[PP-F2] Cave of Wonders (Shaya+Zerva)

Shaya was walking alone on the second floor, she heard of a cave with chests of materials that hasn't been discovered by very many people. She was hiking through the mountains when she decided to stop and look at the stars above. Though she knew it was dangerous to let her guard down she didn't let the beautiful view of the stars escape from her eyes. She takes a seat on a small edge, staring into the what seemed like an endless universe.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had been exploring the mountains as well, but more for the sake of exploration than anything. He found it amusing climbing so high into the sky, almost as if he might pop out on the next floor! Suddenly his attention is caught by a sound and he reaches for his dagger, staring at the source with wide eyes! When he noticed first that her icon was green, and that she was distracted, he let go of his dagger with a sigh. He slowly approaches the woman, curiosity in his eyes as he says "Stargazing?" He looks up at the virtual sky. It always amazed him that it was a ceiling, not a sky. There was a floor resting just above it.

Shaya's ears twitched when she heard a voice from behind. She looked back to see the figure not far behind her, Yeah, it's amazing isn't it? She converted her attention back to the sky. Watching stars soar through the sky she spoke once more, It all seems so real doesn't it? I never would have been able to guess it was virtual. My name's Shaya, it's nice to meet you. She said with a wide smile on her face.

He nods in agreement with her words, saying when she finished "Yeah, not just the stars, but a lot of things. The breeze, the way the water moves... There are subtle differences, but so much is the same." He chuckles softly and moves to stand next to her, mindful not to get too close since they had only just met. "I'm Zerva. It's a pleasure to meet you as well." He holds out his hand to her for a handshake, or to help her up if that was what she wanted. "I am just scouting this floor, what brings you here?" He tilts his head curiously to her.

Shaya puts her hand out and shakes Zerva's hand, I'm here looking for a cave. An info broker told me there's one around here that hasn't been looted yet. I was hoping to get something rare but materials are better than nothing. She stands up next to Zerva, with her blue eyes gleaming like the night sky, Hey do you want to come with me? I always love someone to accompany me just in case I get in trouble. She starts to make a party and sends it to Zerva.

After staring at her almost shining blue eyes for a moment his sight is blocked by a pop-up saying he was invited to the party. He happily hits the accept button on the side and says "I would be happy to." He nods in approval as his eyes scan around for the cave with his night vision skill activated, giving his eyes a more real glow. "I can't really deny adventure with good company... Getting rewarded by the end is great incentive as well!" He grins slightly and looks back to her "I guess now we search and hope the cave is real."

He nodded in agreement about wanting the cave to be real. It would be waste if not. When they finished searching and finally found it he grinned and drew his dagger. "Awesome! So it's real then. Now we just need to get in there and wipe out anything blocking us from getting to the treasure?" He grins and uses his hide skill, masking his presence to all but his party member, who could still see him to a degree, and certainly his icon marking him as a player. "I'm ready." He nods.

Alright! Lets go! Shaya yells running into the cave. It was dark and damp within the cave with only enough room for about 5 people standing side by side. Man it's cramped in here. The walls will come in handy for fighting though. She looks back at Zerva making sure he's still close. The only thing she saw in the darkness was his name icon over his head. They come to a corner and Shaya looks around to see a seemingly endless hallway. Nothing around here. Stay on your toes though I don't trust this. She feels like she's playing a horror game just waiting for a jump scare to take place.

Zerva whispered to her "Okay, I will do my best... is this a bad time to mention I don't have the detection skill?" He tries to lighten the mood, subconsciously hiding his own worry that there may be traps around if it's so quiet and empty so far. "Hopefully the walls do work to our advantage... I am more used to... moving around." He shrugs and works to keep up with her, not wanting her to lose track of him. Momentarily the thought that if someone decided to attack her, thinking she was alone, they would be surprised to see there were two people.

Shaya turns the corner staring into the darkness. Even when she had her night vision on she couldn't see anything. She stays close to the wall making sure she can keep track of at least one thing. Walking down that hallway was the scariest time of her life, soon they came to a room lit by torches on the sides. What is this place? She stares into another hallway slanting downward slightly. A large thud was heard from where they came from. Followed by another and another, getting faster each time. Get ready somethings coming!

Zerva had already turned completely around the moment he started hearing thuds, his dagger at the ready as he squinted down the cavern with his eyes opened wide. The thuds made him paranoid and worried "Run or wait, run or wait!" He was unsure how to react. In the back of his mind he was worried it was a field boss or something, which he hoped it was not. He was too noob to die!

Shaya got close to the wall ready to attack. The monster rushed by skidding in the middle of the room. She looked at the icon above it. Giant Nepent with Fruit: 14hp She looked over at Zerva and shouted, I'll distract it! Make sure not to hit the fruit on it's head or it'll attract more! She runs in front of it getting it's attention hoping it wouldn't notice when Zerva was about to attack.

He still had his hiding skill up so he assumed the monster hadn't seen him yet. He runs up to the monster with his dagger ready, eager to do some weeding. "Easier said than done!" He starts slashing at the creature, not wanting to waste the opening that Shaya had given him. While his stealth faded he saw his dagger slice along the Nepent, doing critical damage as he smiled proudly of his stealth strike, quickly stepping back before it could retaliate hopefully!

Zerva 11/11

Nepent 12/14

The nepent turned around swinging at Zerva missing only by inches. Shaya jumps into the air slicing downward on the monster before it attacked again, being especially careful of the fruit on top of it. The nepent heard her as she swung downward toward it, doing a full 360 smacking her into the wall with it's massive vine arms. the impact caused massive damage on her as she fell to the ground.

Zerva 11/11

Shaya 12/15

Nepent 12/14

He watches with wide eyes as the nepent misses and grits his teeth when Shaya was not as lucky! Hoping to give her enough time to recover he charges at the large plant and tries to hack some more of it off with his dagger. He certainly didn't want the creature getting at her while she was down. Zerva hissed in worry as the Nepent manages to see him coming as well, keeping him from landing a hit and taking a hit himself! He was a bit more prepared than Shaya, only knocking him back a bit since he was able to brace himself.

Zerva 10/11

Shaya 12/15

Nepent 12/14

Shaya stumbled getting to her feet and looked at a small timer in the corner of her vision counting down. Her <> skill was counting down, 1:30. She charged her weapon once again trying not to let the hit bother her. Zerva! She shouted as she watched him get hit. She rushed towards the monster and thrusted her sword. She manged to stab the nepent as she jumped backward bracing herself for the next attack.

Zerva 10/11

Shaya 12/15

Nepent 11/14

He had the air knocked out of him, instinctively touching his belly and chest to test for damage. The fact this was not a normal body not yet quite sinking in leaving him momentarily stunned until he heard his name being called. He shakes his head and clenches his dagger tightly, staring metaphorical daggers at the monsters as he tries to strike back, charging at the Nepent once again! He smiles as he gets right up to the Nepent, managing to dodge a preemptive strike by the monster before slicing along the plant's main body, cutting away at it with his dagger before backing off again as was his routine. Without any real means of defense all he could do was dodge and move around to make it tougher to get hit!

Zerva 10/11

Shaya 12/15

Nepent 10/14

Shaya notices that it's back was turned to her once again. She runs toward the nepent once more charging her sword. She yelled to Zerva, Nice work we have it confused right now! Keep it up! As the nepent turned around to swing at Shaya she was already at it's legs. It swung as she slid through it's legs jumping and slicing up towards the neck.

Zerva 10/11

Shaya 12/15 (0:50)

Nepent 8/14

Seeing the beast starting to look slightly fearful or surprised he had zero issue trying to take advantage of it. "Alright, let's keep this going!" He says while charging to intercept the creature while it was still distracted by Shaya, slicing towards one of its assaulting limbs. He laughed in satisfaction as his blade struck true, badly wounding the creature's vines and giving him time to back away again into the shadows so to speak!

Zerva 10/11

Shaya 12/15

Nepent 6/14