsoever. I might die here, but not without a fight.

Roll 4

It was another failed attempt. I sat down in the grass after i missed and waited for my punishment since there was no way i was going to recover from that little mistake.

Ryujin: 25/31 - 1 bleed damage

I watched him fall. I almost gave up hope, he was going to lay there and die unless we did something about it. He had that look in his eye that i knew meant "i give up". I raised my spear and and charged at Repentance hoping that nothing else would go wrong.

Roll 5 miss

There was no way. i slid right by him, and now Ryu was going to die and i am going to blame myself for the rest of my life. Oh im such a terrible person...why did he have to invite me along for this...?

Ryujin: 24/31 - 1 bleed damage

Miaki saw the moral of Ryu was starting to falter. It would seem that the mental trauma of Repentance was starting to get at him and as a result Rosalia was starting to go into a berserker mode, blindly rushing the stone being. "Don't lose it you two. Ryu! Back on your feet! Nobody is dying today except for this thing!" Miaki followed up behind the the spear user and swung upwardly at the stone monster.

Battle result: Hit! 6 DMG!

The silver katana sliced right through the statue's torso bringing out a blood curling screech from it.

Repentance: 26/80

"Come on Ryujin, stand up. The point of making mistakes is to stand up and keep going past them, right? That's why you took this quest, right? Get up, and let's kick some ass! You're not about to let some statue defeat you!" Exclaimed Saix as he darted in at high speed, scoring another lightning fast thrust into one of the bleeding cracks that littered the monster statue's body.

Battle Dice: 9 + 2 = Crit!

Damage: 1 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 7

Repentance: 19/80

Moving forward on stone legs with heavy footsteps that shook the ground beneath them > lifted her sword high, and slashed down hard on the kneeling Ryujin. As the one who had preyed for forgiveness, he was her sole target outside of her occasional AOE attack that the others happened to be caught up in.

Battle Dice: 6 HIT

Damage: 2

Ryujin: 21/31 - 1 bleed damage

Hearing Saix and Miakis words i was moved, motivated even, Taking yet another hit from Repentance i forced myself to stand up.

You guys are right...mistakes are meant to be learned from...and not to get killed over i raised my sword in the air.

for Glory my friends, let us avenge the fallen of those who died by selfish players who only want to ruin the lives of others Clearly he was talking about players killed by PVPers

I gripped my sword and ran at the statue

Roll 5 miss

It was another miss, and just when i thought my moral had just gone through the roof. But this time i turned around and kept my sword stead braved forthe next atrack. Their positive works stuck in my head. I held my ground and waited to be attacked once more.

Ryujin: 20/31 - 1 bleed damage

Seeing the insperation on Ryus face spark up like a light in a dark room i was inpired to keep pushing on. Hearing the words they had to say i felt the need to do whatever i could to protect him.

They are both right Ryu, theres no need to give up yet, forget the past, it only drags you down if you allow it to...these boys are both very wise, i couldnt see you having any better friends than them i tried to be as inspirational as the boys before me

I lifted my spear and pointed it at Repentances chest.

The statue dies today, you will not perish here Ryu, and we wont let you i spoke inspirationally

Roll 3 Miss

I missed and accidently bumped into Ryu. I flashed him a smile and flipped my hair out of my face.

We are in this together...whether you want us to be or not i said to him hoping it was enough to keep his spirits up.

A quarter of health left on her. This shouldn't take that much longer he told himself. Only a couple more hits from each of them. "Looks like we almost have it down." Darting right and out of the statue's sight Miaki rounded around behind and rushed her from behind.

Battle result: Hit! 6 DMG!

Miaki stabbed the monster in the center of it's back right between the shoulder blades. "HIT HER CAPTAIN!" He yelled with his blade still deep in the flag boss.

Repentance: 13/80

One thing that Saix never needed to be told twice to do was attack things, and make inappropriate comments and equally inappropriate times. "It's not like me to hit a woman, but I will sure shake a b*tch" He muttered, paraphrasing a rather old meme as he charged forward, his rapier held at the ready. With a quick flick of the wrist, he thrust his needle sharp blade, tearing deep into one of the oozing cracks that covered Redemption's body. A moment later he had given the blade a good twist, and nimbly slipped away.

Battle Dice: 9 + 2 [Crit]

Damage: 1 + 2 + 4 + 1 = 8

Repentance: 5/80

The angel stood up straight drawing its sword up high for another attack. Its left arm broke into pieces trying to hold the weight of the massive blade sending the sword to the ground. it moved forward defiantly towards its target throwing its whole body into swinging the sword horizontally in a last desperation attack. the blade missed its attack and the momentum caused the other arm to break loose disarming the monster in more than one way. It still had its wings to attack with but it was apparent that this was the end of the battle.

Ryujin: 19/31

I lifted my sword above my head and brought it down in an attempt to finish off the beast that would control my past. But i completely missed its body again. It was clearly set up for me not to make the finishing blow, but im glad my friends were behind me to back me up.

Together my friends, and we can finally kill the statues of fate. i said confidently.

Ryujin: 19/31